SM AUDITION - New York

Guest Ella_Kwan

Guest justjenn.

Hey, it's okay if I bring my sister and friends right? They're going to try out as well. As for the English or Korean song deal, I don't know if I should sing a Korean song. I always thought American songs brought out a more range so I was thinking of memorizing both English and Korean just in case they ask for a Korean one haha. Did anyone settle on a piece yet? It's been bothering me the whole day. As well as the free styling part...not sure how well I'll do on that part....Well, I'm glad for this chance cause if I don't make it this time, I already have an individual audition in Korea, so hopefully this'll give me some experience and calm my nerves.

Also, the applications are due anytime before the audition day right? I think there's a direct application as well. But the thing is...are they going to allow every single applicant to apply? Ugh. October 4th, Wednesday, is that Jewish holiday, Rosh Hashannah. Schools are closed. Well, at least for me. Practice a lot people. Two months go by really fast.

Question: Anyone here interested in practicing together and help with constructive criticism?

nanjiyoun: They don't accept phone pictures. I think a professional studio picture is the best option.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Storytime

I'll be going to the New York auditions (most likely). I wonder where it'll be though. I was thinking it'd be near Mad. Sq. but who knows?

Guest Ella_Kwan

justJenn. yeah sure, it's okay.

Does all school close on Rosh Shana??? Like colleges??? hmm....

Ddong, wanna come with us??? LOL

Guest crazii_<33_yu

O_o somebody..chain me to the unknown location of sm's audition!! im having cold feet >.< ....studio pictures? ::gulps:: uh..ahaha...>.<

sayyy..alice? since we both live in brooklyn..let's meet up! ...where exactly you live? o.o;; <3

talk to you guys later xD

Guest Ella_Kwan

^^ lol, well when september rolls around then we'll make the decision be/c we dont know where the auditios are yet & how many ppl are coming...

pratice pratice practice!!!<33

Guest Storytime

I'll be going for fun :) Since my voice is absolutely nothing worth listening to. But sure, we can all meet up and go together! It's a perfect excuse for Soompi-ers to get together. :P

Guest vivosergirl

I'm not trying out or anything. But I have a friend who might be interested in going. She'll be applying for either singer or actor. But she was afraid of going because she feels like she's not ready. She's afraid that she won't be able to try out again if they don't accept her this time. Is it like that, though? Like if you try out once time and don't get accepted, can you try out again next time?

It seems a little eh(?) for me because they request your picture to be sent with the e-mail before they even see your at the auditions. It seems weird though. I mean, you can always wear tons of make-up and photoshop your picture :blink:

I might tag along with her, for support... We both might apply...

EDIT::: Btw, October 4th isn't Rosh Hashana... I'm pretty sure because my district gets off for all major Jewish holidays and Yon Kippur is on the Monday (October 2nd).

Guest justjenn.

I'm not trying out or anything. But I have a friend who might be interested in going. She'll be applying for either singer or actor. But she was afraid of going because she feels like she's not ready. She's afraid that she won't be able to try out again if they don't accept her this time. Is it like that, though? Like if you try out once time and don't get accepted, can you try out again next time?

It seems a little eh(?) for me because they request your picture to be sent with the e-mail before they even see your at the auditions. It seems weird though. I mean, you can always wear tons of make-up and photoshop your picture :blink:

I might tag along with her, for support... We both might apply...

EDIT::: Btw, October 4th isn't Rosh Hashana... I'm pretty sure because my district gets off for all major Jewish holidays and Yon Kippur is on the Monday (October 2nd).

Oh you're right. I was thinking about last year. This year it's in September. Drat. Why can't it be on Yom Kippur? Why a weekday? Sigh.

You can definitely audition again. If you fail this one, you can always go to Korea and go to the open auditions. You're friend should really try it out. It can give her some experience, so she can do better the next time if she were to fail. They request your picture like for a resume. It's for security purposes I suppose. And if you photoshop your picture, they'll know you were deceiving them anyway once you show up, so unless the person is stupid, people won't do that. They won't reject your application if your supposedly "ugly" or anything, even though if that industry can be a bit shallow. It's self assurance. As long as talent is there.

niice...i'll refer my dongseng to this thread because she wants to audition. holy crap i can't believe i have to help her sneak out -.-

by the way, if she sends in an e-mail application in the next couple of days, how early would she be able to audition? around? so that she doesn't get killed by her parents by the time i drop her off O_O

Guest crazii_<33_yu

it depends..there's actually two ways for this audition to start..one, is first come first serve? or it could be they call your name//number. pretty much like that right? correct me if I'm wrong =]<3

Guest Ella_Kwan

For seohee, it's who ever sent in the application through email, gets a # & you go before thoese who didnt send an application, so if she wants to go early then she better send her application now... hopes that helps :)

Guys i have a delema(sp??)/problem...

I'm going for Sing, but i'm not sure if i should go for acting, I'm going to be 18, korean age 19.

I was thinking that acting might increase my chances for getting accepted be/c my downer is that i'm older than moat trainees. So if i act it much give me a plus.

My actting doesnt blow, it's okay, but if i sing first and act after, i'll be all over the place be/c i'm not sure if you guys been through this but aftering sing, your heart beats like crazy & them acting stright after is kinda hard.... I dont want to mess up & seriouly lose my chances with SM be/c of that acting...

My singing on it's own is pretty good & i'm not worried

but then it's like 50% of me getting in be/c of my sing

But 50% i wont get in be/c of my age!

Ahhh thats my delema & the reason why i havent given in my application yet... I'm asking you guys for help, soooooo please help me...... :) thank you!

