2012 Soompi Forums Holiday Present Hunt: Win Prizes!

melkimx

Guest ★Alessia★ ‏

WOW!!! How was I ever supposed to find the clues for #2 and #3 in round 1???? That is considered easy???? Even reading the answers for round 1 I'm still confused. But round two is WWWWAAAAAYYYY easier!!! Thank you Soompi for understanding!! :)

• Replies 234
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest forlease

omg.. i over-complicated everything for round 1. OTL. 
for hint #2, i focused on the word "accompaniment". i thought of duet songs that had "sweet titles" like big bang and 2ne1's lollipop. then i went on to search for WGM couple names like "sweet potato" for yonghwa and seohyun. TT-TT after that, i searched for random sweet side dishes like cranberry sauce and wine. i thought of relish and i had a hunch it was related to hot dogs, but i never thought of ketchup as sweet. ;~; 
for hint #3, i flipped the picture this way and that and tried to search for it on google. LOL. i even inverted the colors. after that i gave up since it was christmas~ 
but yes, things got easier and i found the first present for round two. :D 

You're the second person to tell me they tried inverting the picture! That's really interesting and now I want to think along those lines for a future round! (But probably can't do it now since then people would know what to do.)

Hint two, yeah, I guess it was pretty subjective!

Guest lordbordem

Yeah count me in as another person that did the color inverting. I had this strange idea that you had embedded some strange pattern into the image that only appeared once the colors were inverted -.-" See what i mean by overthinking will just lead you off the path of presents~  X_X 
Actually i did everything forlease did (Including the "Search through the massive Goguma couple thread"), i think great minds just think alike~ 

And the first hint for round 2 is even easier than hint 1 for round 1~ Found it in one go~  8->

Guest shaneyhwang

OMG YAY I got the 1st one! Finally something I found! (I was only able to get the Kahi one for Round 1) Thank you for making it more 12 YEAR OLD approachable! I hope to get a few Teen Top, Ukiss, and B.A.P albums! It only took like, 5-10 minutes too! (I'm lucky I watch all this anime!)

Guest shaneyhwang

@melkimx I thought too far! I was thinking like the 2008 movie A Frozen Flower and then I read to think more simply, so I thought Boys Over Flowers and Shut Up Flower Boy Band but oh well! (My brain capacity is filled with KPOP and anime mostly. I mean Michael Kors? GEEZ LOL.)

@forlease Me too!! I also thought of "Sugar", the old k-pop group. And what would best be coupled up with 'sugar'/wouldn't be able to stand alone (since the clue did state the 'BEST' accompaniment lol), such as "sweet and sour chicken" and the movie, "A Bittersweet Life". Then I thought of 'accompaniment' used in terms of music, and went on to search based on ideas about that. Also, before I found out the 2nd hint was un-related to the first, I thought the answer was in Orange Caramel's thread lol, since they're a sub-unit of, or "accompany", After School. I found the 2nd hint only after a long time. It was located in the thread I've had a "feeling" about since the beginning, too, but which my mind didn't want to open.

On the same boat with those who inverted the picture by flipping it around and by way of colors! At first I thought it had to do with unrequited love, because apparently an upside down rose represents that haha. Then I thought it had to do with Beauty and the Beast because a rose can represent beauty, and the "inverse" of 'beauty' can be 'beast'. Which, then, led me to think of Beast/B2ST, the group. I also thought it may have been related to winter because if the colors were inverted, the rose would have been blue, I think. Or it may have been related to Instagram, Photoshop, or any topics about editing pictures, because of the 'invert' part, so I headed to the 'tech' forums to search. I just put too much analysis into the hints.

omg so happy that i won~ thank you soompi and melkimx~! 
seriously props 2 u melkimx for coming up with these types of hints, really get ppl thinking and they're really clever, just like last year :D and i will just wait till the whole soompi hunt conclude to receive the prize. thanks!

Wow, I guess I really was thinking too hard. I honestly was one of the people who inverted the color of the gold rose. (And I got a blue-ish rose..) But no luck! xD Well congrats to the winners! Hopefully I can find all the presents in the next two rounds. :) And thanks for making the hints easier!

I still don't get how to do this hunt. I am so confused and lost. @_@

EDIT: YES!!! I finally found the first hint. Took awhile but I finally found it.

Guest thepigs

am i the only one who thought of midas for the third hint of round 1 o.o i thought it was a gold rose turning into a live (well, dead technicaly) rose, and that inverted was midas's touch. but UGH i skipped through the french fry forum because i thought it meant desserts that accompanied meals nicely DX got the hint for the 2nd round, but i hope i can get the other hints too >.< 

Guest sarangsarangsarang

Q. TIME for the third hint! Invert this:

A. Is the michael kors rose gold watch worth it? http://forums.soompi.com/discussion/comment/25479347/#Comment_25479347

Explanation: Switch around "gold rose" to get "rose gold." In addition, the fact that I put "time" in caps (I hope) led people to think about things like time, clocks... watches...

I knew I was overthinking it! My guesses pretty much were the same as everyone else (including inverting the pic lol)

Thankfully found Round 2's 1st clue...

Guest May 。◕‿◕。

I think that I was the only person who thought that sweet in red will try to say his opposite ._. Like "it isn't sweet". I thought in that moment in kimchi xDU

Archived