Goo Hye Sun 구혜선

Admin

Hi Sunnies! Its been a long time...:cold_sweat: i just logged in to throw my support to Koo. I love watching her in YATM and Im quite shocked when I read the news this morning. In this trying times, I pray that God will give her the strength to overcome this. Its a sad news for all of us who loves her dearly. May she find solace and healing in the arms of her husband and her family. Get well soon Koo! Well pray for your recovery and your next come back project!  Take care Sunnies!

• Like 14

Awww...she's so nice.:wub: But I'm gonna miss their interaction together. KHS is still JHD for me....:bawling:

Actress Uhm Jung Hwa is publicly expressing her support for her former “You’re Too Much” co-star Ku Hye Sun, who recently had to leave her role for health reasons.

On March 24, Uhm Jung Hwa shared an image of Ku Hye Sun on her personal Instagram account, captioning it, “Hye Sun, please get better as fast as possible.”

YG Entertainment confirmed earlier that day that Ku Hye Sun would no longer be able to appear in the MBC drama after being diagnosed with “a severe, allergic digestive dysfunction.”

Meanwhile, it has been reported that “On The Way To The Airport” actress Jang Hee Jin will be taking over the role from March 25.

https://www.soompi.com/2017/03/24/uhm-jung-hwa-publicly-addresses-ku-hye-suns-exit-youre-much/

• Like 13

In relation to Koo's health condition.. I learned so much about  Anaphylaxis , the cause, symptoms & prevention & cure. This condition is not really a joke & can't be disregarded. I pray that our Koo will be ok & recovered fast. Health is wealth. WE love u Koo! :heart:

Anaphylaxis is an extreme form of allergic reaction. It can cause swelling of the lips and tongue, breathing problems, collapse and loss of consciousness. Anaphylaxis can cause death and is therefore a medical emergency. If you suspect someone is suffering anaphylaxis, you should call 999/112/911 for an ambulance. One of the main treatments is an injection of adrenaline (epinephrine). Some people who have had a severe allergic reaction or anaphylactic reaction in the past carry an adrenaline (epinephrine) pen. This can be self-injected or injected by a bystander, in the event of anaphylaxis.

What is anaphylaxis?

Anaphylaxis is the name given to an extreme form of allergic reaction. Typically, it occurs very suddenly and without warning. The symptoms get rapidly worse and, without treatment, can cause death. The symptoms affect many parts of the body.

What happens in an anaphylactic reaction?

An allergy is a response by the body's immune system to something (called an allergen) that is not necessarily harmful in itself. Certain people are sensitive to this allergen and have a reaction when exposed to it.

During an allergic reaction, a complex series of events occurs within the body. These events are co-ordinated by the immune system. Sometimes the immune system 'goes into overdrive'. If this happens, the body can lose control of its vital functions, with catastrophic results. Such a severe reaction can cause death. This is anaphylaxis.

On a more detailed level, changes happen within the walls of capillaries, the smallest blood vessels in the body. The capillaries become leaky, and fluid leaks from the blood into the tissues (blood is comprised of blood cells as well as fluid called serum). So much fluid is lost from the blood (vascular) system, that blood pressure falls. As the blood pressure drops, there is a lack of blood to the major organs. This is known as shock - and in this case is anaphylactic shock.

Read more:

•  
      Spoiler

What causes anaphylaxis?

Anaphylaxis can potentially be caused by any allergen. Most allergens are proteins, but some (such as medications) are not. Many cases of anaphylaxis have no known cause. This is referred to as idiopathic anaphylaxis.

Causes of anaphylaxis:

Idiopathic (unknown). Food - common examples include nuts (for example, peanut, brazil), shellfish and eggs. Venom (for example, bee or wasp stings). Medicines - common examples include:

• Antibiotics - for example, penicillin.
      • Painkillers - for example, opioids such as morphine or codeine, or non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs) such as aspirin.
      • How common is anaphylaxis?

