Angel-Eyes.png

4vUQGW3.jpg
Date of airing :
8th April 2013
Broadcasting station : MBC
Time of airing :
9:55 pm (MON/Tues ) (korean time)
Official site :  http://www.imbc.com/broad/tv/drama/gufamilybook/
Official eng site : http://content.mbc.co.kr/english/drama/13/2204116_49043.html
Writer :
강은경 Kang Eun Kyung
PD :
신우철 Shin Woo Cheol
Eps: 24 (70mins each)
Main Cast : Lee Seung Gi, Bae Suzy,
Yoon Yeon Seok
Supporting Cast : Jung Hye Young, Choi Jin Hyuk, Lee Yoo Bi, Park Seong Woong, Lee Sung Jae, Uhm Ho Sub, Park Ju Hyung, Jo Jae Yoon, Kim Hee Won, Lee Yeon Hee, Kim Bo Mi

Story : Cho Gwan Woong (Lee Sung Jae) who was born the lowest of class and was looked down upon by the people, managed to turn his desperate life around after getting first place in the military scholar exams. Blinded by his ambitions and greed for power, he caused the death of Minister Yoon and brought downfall to the Yoon family when he falsely accused them of treason. Yoon Seo Hwa (Lee Yeon Hee) who was sold as a gisaeng to Chun Hwa Gwan, escapes with the help of Chun Soo Ryun (Jung Hye Young) and her maid (Kim Bo Mi) when she learns that her enemy, Gwan Woong has his eyes on her. 
Seo Hwa & the guardian god of Jiri mountains, Gu Wal Ryung (Choi Jin Hyuk) met and fell in love when she ran to hide out in the mountains but Gwan Woong soon catches wind of her whereabouts and comes hunting for her once again. Feeling unable to raise her son while escaping along with the fact that Wal Ryung has disappeared as well, she sent him down the river in basket hoping that someone could take him in. Meanwhile, Wal Ryung who has lost all his memories began to serve under his enemies as their underling. The only thing that will make the normally amnesiac expressionless Wal Ryung goes in frenzy is whenever he gets to hear Seo Hwa's name.
Choi Kang Chi who grew up with the Park family after he was picked up from river by Park Moo Sol (Uhm HoSub), the father of Park Kyung Jo (Lee Yoo Bi) and Park Tae Soo (Yoon Yeon Seok). Although Park Tae Soo used to treat him like a brother when they were younger, he started to feel a strong hatred towards Kang Chi when he misunderstood that Kang Chi is the main cause of the downfall of his family while Park Kyung Jo who always looked on him began to make use of Kang Chi to pave her way back to the noble status that her family once held after she was sold as a gisaeng to Chun Hwa Gwan and fate leads Kang Chi to meet up with Chun Soo Ryun, the head Gisaeng twenty years later after she encountered his mother.
Dam Yeo Wool (Bae Suzy), the daughter of Kang Chi and Tae Soo's teacher is one of the instructors of the martial arts school and despite her young age, Yeo Wool is highly skilled in archery. Although the cross-dressing Yeo Wool is always clashing with Kang Chi because of their different personalities, they find themselves falling for each other as they got to know each other better. Kang Chi soon discovers that he is actually a half-man and half-beast when his special abilities began to show after he goes after some criminals and to become a full human, he needs to find the Gu family's book to find the way to become one. When Kang Chi sets off on journey to seek his humanity, he ended up confronting his greatest enemy of his life, his father who never aged nor knew about his existence. 

인물 관계도

===================

Must Read!! and follow!!
01.Soompi code of conduct
02.Do not post request for Subs. Do not request for Vids either. Just dled from what the other soompiers provide you.
Do not post requests for any bt seedings of any vids links as Soompi is not responsible for any of them
Do not request of translations of any kind, as translations are done by our fellow soompiers' free will.
Use the online google translator. http://translate.google.com if you want to read the basic translations of any news in korean.
Anyone who posts these kind of requests, spam or break any of soompi forum rules will be reported to the mods immediately without any warning given.
03.Do not steal any download links from AJA-AJA and paste them out to Soompi or another site.
Go directly to the aja-aja site if you want to dl anything.
Don't post any requests for subs!
Anything unrelated to the drama plot is considered spamming.

