[Drama 2013] The Gu Family Book 구가의 서

Guest yeohweping

• Replies 34.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@daydreamer thank you for still updating your fanfic! I've noticed that since The love story of Kang chi is doing really well in the ratings in the Philippines, abscbn is making the episodes even shorter everyday so that it will last longer. I download the tagalog subbed episodes daily and they seem to have started from almost 30 mins daily to barely 20 minutes.

@lolzred
you should check out the seungzy thread. http://forums.soompi.com/discussion/2017553/official-seungzy-gu-couple-lee-seung-gi-bae-suzy-gumiho-lovers#latest
That's where a lot of people hang out.  Or the Seunggi thread.http://forums.soompi.com/discussion/33937/%EC%9D%B4%EC%8A%B9%EA%B8%B0-lee-seung-gi#latest

This is new I think!
c1jrXqs.jpg

star+roll said: @lolzred
you should check out the seungzy thread. http://forums.soompi.com/discussion/2017553/official-seungzy-gu-couple-lee-seung-gi-bae-suzy-gumiho-lovers#latest
That's where a lot of people hang out.  Or the Seunggi thread.http://forums.soompi.com/discussion/33937/%EC%9D%B4%EC%8A%B9%EA%B8%B0-lee-seung-gi#latest

This is new I think!

thanks for the info ...............

Guest jjsweeter0211

http://www.allkpop.com/article/2013/10/miss-as-suzy-spotted-on-a-night-outing-with-book-of-the-house-of-gu-co-star-sung-joon-jype-responds#axzz2gzPBPKWZ'>http://www.allkpop.com/article/2013/10/miss-as-suzy-spotted-on-a-night-outing-with-book-of-the-house-of-gu-co-star-sung-joon-jype-responds#axzz2gzPBPKWZ

tumblr_muhl8dhTQO1qi8xsso1_500.jpg
Suzy_1381466536_20131011_suzy_sungjoon3.

Suzy_1381466537_20131011_suzy_sungjoon7.
tumblr_muhzieWPLa1szr38xo2_500.jpg

http://www.allkpop.com/article/2013/10/miss-as-suzy-spotted-on-a-night-outing-with-book-of-the-house-of-gu-co-star-sung-joon-jype-responds#axzz2gzPBPKWZ'>http://www.allkpop.com/article/2013/10/miss-as-suzy-spotted-on-a-night-outing-with-book-of-the-house-of-gu-co-star-sung-joon-jype-responds#axzz2gzPBPKWZ

JYP has denied the rumor but judging from their hands, I think they are dating. JYP is going to deny no matter what since it might affect her CFs and her national first love image.I wish they could be more open-minded about dating issue in Korea.Hoping our Suzy will be strong. Don't let the negative comments hurt you okay? If the rumor is true, I am very happy for both of them. They look really match ~ Congratulations!~

P.S To all Seung-Zy shippers, don't feel so sad >:D<

@jjsweeter0211 said: http://www.allkpop.com/article/2013/10/miss-as-suzy-spotted-on-a-night-outing-with-book-of-the-house-of-gu-co-star-sung-joon-jype-responds#axzz2gzPBPKWZ'>http://www.allkpop.com/article/2013/10/miss-as-suzy-spotted-on-a-night-outing-with-book-of-the-house-of-gu-co-star-sung-joon-jype-responds#axzz2gzPBPKWZ

JYP has denied the rumor but judging from their hands, I think they are dating. JYP is going to deny no matter what since it might affect her CFs and her national first love image.I wish they could be more open-minded about dating issue in Korea.Hoping our Suzy will be strong. Don't let the negative comments hurt you okay? If the rumor is true, I am very happy for both of them. They look really match ~ Congratulations!~

P.S To all Seung-Zy shippers, don't feel so sad >:D<

Guest Daydreamer1430292535

Hello everyone! Wooh. Things are so quiet here. Can I just give you something to talk about and fuel up the ships? I'm so sorry that I updated just now. Mianhe. I lost the time, since I was also asked to make an article about Suzy in GFB for the suzyjjang magazine (which was a birthday gift to Suzy from the forum) then after that I had an attack of writer's block. I'm really sorry  :( Hope you'll like this chapter. :)  I'll probably update again when my sembreak comes! Hope you'll enjoy this!
Just the Beginning (Chapter 5)
Teaser Chapter 1 Chapter 2 (Part 1) Chapter 2 (Part 2) Chapter 3 (Part 1) Chapter 3 (Part 2) Chapter 4

“No… It’s just I wasn’t expecting anyone at this time.”