We do not know exactly how common anaphylaxis is. This is because some people having an anaphylactic reaction are not correctly diagnosed. This is because some of the symptoms of anaphylaxis can be similar to other medical problems - for example, a severe asthma attack. Sometimes people are recognised as having a significant allergic reaction and are treated in hospital, but the event isn't ever properly identified or recorded as anaphylaxis.

It is estimated that there are between 1 and 3 cases of anaphylaxis in every 10,000 people, every year in the UK. It is estimated that:

• About half a million people in the UK have had an anaphylactic reaction to venom (bee or wasp stings).
      • Almost a quarter of a million people under 44 years of age have had anaphylaxis due to nuts.
      • About 20 people a year die in the UK due to anaphylactic reactions. In about half of these cases, there is no known cause (idiopathic anaphylaxis).

Who gets anaphylaxis?

It is mainly children and young adults who are affected by anaphylaxis. Food is a common cause in children; however, medicines seem to be more common triggers in adults. Anaphylactic reactions appear to be more common in females.

• What are the symptoms of anaphylaxis?

Classic early symptoms of anaphylaxis include:

Wheezing and hoarseness. This happens as the airways narrow. Swelling of the lips, tongue and throat. It is known as angio-oedema. The swelling involves the deeper layers of the skin. Whilst it can occur around the eyes, and in the hands and feet, it is more significant when it affects the lips, tongue and throat. Swelling here can completely block your airway, meaning air (and therefore oxygen) cannot be breathed into the lungs. Without emergency treatment, this results in suffocation (asphyxiation). An itchy rash, like nettle rash - commonly called hives. Urticaria is the medical term. The rash is raised and generally pale pink in colour. The raised areas are called wheals. Not everyone having an anaphylactic reaction gets this rash. Feeling faint - due to dropping of your blood pressure. A sense of impending doom. A fast heart rate (tachycardia) or the sensation of a 'thumping' heart (palpitations) as your heart tries to pump faster to maintain your blood pressure. Symptoms involving the gut (gastrointestinal tract). These include feeling sick (nausea), being sick (vomiting) and tummy (abdominal) pain.

Classic advancing symptoms of anaphylaxis include:

Stridor. This is a noise created by trying to breathe in when the upper airways (namely the mouth, throat and upper windpipe (trachea)) are obstructed. This is due to swelling in these tissues. Respiratory collapse. This means that the breathing (respiratory) system of the body is failing. There might be fast, shallow breathing and the skin of the lips and tongue may become bluish (called cyanosis). If you cannot breathe air into the lungs, the blood cannot be oxygenated. Oxygenated blood is needed so that the cells in our body, and therefore the organs in our body, can work. It is vitally important that the brain should not be starved of oxygen. The heart muscle needs oxygen so it can pump the blood round the body. Once one major organ system of the body starts to falter, in turn the others become strained until they are unable to function too. Death is the result of such a catastrophic 'systems failure'. Confusion, agitation, anxiety and loss of consciousness. These symptoms soon follow. Low oxygen levels (hypoxia) can make you confused. If you are unable to breathe properly due to angio-oedema, you will feel restless and anxious - you are effectively suffocating. Eventually, loss of consciousness occurs. Low blood pressure (hypotension) and eventual circulatory collapse are the end events.

Other symptoms include:

Feeling faint - due to dropping of your blood pressure. A sense of impending doom. A fast heart rate (tachycardia) or the sensation of a 'thumping' heart (palpitations) as your heart tries to pump faster to maintain your blood pressure. Symptoms involving the gut (gastrointestinal tract). These include feeling sick (nausea), being sick (vomiting) and tummy (abdominal) pain.

It is important to realise that the treatment for anaphylaxis is an emergency, so anyone with presumed anaphylaxis is treated as such. The blood test has no role in the immediate management of someone with a severe allergic reaction. After life-saving emergency treatment has been started and the situation is stable, this blood test can be taken. It is suggested to take one sample as soon as possible and another 1-2 hours after the anaphylactic reaction. A further sample can be taken once recovery is complete, or even at a follow-up appointment in an allergy clinic.

