[Drama 2013] The Gu Family Book 구가의 서

Guest yeohweping

Really wait for this drama:the older couple story looks good checkthe leading guy looks good and has awesome hair checkHe is a gumiho on a path oh humanity and love checkThe main girl is badass checkSo bring it ON!!!!!!!!!

• Replies 34.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest MGYlove

Annyeong chingu deul
class="content-title" style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px; border: 0px; font-family: 'Open Sans', 'Helvetica Neue', Arial, sans-serif; font-size: 26px; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: 400; line-height: 1.4em; vertical-align: baseline; color: rgb(63, 63, 64); text-shadow: rgb(255, 255, 255) 1px 1px 0px; visibility: visible; letter-spacing: normal; orphans: auto; text-align: start; text-indent: 0px; text-transform: none; white-space: normal; widows: auto; word-spacing: 0px; -webkit-text-size-adjust: auto; -webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255);"Lee Seung Gi’s Stills from Upcoming MBC Drama “Book of the House of Gu” Revealedleeseunggi_main-e1363623207603.jpg

On March 18, MBC revealed several still photos from Lee Seung Gi‘s upcoming drama “Book of the House of Gu.”

This is Lee Seung Gi’s first trial at historical fictional drama. He will play the role of Choi Gang Chi, a half-man, half-beast with aggressive and daring personality. The revealed photos show Lee Seung Gi is wearing a dark brown hanbok and flaunting his new long hairdo, which he put up in a small pony tail. His innocent and almost childish-looking, sparkling eyes and warm smile bring out the inner Choi Gang Chi in him. 

During his first filming session on March 14, Lee Seung Gi took a long time to perfect his transformation to a half-beast and half-man and discussed about the drama and its cinematography with producer Shin Woo Cheol for quite a while. He was very eager and involved as he monitored his own acting with the producer after each and every shoot and could not let go of the script from his hands throughout the filming session 

Lee Seung Gi commented after the first filming session, “It is such an honor to work with writer Kang Eung Kyung and producer Shin Woo Cheol. I’m getting good vibes from people I’m acting with, too. I am very excited for this drama. Since this is my first time doing sageuk, I’m paying special attention to details. Right now, I’m practicing my dictation. I want to perfect the drama to meet my fans and viewers’ expectations.” 

Meanwhile, “Book of the House of Gu” is of historical fiction and action genre, portraying the story of Choi Gang Chi, who was born a half-man and half-beast but wants to be a complete human.

leeseunggi.jpg CR/Soompi.com

I wanted to see Lee Seung Gi ever since I saw him in a historical costume in MGIAG and now he is a half-gumiho himself...kekeke...
Can't wait to see the drama and the stills look really good....fighting Seung Gi-aah!...<3 I'm ready for my next LSG hype... :D

Guest jjsweeter0211

Looking so good :x Can't wait!!~

‘Book of the House of Gu’ releases trailer featuring Suzy and Lee Seung Gi
tumblr_mjv11ivmFd1ridtg5o1_r1_500.jpg

Book of the House of Gu‘ has released its trailer featuring stars Lee Seung Gi and Suzy!

The drama is the co-production of PD Shin Woo Chul of ‘Secret Garden‘ and ‘Gentlemen’s Class‘ along with writer Kang Eun Kyung of ‘Baker King Kim Tak Gu‘.

Lee Seung Gi, miss A‘s Suzy, Lee Sung Jae, Lee Yeon Hee, Choi Jin Hyuk, Jung Hye Young, Uhm Hyo Sub, Yoo Yun Suk, Lee Yoo Bi, and Kim Hye Won will be starring in this highly anticipated drama.

The fantasy-historical drama takes place during the Joseon Dynasty and portrays the love and hate relationship of male Gumiho or nine-tailed fox Choi Kang Chi (Lee Seung Gi) and martial arts instructor Dam Yuh Wool (Suzy).