“We’re from the National Security. We just have issues to discuss with you privately” Lee Soon-shin explained. “May we come in?”

“Oh?” Kang-chi managed to blurt out – who still seemed to be at shock. “Yes. Yes. Please come in.”

“This…” Gon handed a folder to Kang-chi as he explained. “… Is Jo Gwan-woong, who has been involved into different illegal activities… He’s also known to be involved with major companies that eventually closed down.” Kang-chi opened the folder and immediately saw Gwan-woong’s photo together with the documents related to him. “… And I think you know him?”

For a moment Kang-chi clenched his fist, he exhaled and replied nonchalantly. “No, but I remember seeing him around in the hotel…” Kang-chi furrowed his eyebrows – his tone, defensive. “But what does this have to do with me?”

“I guess you cannot deny the fact that you’re also the CEO of this company?” Lee Soon-shin asked then his lips formed into a smile as he said in a thoughtful tone.  “We are aware that you’re also the CEO of this company, Mr. Choi.  We are also suspecting that he is targeting your company next… I guess that is a sufficient reason for you?” Kang-chi raised his eyebrows.

“In case you’re wondering how we knew...” Gon rolled his eyes. “We’ve done a background check on you.”

Kang-chi shot an eye at Gon, pissed.  “I know. I’m aware of that.” He managed to say while gritting his teeth as he added.  “I’m not stupid. So what if you made a background check on me? Then you should know by now that I have nothing to hide!”

Patience. Kang-chi thought. He is definitely going to need that in dealing with Gon.

Before Gon could retort back, Lee Soon-shin had already broken the tension. “We’re aware of that. Anyway, you know that he’s residing in your hotel for quite some time now. The National Security believes that he is targeting your hotel next; therefore, Mr. Choi Kang-chi, in order to avoid that from happening, we ask for your full cooperation in this matter.

“I understand.” Kang-chi nodded. “Of course you have my cooperation. I’ll do everything I can. Are my colleagues aware of this as well?”

“Yes.” Gon answered. “We have already informed Mr. Park and Ms. Cha about this, earlier. However both refused to help without us talking to you first.”

“Please make sure to look into the files here, Mr. Kang-chi.” Soon-shin handed him a flash disk.  “Show this to Mr. Park and Ms. Cha as well.  We’ll have a meeting regarding this 3 days from now.”  

“The three of you will ride in your car 9 miles from here all taking a different route. Once reaching those locations, there will be a car picking you up which will lead you into the meeting place. Once you’re in the meeting place show this to the receptionist.” Gon gave Kang-chi three gold cards and three SIM cards. “Those two cards are for Mr. Park and Ms. Cha, make sure you give this to them secretly. If you want to contact us, use the SIM with discretion! Make sure you give the others one as well. ”

Lee Soon-shin sighed. “I’m sorry, but precautionary measures are needed to be made. We’ll increase your security; also we’ll send someone to report to you, daily. As you know, dealing with a criminal as powerful as him is dangerous.  We cannot afford to take risks.”

Kang-chi solemnly nodded.  “I understand.”

Lee Soon-shin and Gon, then, walked towards the door. Before the door was closed, Lee Soon-shin smiled. “I’ll see you soon. Please be careful, Mr. Kang-chi.”

Once the door was shut, Kang-chi was left alone with the items they had left for him. He stared intently at the flash disk as he tightened his grasp on it.

