[Drama 2013] Incarnation of Money 돈의 화신

Guest nozomikizumi

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest bene2201

wow, just discovered this drama, and already an addict :-* and then I read the description about what is going to happen, seems - totaly in a good way - crazy

aoikarin said: I'm surprised adult's CD acts so different from Young CD. Young CD is very smart, quiet and high self confident. Adult CD acts like an idiot, too much self interest and faaaaaar from what I call cool. It's just so different from his young image! I love Young CD much much more than adult one. I like Kang Ji Hwan, but I'm not sure after seeing him in the last episode 3. Later, after he talks.. a very funny nasal voice + strange idiotic hairstyle.. I just can't believe the character CD is a genius. I think KJH overacts for this role. *sigh*

Kang Ji Hwan's power? "Incarnation of Money" viewership rise
Star Today original article 2013-02-11
(translated by pechumori)

404922_488990904470459_1851506172_n.jpg

SBS weekend drama "Incarnation of Money"(script by Jang, Young - Chul Cheong, Kyung - Soon / director), renewing its highest ratings and continues to rise. Audience measurement company, Nielsen Korea released its survey for the last 10 days broadcast. "Incarnation of Money" recorded a nationwide
viewership of 10.6% . The previous day, the episode recorded 10.2%, which means it rose by 0.4% the next day. During the period of the Lunar New Year holiday, most of the programs showed a decline in viewership while on the contrary, the ratings of "Incarnation of Money" rose. At the same time period, unlike the "Incarnation of Money", its rival Drama MBC's "Hundred Years heritage" recorded 14.4%, (declined by 2.7%). The leading drama of the late weekend time slot, the "Hundred Years heritage" is
gradually being chased by "Incarnation of Money" The episode which featured the "chubby" Bok Jae In (Hwang Jung Eum) intentionally kissing Lee Cha Don (Kang Ji Hwan) has attracted attention as a comic story drawn a line in the center of the plot.
[Daily economic Star Today reporter bakseyeon psyon@mk.co.kr]
photo credit: nate
source: Incarnation of Money 돈의 화신 FB

Guest rainqueen

I'm done watching ep. 3 and I'm really liking the drama so far. I love how it's able to juxtapose the zany with the serious and make those two elements look organic in spite of them being polar opposites. The transition from the young Lee Cha Don to the adult one is daebak. Really cheeky and ingenious. :-bd

I like this show and wonder how jae in would beat the pulp out of cha don. I think later they'll fall for each other again ... She'll lose weight and magically be skinny...typical storyline but I hope they will twist it around to make it more interesting. Being a rom com that is doable.

@imangla, there really was a tear that rolled down. I'm afraid it might be more of your second guess, which is disgust. Remember, according to the story, Lee Cha Don called Bok Jae In as fat and ugly, so even as an adult, that's still his reaction to chubby girls (Since Bok Jae In was made to change her surname to Gong by her mother, Lee Cha Don didn't recognize her as the same chubby girl he rejected in the past) I even saw a picture where he was wiping his lips with his hands disgustingly in the car.

BC9lVXPCQAEsTHL.jpg:large
credit: renngekjh

If you are familiar with the Columbian drama, "Betty La Fea" that is what I'm seeing here. The handsome boss was persuaded by his colleague to win the heart of the "ugly" secretary in order for them to use her in making illegal transactions for the company. The secretary finds out later by overhearing their conversation that she was just being used and so she reveals to all what the boss did and undergoes a makeover. However, unbeknownst to her the handsome boss fell in love with her even when she was "ugly" and so she goes on making him jealous when she was already beautiful.

A collage of pictures showing the different facial expressions of Lee Cha Don (KJH) in his reaction upon learning that he can meet the mysterious Gentleman of Jingogae if he becomes a prosecutor in Ep. 4 of IOM. credit: DC Kissgall

13172_489558101080406_325956419_n.jpg

source: Incarnation of Money 돈의 화신 FB

In all fairness to CD his intention was to befriend her but she was the one who misunderstood and decided he was trying to romance her. Even the kisses are all prompted and made by her. It had just little to much fat girl humor 
I found it strange that SK and JG stayed close but JG still gives off an aura of not liking SK while his son is SK #2 and I think the snitch on the team.Lawyer Hawang hates him as well as BR the reporter doesn't seem to care one way or the other. JH I think will be the one to help CD bring them to justice. The good guys will be CD,JI, JH, HS and PD vs the bad guys SK, JG, reporter, BR, and Hwang. 5 to 5. I'm still not sure that SK took a piece of the money. 
I'm really excited by this and I hope it continues to be as good as these first 4 episodes have been. 

Archived