[Drama 2013] The Gu Family Book 구가의 서

Guest yeohweping

• Replies 34.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest NEWMARIO

class="pl_video_pagetitle" style="margin-top: 0px; margin-right: 0px; margin-bottom: 0px; margin-left: 0px; padding-top: 0px; padding-right: 0px; padding-bottom: 0px; padding-left: 0px; white-space: nowrap; max-width: 620px; overflow-x: hidden; overflow-y: hidden; position: relative; color: rgb(32, 32, 32); font-family: Arial, Helvetica, Clean, sans-serif; text-align: left; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255); "[Eng] 130319 Lee Seung Gi - Gu Family Book' Posters Created by Fans

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xyc418_eng-130319-lee-seung-gi-gu-family-book-posters-created-by-fans_news

CR: TO UPLOADER

Guest sara1117

honestly, I didn't want the parents stroy to be dragged too much! but as soon as I saw the still of Lee Yeon Hee, I though ah this drama seems to have a pretty solid base! I know it's too early to judge. but every detail of this drama makes me more excited not only because I'm Seung gi fan

@DDuk me too after watching a couple of recent melodramas (NG, IMY) i feel the need to strong therapy kekeke GFB will be the cure :x

Gu Family Book: Can I kick it?

Soompi threat: Yes you Can
51y7q1.jpg

Guest MGYlove

"Gu Family Book" the half man half beast

photo292954.jpg

"Gu Family Book" revealed a teaser.

Right after an episode of "Yawang" on the 18th, a teaser of "Gu Family Book" was shown on TV. Lee Seung-gi appeared as the half man half beast, Lee Yeon-hee in a Hanbok and Suzy as a warrior.

The teaser also said the words, "The half man half beast, opens his eyes" and raised expectations for the drama.

Meanwhile, Choi Kang-chi (Lee Seung-gi) is the half man half beast struggling to become human in "Gu Family Book".

source!http://www.hancinema.net/video-gu-family-book-the-half-man-half-beast-54035.html?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

Guest jjsweeter0211

DRAMA CASTING & NEWS

The action begins on Gu Family Book

by girlfriday | March 20, 2013 | 

Guga1.jpg

Wonder twins, activate! Yay, here’s our first glimpse of action on the new fantasy fusion sageuk Gu Family Book, starring Lee Seung-gi as a half-gumiho, half-puppy, and Suzyas the bow-and-arrow-wielding heroine that he’ll fall in love with. Right now they look more like partners in crime, which hey, would be a nice change of pace. I don’t expect the drama not to have any damsels in distress, but it already gets points for making our heroine a fighter. I’m so excited for something actiony right now — the more high-flying fun the better. Please be badass. Please be badass.

Seung-gi seems to be having a lot of fun knockin’ some heads together and showing off his gumiho strength. I hope they really go to town with the supernatural element and give him some powers too. It’s no fun when they skimp on the super for a superhero. The rest of the stills are from the teaser, with only tiny glimpses of our two leads. It’s mostly just an intro to our half-gumiho hero Choi Kang-chi — from human mother Lee Yeon-hee and gumiho father Choi Jin-hyuk.

The title Gu Family Book is a reference to a gumiho legend (in this storyverse) about a centuries-old book that’s rumored to contain the secret to becoming human. No one’s seen the book, and there’s no telling whether it exists or is just a gumiho bedtime story passed down through the generations. Kang-chi wants more than anything to become human, and so the story will be his journey to chase down this legend.

Suzy plays Dam Yeo-wool, daughter of a martial arts teacher (played by Jo Sung-ha), who learned to fight and is particularly skilled with a bow and arrow. Yoo Yeon-seok(pictured below) will be Kang-chi’s rival — he’s the son of the man who takes Kang-chi in as an orphan (which also makes him Lee Yubi’s oppa), and he’ll be the cold cynical scholar who challenges Kang-chi for the heroine’s affections.

So far it seems like the world will have a strong mythology and lots of action, so I’ve got my fingers crossed that it delivers. Gu Family Book premieres April 8 on MBC.

Guga9.jpg

Guga2.jpg

Guga3.jpg

Guga10.jpg

Guga12.jpg

Guga14.jpg

Guga8.jpg

Guga17.jpg

Guga5.jpg

Guga6.jpg

Guga11.jpg

Guga7.jpg

Guga13.jpg

Guga15.jpg

Guga4.jpg

Via Sports Seoul

Guest jjsweeter0211

Lee Seung-gi's first action drama, "Gu Family Book"

Source | 2013/03/20 |

photo292949.jpg

Lee Seung-ki made up as Choi Kang-chi and displayed some action.