Guest crazii_<33_yu

awwwwwwwwwwwwwwws i have one too xD i'm okay at singing...well...for acting...it would be fun to try it..but i dunno what to do TT_TT alice, why not try for both? =] it's better than not trying at all! =D ad if i get all those mumbo jumbo stuff figured out for acting..i'll have a shot at it..just dunno what i'm supposed to do? O.o <3

Guest ohemgeewinniee

whoa, cool. where are you guys meeting?

(& does anyone know WHERE they're gonna

be holding the auditions? +_+ you know its

either upstate or in the city ...) i'm not

auditioning .. but i might tag along to

support & stuff. :P

Guest Ella_Kwan

Donna, i've figured it out but i'm not sure if it will work, lol!!!

I applyed fo singing only but if i remember a sence from a korean drama,

which will take me forever, then i'll ask them if i can act too... hopefully...

LOL, thanks anyways.... you should do the same...

Winnie, if u wanna tag along, sure...lol...

p.s. I'll update evrything later...

Guest crazii_<33_yu

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeees~ yes winnie! go =D the more people..the merrier! =]<3

alice, i'll consider the idea..but..can't i do a scene from the titantic instead? xD ahahahahaha...=P

Guest vivosergirl

For seohee, it's who ever sent in the application through email, gets a # & you go before thoese who didnt send an application, so if she wants to go early then she better send her application now... hopes that helps :)

Guys i have a delema(sp??)/problem...

I'm going for Sing, but i'm not sure if i should go for acting, I'm going to be 18, korean age 19.

I was thinking that acting might increase my chances for getting accepted be/c my downer is that i'm older than moat trainees. So if i act it much give me a plus.

My actting doesnt blow, it's okay, but if i sing first and act after, i'll be all over the place be/c i'm not sure if you guys been through this but aftering sing, your heart beats like crazy & them acting stright after is kinda hard.... I dont want to mess up & seriouly lose my chances with SM be/c of that acting...

My singing on it's own is pretty good & i'm not worried

but then it's like 50% of me getting in be/c of my sing

But 50% i wont get in be/c of my age!

Ahhh thats my delema & the reason why i havent given in my application yet... I'm asking you guys for help, soooooo please help me...... :) thank you!

I don't think they won't accept you because you're older then most applicants... In fact, I think that might put you in favor because the people auditioning will be slightly less experienced (I'm not saying that experience comes with age, but I can find very few 12 year olds who'll match up to an 18 year old who practiced hard) Also, just because groups like TVXQ and Super Junior has younger members doesn't mean they're looking for the youngest people. If they have to pick between an 18 year old and a 15 year old, they will most likely pick the 18 year old because the 15 year old has plenty of time to audition over and over again.

Showing that you can sing AND act is very important. You're multi-talented- why not show it? I would definately tell them at the auditions. It's a showcase of your best talents. When my friend goes to try out for a musical or something, he shows them a little extra- like his ability to speak 3 languages fluently, his talents in card tricks, juggling and some other random stuff. Everyone trying out for singing will be able to sing- not everyone will be able to act.

If you're looking for some ways to calm your nerve down, there are plenty of websites devoted to tips for aspiring actors and actresses. My suggestion would be to practice your lines so frequently that there is no way you'll mess up. Something as simple as just knowing your lines perfectly will do wonders. Also, build up your confidence by practicing in front of people- even people you don't know. If you go to school and there's a drama club, ask the people there for comments. If you're going straight from singing to acting, I suggest you take a little break to recollect yourself and get in to character. I'd also suggest picking a monologue that contrasts the mood of the song you're singing. It shows that you have a wide range of emotions.

Hope that helped.... o_O

I e-mailed SM about the lyricist thing... they haven't e-mailed back yet and I sent it like a week ago. I was wondering if you guys got your application back? And how long did it take for them to reply?

My friend chickened out on me -_- I will have to carry her to NYC...

Guest Ella_Kwan

I don't think they won't accept you because you're older then most applicants... In fact, I think that might put you in favor because the people auditioning will be slightly less experienced (I'm not saying that experience comes with age, but I can find very few 12 year olds who'll match up to an 18 year old who practiced hard) Also, just because groups like TVXQ and Super Junior has younger members doesn't mean they're looking for the youngest people. If they have to pick between an 18 year old and a 15 year old, they will most likely pick the 18 year old because the 15 year old has plenty of time to audition over and over again.

Showing that you can sing AND act is very important. You're multi-talented- why not show it? I would definately tell them at the auditions. It's a showcase of your best talents. When my friend goes to try out for a musical or something, he shows them a little extra- like his ability to speak 3 languages fluently, his talents in card tricks, juggling and some other random stuff. Everyone trying out for singing will be able to sing- not everyone will be able to act.

If you're looking for some ways to calm your nerve down, there are plenty of websites devoted to tips for aspiring actors and actresses. My suggestion would be to practice your lines so frequently that there is no way you'll mess up. Something as simple as just knowing your lines perfectly will do wonders. Also, build up your confidence by practicing in front of people- even people you don't know. If you go to school and there's a drama club, ask the people there for comments. If you're going straight from singing to acting, I suggest you take a little break to recollect yourself and get in to character. I'd also suggest picking a monologue that contrasts the mood of the song you're singing. It shows that you have a wide range of emotions.

Hope that helped.... o_O

I e-mailed SM about the lyricist thing... they haven't e-mailed back yet and I sent it like a week ago. I was wondering if you guys got your application back? And how long did it take for them to reply?

My friend chickened out on me -_- I will have to carry her to NYC...

Thanks for the advice!! :)

It made me feel better about being older & stuff... lol thanks....

I told them that i'm going to sing but i have an idea on how i can incorpate acting in it... lol thanks again!!!!!!!!

Archived