[Drama 2013] The Gu Family Book 구가의 서

Guest yeohweping

Guest meisk

star+roll

said:

i don't know if it was ever said how long it would be.  I was thinking 2 episodes, but who knows.  
There were rumors people saw them but someone told a fan we wouldn't see Seunggi until it got warmer and a production staff tweeted about not everything going as planned during filming implying delays I guess.   That was last week though.   By now I hope they are filming.  We need stills soon. 

• Replies 34.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest jjsweeter0211

Sung Jun Joins ′The Writings of Nine Houses′ as miss A Suzy′s Bodyguard

2013-03-13 17:37  l   CJ E&M enewsWorld Ko Hong Ju
Translation Credit :
 Erika Kim  

Miss A′s Suzy will be getting a flower boy bodyguard.

Sung Jun has been cast as a bodyguard for the upcoming MBC drama The Writings of Nine Houses.

The actor will appear in the drama as a boy named Gon. Gon is the bodyguard of Dam Yeo Wool (Suzy), and a supporter of Choi Kang Chi (Lee Seung Gi).

48223040.jpg

Despite his friendship with Kang Chi, Gon will bicker with him over Yeo Wool, as Gon has a secret crush on her.

A rep from Sung Jun′s agency Choii Entertainment said on March 13, "We believe The Writings of Nine Houses will be a great chance to show [sung Jun′s] new transformation. You can look forward to seeing him sweat to become immersed in his role."

Sung Jun is also filming for the movie Scary Story 2.

Photo credit: Choii Entertainment, Hea Jung Min

anxiously waiting for this drama... LSG and Suzy fan but with the addition of Sung Joon this just gets waaaaaay more exciting! (well, i know he's just the bodyguard but i love him in SUFBB.)

Guest sara1117

wow he is such a catch! :)>-  so the love square for this drama is finalized. Choi Kang Chi has his first love and Dam Yeo Wool has her secret admirer! excited to see how things will develop between Sung Joon and Kang Chi when the later start falling in love with Yeo Wool!

glad Sung Jun is fine, hope all the cast and crew continue without incidents

Guest jjsweeter0211

DRAMA CASTING & NEWS
Sung Joon joins Gu Family Book

by javabeans | March 13, 2013 |

sungjoon_7.jpg

Sung Joon, now in Gu Family Book?! Finally, I’m feeling the excitement.

Of course, it’s not like I wasn’t interested in this drama already, or that its cast wasn’t solid — it’s got Lee Seung-gi, Suzy, Lee Yeon-hee, Choi Jin-hyuk, Jung Hye-young, and Lee Yubi, among others. But I don’t have a handle on the show itself yet, even with all the castings and plot descriptions — I still don’t know what kind of drama it is, what the tone will be, and whether it’s more likely to make me laugh or cry. Sort of important things to know.

So Sung Joon joins the cast and takes on the role of… Suzy’s bodyguard? That’s it? This had better be the world’s most important bodyguard ever, ‘s all I’m sayin’, Kevin Costner included. I don’t just say this because I’m a big fan of Sung Joon, but because he’s been carving his path as leading man material with his recent projects; he was the heart ofShut Up: Flower Boy Band and the romantic lead of Can We Get Married, so it seems odd for him to then step back and play a bodyguard. An assistant. A mere helper. His role had better be HUGE. (That’s what she said.)

Suzy’s character is plenty well-versed in the martial arts herself and an expert archer, while her father is a former soldier and now serves as martial arts master, so I wonder at her needing a bodyguard in the first place. He also happens to be nursing a one-sided love for her — sadness! I’m a sucker for this kind of drama relationship with the quiet protector loving the heroine from right by her side, all silent and unseen. Sung Joon also serves as our half-gumiho hero’s (Lee Seung-gi) steadfast assistant and has a bickering relationship with him (cute)… though I suppose things might get a little complicated once Seung-gi and Suzy fall for each other.

Otani Ryohei (The Chaser, Soulmate) is another late addition to the cast, playing a character merely described as “top ninja.” Hottest ninja ever.

Gu Family Book premieres on April 1.

ryohei_11.jpg

Via TV Daily

Guest jjsweeter0211

class="content-title" style="margin-top: 0px; margin-right: 0px; margin-bottom: 0px; margin-left: 0px; padding-top: 0px; padding-right: 0px; padding-bottom: 0px; padding-left: 0px; border-top-width: 0px; border-right-width: 0px; border-bottom-width: 0px; border-left-width: 0px; border-style: initial; border-color: initial; font: inherit; vertical-align: baseline; font-family: 'Open Sans', 'Helvetica Neue', Arial, sans-serif; line-height: 1.4em; text-shadow: rgb(255, 255, 255) 1px 1px 0px; border-style: initial; border-color: initial; visibility: visible; "“Gu Family Book” Co-Stars Suzy and Lee Yoo Bi Get Chummy
jnkm March 14, 2013
“Gu Family Book” Co-Stars Suzy and Lee Yoo Bi Get Chummy

miss A‘s Suzy and actress Lee Yoo Bi‘s closeness is becoming a hot topic.

Recently, a post was made on an online community forum with the title, “Suzy andGyun Miri‘s Daughter Were This Close?” This post contained photos of Suzy and Lee Yoo Bi, who is the daughter of the long-time actress, Gyun Miri. Lee Yoo Bi recently rose to popularity through the hit drama, “Nice Guy.”

The photos were from the script reading room of the upcoming MBC drama, “Gu Family Book.” Although the two actresses play roles that compete for Lee Seung Ki‘s affections in the drama, Suzy and Lee Yoo Bi seemed quite close off-screen.

In the revealed photos, Lee Yoo Bi spreads her arms for a hug toward Suzy. Suzy has a big smile on her face as she accepts the hug. When netizens saw these photos of them hugging, they showed interest in this unexpected close friendship.

Meanwhile, “Gu Family Book” is about a half-human, half-mythical creature Choi Kang Chi (played by Lee Seung Ki), struggling to live like a human. Lee Yoo Bi plays the role of Park Chung Jo, who competes against Suzy’s role of Dam Yeo Wool, for Lee Seung Ki’s affections.

suzy-lee-yoo-bi.jpg

http://www.soompi.com/2013/03/14/gu-family-book-co-stars-suzy-and-lee-yoo-bi-get-chummy/

Guest deepslumber89

according to LSG fans, LSG has officially started filming :D honestly can't wait to see the main cast together in one official still!!! :)

Yes. We are supposed to get pictures of him next week... Some fans have seen him, but they can't take pictures.   He has a ponytail, wearing dark red and lost a lot of weight (sadly).   I can't wait for cast pictures too.  

Guest sara1117

Yes it seems like he lost a lot of weight according to one of the fan accounts his face is V line, cheeks are gone... Can't wait for the official pictures too

Guest ziimblu

Some updates say we can get to see Kang Chi pictures mid next week. Exciting! I wish the hairstyle will suit our SeungGi well.

Archived