[Drama 2012] Glass Mask 유리가면

Admin

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

In Yellow Boots, Yu Ra was sentenced to life imprisonment, her father was sentenced to 7 years and Pak Chang Du received 8 years.  Yeon Hwa setup her own natural cosmetics company and is doing very well living with her son. The writer left Yeon Hwa and Yun Jae's relationship open for reconciliation at the of the drama, though Yun Jae may have to wait (5 years or maybe 10 years till she changed her mind - his sentence I guess).

Yu Ra's grandmother sold her house and most of her possession to charity. She was seen helping out in the orphange.  She's truly repents what she has done.  Reconcile with Yeon Hwa's mom Gyeong Suk.

Yeon Hwa's sister, Su Ae married Tae Il. It was funny scene because Tae Il carried Su Ae down the aisle.

Kang Wook died whilst trying to save Yeon Hwa's son, Tae Yang from the fire.  His mom, Min Ja went abroad.  She did terrible deed towards Julia (Yun Jae's mom).  I guess a life for a life.  Julia and Yun Jae forgiven her in the end because of Kang Wook.

Even though Yeon Hwa is living well after Yu Ra was in prison, she didn't felt good.  She heard that Yu Ra was bullied and attempted suicide several times. She asked a nun to went in prison to counsel her. She also send her a drawing by Tae Yang of her (he wrote he missed her) along with a letter.  So, Tae Yang was the gel.  That letter and drawing release Yu Ra from her demonic self whilst she looks towards the sun and face life.  So, in the end, like Kang Wook to Yeon Hwa when she was in prison, Yeon Hwa became Yu Ra's penpal and thus heading towards reconciliation.

In Yellow Boots, there's a lot of dishing out to Yeon Hwa.  You see this poor heroine receiving all the unjust treatments/framing.  The revenge portion/exact of justice sort of wasn't as exciting as when Yeon Hwa was getting all the abuse. So when Yu Ra was only sentence to life imprisonment, there quite a few that weren't happy with the ending.  They want Yu Ra to die a terrible death and get what she deserves.  Reconciliation with Yu Ra was out the question. 

Remember, both Yellow Boots and Glass Mask are daytime drama and will be toned down for viewers.  Justice not Revenge.  Those sort of revenge we can think of are reserved to be shown in movies.

Ep 15

Yi Gyung was sent to hospital. Her identity/whereabout is no longer a secret. In Cheol has already filed a missing person report since Yi Gyung disappeared for 8 years. That's why Yi Gyung never went to hospital even if she was sick. She has to stay in hospital for observation. So Yeon and Hae Sun (who received a call from the hospital) started to panic.  They don't want In Cheol to find out nor Yi Gyung coming back to the house.  In Cheol got a message in his cell phone and found out about Yi Gyung being in hospital and went to find her.  This time he is not letting Yi Gyung leave again. Geon also found out from Dad that Yi Gyung is in hospital and rushed over.  Ha Joon found out that Yi Gyung has left a note and left the shop after she didn't turn up for work. Ha Joon who can't get hold of So Yeon, found out from Geon that Yi Gyung is in hospital, also rushed over to see her. In Cheol decided to stay overnight in the hospital with Yi Gyung.  In the middle of the night, So Yeon gave Yi Gyung her bag and was forcing her to leave when So Yeon was stopped by In Cheol. SLAP.  Then, came Hae Soon who in turn gave Yi Gyung a SLAP too.

In this episode, Seon Jae was starting to have flashbacks of his mom's murder since meeting In Cheol and went to the hospital to consult his doctor.  I was wondering if his mother is one of the victims in the chain murder? We will find out in future episodes down the track.

EP - 16

Yi Gyung ran away again in this episode while Geon was discharging her from hospital.  Ha Joon had an car accident on the way to the hospital. He hit Seon Jae's car. He finds Seon Jae familiar.  Yi Gyuung was in fishing village. Ha Joon send the loanshark people to try to find Yi Gyung.  Yi Gyung saw them and was scared.

Guest shondrea2

Gene, I'm confused is So Yeon, Hea Soon's daughter didn't her baby die and who baby did she take from the hospital also when someone was fighting So Yeon in the park Yi Gyung felt it when she was at home could they be twins ? this has been bugging the heck out of me. I don't usually like these type of dramas because they make the weak girls so stupid making you scream back at the computer for the weak girl to fight back and in the end everthing is forgiven.I saw the first few eps. and the very last few minutes of Yellow Boots because I already know how it's gonna end. I really don't understand kdramas you can never get proper ending. I think of all the dramas that I've watched Goong is my all time favorite. please can you clear this up for me more than likely I will ff throughout this as well. Thanks

Hae Sun or Hae Soon had a still birth. Due to shock and stress, went to the nursery in the hospital and took a baby.  Now, in episode 1, it only show 1 baby being born to Shim Gi Tae's wife. And since Yi Gyung can feel how So Yeon feels, it is highly that they are non-identical twins. Also, the only way the hospital can cover up it that there are a pair of twins. Somehow I wish they are not. The writer is going to drag this mystery out in the drama. I don't know if So Yeon may die at the end of the drama (she's got kidney problem).