What is the treatment for anaphylaxis?

Anaphylaxis is a life-threatening emergency and needs to be treated in a hospital.

First aid measures for anaphylaxis (out of hospital)
      These include:

Administration of an adrenaline (epinephrine) auto-injector (if there is one). This is a pre-filled syringe with a needle - sometimes referred to as an adrenaline (epinephrine) pen. The idea is that it can be injected by the person having the anaphylactic reaction (if there is time), or by a bystander who knows how to use it. Cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR) if the person is unresponsive and not breathing. If you are not medically trained or have not been taught how to to perform CPR with rescue breaths, the new advice is to give hands-only CPR. This means you do not have to give mouth-to-mouth resuscitation (also called the kiss of life). If a person is found collapsed and is not breathing, after calling the emergency services, all you have to do is chest compressions. The idea behind this is simple - chest compressions are better than nothing, and many people are put off by the idea of mouth-to-mouth resuscitation. Hands-only CPR is unlikely to bring someone out of cardiac arrest (the heart has stopped). However, it will pump some blood round the body, importantly the brain will get some oxygen from the blood it receives. (See below under 'Further help & information' for details of hands-only CPR.)

Hospital treatment

People with presumed anaphylaxis are treated in the resuscitation room of an emergency department (ED). The main treatment is still adrenaline (epinephrine), usually given by injection into the muscle of the thigh (called an intramuscular (IM) injection). Resuscitation of someone having an anaphylactic reaction follows an ordered sequence - ABC:

• A stands for Airway. An airway is essential to life - so that we can breathe. A swollen tongue from angio-oedema can block the airway. People with anaphylaxis are nursed lying flat. Sometimes a tube is needed to help keep the airway open.
      • B stands for Breathing. Oxygen is given with a face mask, or, if the patient has a tube for breathing, down that.
      • C stands for Circulation. Intravenous (IV) access - a 'drip' is needed for fluids and other medicines. Fluids may help to keep up the blood pressure and maintain blood circulation around the body.

The specifics of treatment do depend on how well or unwell the person with anaphylaxis is. There is a great deal of difference between treating someone who is unconscious and in cardiac arrest (so needs resuscitation) and someone who is in the early stages of anaphylaxis. However, the point is that anaphylaxis progresses rapidly. ABC still needs to be considered before deterioration occurs. Other medicines used to treat anaphylaxis include antihistamines and a type of steroid (hydrocortisone). Sometimes a nebuliser is used. This is often a type of treatment given to people having an asthma attack. A medicine called salbutamol is inhaled like a fine mist, through a mask. It helps to open up (bronchodilate) tight airways in the lungs. Whilst treatment is ongoing, a person with anaphylaxis will be closely monitored. This involves (amongst other things) blood pressure monitoring, heart monitoring and an electrocardiogram (ECG, or heart trace) and measurement of the oxygen levels in the blood (using a pulse oximeter to measure oxygen saturation - sats). If you have had an anaphylactic reaction, you will be kept in hospital for a minimum of 6-8 hours, to monitor your condition. Such a short admission is only appropriate if you recovered quickly and without complication. In other cases, admission and monitoring will continue longer. Children with anaphylaxis would normally be admitted to a children's (paediatric) ward and kept in hospital for a bit longer. There is a small risk of a problem called a biphasic reaction. This occurs where there is a delayed anaphylactic reaction, some 4-10 hours later.

Do I need any tests for anaphylaxis?

Anaphylaxis is primarily a clinical diagnosis. This means that it is diagnosed based on the recognition of symptoms and the manner in which they occur - that is, quickly and rapidly worsening.

Anaphylaxis does need to be distinguished from other medical conditions that may have some similar symptoms. These include a life-threatening asthma attack, or a severe blood infection (septic shock). There are also other conditions that are not life-threatening but that can initially seem similar to anaphylaxis. Examples include panic attacks, fainting (vasovagal episode) or idiopathic (non-allergic) urticaria or angio-oedema.