It’s time. He thought. It’s time to fix everything. It’s time to put everything back into place. This was 422 years overdue.

Gon’s team had reached the place of what seemed like an abandoned warehouse.  He checked his watch. It’s exactly 7:00 pm. Gon beckoned for his team to go to their position and rushed near the entrance, pressing himself against the wall – his body, tensed.  His grip on the gun and flashlight tightened. He nodded as a signal to the police beside him. He mentally counted – one. two. three and kicked the door, hard.

Gon bellowed. “FREEZE!”

However, his face instantly changed – no one was there. 

“Search the area immediately!” At once, his team had scampered into different directions. Gon stepped forward as he opened the crate that was in front of him, one by one.

Everything was empty.

They were tricked.

Sae-yeon stared at her watch. 8:59 pm.  Yeo-wool-ah will come in any moment right now.  She took in all the details in her surroundings. She smiled. It seemed like nothing has changed – from the lanterns that were hung above in each table, to the arrangement of alcohols in the shelves behind the small, shady bar countertop, to the smallest details such as the carving on the windowsill from her favorite table. Nothing has changed, even it has been a while since she visited this place. 2 years to be exact.  It has also been 2 years since Sae-yeon had hung out here with Yeo-wool.

“Any minute now.” She look at her watch again as she muttered to herself. “One… Two… And –“ Suddenly a woman wearing a police uniform had entered as the door was swung open – it was Yeo-wool.

“And three…” Sae-yeon whispered under her breath. “Yah, Sae-yeon-ah!” Yeo-wool called out, waving, as she smiled. “Yeo-wool-ah!” Sae-yeon waved back. Yeo-wool sat across Sae-yeon, her untied brown hair was shining with the light beaming through the lantern above their table.

“How – Oh? You haven’t ordered yet?  Hold on… ” Yeo-wool raised her hand, as she called to a woman in her late 40’s, serving at the table beside them. “Hello, Ahjumma! We’ll get the usual…”  

Sae-yeon’s eyes widened. “The usual?” She laughed. “You’re not that hungry, are you?” Yeo-wool rolled her eyes. “Of course not!” Then she added.  “… And a bottle of Soju, please!” The woman called back “ Araso. Araso!” And in a moment she came back with a tray full of Banchan and a Soju. “Of course, you’re going to need some Anju as well! Don’t worry your order will come out in a while!” “Ok! Kamsahamnida, Ahjumma!” They both replied.

Sae-yeon giggled as she faced Yeo-wool, who seems to start eating the Banchan. “Wow. It has been 2 years since we ate together and it seems like your appetite did not change!” She picked-up her chopsticks as she start gobbling up as well. “In fact I think it went for the worse… Yah! Don’t eat up all the Kimchi!”

“Yah! Look who’s talking! As if I’m the only one who’s gluttonous here.” Yeo-wool retorted, as she finds herself guffaw. “And besides, we haven’t celebrated your success! Waah Daebak! I just went for my military training and the next thing I know is you’re a COO of a company! It’s late but Congratulations!”

“Oh. How sweet of you!” Sae-yeon replied bashfully. She then started grilling the meat served by the woman.  “Anyway, what about you? How’s work in the station so far?” Sae-yeon asked as she started eating her Ramyeon.

“I won’t report there for now. “ Yeo-wool said as she slurped her Ramyeon. She placed her bowl back on the table and started pouring Soju in Sae-yeon’s shot glass, her face became serious as she looked at Sae-yeon. “I had to report to your hotel starting tomorrow, because …”

“You’re also involved in it?” She asked in a hushed tone as she grabbed the shot glass and drank the Soju in one gulp.Yeo-wool nodded in agreement. “Mm.”  

“I see...” It’s a relief. She thought.  Sae-yeon poured more Soju into her shot glass. “You know, Yeo-wool-ah…” She drank another shot before continuing.  “I have never imagined you as my bodyguard. I did not see this coming.”

“Well, I did not see you becoming a COO as well… especially at such a young age.

