[Drama 2013] The Gu Family Book 구가의 서

Guest yeohweping

• Replies 34.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest NEWMARIO

[20130308]Gu Family Book 구가의 서_Video of Script Reading

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xy1r6d_20130308-gu-family-book-yyy-y-script-reading_shortfilms

lrlrEs.jpg

What is ‘Gu Family Book’?

This is from the official homepage
8542679365_7db82501e9_b.jpg

8542679715_0a28838c20_b.jpg

To get started, you can read the legend of Dangun here.

As a secret passed down in the Gumiho family for thousands of years, ‘Gu Family Book’ is a covenant made, when Hwanung descended to earth, to give opportunities to the many guardians of the land to become human. (It’s actually the covenant the tiger and the bear wished to receive by staying in a cave, eating only garlic and mugwort, and praying for 100 days in order to become human.)

In order to receive the covenant, there are 3 prohibitions that have to be observed:

1. You absolutely cannot kill a human.

2. You absolutely cannot pretend to not know it when a human asks for help.

3. You absolutely cannot let a human discover that you’re a guardian.

Only if one observed the 3 prohibitions during the 100 days would the ‘Gu Family Book’ appear in front of him/her…

But this story seems to be just a legend spread by word of mouth from scholars who research and study Dangun, NO ONE has actually seen the ‘Gu Family Book’. It’s because no one in the Gumiho family has ever accomplished the 100-day prayer.

source: imbc
English translation: tryp96.wordpress.com
Please do not plagiarize or repost without a link back to tryp96 original post.

Guest Queen_Of_Baekje

Hi! I'll be following this drama. I hope we get to have an awesome show in Gu Family Book.  No matter how much I love Suzy If the story is not good, I'll definitely drop it and maybe just watch her cuts :D . I can't wait to watch this drama..less than a month to go!

Guest purpledrama

Hello everyone, well i like all the cast but my favorites are   Yeon  Hee and Lee Seung Gi.. even do Yeon hee is cameo try to support the drama :)

Guest syahrilaiyub

please dont trust rumour that yeon hee is what i should say is she kinda rude to worker there.... i think the netizens is just being emo, like what they did to kim yoo jung

Guest meisk

New casting alert!!!
69604324.jpg

Sung Joon will join Gu Family Book. :D He's gonna be Dam Yeowool's first love or he has a crush on her...lol Later,he will help Kang Chi and Yeo Wool in their mission.
source

Another one is Japanese actor Otani Ryohei will join as the ninja master who is the secret head of Japanese intelligence force. 
sed0120130313100000.jpg

source

Guest meisk

star+roll said: Oh Sung Joon.  I like him.  Get it Dam Yeowool.   Nice to see the girl with another love too !  Now the love lines are getting complicated. :))

I thought the brother would like her too.  Or maybe he does ? ;))
Yeah, I read that it's delayed another week.    I saw that Lee Sung Jae got into an accident recently and that might have slowed down filming some.   Might explain why Seunggi and Suzy didn't start filming when they were rumored to...

Guest deepslumber89

mei_sk said: New casting alert!!!
69604324.jpg

Sung Joon will join Gu Family Book. :D He's gonna be Dam Yeowool's first love or he has a crush on her...lol Later,he will help Kang Chi and Yeo Wool in their mission.

source

Guest meisk

star+roll said: I thought the brother would like her too.  Or maybe he does ? ;))
Yeah, I read that it's delayed another week.    I saw that Lee Sung Jae got into an accident recently and that might have slowed down filming some.   Might explain why Seunggi and Suzy didn't start filming when they were rumored to...

i don't know if it was ever said how long it would be.  I was thinking 2 episodes, but who knows.  
There were rumors people saw them but someone told a fan we wouldn't see Seunggi until it got warmer and a production staff tweeted about not everything going as planned during filming implying delays I guess.   That was last week though.   By now I hope they are filming.  We need stills soon. 

Archived