SM AUDITION - New York

Guest Ella_Kwan

Guest vivosergirl

Hey guys. I sent in a question over the e-mail because I want to try out as a lyricist but I wasn't sure if they were looking for any during this world tour audition thing... But I haven't got a reply letter and it's been a while. If they said "no", I was going to audition for singing with my original song... but it's so confusing because they haven't written anything back yet and I heard most people got a reply letter back in about 2 weeks.

Since people can audition for multi-categories, should I just send in an application trying out as singer and writer?

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

dont be scared.. the rush of performing is the best feeling ever :) if you scared then you probably wont make it either <_<

and vivo whats a lyricist?

WOW!! this is sooo kool. I sent in my email application already, i was wondering how many days it days it will takes them to get back to you..? They prolly get like millions email a day. lol.

anyway, I just hope they will pick a good location in NY, like a place where I will know how to get there. lol. it soo nice that we can allll meeet up~!!!! =]

Guest vivosergirl

Soompi ate my reply -_-

dont be scared.. the rush of performing is the best feeling ever :) if you scared then you probably wont make it either <_<

and vivo whats a lyricist?

Lyricist: Someone who writes words (or lyrics) to the song....

I always thought it was a real word.... is it a real word? I'm not even sure anymore...

WOW!! this is sooo kool. I sent in my email application already, i was wondering how many days it days it will takes them to get back to you..? They prolly get like millions email a day. lol.

anyway, I just hope they will pick a good location in NY, like a place where I will know how to get there. lol. it soo nice that we can allll meeet up~!!!! =]

I sent in my application yesterday and I got a form letter today telling me that my application was accepted and the time and location will be announced soon. Wow, it was pretty quick- only 1 day. But they still haven't answered the question I e-mailed ages ago... Well, it won't be too important...

----

EDIT: They sent me back the answer to the question I sent.... I guess they're starting to answer letters faster and stuff...

I sent in my application yesterday and I got a form letter today telling me that my application was accepted and the time and location will be announced soon. Wow, it was pretty quick- only 1 day. But they still haven't answered the question I e-mailed ages ago... Well, it won't be too important...

----

EDIT: They sent me back the answer to the question I sent.... I guess they're starting to answer letters faster and stuff...

WOW!! realllly?! that is fast!! well, lucky you! :)

I still havent heard from them.....maybe I dont have a chance.... :tears:

BTW: what type of pic did you sent in? like whole body pic or just face or photoshoped type....? im just curious.

Guest vivosergirl

WOW!! realllly?! that is fast!! well, lucky you! :)

I still havent heard from them.....maybe I dont have a chance.... :tears:

BTW: what type of pic did you sent in? like whole body pic or just face or photoshoped type....? im just curious.

I took a picture of my face... It wasn't one of my bext pictures but I liked it because there was no way there could be any doubt of ANY retouching with photoshop or whatever. I didn't have any good body shots. But if you do, I suggest sending that one in.

Guest Ella_Kwan

It doesnt matter what picture you send them, they dont really have time to look at your stuff, they just print it out & see where you are going to audition at & put you there...

If you still dint get a reply, then send it again... :)

I LOVVVVVVVVVVVVVE THE RUSH YOU GET WHEN YOU AUDITION FOR ANYTHING!!! OR LIKE YOUR JUST ABOUT TO PREFORM & YOUR SMILING LIKE FREAKEN CRAZY!!! LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!

Guest StrawberryMango

i was wondering if anyone wanted to meet up before the actual auditions to help each other and what not

i was thinking that maybe we could comment on each others talents and give suggestions on how to improve

just a thought :D

Guest babiiecake

man i`d love to meet up with people .. cause i`m really gonna do some help with this haha .. but it has to be a place where i can go .. haha .. strict parents and all .. i`m only 14 but i`m auditioning .. l o l

age isn`t a factor for the audition right ? l o l

Guest StrawberryMango

babiiecake- i dont think so.. SM likes their stars young and old.. i don't think they have an age limit xP and some place where you could go.. hrmm... where are you allowed to go??

ella kwan- meeting up in the city?? that'll prolly be best but i dont really know the city all that well so it'll be really hard for me to name somewhere where we could meet up ><;; ... it'll also be hard for me to get there.. but I'll find a way xPP

Guest babiiecake

hmm .. well it depends for me .. and it depends on where all of you are from so i know the distance of where the meeting place would end up being .. i`m from the bronx and it takes a pretty long time to get to the city by train .. and i`m not so familiar with it myself .. grr

and thanks for answering my question ^_^

Guest BboyOrion

What kind of picture have you sent in? I don't no whether to do just a face picture or a whole body? and will the audition be held in the city? cause that would be nice.

Guest vivosergirl

hmm .. well it depends for me .. and it depends on where all of you are from so i know the distance of where the meeting place would end up being .. i`m from the bronx and it takes a pretty long time to get to the city by train .. and i`m not so familiar with it myself .. grr

I'm pretty sure I heard from somewhere that SM will have a waiting room/hall thing going on in their auditions... How about designating an area there? All us soompiers will just meet together ^-^ Just out of curiousity, which part of NY do you live in? Like... borough, I guess? I used to live in Queens but I moved to Long Island...

What kind of picture have you sent in? I don't no whether to do just a face picture or a whole body? and will the audition be held in the city? cause that would be nice.

If you can, I suggest an upper-body shot... But just a nice headshot will do. I really don't think they care too much. It might be just to ID you at the auditions -_- I'm pretty sure that the audition is going to be held somewhere in the city.

Guest StrawberryMango

np :D if you worried about not being familiar with the city, maybe you could find another audition around your area that does know the city, and you could go to the meeting place together?? just a thought.. cause I don't know the area all the well either and it'll take at least an hour and a half to get there if theres no traffic so i was hoping that I could meet up with someone from the NJ area before going.. idn..

i think it'll be a lot easier to talk about this over aim or msn though

so if you or anyone else have time, my sn is sjx382 and my msn is lalalandO_o@hotmail.com

my away ms might be up but I'm most probably at thecomputer so just ignore it :D

Guest shyxlovex3

das a cool idea lolll

practicing togetherr~ lol

question.. if i say that i would audition for both singing and acting..

what if i choose not to audition for acting? hmm..

would they take points off? ^^;

Guest vivosergirl

das a cool idea lolll

practicing togetherr~ lol

question.. if i say that i would audition for both singing and acting..

what if i choose not to audition for acting? hmm..

would they take points off? ^^;

EH? You mean that you wrote on your on-line application that you're trying out for both? I really think the on-line application is to help approximate how many people will try out for which categories so that they can schedule this better... I'm pretty sure that they won't care about what we sent on-line. A lot of people will end up switching/adding/subtracting categories in the application that they fill out THAT DAY.

Archived