01.Due to the copyright/legal problems, no illegal streaming links will/should be posted on this thread as there had been major crackdowns going on lately.
02.The editing fuction of the forum has already been fixed so you can edit your posts instead of repeating postings thinking that you can't.
03.Any complaints about any streaming links will be counted as spam and will be reported to the mods.
04.Any complaints of the respective companies such as Viikii, youtube, Etc.. should be report to the respective companies instead of posting your complaints here.
05.Those who are caught breaking the soompi posting rules more than 5 times will have their Id/IDs reported the mods.
06.Those who are caught promoting/posting illegal streaming links with subs ( those without permission from the orginal subbers and doesn't have copyrights like Dramafever or Crunchyroll) will have their Id reported to the mods for endangering Soompi to legal issues for illegal streaming sites promotions.

====================

Links
Nate news link
Aja Aja's DL links (Raw + OST) for members only
Official drama twitter

Live drama recaps site
Official DC link
Ratings

• Replies 34.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

OH My  God !! New Lee Seung Gi drama ....... :-O

\:D/ \:D/  Please bring it soon ...

Thanks @yeohweping for starting this thread ^:)^

class="at_ttl ml10"Lee Seung Ki Will Make A Comeback With A Drama, Not A Variety Show Early Next Year A picture of Lee Seung Ki

Lee Seung Ki will team up with PD Shin Woo Chul of drama "A Gentleman's Dignity" and make his comeback with a drama early next year.

On the 18th, according to sources, Lee Seung Ki will act in drama 'Gu Ga Eui Seo' (working title) with PD Shin Woo Chul and writer Kang Eun Kyung, who wrote "Bakery King Kim Tak Gu" and "Honor of Jane".

PD Shin Woo Chul and writer Kang Eun Kyung came to an agreement that the drama will be based on a half-man and half-beast. They have completed the project proposal and will begin casting and writing the script.

It was also announced that Lee Seung Ki will host a new variety show program with the director of SBS "Challenge 1000 Songs", PD Seo Hye Jin, at the helm, but Lee Seung Ki plans to make a comeback with the drama. The drama looks to air on MBC early next year.

Source

class="entry-title" style="margin: 12px 0px; padding: 0px; border: 0px; outline: 0px; font-size: 1.8em; vertical-align: baseline; font-family: Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; line-height: 1.4em; letter-spacing: -1px; "Lee Seung Gi and miss A’s Suzy to act together in drama ‘Guga Medical Book’?

• this Story

• Tweet
  • Share on Tumblr

201210181901772772_507fd3bfa047e.jpg

Rumor are floating that Lee Seung Gi and miss A‘s Suzy will be the male and female leads in the drama, ‘Guga Medical Book‘ (working title).

On October 18th, entertainment representatives stated that Lee Seung Gi is confirmed for ‘Guga Medical Book’ and he will be working together with PD Shin Woo Chul, who directed ‘A Gentleman’s Dignity‘ along with writer Kang Eun Kyung who previously wrote ‘Baker King: Kim Tak Gu‘ and ‘Man of Honor‘.

Currently, the top selection for the female lead is miss A’s Suzy, who showed her acting abilities through ‘An Introduction to Architecture‘ and more recently on KBS‘s ‘Big‘. Representatives of miss A’s Suzy stated, “Suzy received an offer of the leading female role for ‘Guga Medical Book’. She is positively reviewing the offer.

In ‘Guga Medical Book’, Lee Seung Gi will take on the role of a mythical figure (9 tailed fox or gumiho). This will be the first historical drama for both Lee Seung Gi and miss A’s Suzy.

