Guest nozomikizumi

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

pechumori said: Kang Ji Hwan: He did well to be an actor
translated by Fridha Kusumawardani 5/5/13
edited by: pechumori

◆ Difficult to wait for the reward to be given immediately.

Kang Ji-hwan quickly learned the role of Lee Cha Don. He went to the director, Yoo In Sik who was grinning at the third day of shooting. He got recognition from the director who said, "It was worth the wait for the confirmation for you to join this drama and for your TV comeback." It seems natural for Kang Ji Hwan to be given the role in "Incarnation of Money".He was destined to be Lee Cha Don.

Kang Ji-hwan's reaction to Han Hye Jin's passionate love
translated by: Kiki Hudaku 5/9/13
edited by: pechumori

247139_520634177972798_1541354580_n.jpg

Actor Kang Ji-hwan (36) talked about his past co-star, Han Hye Jin's passionate love and the couple's 8 year age difference.

In a recent interview with TVReport, Kang Ji Hwan shared his views about his co-star in the MBC Drama of 2005, "Be Strong Geum Soon", Han Hye Jin regarding her love life. Last March 27, 2013,  Han Hye Jin announced her relationship with the football player, Ki Sung Yeung who happens to be 8 years younger than her.

He said "Whilst I am well managed and have the ability in that thought, for men with the same age difference it sounds like a thief. But these days, women say that it is natural to meet with someone younger. If you are good enough, age is not important"

In a relative manner, when asked about age difference, single Kang Ji Hwan said, "If she’s older, she should not be more than 40..." A slight confession and laughed.

Regarding the filming of "Be Strong Geum Soon" in 2005 with Han Hye Jin, Kang Ji Hwan said, "We were both just rookies, but more than me, Han Hye Jin was already a known actress. Anyone in the same position had the same thought. I was a new comer in his first leading role as a doctor with a pretty good life. At that time I was shaky and nervous."

Last month, Kang Ji-hwan became popular as Lee Cha Don in the recently concluded SBS weekend drama, "Incarnation of Money" where he received a lot of praise.

credit: [TV report = Song Seung press]
source:  Kang Ji Hwan 강지환 FB

This picture was one of those which were included on the board which was presented to the press in his recent interviews. Remember when Lee Cha Don went with Bok Jae In to the amusement park? That is one of the images which you can see in this picture. The other one was taken from the Birthday Fan Meeting.credit: DC Inside

262565_520583981311151_1297607163_n.jpg

Kang Ji Hwan: "Abusive Comments in the Internet can still be Seen in the Mountains"
translated by pechumori 5/9/13

197738_520434337992782_876268420_n.jpg

From "Be Strong Geum Soon" in 2005, "Capital Scandal" in 2007, "Lie to Me" in 2011 and "Runway Cop" in 2012, actor Kang Ji Hwan (36) has been shown across ever changing genres from comedy to melodrama to thrillers. In the recently concluded SBS weekend drama, "Incarnation of MOney", he took on the role of Lee Cha Don from the Seoul Central District Prosecutors' office Special Inspection team. He changed from looking like a snob who considered money as the only thing that was popular to that of a sober look who's out to deploy an elaborate revenge. At the time of casting Kang Ji Hwan, the situation tipped controversial issues due to disputes with his former agency
regarding his contract. Until now, a libel suit against the agency representatives is still underway. But aside from these situations, his value as a performer has been recognized. In a recent interview, Kang Ji Hwan came prepared to discuss the storyline of the drama and the relationships of the characters.He said, "I hope to have a serious attitude about acting for as long as it has always been".

-Before the "Incarnation of Money" you gained a lot of weight.

"As to the diet, I work out every time I hear the word 'Olympic' said out. At the beginning of the year, there were plenty of eating and drinking because of a problem with the agency. I was a little steamed."

-You received much acclaim for your performance in both drama and comedy

"Lee Cha Don was an unconventional character who was like a roller coaster expressing such diversity from comedy to melodrama, action and thriller and the reported comments felt good."

-Your participation in the "Incarnation of Money" was controversial. However, SBS expressed strong confidence. What's the reason?

"Broadcasting stations and producers also worry about such matters, It would have been a situation that can lead to a huge broadcasting incident where the cast could go wrong because of the leading actor. If no reviews were made to find out the legal matters about the actor, it could cause a delay. Work were neglected, ratings were poor. It seems that such points were taken into consideration."

-How did Hwang Jung Eum fare?

"Three years ago, we appeared together in the telecinema, "The Relation of Face, Mind and Love" At that time, even if it was just rookie Jung Eum's years as an actress, you would have to grow more. The fat lady suit was supposed to be a burden for most, but she did not complain. The pleasant nature of the field created an atmosphere of fun."

-The follow up to your drama, stars Sung Yu Ri who was your leading lady in "Hong Gil Dong" and "Runway Cop"

"Today, the singer, Sung Yu Ri will not be remembered much, but the actress, Sung Yu Ri, remains in the memory. The audience of the "Secret of Birth" do not come at the beginning of the survey and may temporarily be slowed down by strong competition. But it would be cleared by a good performance."