Sae-yeon laughed. If only she knew. “Well I probably won’t become one if it weren’t for Kang-chi.”

Yeo-wool’s eyes widened. “He’s the one who scouted you?” He seemed too young to scout Sae-yeon.

“You can say that… What do you think about him?”

“I… don’t know.” Yeo-wool started, as she finds herself taking a shot. “There’s something about him that I cannot point at… He seems like a mystery…  He looks familiar –” She stopped herself for a moment as she finds herself blushing.  “Uhm, I mean… You do know him right? What is he like, anyway?”

Sae-yeon beamed. “Yes, I do know a thing or two about Kang-chi, but I think that’s not my story to tell. What he’s like… That is up to you to decide.  Anyway, I’m sure that you’ll know him better by tomorrow … Why don’t you tell me what you think, after knowing him?”

Yeo-wool gazed at the window. Choi Kang-chi.  Why does he seem like a mystery? Even Sae-yeon cannot disclose any details about him.  What is really with him? That. She needs to find out.

And with that it had started to rain.  

Yeo-wool opened the door, as they both exited from the restaurant. Sae-yeon asked as she opened her umbrella. “Did you bring your car with you, Yeo-wool-ah?”

“No. I decided to just walk on the way here.” She sighed, completely annoyed.  Why. Of all days, why did she choose not to bring her car today? Yeo-wool closed her eyes for a moment as she tried to calm down. “It’s alright, Sae-yeon-ah I think I can wait for the –  AAAACCKK!!!” She shrieked as she felt the water splash through her whole body due to the black car that passed by. “YAAHHH!!! You bastard! You better watch where you’re going!”

Sae-yeon snickered at Yeo-wool. Yeo-wool rolled her eyes as she said sarcastically. “Wow. Really. What kind of a friend are you?” With that Sae-yeon laughed, harder. “YAAH! CHA SAE-YEON!”

“Are. Are you alright?” Sae-yeon managed to stutter from her laugh

“You think I’m okay? After getting wet like this?” Yeo-wool flushed.

“Hey don’t worry.” Sae-yeon assured her.  “Of course, I won’t let you go home looking like that! Why don’t we go to my room first? I’ll lend you my clothes. Hold on let me get my car first. The next thing Yeo-wool knows, Sae-yeon had dashed away and after a while an Audi SUV had stopped in front of her. The window was opened as Sae-yeon called. “What are you waiting for? Get in, Yeo-wool-ah! “

Yeo-wool came out straight from the bathroom and dried herself with the towels Sae-yeon had provided her. She looked around. Sae-yeon’s room is huge. Her room has this luxurious touch from the Victorian styled furniture, yet it has this warm glow and cozy feel, that makes you want to stay.

Sae-yeon handed Yeo-wool a top and jeans, however her eyes had caught on to Yeo-wool’s shoulder.  “Yeo-wool-ah? What’s that in your shoulder? Is that a gunshot wound?”

Yeo-wool smiled as she continued to dry her hair with the towel. “No. It’s just a scar. I’ve had that mark since birth.”  

Sae-yeon’s eyes widened. If she had remembered correctly from Kang-chi’s story, that was the place where Yeo-wool was shot. She silently exhaled as she smiled at Yeo-wool.

She has lived for more than 500 years and has seen people reincarnated, but has never seen anyone who had scars from their past lives. Apparently, Yeo-wool has a mark from her own past. She thought. Is it really possible for Yeo-wool to remember everything? Is this heaven’s plan?

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Daydreamer1430292535

It's so quiet here!!! Weeee! It'smy sembreak!! Meaning more time to write! It's late for posting this I know... It took me a few days to write this. (I know, I'm so slow sorry). Though, I made it longer than before   I was actually planning to make it longer and add more details in the last part... but meh I better save something for the next chapter  Anyway I hope you'll like it! 