A blood test can be done to identify anaphylaxis and rule out other causes of the symptoms. The blood test measures mast-cell tryptase. This is a chemical released by mast cells (a type of cell in the immune system) during a severe allergic reaction. Levels rise to a maximum within an hour of an anaphylactic reaction and stay higher than normal for up to six hours.

For more..read this ->> https://patient.info/health/anaphylaxis-leaflet

https://patient.info/health/anaphylaxis-leaflet

• Like 13

Really really sad to hear this bad news, when everything going fine and korean start liking her in YRTM and this awful disease thing happened, really feeling so bad for her i hope she get well soon, really so worried about her, i hope she take good care of herself and be back to normal, praying hard..

i was enjoying yrtm just cuz  of koo now i am saying good bye to it , but i am glad after reading netizen comments on naver and dawn mostly all are positive and supporting koo even anti are feeling sorry i hope koo recover her full health soon 

• Like 14

Just when it had seemed that Dad was on the verge of another courageous recovery given his indefatigable spirit, he passed away out of a sudden. And just when I have finally finished dramarathoning  YATM a couple of hrs. ago, news of Ku Hye-sun leaving the show gave me a sharp emotional jolt. Another whirl of shock and sadness, tears just inevitably flowed. During YATM's premiere, my appa was hospitalised. Amidst the negativity, I thought of Ku-nim's highly anticipated drama comeback as a comforting ray of light. Presently, while trying to pick up the pieces, I found a much needed diversion in the drama most esp. delight and humour through her spectacular and refreshing performance as the quirky and gorgeous super-unnie/cabaret imitator chanteuse, Jung Hae-dang a/k/a/ Yoo G-na.

''Things happen the way they were meant to'', a dear friend and fellow Sunny allayingly told me. As I scrabble for my equilibrium, I try to be soothed by the thought that Dad is in a much better place now, and in Koo-nim's case, that the early recognition of her condition will pave the way for a more effective treatment, not to mention that she will be in the safe and competent care of her beloved handsome husband, Ahn Jae-hyun. Admittedly, I cannot look at YATM the same way again without her in it – she, being my primordial reason for watching it. But since the cast is topnotch and the actress sought to replace her also made the difficult decision to assume the role despite being faced with surmounting pressure, I will support YATM until the end, a sentiment surely seconded by uri princess.

Despite the brevity of your appearance in YATM, you have brought considerable cheer to my grieving heart. Thank you very much and get well soon, Hye-sun. Replenish your creativity and vigour. We will always be praying for your health and happiness. We will always be cheering on for you.

• Like 12

Like everyone else here, I am very sad about what recently happened. I've been feeling uneasy the moment i read the news and I keep on refreshing my phone for any news update. Let's all pray for her fast recovery. 

(I'm bidding goodbye to YATM too now that she's no longer part of it. I want to continue in order to support UJH but it will be too weird to see Jung Hae-dang played by another actress. I wish the drama well though.)

• Like 13

Dear hye sun.....rest well and take very good care of your health. Me as your long time fan ....expect nothing from you...just come back to us with your beautiful smile and happy face. You are still much on my mind. Get well soon...you are in my prayer.

• Like 12

Dear Hye sun , be strong , happy and healthy...we all love you so much... 

Don't hear all the bad things, just focus to your fast recovery please... Your healthy and happiness is our goal as fans

I believe there are lots of good projects waiting for you in future, we love you

• Like 12

Guest Carmel1

My dear Koo, we are all praying for you.  We'll be waiting for you patiently just take care of yourself.

"Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God;  and the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus"

Philippians 4:6,7

It was really sad to read about Hyesun its still hard to digest it..Its so disheartening and shocking to hear that her allergy could be as severe as anaphylaxis.. aww my poor Hyesunnie i wish i could hug her right now.. :(:( praying for her speedy recovery and God be with her..hope she recovers very soon so that we see her healthy and fit again..i am praying sincerely for her to get well..