-A litigation case with the agency still in progress

"The libel case against the former agency is still in progress and is currently under investigation. I am waiting for the verdict."

-A lot of rumors spread in the entertainment industry.

"That part was hard. In the past year, I thought of suddenly going out one day to a place where you can not see the malicious comments. Haphazardly pack your bags and go deep into the mountains. Ended up in the mountains and still read the articles with the malicious comments against me. Up again, I realized that Korea is an IT powerhouse (laughs) ".

-When are you going to think about getting married?

"I want to get married. I also finished thinking about my ideal Korean woman. I think the work is hard to find one with an open mind. "

credit: Wonhoyeon reporter bittersweet@joongang.co.kr via nate

KJH IN FRONT AND BEHIND THE CAMERA
translated by pechumori 5/3/13

941244_520333904669492_415250865_n.jpg

For more than a decade we have witnessed the great acting skills of Kang Ji Hwan. After two years, he has made a TV comeback as Lee Cha Don in the drama series, "Incarnation of Money where he performed a variety of emotions from anger, sadness and joy.

To be honest, I do not know what kind of person, Kang Ji hwan really is, but this is how he appeared when I met him. He walked into the studio and greeted everyone. He was polite and a little shy, but in front of the camera, his eyes began to change. His confidence was overflowing, the photo shoot looked
easy even in view of the positions taken.

Regarding the filming of the drama, I can not say anything, except that it showed a different version of Kang Ji Hwan. His commitment and focus were impressive. The drama may sometimes be painful for Lee Cha Don, but Kang Ji Hwan was always happy. His performance will be remembered for a long time. I've seen the real actor, Kang Ji Hwan and realized how happy he was when he stood in front of the camera. So the passion for his performance came out because he missed the camera.
credit: photo and article cine 21 via naver

Kang Ji Hwan's electric scooter ride along Gangnam, a long-awaited "outing"
translated by pechumori 2013.05.08

923184_520207601348789_1572917778_n.jpg

On a weekday afternoon, actor, Kang Ji Hwan enjoys the freedom to walk the streets of Gangnam.

Kang Ji Hwan posted this message on his Twitter yesterday, "Today's weather seems good! A long-awaited Gangnam outing" and together with a fresh hot photo.

The picture showed Kang Ji-hwan with a parked electric scooter along the streets of Gangnam while holding out a "V" sign with his fingers.

After his recent various interviews, Kang Ji Hwan will give himself a short vacation. He is freely roaming the streets as possible and enjoying the long-awaited electric scooter ride.

Wearing a comfortable attire of T-shirt and jeans, a baseball cap, and sunglasses, his look is reminiscent of a photo from a pictorial.

The black mask is not intended to hide the face, but rather seen as a fashion item. It is natural enough.

The netizens reacted by saying, "visual explosion", "so, you can be cool!", "today, i want to go to Gangnam", "basket cuteness", "want to see the real thing only once".

Meanwhile, Kang Ji-hwan is having a a sweet break after filming the recently concluded SBS weekend drama, "Incarnation of Money".

credit: Park se-Yeon@Daily economy star today

Actor Kang Ji hwan to become a cover model for fashion magazine

v7a1uiyfud6me90190083cstwfv8e1sz.jpg

[by Cho Suyoun] Actor Kang Ji hwan became a cover model for fashion & entertainment magazine THE STAR in May edition. 
Kang Ji hwan recently finished a series called ‘Incarnation of Money’ and showed climatic acting skills. As the series ended, he has been receiving so many attentions and is beloved by many fans. As he is one of the hottest stars these days, he has been chosen for cover model of fashion & entertainment magazine THE STAR.
In the pictorials, he expressed characters of a little boy and a macho man at the same time. Therefore, Kang showed different charms from what he showed in the series. Kang kept smiling and posing for cameras and showed chic and dandy style. As he is tall like a model and has tight body line, he was beloved by women staffs as well. 
In addition, he came to the studio with own dog ‘Sherry’ and acted like a photogenic just like his owner. In the interview that was held after photo shooting, he told behind stories of the series ‘Incarnation of Money’ and future schedules. Kang’s more pictorials and interview can be found in
THE STAR in May edition. (photo by THE STAR)credit: news@bntnews.co.uk

To all the mothers in the world, "HAPPY MOTHERS' DAY!"
There's nothing sweeter than hearing those four little words inscribed on the
picture below, being said to you today.
Enjoy your special day!!!
a screen cap from Episode 12 of Incarnation of Money

601851_521456421223907_1876472732_n.jpg

Since it's Mother's Day, allow me to re-post this sweet mother and son picture of Park Gi Soon and Lee Kang Seok. credit: nate

601877_521460724556810_392329039_n.jpg

For those who really like the writters, they are writting the script for Ha Ji Won's new drama, Hwatu. I don't like the fact that they are working with the director of Dr. Jin, but I will give it a try for the sake of the writters. 
PS: It's a saeguk.

hello, @HannahMiriam, i saw the write up about Madam Bok's participation in the MV.
I will post it later.