Chapter 6: Just the Beginning 

Teaser Chapter 1 Chapter 2 (Part 1) Chapter 2 (Part 2) Chapter 3 (Part 1) Chapter 3 (Part 2) Chapter 4 Chapter 5

Sae-yeon handed Yeo-wool a top and jeans, her eyes, however, had caught on to Yeo-wool’s shoulder.  “Yeo-wool-ah?” Sae-yeon pointed. “What’s that in your shoulder? Is that a gunshot wound?”

Yeo-wool turned around to get a glimpse of her right shoulder. “What? Oh. This?” She then, looked back and smiled at Sae-yeon. “Don’t worry, it’s just a scar!” Sae-yeon’s glare hardened. “Hey! I’ve had it since birth!” With that Sae-yeon’s stare softened as Yeo-wool continued to towel-dry her hair. “You’re not the only person that has told me it looks like that… It’s weird.” Briefly, she touched her scar, as she whispered. “What’s more odd is the fact that my scar gives me pain at a certain time. It aches usually when –. ”

“When?”

Yeo-wool shook her head. “Nevermind.”

Sae-yeon breathed heavily. If she had not mistaken and if she had remembered correctly from Kang-chi’s story, the location of her birthmark was the exact place where Yeo-wool has been shot 422 years ago. Unexpectedly, her birthmark looks exactly like a scar from a gunshot. 

She has lived for more than 500 years and has seen people live, die and be reincarnated, but she has never seen anyone who had marks from their past lives. Apparently, Yeo-wool has one from her own past.

She thought.  Yeo-wool’s scar aches especially when? When does it ache? What does that mean? Can she remember those memories from her past? Is that even possible? Is this fated to happen? Is this… heaven’s plan? Sae-yeon nodded and smiled back at her. She is sure that Yeo-wool is hiding something, but she won’t force her to spill the beans. She is certain that she will know it eventually. She is sure that her things will unravel itself as time passes – that is destined, and she is sure of that.

She could feel the wind rustling through her face as she continued to run – with him. She could sense him tremble and slow down, as she heard him huffed heavily. She clenched his wrist tighter, leading the path they took.

The strings from her hat loosened, as it flew away from her causing her hair to come undone. She looked back to see if they had lost them. Suddenly, she came face-to-face with an attacker, who seemingly was ready to lunge at her. Determined, she began to draw her sword, prepared to fight.

But all of a sudden, the man had turned her around, as she felt her body spin.  He drew her sword, enough for the attacker to be stabbed by its case.  Shocked at what he’s done, her gazed shifted from the swordsman to him – whose face was hazy. He gently touched her cheeks and all that she could make out from what he is saying is

“I… will protect you...” And with that, the man had slumped unconscious in her arms.

Overwhelmed with what had just happened, her gaze shifted from him to the blue lights that surrounded them as the peach blossom stood from a distance above it hung the crescent moon.

And for Yeo-wool, it was the last thing she saw before she was pulled back into reality.

Yeo-wool had jolted awake, realizing that she was in her bedroom.  Her face wet from tears, as an excruciating pain had shot from her scar. Overwhelmed, she felt herself sob, as her heart was heavy from a familiar sadness that she cannot fathom.

Yeo-wool grasped her chest and slowed down her breaths. She d stared at the moon from her window – it was what she had always done when she needed to calm down, especially after dreaming about, him.   For 3 years, the dream has haunted Yeo-wool but now it has appeared to her once more – more vivid and clearer.  

…                 

Kang-chi checked his watch. It’s only 9:00 am. He has to wait for 10 more hours before Yeo-wool and he, can have dinner. He sighed, for the first time in his life he had wanted for time to go faster.

Just then, he heard a knock from the door. “Come in.” The door was unlatched as Soo-ryun entered his office and Kang-chi stood up.

“Good morning, Mr. Choi.”  Soo-ryun greeted, letting out a soft smile.  

“Good morning, Ms. Cheon.” Kang-chi bowed. “Please, have a seat.”

“Thank you... I’m sure you’re a busy person, Mr. Kang-chi so I’ll cut off to the formalities and go straight to business. ”

It seemed like Soo-ryun did not change – who is still frank as ever. Kang-chi solemnly nodded. “I understand. Please go on.”

