Guest purpleZ

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

bloc.gif

New Romantic Drama Aiming to Top Period Piece

By Han Sang-hee

Staff Reporter

The upcoming drama "The Woman Who Still Wants To Marry" on MBC is gearing up for a fierce competition against "The Slave Hunters" (KBS), which holds the top position in ratings for the Wednesday and Thursday drama slot.

"The Woman Who Still Wants To Marry" is the sequel to the popular drama "The Woman Who Wants To Marry" that aired six years ago. Created by Kim Min-sik, the producer of the hit drama "My Wife is a Superwoman" last year, the drama is aiming to recreate the stylish and confident women from the American television series "Sex and the City" in Seoul.

The period drama "The Slave Hunters", on the other hand, has captivated fans with not only its catchy storyline of the charismatic slaves and hunters, but also the chiseled and handsome characters. Marking 30 percent in ratings after airing only four episodes, the series starring Jang Hyeok and Oh Ji-ho will be hard to beat.

Yet, "The Woman Who Still Wants To Marry" is targeting young, determined females who are in need of a trendy drama they can connect with.

"There are so many successful and professional women in our workplace, but these 20 to 30 somethings don't have the chance to love. This drama is particularly for them", Park Jin-hee, who will appear as broadcast reporter Lee Sin-young, said during a press conference last week.

The series features three independent women _ Lee, interpreter Jeong Da-jeong played by actress Eom Ji-won and restaurant consultant Kim Bu-gi portrayed by Wang Bit-na _ and their quest for true love.

Lee breaks up with her boyfriend of 10 years, and meets a troubled musician, Ha Min-jae, played by Kim Beom, the former F4 member from "Boys over Flowers". While Lee and Ha start pushing and pulling on each other's emotions, Jeong gets married to the almost perfect husband, Na Ban-seok, but realizes that tying the knot does not mean finding true love. Na will be played by "My Wife is a Superwoman" co-star Choi Cheol-ho. Meanwhile, Kim is done with love and focuses on her career, but when she finds a baby on her doorstep, she struggles to cope with the nostalgia of her glory days.

"We are having so much fun shooting the show and I hope the viewers will get to feel our excitement. (The drama) is filled with humor and the problems of everyday women", said Eom, who is returning to the small screen after seven years.

Having three independent and distinctive female characters may work as a burden for the show's male actors, but Kim Bum equally expressed his excitement of being on the show.

"My character from `Boys over Flowers' enjoyed being in love; he was romantic and smooth. But Ha is someone who doesn't show his feelings. He's open to possibilities yet mysterious when it comes to revealing his emotions".

The story may be fictional, but meeting the love of your life is not easy even for the glamorous actresses.

"Of course, I wonder why it's so hard to date!" the currently single Park said. "My first answer would be because we pursue the life of an actress, which makes it hard to meet people. The biggest problem for us is that our chances of meeting new people are very restricted. The second reason would be the stereotypes. People think actresses are snobby and difficult, and this is an obstacle". She added that she was afraid to date when she was younger.

"I sympathize with the lines. I find myself in tears just saying them.

"One of the lines that I remember the most was `useless expectations bring hope and with hope you easily get hurt. If he is not the one for me, take my yearning heart away with him'. I just broke into tears".

Despite the ongoing speculation regarding the two dramas, viewers will get to enjoy the overall competition as the two are drastically different: One masculine and rough, the other trendy and romantic.

"My knees shook when I saw the ratings for `The Slave Hunters'. If 'The Slave Hunters' hunt for slaves, I guess that leaves us with no choice. We will be hunting for The Slave Hunters this year", the producer Kim said.

"The Woman Who Still Wants To Marry" starts airing tonight at 9:55 p.m. on MBC.

cast1.jpg

Translation for Cast Character

Lee Sinyoung (34 years old, Park Jinhee)

Why does life only give me hard homework? Even now at my age I just lose my way and get lost. Whatever just hand me my eyecream.

Reporter of UBN broadcasting company. Faithful and sincere type. The first-round possible lay-off person in company. Even if she is not married she is still positive and bright.

She almost could have married with a man whom she met again during interview, whom she actually met 10 years ago during her university life. But her love failed again because of her chance of training at Washington. After she came back from Washington 2 years passed, and she got his marriage news. After several heartbreaking failures, she decided to devote herself to work only. But a stroke made all her plan mess-up. Her mouth got twisted and her heart was once again torn off. She had feelings for the doctor whom she met when she was getting treated, but sadly a misinterpretation happened when she got a chocolate from him. Therefore her love ended tragically like that..

While she was despairing about her own life, the man appeared. Every part of him looked nice. Romance which it would be my first, Love which it would be my last. However, he is 10 years younger than me. Should I go or stop… Oh this hard road of love….

This drama is pretty good...

I really want to contribute to this thread but don't have much time...I'll try to stop by whenever I can.

Some pictures from episode 1...

wwm1n1.jpg

wwm1n2.jpg

wwm1n3.jpg

wwm1n4.jpg

wwm1n5.jpg

wwm1n6.jpg

wwm1n7.jpg

wwm1n8.jpg

wwm1n9.jpg

wwm1n10.jpg

wwm1n11.jpg

wwm1n12.jpg

Last part of episode 1...pictures posted earlier here:

http://www.soompi.com/forums/index.php?sho...&p=15315277

Or click on these links:

http://img62.imageshack.us/img62/1261/wwm1n13.jpg

http://img109.imageshack.us/img109/9223/wwm1n14.jpg

From The Woman who stiil wants to marry Thread!

