[Drama 2013] The Gu Family Book 구가의 서

Guest yeohweping

Finally Choi Kang Chi! I can't believe that this is the same guy who acted as King Lee Jae Ha in TK2H. Lee Seung Gi looked really mature in TK2H, but in that above stills, especially the last picture, he looks like a playful kid. :D 

• Replies 34.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Finally a picture Lee Seung Gi as Choi Kang Chi.  Pretty good transformation from playing the king in the K2H.  All I need to see now is Suzy in her costume.  I wonder when we'll start seeing teasers and posters for the series considering it's premiering in less than a month!

Guest meisk

Wow..that was fast.I was expecting it to be released on midweek.Not that i'm complaining...lol He looks so playful and mischievous. I love the hair and outfit. Really suits him. I hope they'll release more stills this week.

Guest jjsweeter0211

Lee Seung Gi Shows Off his New Sageuk-Hairdo

2013-03-18 11:26  l   CJ E&M enewsWorld Grace Danbi Hong

With cameras finally rolling, Lee Seung Gi revealed his new hairstyle for the sageuk fusion drama. 

On March 18, the first stills of MBC’s The Writings of Nine Houses were releaed, showing Lee Seung Gi in his first sageuk role. With his hair tied up in a high ponytail, Lee Seung Gi showed a different side to him than previously shown in other dramas. 

49222697.jpg

The first shoot for the drama took place on March 14 in Ha-dong in a bright atmosphere for the fresh start. After each cut, Lee Seung Gi checked the monitor and discussed the scenes with director, Shin Woo Chul. 

“It’s an honor to work with writer Kang Eun Kyung and director Shin Woo Chul. Just like the actors working with me, the drama has a lot of energy, so I’m expecting a lot,” said Lee Seung Gi, after the first shooting. “It’s my first time with a sageuk, so I especially prepared a lot. I’m currently practicing hard to get used to the sageuk way of speaking. I want to make this a fun project that fulfills expectations.”

59946678.jpg

Writer Kang Eun Kyung previously wrote Baker King, Kim Tak Gu and Glory of Jane, while director Shin Woo Chul worked on Secret Garden and A Gentleman’s Dignity

The drama will air in April. 

Photo Credit: Samhwa Networks

Guest NEWMARIO

The Writings Of Nine Houses Preview: Lee Seung Ki In His Fantasy Splendor Revealed

Posted on March 18, 2013 in drama by Eunsuh00

The Writings Of Nine Houses Preview: Lee Seung Ki In His Fantasy Splendor Revealed

The singer-actor prince Lee Seung-ki’s return in the historical-fantasy ‘The Writings of Nine Houses’ has been revealed.

Lee Seung-ki will play the role of the reckless and honest half-men half-beast Choi Kang-chi in the upcoming drama, the follow-up to the MBC ‘Horse Doctor’.

Lee Seung-ki, in his current role as Choi Kang-chi, looks as if he had just jumped out of the fantasy comics, with his bright, radiant smile shining out of his ponytailed new self.

The first filming of the drama took place on 14th, in Hadong, South Gyeongsang. Lee Seung-ki, after a long session of make-up, appeared with deep bows to every staff members, and went straight to discussing the current scene with the PD Shin Woo-chul. The lead actor’s eagerness in the filming has reportedly inspired the other members of the staff to do try even harder in their own efforts as well.

The drama ‘The Writings of Nine Houses’ is a fantasy-historical drama of Choi Kang-chi, who was born half-man half-beast, and his quest to attain humanity. The drama will air as the follow-up drama of the MBC ‘Horse Doctor’.

cr: koreandrama

He looks good in here. :D Interesting. Maybe I'll try to watch this, a respite after mind numbing 7G (Joo Won, I love you, but I also like Lee Seunggi) . Nice hair, nice dress, first time to see Seunggi in saguek role. And the writer is from Baker King, this one should be good, right? But its from MBC (aaawww), I hope they will make this one good (I am having allergic reaction with MBC :()  But I will definitely keep an eye on this drama. :D

Guest jjsweeter0211

Lee Seung-gi's hair tied up

Source | 2013/03/17 |

photo292358.jpg

Lee Seung-gi was seen on the set of "Medical Novel".

Lee Seung-gi stars as Choi Kang-chi, outgoing and reckless, in the MBC drama "Medical Novel".

In some pictures of Lee revealed on the 18th, he seems cheerful and romantic at the same time. The Hanbok he's wearing and the ponytail synchronizes with the character of Choi Kang-chi.

After the first scene, Lee Seung-gi said, "I am honored to work with writer Kang Eun-kyeong and producerSin Woo-cheol. I am excited about working with the co-cast and I'm preparing a lot for this drama since I've never done a historical before".

Meanwhile, "Medical Novel" is about a half man and half beast struggling to become human.

Source : www.asiatoday.co.kr/n... ( English )

Guest alysanne

coolreborn said: He looks good in here. :D Interesting. Maybe I'll try to watch this, a respite after mind numbing 7G (Joo Won, I love you, but I also like Lee Seunggi) . Nice hair, nice dress, first time to see Seunggi in saguek role. And the writer is from Baker King, this one should be good, right? But its from MBC (aaawww), I hope they will make this one good (I am having allergic reaction with MBC :()  But I will definitely keep an eye on this drama. :D

I'm not a great or die hard fan of either Lee Seung Gi or Bae Suzy, but I think this drama is about to change that.
Having the fetish for historical dramas, and the devoted love for hanbok costumes, this new series has naturally got me interested.
Looking at the first stills released, I must say that it piqued my curiosity.
I have a feeling this is going to be a good drama, and a lot of hanbok and beautiful locations to look forward, too! I just can't wait.
Drama, please don't disappoint me.
Ok? So.... see you in April, then!
  :D :-h ;)

Guest jjsweeter0211

class="blog_h2 entry-title" style="margin-top: 0px; margin-right: 0px; margin-bottom: 0px; margin-left: 0px; padding-top: 0px; padding-right: 0px; padding-bottom: 10px; padding-left: 0px; border-top-width: 0px; border-right-width: 0px; border-bottom-width: initial; border-left-width: 0px; border-style: initial; border-color: initial; outline-width: 0px; outline-style: initial; outline-color: initial; vertical-align: baseline; background-image: initial; background-attachment: initial; background-origin: initial; background-clip: initial; background-color: white; font-weight: bold; line-height: normal; font-family: 'Trebuchet MS', Arial, sans-serif; border-bottom-style: none; border-bottom-color: initial; letter-spacing: -1px; "Lee Seung Gi is transformed into a half-man-half-beast in a new drama series

March 18, 2013 6:00 pm Korea.com

ec9db4ec8ab9eab8b0.png

On 18th of March, MBC released some photos of Lee Seung Gi, who had begun to shoot a new drama series titled Gu Family’s Book, which is scheduled to on start airing in April. The first shooting of the series took place on March 14 in Hadong, South Gyeongsang Province. With his hair tied up in a dark reddish-brown traditional costume, he played Choi Gang Chi, a half-man-half-beast, in his first historical drama.

He exchanged some in-depth opinions with the producer about the drama. After shooting the first day, Lee said, “I feel honored to work with the screen writer Kang Eun Kyung, the producer Shin Woo Cheol. and I feel happy and raise my hopes as I perform with other actors I like. Because this is my first historical drama, I’m spending a lot of time preparing for it, especially getting accustomed to a way of speaking that is suitable for a historical drama.

Park Tae young, the chief producer, said, “Lee Seung Gi will show a new aspect of himself as an actor which has never been seen before.”

The new series will begin airing on April 1 in the time slot of  Horse Doctor.

Archived