“I came here to discuss issues in security in regards to your hotel. As you know, what we’re handling is a dangerous matter – I’m certain that you’re aware that your life is on the line because of this. In order to ensure everyone’s safety we’re increasing your security in your hotel. They will be wearing the same uniform as your staff in order to avoid suspicion.” She eyed Kang-chi. “Also, to ensure your safety, Mr. Lee Soon Shin has requested me to send our best agents to the three of you. They will report to each of you, respectively and go with you through your activities within the day. ”

And for a moment, silence had filled the room.

“I’m sorry to have put you in an uncomfortable situation, but it is a must to do this in order to avoid the shedding of blood. I hope you do understand….”

Kang-chi sighed. Things will definitely be difficult now that somebody will have to tail and calculate his moves. “Alright. I do understand.” He eyed Soo-ryun. “Just make sure it won’t be Agent Gon. In case you do not know, I do have feelings of animosity with him.”

Soo-ryun smirked. “Agent Gon currently busy with the fieldwork, so you don’t have to worry about that.” She stood up as she checked her watch. “I’m running short in time right now as I have a lot of meetings to attend. Before I go, I’ll introduce you to your agent…” Soo-ryun looked at doorway as she called. “I think you should come in now.”

Suddenly the door flew open as a woman in black had entered the office, leaving Kang-chi flabbergasted and speechless, as he slowly stood up.

“This is Agent Dam Yeo-wool... Don’t underestimate her just because she’s a woman – Agent Dam is one of our best agents in the National Security.”  Soo-ryun looked at Yeo-wool as she casually said. “Introduce yourself.”

For a moment Yeo-wool stared at Kang-chi as he slowly stood up. She awkwardly bowed at Kang-chi, as loose strands of hair were cascading her face. “Annyeong Haseyo, my name is Yeo-wool. Dam Yeo-wool.”

With that Kang-chi just stood there – in complete awe as he gazed at Yeo-wool.

He knew that Yeo-wool is within her reach – but he had not expected for her to be this close to him, in such a short time.  It felt… surreal. It’s as if destiny is giving them a push to be together. He softly smiled. Is fate really his friend now?

Yeo-wool held her breath. A realization had surged her thoughts that had hit her just now. Kang-chi? A CEO of the 100 Year Suites? He doesn’t seem like the type of person who lives in this kind of luxury. And yet, here he is living in the largest room that she has ever been. It’s just absurd. She thought as she sighed in disbelief.

Feeling the warmth of the room’s ambiance, Yeo-wool began to observe her surroundings as she sat down on the sofa. The lighting seemed darker compared to the other rooms. It had candles lit in some areas. Diagonal from the sofa was a solitary vase with a purple wildflower on the small table. Unknowingly, she smiled. Yeo-wool’s gazed then shifted on the area with what seemingly filled with antiques. She then found herself staring at the sword, hung on the wall.

Slowly, Yeo-wool stood up, finding herself walking towards the sword. Her hands reached for the wall, as she finds herself inches away from it.  Suddenly she started having flashback from her dream last night

He gently touched her cheeks as she felt him slump unconscious in her arms. Her gaze shifted from him to the solitary peach blossom tree, the crescent moon glowing above the sky – the blue lights surrounding them.

“Protect you...Protect you… Protect you…” The soft words echoed through her head as it slowly goes louder and louder and for a moment it becomes overbearing.

“I think you should come in now.” Soo-ryun’s call began to ring her ears. Panting, Yeo-wool finds herself back to Kang-chi’s suite.

She breathed heavily. What the hell was that? She wondered, however Yeo-wool doesn’t have the time to think about it, as she remembered Soo-ryun calling for her.

She touched her hair which was tied on a low bun as she straightened herself up, before opening the door leading to Kang-chi’s office.