Thanks for the pics!

Guest purpleZ

Park Jin Hee looked beautiful in the Olivia Hassler Spring Collection Photoshoot. Thanks for sharing, JEYEF

And thanks for sharing the Episode 3 preview, kim_bum_so_eun. Can't wait :D

(01-25-10)

1_L_1264387078.jpg

INTERNET TEANSLATION

Park Jin-hee, who we gave him the fans 'haengboknyeo' nickname Topics

Park Jin-hee of the actors in the community has a pretty smile.

박진희가 최근 새 드라마를 통해 열혈 방송기자로 분해 주목을 받고 있는 가운데, 팬들이 붙여준 기분 좋은 미소를 가지고 있는 여배우라는 의미의 '행복녀'라는 애칭이 화제가 되고 있다. Recently a new drama with Park Jin-hee is decomposed into a broadcast journalist adoring attention of the fans feel that her idea to have a nice smile and a sense of the actress 'haengboknyeo' is the nickname of this topic. 온라인상에는 "박진희는 언제나 당당하고 자신있는 미소를 팬들에게 보여준다. 그의 미소는 보는 사람으로 하여금 행복한 마음을 심어준다. 행복녀라는 애칭이 잘 어울린다."는 반응을 보이고 있다. Online statues, "Park Jin-hee has always proudly shows his fans a smile. His smile is just happy to see their hearts planted to give people happiness.'s A good nickname and women." The response said.

이에 관해, 서울물방울치과 김진환 원장은 "박진희씨의 미소는 상대방에게 기분좋은 이미지를 선사해 준다. 팬들이 만들어준 '행복녀'라는 애칭이 잘 어울린다."고 말했다. This regard, the Director gimjinhwan Seoul dental water, "Park Jin-hee to the other person's smile gives walkers a lovely image. That makes the fans 'haengboknyeo' moniker, it looks good." He said.

김 원장은 이어 "박진희씨는 서글서글한 눈과 함께 가지런한 치아 배열을 통해 완벽한 미소를 가지고 있다."며, "최근에는 방학을 맞아 청소년들과 직장인들이 덧니와 울퉁불퉁한 치아를 교정하는 사례가 많아졌다. 특히, 호감을 주는 미소를 만들기 위해 치아교정과 미백과 같은 심미적인 치료를 받기를 원한다. 박진희씨가 새 드라마를 통해 팬들과 만나면서 앞으로 그의 행복한 미소에 대한 관심은 더욱 높아질 것으로 보인다."는 소견을 덧붙였다. President Kim, the year, "Park Jin Hee gajireonhan with his eyes and teeth seogeulseogeulhan array has a perfect smile." Said, "In recent years the right vacation with youth workers, and snaggletooth to correct uneven teeth were many cases . Specifically, to create a pleasant smile, teeth whitening, such as corrective and aesthetic treatments you want to receive. Mr. Park Jin-hee to meet fans and a new drama with a happy smile, while his interest in the future more likely to increase. "The findings you said.

박진희의 행복한 미소에 대해 방송계와 영화계 관계자들도 공통된 의견을 보이고 있다. Park Jin-hee's happy smile for the broadcast and film industry officials said they shared that opinion.

실제로 박진희와 함께 드라마와 영화를 함께 한 관계자들은 "악조건의 촬영장 환경 속에서도 언제나 밝은 미소를 선보이며, 지친 스태프들에게 힘과 활력소를 주는 연기자이다. 아울러 그의 미소는 보는 사람으로 하여금 기분을 상쾌하고 행복하게 해준다."는 평가를 내리고 있다. In fact, dramas and movies along with Park Jin-hee, and one officials "always smiles even in harsh environments with the introduction of the set, tired staff, giving them power and fuel is stalling. As well as his smile to see their people happy and makes you feel refreshing ., "the ratings are down.

한편, 박진희는 새 MBC 수목 드라마 '아직도 결혼하고 싶은 여자'에서 열혈 방송기자 역을 맡았다. Meanwhile, Park Jin-hee the new MBC drama series' still want to marry her, portrays the passionate journalist. 그는 극 중 김범과 함께 멜로 연기를 보여줄 예정이다. The dramatic act of the melodrama, along with Kim Bum is going to show.

첫 방송 이후 드라마 게시판에는 "박진희의 활동적이고 긍정적인 미소를 다시 보게 되어 반갑다. 아울러 김범과 어떤 로맨스를 만들어 낼 지 기대가 된다."는 반응을 보이고 있다. Since the first broadcast TV bulletin, "Park Jin-hee of the active and positive to see you again see you smile. In addition, Kim Bum and make some romance, a pond is expected." The response said.

팬들에게 기분좋은 미소로 행복한 마음을 심어주고 있는 박진희가 새 드라마를 통해 어떤 활발한 연예계적 행보를 걸을 지 귀추가 주목된다. Fans happy with a lovely smile, your mind is feeding a new drama with Park Jin-hee yeonyegyejeok some exciting moves after the walk is gwichu the attention. <진해 투데이> "Today Jinhae"

Olivia Hassler Spring Collection Photoshoot

20100122000651_r.jpg

Park Jin Hee looks tired and exhausted in this pic.

But she still manged to give that authentic smile, truly a professional model/actress!

Archived