SM AUDITION - New York

Guest Ella_Kwan

Guest shyxlovex3

Hm..

im plannin on singing and dancing..

but then.. do i get to dance for the whole song..

or just a part of the song like singing?

also for acting...

can you pick a part from a drama or ..

do you have to make up a scene??

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest vivosergirl

Hm..

im plannin on singing and dancing..

but then.. do i get to dance for the whole song..

or just a part of the song like singing?

also for acting...

can you pick a part from a drama or ..

do you have to make up a scene??

I think for dancing, since you're bringing your own music, it can be less then a whole song... like more then a minute maybe? If you have a program that lets you cut and fade the music or something, I'd do that...

I was a bit curious about the acting part too. I'd totally try out, except they don't tell you what kind of audition piece they want. I think they prefer something in Korean, since most of their actors are working in Korea. I also think that doing a monologue from a famous movie like Titanic (I don't even remember if they had one in there -_-) But since you'll probably need a basic knowledge of reading and pronouncing Korean, I think they'd prefer something from a Korean drama or a play.

I'm gonna try and find Korean monologue....

Guest BboyOrion

O cool i might do this. =) gotta cut school? The auditions are probably near the Nyc area right? if they are count me in. Haha hopefully they will give more information out sooner. Please contact me if u find something out xP

Guest vivosergirl

I think the auditions pieces for singing has to be about 1 minute long... But someone told me 30 seconds. I think it's 1 minute...-_-

I found an article on-line that interviewed someone who was in charge of SM's Casting crew or something...

Ergh gotta find it again. But they had some good tips.

Like:

1. Your "rhythm test" is pretty important. When they see you there, they kind of get an idea of whether you're right type for stardom. (I don't see how dancing for 10 seconds can help them see that -_-)

2. When an actor/actress does a monologue, they should try to do one that suit their age. A student should have a monologue that suits what students usually go through- which means it's probably wise not to do a monologue from a popular drama.

3. Being all talent and no personality=a no-no. They even say that your personality should be greater then your talents.

4. Practice hard. It's gonna be pretty embarrasing if you mess up the words to a song. It's also gonna bring your confidence down. The fact that there are judges and cameras in the room, not to mention 9 other contestants, will definately not help your self-esteem. But if you do mess up, don't fret too much over it. We're all human. Even the best makes mistakes.

5. Find your own sound. BoA's song should not be sung in BoA's voice, even though her voice is pretty, In fact, if the original singer of the song has a deep contrast to your voice, the song will sound more unique.

6. When you audition, don't dress up like you're going to a club. Don't put heavy make-up on. In fact, it's better to wear plain clothes. Look nice and neat, but don't overdo it.

Ahhhh... here's the article! It's in Korean, though.

http://www.chosun.co.kr/se/news/200601/200601100185.html

And if you were looking for some monologue in Korean...

http://www.jingumdari.com/98/monologue.htm

I think 3, 4, 5, and 6 are women's monologue... I'd pick number 3 but change the date around... I don't know what screwed that up... but 3 or 5. I think 3 is longer.

Guest simply_dream

oo i just found this out!!!! i really want to go too! and it's great because i live in NY but then i think i have school on that day =.= uh oh this is hard x.X tho i just want to go and gain experience since my chance this time is next to 0 hehe

Guest BboyOrion

is anyone going in just as a dancer? everyone has been putting up tips for songs and such for singing, but what about just dancing?

Guest shyxlovex3

ohh myy.. haha.

i tried acting to the drama mygirl~ llOL...

and it was preettyyy funnyyy lOL..

hmm.. a drama that would suit my age???????

what are some dramas that has teens in it?

hm.

how bout.. stairway to heaven?? ahha thats all i can think of righ now.. lOl

when they were young... lOl

Guest babiiecake

hey i`m planning to audition ..

still finding a song that`ll be good for my audition though ..

oh and good luck to everyone auditioning as well ^_^

Guest crazii_<33_yu

yepp so it's no more a big problem for those who had trouble skipping school(: alsoooo...o.o umms..i forgot what i was going to say..><

IM TOKKI

i suggest emailing it(: to be on safe side..

btws...how long does it take for them to reply back?@_@ i sent it two times..yesterday and the day before yesterday..but no reply ><

Guest babiiecake

oh so we do get replies ? hmm ..

i didn`t think there was a reply ..

thanks for the info then ^_^

uhm what if you accidentally deleted the email .. cause i think it`s been more than 2 weeks since i sent mine and i haven`t gotten anything and i think i might`ve deleted it by accident ..

Guest qaxlod

I don't think you are allowed to audition for more than one category.

I believe you have to be either there simply for dance/sing/act/etc.

Guest Ella_Kwan

babiicakes, if you think you deleted, then just send it again. And if you still didnt get a reply & it's audition time, then just show up & sign up there, you might have to wait longer but you still get to audition... :)

gaxlod, you can audition for as amny catogories as you want, you definally DONT have to pick one... & if your uncertain about trying out for soemthing & you didnt write it in your email, then they will give you this fourm on audtion date & every1 gets this fourm and there you will finalize on what catagorieSSSSSSS you want to audtion for... :)

Guest qaxlod

You get to audition for more than one area? Hm, that's not what one of the SM represenatives told me. o.O

I actually called them in person..

Guest Ella_Kwan

Others that have audition already before has said this, done this & seen it done... If they changed their minds last min. them we'll see but i say better be prepared or nothing.. :)

Archived