Lee was smiling brightly as he started his first action scene for the upcoming MBC drama "Gu Family Book".

He had a long talk with the action director and played out his routine before actually going into shoot first.

When the sign was given, Lee displayed punches, kicks and other quick moves. In the continuous 8 hours or so he showed no signs of being tired.

After the first scene, Lee said, "I prepared from step one, carefully. I don't remember how I did the scene as I was so focused and tried hard. The infamous director taught me well".

The half man – half beast character of Choi Kang-chi requires Lee to learn action from an action school and even learn how to ride a horse.

"Gu Family Book" is a martial arts fiction drama about a half man – half beast struggling to become human and live more like one.

This drama is written by Kang Eun-kyeong from "Love, Bread and Dreams" and produced by Sin Woo-cheol from "Secret Garden".

Source : xportsnews.hankyung.c... ( English )

Guest MGYlove

class="entry-title"Suzy becomes a charismatic martial arts instructor for ‘Book of the House of Gu’20130320_Suzy_LeeSeungGi_BookoftheHouseo

Will Suzy be able to maintain her title as the ‘nation’s first love’ while playing a rough-on-the-edges martial arts instructor in the new drama ‘Book of the House of Gu‘? Well, the still cuts say it’s a yes!

You might recognize the scenes pictured through the drama’s trailer, but to give fans an even better look at Suzy’s transformation, the drama team has revealed some up close still cuts from the scenes.

PD Park Tae Young commented, “Suzy is the perfect person to play the martial arts instructor Dam Yuh Wool who is cooler and more skilled in martial arts than any guy. Please look forward to Suzy’s try at her first historical genre drama and martial arts.”

The fantasy-historical drama takes place during the Joseon Dynasty and portrays the love and hate relationship of male Gumiho or nine-tailed fox Choi Kang Chi (Lee Seung Gi) and martial arts instructor Dam Yuh Wool (Suzy).

Wait a little longer until its premiere on April 8th!

cr:Allkpop

Guest NEWMARIO

miss A′s Suzy Shines with a Lovely Charisma in Teaser for ′Gu Family Book′

2013-03-21 11:03  l   CJ E&M enewsWorld Jeon Su Mihttp://enewsworld.interest.me/enews/c.. icon_copy_1.gifTranslation Credit : Erika Kim  http://enews24.interest.m..original articleicon_issue_1.gif
ratingtweettweet1tweetGo to Forum    0  |   Reply  0Suzy has her swords sharpened for her upcoming action debut.

The idol star will be appearing as Dam Yeo Wool, an instructor skilled in martial arts and archery, in the upcoming MBC drama Gu Family Book.

The drama will be her first period piece.

34464727.jpg

A teaser video released on March 18 heightened expectations for her period piece debut.

In the video, Suzy is shown in a blue costume with her hair tied up, sporting a smile on her face as she shows off her swift movements with her sword.

Netizens showed their support on the webpage where the teaser was released, saying, "She fits perfectly into her role! I′m looking forward to seeing Suzy′s transformation," "Suzy′s so pretty and cool" and "Suzy doesn′t appear much in the video but I′m still excited!"

Producer Park Tae Young said, "Suzy is the perfect fit for Dam Yeo Wool, who is very laid back and is talented in martial arts. You can look forward to seeing Suzy′s first period piece and action scenes."

Gu Family Book is about how Choi Kang Chi (Lee Seung Gi), a half-man-half-beast, strives to become human. It will air its first episode on April 8.

Photo credit: MBC

Guest deepslumber89

So it's suzy's character promo today... would that mean other characters too in the following days? :) thank you thank you for sharing all articles here! :)

Guest jjsweeter0211

Suzy's sword fighting skills

Source | 2013/03/20 |

photo293297.jpg

Suzy showed off a short but impressive display of sword fighting.

Suzy takes on the role of Dam Yeo-wool, an excellent practitioner in sword fighting in the upcoming MBC drama "Gu Family Book".

Being her first historical drama since her debut, Suzy is about to seem cooler than any other men by unleashing her martial arts skills.

Suzy was seen in the teaser of "Gu Family Book" which was released on the 18th. Her hair was tied up and her costume was blue. She twirled around and got into position to stab. She then carried on some techniques with a smile on her face.

Producer Park Tae-yeong said, "Suzy is more manly than any other men and I think she is perfect for this job".

Meanwhile, "Gu Family Book" is about a half-man, half-beast struggling to become human.

Source : www.newsen.com/news_v... ( English )

Archived