The drama will air through MBC beginning on April 8.

http://www.allkpop.com/2013/03/book-of-the-house-of-gu-releases-trailer-featuring-suzy-and-lee-seung-gi

Guest NEWMARIO

class="pl_video_pagetitle" style="font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; line-height: normal; margin-top: 0px; margin-right: 0px; margin-bottom: 0px; margin-left: 0px; padding-top: 0px; padding-right: 0px; padding-bottom: 0px; padding-left: 0px; white-space: nowrap; max-width: 620px; overflow-x: hidden; overflow-y: hidden; position: relative; color: rgb(32, 32, 32); font-family: Arial, Helvetica, Clean, sans-serif; text-align: left; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255); "[20130318] [The Gu (Nine) family's Book] Teaser#1

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xyam2q_20130318-the-gu-nine-family-s-book-teaser-1_shortfilms

[1080p][20130318] [The Gu (Nine) family's Book] Teaser#1

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xyaxcz_1080p-20130318-the-gu-nine-family-s-book-teaser-1_shortfilms

Guest deepslumber89

OMG, the two look beautiful together!!! O_O I've been waiting for an image of the two together, now it's confirmed, this is a good pair :) :) :)

anyone who wants to dowload the first teaser:

zippyshare

Guest alysanne

I think I've gushed enough about how SG looks on Twitter and I think I have calmed down enough to be able to comment more coherently.  :x
Let me just say...From the start, I've said that I'm neutral about Suzy being cast for the drama.  I don't hate on her but I also don't fangirl over her.  I've seen her on Dream High and Architecture 101, and I was okay with her acting, although I do admit she really needs more training and experience.  Personally, I'd rather have her on the cast than some other actresses to whom I have more...negative reactions to when I see them.
Now that we at least have more of an idea about the tone of the drama and a little glimpse at how the characters are intended to be portrayed, I'd say I think she fits the role and that she looks good with SG.  I will not go so far as to forecast that she will knock everyone's socks off or anything, because it will still depend on how the PD will direct her and how she will respond.  But I think she's a good fit because she's had some real-life martial arts training, and it really shows here.  And her roles have always been rather...somber, not so cheerful types of characters (although I dunno what her character was like on Big because I passed on that.)  But Hye Mi was certainly somber in Dream High, and so was her Architecture character.  Dam Yeo Wool seems to have that same aura...the only difference is that she can kick someone's rear end, and if that's her character's peg, it could work, I think.
As for SG...I am a fan and I don't care what kind of material he does; I'll still watch it.   But I did initially have some misgivings about him in a sageuk because his entire look and personality are just too...modern, I guess...especially compared to the usual actors we see in sageuks who have this certain gravitas to pull off a Joseon-era character.  With the character descriptions that came out before, I thought he would be some super tortured, "I just want to be human!", going all emo on us.  So it's a surprise and a good one that they've decided that his character should come off as a bit more playful.  It goes well with his character's background as a half-human, is a good foil for Yeo Wool's character, and it should also open more doors for Kang Chi's character development.  I just hope the writer and PD don't decide to make the character too playful/trickster-ish that he might end up feeling like a copy of The Monkey King, or something.
I'm really excited now!  Just a few more days to go!  \m/  

Guest deepslumber89

I can't stop gushing about this pairing.... they look awesome together! :)

GFBTeaser001.png

can't wait for a second teaser, or a full trailer!!! :)

Guest Queen_Of_Baekje

I'm liking what I'm seeing! Good trailer!
LSG matches well with that costume..oh my..
lol they really plan on making Dam Yeo Wool a tomboy. She looks great in a man's clothes
:))
I can't wait. Both are badasses!
Drama be good to me.

Guest Queen_Of_Baekje

March 19, 2013
According to a press release, Park Joo Hyung will play Han No, the head of the warriors who protect Hundred Years Hotel, the largest commercial hotel in the Jeolla-do region. He’s expected to show trustworthy charisma in taking the responsibility for the guests’ safety and security.
via:tryp.wordpress.com

I was surprised there was a teaser out! Nice to see finally how Suzy's character looks like. I wonder how the posters will look like. I must admit I wasn't that interested in th adult parts of the story but the teaser made me curious.

Guest deepslumber89

I actually can't wait if DB is going to post something about the teaser :D I cross my fingers that they would recap this :D

by the way...

vaiduakhu said:

iMQjGdfQzPFQY.jpg

Guest Queen_Of_Baekje

Park Joo-hyeong from “Jeon Woo-chi” cast for “Gu Family Book”

sD64bV12.jpg

JYP Entertainment actor Park Joo-hyeong has been cast for the upcoming MBC drama “Gu Family Book“.

Gu Family Book” is fantasy drama about the struggle of a half man half beast to become human starring Lee Seung-gi, Suzy, Lee Seong-jae, Lee Yeon-hee and more. Park takes on the role of Han-noh, a warrior.

Previously, Park took on the role of Kimura Kenji in the KBS 2TV drama “Bridal Mask” and starred as Oh Gyu in the drama, “Jeon Woochi – Drama“.

Meanwhile, “Gu Family Book” starts in April.

Archived