After watching Yellow Boots, I just want to see what this writer can come up with again?  Is it the same old plot or something different?

Remember that these daytime dramas will have to sell to places like China which does not condone certain conduct/deeds.

I am wondering who Yi Gyung will end up with.  From the relationship chart, it seems that Yi Gyung and Ha Joon will develop a relationship.  Ha Joon seems a bit immature but nevertheless cares a lot about Yi Gyung.  I don't know how Seon Jae is going to turn out. He is still a mystery man to me.

In Cheol.  What can I say.  Grave mistakes he made.  Though he's trying to rectify through Yi Gyung and Hae Sun.  Like his seonbae said to him, you can't put enemies daughter together.  He is in a dilemma and Yi Gyung has to put him out of his misery by opting to leave the family.  In Cheol is a weak man in my opinion. But with Ha Joon's hot pursuit, Yi Gyung is going to find it hard keep out of sight, thus getting all the abuse.

Is Shim Gi Tae going to get out of jail? We will find out later I guess. Twenty years and not being sentenced to death after chains of homocide, is that possible? Is there death sentence in South Korea? I wonder whether the triad will find In Cheol asking him for another favor?

Ep 17

Yi Gyung ran away to live in a fishing village but was tracked down by Ha Joon with the help of the loansharks.  Since the accident, Yi Gyung has been suffering fainting spells but she refused to go to hospital in fear that she will be tracked down by In Cheol.  Ha Joon seek help from his mother, Hye Ran to get their private doctor to see Yi Gyung. The whole phone conversation was overheard by Seo Yeon who tracked the doctor down and found Yi Gyung hideout. Doctor advise Yi Gyung to go to hospital for checkup.  While Ha Joon stepped out to do a delivery run for Yi Gyung, Seo Yeon went in and packed Yi Gyung's bag and forced her to leave with her in the car.  Seo Yeon was crazy, driving erratically.  The episode ends with a near car accident.

Relationship between In Cheol and Hae Soon is not going well because of Yi Gyung.

Seon Jae was seen questioning his identity?

Guest apache934

gene71632 said:

apache934 said:

Exactly ! He loves YK but not enough to help her get out of Haesoon ' s crazy ,What I can see is no one in that family happy

Hae Soon will regret If she found out her daughter is Yi Gyung ??

Yes, Yi Gyung is weak at the moment due to her love for her family.  Wait till she finds out what they've done to her (counting out Geon at the moment). Who is the true victim here. 

Ep 18

Seo Yeon's car was stopped by the man hired by Ha Joon.  They took them back to him.  Seo Yeon made up lies to cover up why she was there.  They spend the night back at Yi Gyung's place in the village.  Ha Joon tries to confess to Yi Gyung again.  Seen by Seo Yeon.  Seo Yeon paid those men hired by Ha Joon to kidnap Yi Gyung. Ha Joon questioned the loanshark people and found out that Yi Gyung was kidnapped and decided to call In Cheol and told him about it.  Seo Yeon panicked after she was informed by Ha Joon of his intention.  Whilst talking to the men that kidnapped Yi Gyung, In Cheol overheard it.

Also, in the episode, Seon Jae was in the holding cell but was bailed by a rich chairman.  He seems to be looking for a lost grand daughter?? (Not sure about this).  He hands over a box to Seon Jae belonging to his mother. There is a picture of a woman with a man (man's head was ripped off).  I wonder if Yi Gyung is his grand daughter? Mystery deepens.

Guest apache934

gene71632 said: Yes, Yi Gyung is weak at the moment due to her love for her family.  Wait till she finds out what they've done to her (counting out Geon at the moment). Who is the true victim here. 

Ep 18

Seo Yeon's car was stopped by the man hired by Ha Joon.  They took them back to him.  Seo Yeon made up lies to cover up why she was there.  They spend the night back at Yi Gyung's place in the village.  Ha Joon tries to confess to Yi Gyung again.  Seen by Seo Yeon.  Seo Yeon paid those men hired by Ha Joon to kidnap Yi Gyung. Ha Joon questioned the loanshark people and found out that Yi Gyung was kidnapped and decided to call In Cheol and told him about it.  Seo Yeon panicked after she was informed by Ha Joon of his intention.  Whilst talking to the men that kidnapped Yi Gyung, In Cheol overheard it.

Also, in the episode, Seon Jae was in the holding cell but was bailed by a rich chairman.  He seems to be looking for a lost grand daughter?? (Not sure about this).  He hands over a box to Seon Jae belonging to his mother. There is a picture of a woman with a man (man's head was ripped off).  I wonder if Yi Gyung is his grand daughter? Mystery deepens.