Kang-chi hid his face with a pile of files surrounding his table. Kang-chi looked diagonally and glimpsed on Yeo-wool who seem to seem to be dozing off. Kang-chi smirked. The moment had seemed so similar, but not the same. Slowly, he stood up, as he went closer to Yeo-wool.

For a moment Kang-chi had just watch her sleep, as she softly breathes in and out. “Yeo-wool-ah.” He whispered against his breath. His fingers were about to reach for Yeo-wool’s face, when suddenly a knock had echoed through the door causing Yeo-wool to jolt awake as Kang-chi  dashed back to the sofa.  

“President?” Butler Choi peeked through the door “May I come in?”

“Yes, come in.” He immediately sat in the sofa, pretending to be busy with paperwork.

Butler Choi entered the suite as he walked towards Kang-chi. He handed him a flash disk. “Sir, here’s the files you were asking for.”

“Oh? Thank you. By the way, how’s the preparation for tomorrow?”

Butler Choi smiled. “The preparation’s running smoothly, sir so there’s no need to worry. Also, we just received the delivery – ”

“Oh? It was delivered already? Can you please all send it here?” Kang-chi smiled brightly – his eyes were lighting up.

“Are you sure, sir? But – .”

“Yes.” Kang-chi nodded. “I want to make sure I get to pack them myself.”

“I understand, sir. We’ll have it all delivered in your room in a while.” Butler Choi then bowed at Kang-chi. “I’ll leave you, then.”  With that, he turned around and closed the door, leaving Kang-chi beaming.

“You seem so happy…” Yeo-wool observed – unsure whether she’ll have to address him formally. “… Mr. Kang-chi.” Well maybe, she should.

“Mhhm. Of course.” Kang-chi agreed, cleaning the mess of paperwork in the area, and then he stared at Yeo-wool intently, smiling. “Why wouldn’t I…” And continued the rest of his statement through his head… Why wouldn’t I… If I’m with you?

Yeo-wool could feel her cheeks go hot with Kang-chi’s stare. She stared back at his eyes. Those eyes which seem to make her heart beat faster, every time it stares at hers – those eyes which seems to make her fall… Yeo-wool shuddered with her thoughts. She should stop thinking those things. 

“So…” Yeo-wool casually started, trying to forget those thoughts. “There will be an event tomorrow, sir?”

“Yes. We will have a charity event tomorrow with children from a community. We actually held events like this twice a month.”

“Wow. Sir, that’s seems a lot. I know that your hotel is known to be dedicated to charity, but I never knew that you hold events like this – and this frequent!” Yeo-wool shook in awe.

“Well…” Kang-chi shrugged. “Anyway, I’ll be packing the gifts for the children, tomorrow. Can you help me, Yeo-wool-ah?”

“Mmm. Of course… sir” Yeo-wool nodded who seem to be smiling brightly.

Suddenly, Choi Ma-reum’s voice rang out from the door. “Sir? Here are the things that you were asking for.”

“Alright! Please come in!”

Butler Choi had entered the room, followed by people who were carrying boxes that contained toys. Slowly, boxes began to fill Kang-chi’s room.

“The gift wraps were kept in here, sir.” Butler Choi pointed at the box closest to the door. “If you don’t need anything else, I’ll leave you then.” With that, Choi Ma-reum exited, closing the door.

“I guess we should start now?” Yeo-wool asked, as she squatted and started rummaging through one of the boxes.

“And also…” Kang-chi sat beside her.  “Can you do me a favor?”

“Mmm?”  She turned around to face Kang-chi’s direction, blinking in surprise for he was closer than she had anticipated.

Kang-chi leaned closer to her, causing Yeo-wool to lean back. “Will you please stop addressing me formally? It creeps me out! And it really really annoys me!”

“Oh? Mianhe.” She muttered. “I – I really don’t know how I should act towards you, since – ”

“Just be you, Yeo-wool-ah. I always have liked it that way.” Yeo-wool just stared at him blinking in surprise, as Kang-chi waits for her to react, finally he quipped. “You know, I was kind of expecting for you to slap me by now.”

