2012 Soompi Forums Holiday Present Hunt: Win Prizes!

melkimx

• Replies 234
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for participating in the second round! Time's up and the answers are below:

12/26:

Q. In defense of Kagome

A. http://forums.soompi.com/discussion/comment/476428/#Comment_476428 (Thread: Your most hated Inuyasha character?)

Explanation: If you're like me and you know absolutely nothing about anime, then you could have googled "Kagome" to find out that she was a character in Inuyasha, then gone to our nice anime & manga forum to find the relevant thread. The post in question contained a kind of defense of Kagome.

12/27:

Q. Where can you find honey, burnt toast, and sweet potatoes? Look below, on the fourth level.

A. http://forums.soompi.com/discussion/comment/16723337/#Comment_16723337

Explanation: I was a little surprised that people found this one difficult! Our most popular threads on Soompi are the shipping threads in the Korean entertainment forum -- and right there in the title, people tend to give them cute food names such as "Honey" (Song Seung Heon and Kim Tae Hee) and "Burning Toast" (Song Joong Ki and Moon Chae Won). But probably our most popular thread, ever, has been that of the goguma/sweet potato couple, Seohyun and Yonghwa. So I thought if you knew those names or could just find the forum that contained them, then the next part of the clue, below, would lead you to the pinned thread, Korean underground. And then I admit that the part about "level" was kind of a throwaway -- really I just meant that you should go to the fourth page. Maybe it was a bit of a stretch! So now I know that the Korean entertainment shippers are not the people participating in this hunt!

12/28:

Q. Cuddly android (produced by our leader)

A. http://forums.soompi.com/discussion/2003491/crochet-robot-crobot

Explanation: I thought this clue might lead people to the tech forum -- and then I hoped that they would realize that that would be too obvious. Anyway, it seems like a lot of people found the right thread fairly easily: our founder soomp's penchant for knitting and crochet led to the creation of these cute little yarn robots!

Anyway, on the whole, this round must have been easier than the last -- 21 people returned all three correct answers. I removed any staff members or people who won the past round (sorry) :P If you returned all correct results for both Rounds 1 and 2, then I added your name twice for consideration. (I will also do this for Round 3.) Finally, the random number generator led me to the following names:

GrapeappleTree
Nyok0u

Congratulations! Please wait until the end of the contest to give me your information for the gift certificates!

Give me a moment and I will post the first hint of Round 3!

Guest aaimints

UGH I KNEW that sweet potato had something to do with goguma xDtrolololol better have some luck in the 3rd round.
the first hint is pretty easy~ I hope the other 2 will be too lol.

Guest lordbordem

The 2nd hint was a bit misleading since the Goguma couple thread is in K-variety and not K-entertainment like the rest  [-X 
At least personally that threw me off for a bit because i assumed there must be a forum with all 3 couples 
Ah well~ i still found it in the end  8->
Edit:That was a fun 1st hint, actually made me think for a bit. Very clever~ But only took me about 10 mins to find~ maybe i'm just that good ~

ib1XAOhZfiVxXC.gif

@-) oh no really?!? I should have checked more closely! Sorry about that; not much I can do now, but I guess I'll try to make the rest of it easier than planned! (A bit torn about that because a few people actually indicated to me that the second round was a little too easy!)

Anyway, some people who responded actually told me their thought processes and how they got to the end result. It was pretty interesting to read and hopefully it will enable me to give better clues in the future!

Guest lordbordem

Is that a slight hint to everyone and asking them indirectly to send you their thought processes as well  :-\"

But to be honest i think i was the only one confused by that, i think most people just ended up at the K-ent forum but had no idea what "Below" meant in relation to "4 levels." Not to mention that hardly anyone is going to know about the K-Underground thread  B-)

Still a good fun hint and it makes sense in hindsight~  :-bd

Guest shaneyhwang

It's hard to find TT-TT 2 & 3 WHERE ARE YOU. YOU KNOW WHAT, I JUST CAN'T WIN THE $50 UGH MY 12 YEAR OLD BRAIN SOOMPI I'LL COME BACK 3 YEARS LATER WHEN IM 15.

Guest limitlessdreams

Congrats, GrapeappleTree & Nyok0u!