The drama is in its early planning stages and the current schedule is for it to air in early 2013.Source

Miky88 said: This couple sounds sooooooo good,i really missed Seung Gi..So let's se..in the past he was the human and a gumiho was after him and now in 2013 his a gumiho after a girl,imagine the fun of it >:)

Huaaa I'm sooo excited. Seung Gi has hinted in his latest interviews that he wants to do a beastly role for his next drama. Half-human & half-beast? I have faith that he picks a great project, as he has always been. And he always has great chemistry with all his leading ladies, so whoever his leading lady will be, I'm in. If it's Suzy, then great. Her character in BIG was so annoying but I love her in Introduction to Architecture. So if the writer can give her a good script, she'll be okay. 
Some info about this drama written / translated by lsgfan:
"OMFG!  I’m going to try my bestest not to say much until more details are finalized and official.  BUT, one thing’s for sure…  Actor Lee Seunggi is officially confirmed to make his drama comeback early next year!  I hate that he doesn’t do multiple dramas in a given year, but I like that he carefully considers his projects.  Nervously excited…
The drama is said to be a sageuk, but not traditional style genre.  I’m a little weirded out by the the description tagline posted on Naver… really?!  a male gumiho?!  Hm, how do I feel about that?  Maybe my Korean-English translation is off???  But his character is reportedly half human, half non-human, and will be new and refreshing.  And did I read somewhere, supposedly, also a doctor?!  *swoons*  I think the working title may be a play on words of some sort.Some fansites suggest that the central relationship in the drama is more Seunggi’s character and the father, rather than his relationship with a female love interest.  So, the actor playing the father would be important.  Seunggi has a proven record of chemistry with female actresses so I’m not too worried about the final choice.  But it is a pretty topnotch list~~~ Ha Jiwon, Shin Minah, Han Hyojoo, Moon Chaewon!
More importantly, the PD (Shin Woo Chul) and Writer (Kang Eun Kyung) have a proven track record.  Their portfolio of drama projects is pretty impressive. Check it out…
Hm, did Seunggi already sign on to this drama (in his usual stealth way!) when A Gentleman’s Dignity was filming and they used ‘Will you marry me?’ in the key proposal scene in the last episode?!
And there were some serious rumors that Seunggi was going to do ‘Man of Honor’ (but I’m so glad he didn’t!)  There were rumors that Kang Eun Kyung was writing a new sageuk drama and early rumors that Seunggi was planning to take part.  And well, turns out to have been true!
As for all the press speculation about Suzy (from Miss A) joining the project…Miss A is super talented and Suzy has a really natural pretty look.  I know less about her acting, but she seemed to do feisty female well in the one clip I watched of Big. Seunggi has great chemistry with all his partners (girls and guys!) so no worries.
I’ll take Seunggi’s cue and wait for things to be finalized!  I’m SOOOOO excited!"
cr: lsgfan

Guest alysanne

After everything's been said, right now, all I can think of is: I'm excited to find out what Seung Gi is going to look like with a Sageuk Mane of Glory.  ;))

Guest alysanne

@yeohweping: Oh, can we change the name of this thread to "Ancient Medical Book"?  Because that's the English translation that keeps appearing in the news articles, and that's probably the title that people will know this drama for.  If somebody didn't post the link to this thread in the LSG threads, I wouldn't know this was the one for the drama.  :)

Woohoo, Seunggi is back on drama!
I'm still doubtful about the plot/scriptwriter as I didn't like her last 2 dramas, too makjang for my taste. But if this is what Seunggi decides on, I'm going to have faith in him. There's yet a project he chose that disappoint me, so hope this one turns out good as well!
By the way, I read that his management said, his character is not a gumiho but a half-man half beast. I like the sound of the latter more heh ^^ Especially since his previous drama is already about gumiho, would have liked this one to be unrelated to it.
Hope to hear more news about this! 

Guest yeohweping

The final name for this drama thread will be

The legend of the half-blood

舊家之庶

구가의 서

Unless MBC decides to change it's official name as this is the closest description I can find to the storyline.

http://dic.daum.net/word/view.do?wordid=kew000008309&q=%EA%B5%AC%EA%B0%80

구가 [舊家] 단어장 저장

검색결과

[옛날에 살던 집] a house of former day; one's old home.

[오래 대를 이어온 집안] an old[ancient] family.

고장의 구가 an old family of the place.발음 듣기 유서 깊은 구가 an ancient and respectable family/an old illustrious family.발음 듣기 구가의 출신이다 come[be] of an old[ancient] family.발음 듣기

단어장 저장

검색결과

[소유] ‥'s; of; belonging to.

아버지의 집 my father's house.발음 듣기

서- [] 단어장 저장

검색결과

the half blood.

서동생 a younger half brother/a younger brother of the half blood.발음 듣기

Archived