[Drama 2013] Incarnation of Money 돈의 화신

Guest nozomikizumi

You're welcome, @arishia. :)

Kang Ji Hwan displayed sadness, rage and comedy in "Incarnation of Money"
translated by pechumori 2013-05-01

48013_517728358263380_1736039585_n.jpg

Ten years after his debut in 2003, in the drama, "Summer Scent", Kang Ji Hwan recently starred in the SBS weekend drama, "Incarnation of Money". Just nine months after the end of last year's film, "Runway Cop", Kang Ji Hwan experienced longer absences from the limelight because of disputes relating to the disagreement with his former agency, SPlus which filed an injunction to prevent him from performing his entertainment activities. The court ruled against Splus and Kang Ji Hwan was allowed to film "Incarnation of Money". Despite of the lower ratings received by the drama, Kang Ji Hwan performed his best.

The tagline of the drama, "There is nothing in the world that money can't buy. Money is the only enemy" caught his attention and he read the script at once. Comedy and tragedy were embedded in the storyline. It was an opportunity to show how he has mastered a wide variety of genres. "Viewers may feel awkward, as I transfer from comedy to drama from time to time. The change was not easy, even in times of sorrow and anger and comedy, I was worried we would not get a good rating, but thank God, we did."

The story of "Incarnation of Money" is about revenge. Lee Cha Don wanted his enemies like Ji Se Kwang (Park Sang Min) to be punished by the power of the law and to repent their sins.In the process, he got hurt. But Se Kwang chose to commit suicide rather than repent and stop himself from doing evil. "What struck me was the fact that regrettable sins and unrepentant people need to repent their sins because the law exists.The plain truth that was presented by the rule of law brought about a realistic ending that was a satisfactory conclusion to all." What does money mean to Kang Ji Hwan? "At least to have enough to protect the people around me, because you really can not have the money to buy everyone delicious food and to feel their pain. I saw the fence can be comfortable around people who have money and power."

Prior to the showing of the drama, Kang Ji Hwan was embroiled in a dispute with his former agency, SPlus and made sensational headlines in both newspapers and the internet. He chose to break the ice by holding a press conference before the start of the broadcast. The public opinion had tilted to one side because he kept quiet, and so to find the balance he aired his side. He thanked the IOM staff for waiting and said he will reciprocate by acting.
reference: hankooki
source: Kang Ji Hwan 강지환 FB

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@pechumori -- i checked out ep 20 of summer scent to catch the 2 second appearance of KJH!! these old dramas can be so funny to watch in retrospect... you never know who you will see a cameo of when they weren't famous....

@Lmangla, i downloaded "summer scent" but haven't seen it yet. I've seen KJH's pictures from that drama though, he sported a blond hair.

@Rubysing, I liked YEH and KJH in LTM. They looked good together and I wouldn't mind if they ended up together in real life. I did not really ship them. I've encountered fans who hated HJE for being KJH's partner in IOM, although YEH was the first one who had a project after LTM. And a lot more were asking for LTM 2. Though, HJE and KJH did not have as much kissing scenes as what YEH and KJH had in LTM, in respect perhaps to HJE 7 year relationship with her boyfriend, i would agree with what @krgirl87 has often been saying in this thread, that they also have chemistry. At this point, I'm ready to accept things as they are. It's their life, and the decisions they make at the end of the day would be based on how it would affect them and their loved ones.

Archived