Meanwhile, for those who are interested in seeing puppy Hyuk's movie, "The Tower",
where he supposedly goes out of the shower naked, there is already a full movie link
at youtube. just send me a pm, if you would like to watch it. there are no eng subs
though. The famous plastic surgeon who operated on Jae In was also in that movie.

class="entry-title"Kim Soo Mi or Madam Bok's participation in an MV

class="entry-title"T-ara N4 confess they begged Choi Bul Am and Kim Soo Mi to appear in their MV

20130501_countrysidelife.jpg

T-ara N4 confessed that they begged Choi Bul Am and Kim Soo Mi everyday to appear in their music video.

The song “Countryside Life” shares the name with a famous Korean drama that aired a decade ago. Choi Bul Am and Kim Soo Mi had been the main characters of the show back then, so the T-ara N4 members wanted to incorporate them into their MV as well.

The girls were recently interviewed on ‘One Night of TV Entertainment‘ and revealed, “We kept begging for them to be in the MV so people can reminisce since our motif is ‘Countryside Life’. Our CEO went to them everyday to request that they appear in our MV.

Choi Bul Am said, “It’s the first time in 10 years since I dressed up for ‘Countryside Life’. The last time was back in 2003, so it’s been exactly 10 years.

T-ara N4 added, “On the day we filmed, Kim Soo Mi danced the ‘Bo Peep Bo Peep‘ dance. It became a hot issue because of her, so we’re thankful.

credit: allkpop

KANG JI HWAN'S THOUGHTS ON BLIND DATES AND PUBLIC COURTSHIP

translated by pechumori 5/10/13

179963_520882517947964_330746914_n.jpg

"Come to the Land of Kang Ji Hwan"

Born in 1977, Kang Ji Hwan is 36 years old this year. Being at a marrying age, he is thinking about getting married, but beyond his mid 30s. He could not help but wonder about announcing the courtship to the public.

Kang Ji Hwan starred in the recently concluded 24 episode SBS weekend drama, "Incarnation of Money" as Lee Kang Seok/Lee Cha Don and got rave reviews for his performance. He took a break after the filming and came back to meet the press in a cafe in Samcheong-dong, Seoul.

He has no current girlfriend. When asked about marriage, he said, "Of course I will get married, when the time is right. In the old days, you talk a little more up to what extent you want to talk about in the relationship (referring to an arranged marriage). I was given the opportunity to work hard, but the trend right now, seems to start with having a love affair and marrying someone naturally", he said.

Kang Ji Hwan added, "I don't have a girlfriend right now. I want to relax and spend precious time with someone. I should make the time. There are so many people around me who want to put a pressure on going on a blind date and want to send somebody a break. I'm always ready to receive an invitation. However, I do not want a public love affair" he said.

Kang Ji Hwan's ideal girl has changed a lot. Once upon a time, I wanted a thin,long haired, fair skinned woman. But now I also wish that she could cook well and would get to know my parents. A friend would have been nice. A lot of things come up."

Aside from looking for a girlfriend, Kang Ji Hwan's current interests are concentrated on taking a break. Nowadays, I want to relax to gain emotional and physical stamina so that I can work as long as I did in the "Incarnation of Money".

"After the drama ended, there were times I did not work. But this time, I plan to travel a lot. I also want to do a play or musical on the side." he said.

Kang Ji Hwan is also a stage actor who made his debut in the 2002 musical, the "Rocky Horror Show" and starred in the hit musical, "Grease",

In this regard, Kang Ji Hwan explained, "Following the fan meeting or concerts, rather than the usual things which appear in musicals, we try to plan something else.The performances are a little more progressive or unusual. I'm doing a different gig. One of the reasons for attending the show is because you've been dreaming about it. We combine both stage performances and videos to show to the fans."

Kang Ji-hwan was constantly thinking about his development as an actor. "I read about all the fields, and strive to cover all areas."

"Every time I talk to the fans for a long time, they always see me as their idol. But each time, I look at the figures of my work and I thank them. I will not make them regret that they have supported me. The fans are like family. They are always there and I'm grateful for it. When I act they are rooting for me until the end,"

credit: yijaeha and seolhui@Newsen
source: Kang Ji Hwan 강지환 FB

Park JungMin, the photographer who is responsible for the photos of KJH in the Sept. issue of Singles Magazine in 2010, will have an exhibit of his work starting May 11, 2013 to May 17, 2013 at the Oriental Light Art & Space Gallery in Beijing. The exhibit will open at 3 pm. This picture of KJH from the said magazine is featured in the exhibit's brochure along with the photos of other K POP Idols who have also been Park Jungmin's models. credit: baidu

944574_521239111245638_78280639_n.jpg

source: Kang Ji Hwan 강지환 FB

Archived