“Yah!” Yeo-wool barked. “Are you messing with me? Do you really want me to do it?”

“Now that’s more I like it.” Kang-chi laughed.

“Aish! Shut it!” She blurted out, finding herself giggle a little. “ Yah. We better start wrapping these. We don’t have all day long!”

It was already 6:30 and the sky began to darken.  And by that time, Kang-chi and Yeo-wool had finished wrapping the gifts.

“I guess that’s about it?” Kang-chi adding a box to the large stack of packaged gifts.

“Wah. There sure is a lot!” Yeo-wool beamed. “You sure are going to make a lot of kids happy tomorrow, Kang-chi-ah!”

“Oh? Really? ” Kang-chi scratched his head. “Well… It’s not very much.”

“Are you kidding me? You’re being modest.” Yeo-wool nudged at him. “I have never seen a CEO in my life that has exerted so much effort to charity work and had packed the gifts for them! You might not know, but you’re probably giving them a moment of happiness.” Yeo-wool smiled brightly at him. “And that’s really admirable of you, Kang-chi-ah.”

Kang-chi smiled back at her. It’s really a wonder that she knows the right words to say to touch him, even now.  They exited the room in silence, until Kang-chi decided to speak up.

“Thank you, Yeo-wool-ah.”

“Mmm.”

“Uh… I know it’s still early, but should we go right now?”

“Go? Where?”

“Have you forgotten? My first favor? Tonight, remember?”

“OH. That.” Yeo-wool replied, as she placed the loose strands of hair at the back of her ear. “Of course not! But… I have to use the restroom and change…”

“Sure.” Kang-chi nodded. “Go ahead. I’ll wait for you here.”

Yeo-wool powdered her face and added a hint of lip gloss in her lips. She put on her blue dress and wore her heels. She untied her bun which fell into soft curls. Yeo-wool sprayed perfume then she looked at the mirror.  Why is she dressing up for him anyway? She wondered to herself. Seeing her reflection, Yeo-wool smiled back to it.

One thing is for certain. She is glad to do this, for him.

Kang-chi walked back and forth. He checked on his watch. It’s 7:00 pm. What’s taking her so long?

Then suddenly, the door had creaked open. And there she was, standing.

Kang-chi took a few steps closer to her and observed Yeo-wool’s features. She’s wearing a blue dress and red sandals. Her soft curls had framed her face, which seem to have hints of blush and lip gloss.

Even in this lifetime, Yeo-wool had never failed to have him be smitten with her beauty.

Yeo-wool could feel her heart beat faster and faster – her cheeks had gone scarlet. Nobody, as far as she could remember had looked at her so intently as that. She became a little bashful as she looked away from him.  Does she like it? The way she stares at her? Maybe she does.

“Yeo… Yeo-wool-ah…”

“What?”

“No-nothing.”

Just then, Yeo-wool’s stomach had rumbled loudly. They stared at each other, shocked. And suddenly they both burst into a fit of giggles.

“What?” She pouted defensively, touching her stomach. “Don’t blame me! Those gift-wrapping had made me so hungry!”

“Alright! Alright! I understand.” Kang-chi laughed. “Before you die of hunger, let’s go have dinner. I know a place where they sell really good chicken!”

“Yah!” Yeo-wool elbowed him. “Stop mocking me! It’s not funny”

“I know, I know.  Let’s go already. I’m starving as well.”

With that both entered the elevator, as they went down to the ground level.

And in the darkness of Kang-chi’s living room, the blue lights had surrounded the solitary purple wildflower. 

• 2 weeks later...
Guest jjsweeter0211

At  APAN Star award tonightLee Yoo Bi won Best New Actress while Choi Jin Hyuk won Best New Actor for their roles in Gu Family Book. Congratulation!
f47eee33719a476baaa566437f38fc58.jpg

http://news.nate.com/view/20131116n16211a2d1fa5c5b48d3189166f75496ea4302.jpg

http://news.nate.com/view/20131116n15721

Archived