(Just a month ago a neighbor of mine had an anaphylactic shock due to consumption of prawns and my collegue got it from certain drug,they had to be rushed to the hospital immediately. This kind of allergic reaction is the one i fear the most and dint imagine my angel would have to suffer from it)

Hyesun needs to be more careful and keep emergency medicines with her..dont worry sunnies she will get well soon with good rest and medications just that she will have to be careful to prevent the allergen.. the ones who i saw getting it are doing well uri Hyesun will be fine too..

Fighting Hyesun fighting sunnies..my hugs to all..

• Like 10

My dear sunnies it's been a while since I post here.  The news about the sudden health problems of my angel is worrying me a lot that I barely slept last night. She was doing very well in her drama with very good comments, and the drama was having very good ratings and then this! I am praying for her prompt and full recovery. God knows why this happened. I have recently noticed that she looked very tired. The reality show with her hubby, the art exhibition, the drama, and the shooting for Singles magazine. Then, based in what I read, they moved into a house. Moving is not easy (I considered it stressful). Let's pray for our angel to be healthy and happy! I am confident that she is stable and getting the proper treatment from her doctors.

@macaronsandsakurateaI am so sorry for your loss. I know that pain because my father passed away a few years ago. He was the best dad and grandpa, my hero. May your beloved dad rest in peace.

• Like 11

It's been ages since I've been here, but been lurking. Saw the recent news of her, praying for her health and recovery. It's sad that she won't be on the show anymore, I was always looking forward to the episodes but her health comes first. Was very excited when i found out she had a new drama out. Sending lots of prayers to her. 

• Like 9

Still a little bit down since the not so good news yesterday..usually at this time  im checking my sns account for khs teaserpicsof her drama or videos.shes the only reason why i watch the drama s.anyway im praying for her full recovery and hope to hear good news regarding her health condition..praying also that we will see her again in tv or event bfore end of the year.i wish her to slowly comeback maybe  special appearnce for tv drama or guest in some of variety shows at least that will only take few hours to shoot.and do some magazine pictorial.pls koo be healthy and comeback soon.missing you already.

• Like 8

Thanks Sunnies for all the updates.

I just cannot watch YTM anymore. I cheer for all the staff and the cast...it is just that a whole lot of K-nets and somer reporters really made me feel so disguested wtih them that I cannot stand it. Sorry to vent.

Anyway, I wonder if that is really GHS? I do trust Janey Wang's IG but does she say it is Koo for sure? The hand and the arm look a bit bigger than I imagine. If I remember Koo's middle finger well, I think it is more curved than the way it appears in the IG?? But, I am not sure if it is her rt or lt middle finger that is curved...ke.

If it is Koo, it is good to see her V sign. Take care Koo and hope to see you out walking and smiling as soon as you can. 

• Like 9

Hi Sunnies :( I am struggling to get through this weekend and can't even think about YATM and sis Cheerkoo, ditto to what you said.  I can't bear to watch the drama, it just is not the same.  The one thing that is helping me get through this "depression" is all of you who are so wonderful in your support of GHS and who share the same feelings as me, and who are going through this painful time.  Don't know how else to describe it, and really there's not much that can make it go away.  I'm sure, like anything else unpleasant, it will in time and one thing we can look forward to is to hear that she's okay and doing well.  Sue, like you said the hand looks bigger than Koo's but they kind of look like her fingers and I believe it is her left middle finger that has that cute curved tip. ^_^  I had to divert my attention somehow and started watching the drama VOICE.  OMG - if you like thrillers, this one is that and then some.  It was so good and riveting that I could not stop watching.  Anyway Sunnies, thanks for your support, let's all hang in there ok?  Stay well...

A big hug going out to Macaronsandsakuratea.  You are in my thoughts and prayers.....:heart:

• Like 11