Ep 19

Seo Yeon at first refused to cooperate with In Cheol about Yi Gyung's whereabouts.  After realizing the seriousness of what she has done (kidnapping is a criminal offence). She went with In Cheol to release Yi Gyung.  But Yi Gyung could not be found.  She has in fact got herself freed.  She stumbles onto the road and Ha Joon's car appeared. Yi Gyung was unconscious on the road. Ha Joon took Yi Gyung to the hospital and both Seo Yeon and In Cheol was informed. 

Ha Joon was very, very angry and is going to pursue the matter (via police and loansharks).  The loansharks already knew that So Yeon gave the order.  Seo Yeon was scared.  She plead with In Cheol for help but refused to apologize to Yi Gyung (pride she said).  How can Seo Yeon be truly sorry for what she has done. She's sorry that she's been caught.  She ran on to the road in front of a truck to get In Cheol to help her.  I think In Cheol agrees on condition that Yi Gyung is to come back and stay with them and Seo Yeon is to treat Yi Gyung better.

Yi Gyung awakes in hospital but she can't remember what happened? (Not sure whether she pretended).  Seo Yeon started to treat Yi Gyung nicely in front of In Cheol and Ha Joon.

Yi Gyung was discharged and went back home with Seo Yeon and In Cheol. Now she has to face Hae Soon.

Seon Jae seems to be working as a lawyer for Ariel, the rival company of Fideli. 

Thanks gene 71632 for translating the eps for us. I do not think that YG is SGT daughter, I think SY is SGT daughter. Because normally being a mother you would scream bloody murder if your child was missing in the hospital, and no one did, because the mother is dead. Also I don't think that YG and SY are related if they were, than that hospital should be closed down for making such major mistakes in their paper work. And those nurses should be fired for lying. Now I wonder what the reason was why YG ended up as a baby in the orphanage. Did the people in the orphanage say that the baby was SGT daughter? I don't know the womans name who died. Something is not right here. Or there must have been two baby girls born in that hospital and both mothers died.  I do wonder who SJ father is? It could be possible that HJ and SJ are half brothers, because both their fathers are not in the picture, And I think that SJ is older than HJ. It might be that SJ father had a love affair with his mother, but that his parents were against it and he had to marry HJ mother because of the money. Who knows maybe SJ is out for revenge also, but this is just guess work.    .

Guest apache934

gene71632 said: Ep 19 (Snippet from live TV) - I'll edit it later after I watched the episode

Seo Yeon at first refused to cooperate with In Cheol about Yi Gyung's whereabouts.  After realizing the seriousness of what she has done (kidnapping is a criminal offence). She went with In Cheol to release Yi Gyung.  But Yi Gyung could not be found.  She has in fact got herself freed.  She stumbles onto the road and Ha Joon's car appeared. Yi Gyung was unconscious on the road. Ha Joon took Yi Gyung to the hospital and both Seo Yeon and In Cheol was informed. 

Ha Joon was very, very angry and is going to pursue the matter (via police and loansharks).  Seo Yeon was scared.  She plead with In Cheol for help but refused to apologize to Yi Gyung (pride she said).  How can Seo Yeon be truly sorry for what she has done. She's sorry that she's been caught.  She ran on to the road in front of a truck to get In Cheol to help her.  I think In Cheol agrees on condition that Yi Gyung is to come back and stay with them and Seo Yeon is to treat Yi Gyung better.

Yi Gyung awakes in hospital but she can't remember what happened? (Not sure whether she pretended).  Seo Yeon started to treat Yi Gyung nicely in front of In Cheol and Ha Joon.

Yi Gyung was discharged and went back home with Seo Yeon and In Cheol. Now she has to face Hae Soon.

Seon Jae seems to be working as a consultant (law??) for the rival company of Fideli?

Gene 71632 can you tell me what is the relation of SJ and the grandfather? Why I ask is how does the grandfather have a box with things in it belonging to SJ mother? If he is related to the grandfather than I hope YG is not the lost granddaughter. I hope SJ gets the lead in this drama. in I believe it was in My Daughter Flower he also had the second lead. 

maartjeheit said: Thanks gene 71632 for translating the eps for us. I do not think that YG is SGT daughter, I think SY is SGT daughter. Because normally being a mother you would scream bloody murder if your child was missing in the hospital, and no one did, because the mother is dead. Also I don't think that YG and SY are related if they were, than that hospital should be closed down for making such major mistakes in their paper work. And those nurses should be fired for lying. Now I wonder what the reason was why YG ended up as a baby in the orphanage. Did the people in the orphanage say that the baby was SGT daughter? I don't know the womans name who died. Something is not right here. Or there must have been two baby girls born in that hospital and both mothers died.  I do wonder who SJ father is? It could be possible that HJ and SJ are half brothers, because both their fathers are not in the picture, And I think that SJ is older than HJ. It might be that SJ father had a love affair with his mother, but that his parents were against it and he had to marry HJ mother because of the money. Who knows maybe SJ is out for revenge also, but this is just guess work.    .

Archived