Now, this first hint is...hahahaha I have no clue because of the possibilities! (:
EDIT: OMG I found it! HAHAHAHAHA It's a clever, very clever hint. Again, there were quite a few possibilities. To be honest, this could've been a Day 2 hint, I think. But I'm happy to have found it! lol
@lordbordem - Really? Goguma was in K-variety? Wow, I didn't even notice that...I just noticed that Honey and Burnt Toast couples were in the same forum...so I just happened to look there. Fourth level was clever because it tied into underground and I equated level to page (yei for my weird brain thinking processes HAHA).
@melkimx - if I find all three presents this time, you'll have a fun time reading my thought processes HAHA

The second hint, I thought it was something related to breakfast or food. I looked for variety shows that was with food since it was the fourth subforum below and that's where the Honey couple and sweet potato couple. I even looked at each of the WGM couples threads, Invincible Youth, 1 Night, 2 Days.

Guest wishingstar731

For round 2, I got the idea for the 2nd and 3rd hint but looked in the wrong places. I knew the 2nd hint had to do with goguma couple but I looked in K-variety instead, and I guess Honey and Burnt Toast confused me because I don't know about those two couple names. I even knew that 4 meant page 4. And I knew the 3rd hint would be in tech but I guess I didn't look hard enough. 

Guest ★Alessia★ ‏

Im so sick right now and I know I should be understanding what the answers to these hints are, but I'm too sick to think.. T_T I wanted to participate too but I'm not at my best! Oh well there is always next year! :) Congratulations to all the winners of the all the rounds!!! <3

Guest limitlessdreams

wishingstar731 said: For round 2, I got the idea for the 2nd and 3rd hint but looked in the wrong places. I knew the 2nd hint had to do with goguma couple but I looked in K-variety instead, and I guess Honey and Burnt Toast confused me because I don't know about those two couple names. I even knew that 4 meant page 4. And I knew the 3rd hint would be in tech but I guess I didn't look hard enough. 

Guest sarangsarangsarang

Hmm, I still can't seem to figure this one out. I thought it was a very straightforward hint, but with everyone saying it's clever...now I'm not so sure.

This hint has already led me to some "clever-worthy" possibilites lol

Guest pupball567

Okay 3rd round here I come XDD And yeah the 2nd hint for round 2 was really XDDD I was looking alllll around the we got married thread especially the season 4 couples XDD cuz I thought that burnt toast would equal kang sora and leeteuk and goguma of course yongseo..and then I just thought that some couple was the honey couple...=.= but they were actually the caramel couple. T_T Oh well at least I found it XDDD
I hope I'll get this round as well! ^_^

Guest forlease

i also thought the burnt toast referred to kang sora and leeteuk so i had my mind set on WGM. as for the "below on the fourth level", i thought about going four seasons back, which would be season 1 couples. (btw, i saw YOOJIN. on a lot of the couple threads, LOL. like on the list of the "who's online in this forum". that made me think i was on track since she got the hints for round 1.) 
as for the third hint, i wasn't able to go on the internet yesterday so i just gave up. ^^ 

Guest wishingstar731

limitlessdreams said: wishingstar731 said: For round 2, I got the idea for the 2nd and 3rd hint but looked in the wrong places. I knew the 2nd hint had to do with goguma couple but I looked in K-variety instead, and I guess Honey and Burnt Toast confused me because I don't know about those two couple names. I even knew that 4 meant page 4. And I knew the 3rd hint would be in tech but I guess I didn't look hard enough. 

YOOJIN. said: The second hint, I thought it was something related to breakfast or food. I looked for variety shows that was with food since it was the fourth subforum below and that's where the Honey couple and sweet potato couple. I even looked at each of the WGM couples threads, Invincible Youth, 1 Night, 2 Days.
Oh, that makes sense too for fourth level below... haha, sorry it didn't work out.

Anyway, things have gotten a little delayed so I thought I'd post the second hint early. I'll still give 24 hours total for the three hints, though.

12/30: _  _ and future... 2/2

Guest Chihoon

One time during my thought for the 2nd one... I honestly thought it was diet foods...(Honey = natural sugar, Burnt Toast = DONT EAT CARBON HYDRATES, and sweet potato because of its stable blood sugar thing)and then the third one Matoki since Zelo's was made by yongGuk,,, OTL

Archived