16 hours ago, YouwinJH said:

He also mentioned a HW project. My guess is Rush Hour 4, which is in development. He's already met Brett and he's also following another guy associated with the franchise. It's between him and Ma Dong-seok I suspect. Stiff competition but I hope he gets it

But both of them are so different in physique.. I dont think they will be competing for the same role??

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Prettysup said:

But both of them are so different in physique.. I dont think they will be competing for the same role??

That's a good point.

But villain roles in action movies are rarely ever fleshed out. You're just a bad guy and there to create trouble for the leads.

Didn't JH also say in one of the old Gym KJK videos around the time he was promoting The Killer that he needed to gain weight? And on the press con for the Mongolia show KJK kept feeling him up

And I don't think they cast according to weight class. Otherwise someone like Jackie has no business fighting MDS. Their fighting styles are also different

Again it's purely guesswork re RH 4. I'm hoping it's more than a coincidence he met with Brett and is following on IG another person affiliated with it. The only other HW connection is with Mark Shaw, whom he met with recently

• Like 1

@dramafan33 can't say I've looked into him much. Perhaps some passing comments here and there. Surprising he still has the platform to work and that's a problem with HW as a whole. Even though the bullying and trolling in SK is crazy at least people have the shame (no choice really!) to withdraw from public life if they've done something wrong 

Not sure JH has the resources to do a proper due diligence on people in HW. Nor do I think he's going to be particularly choosy to start - though I hope he is!

That said, it's all merely speculation on my part and might not amount to anything 

• Like 1

He's going to be one of the guests in a new tvN show.

tvN's 'Truth or Settlement: An Elegant Life (Director Dae-hyun Kwon)' (hereinafter referred to as 'Elegant Life'), which will be aired for the first time at 8:40 pm on Friday, April 26th, asks you to guess whether the daily lives of celebrities who lead unique lives are truth or a set-up. An observation and reasoning entertainment program.

The production team unveiled the guest lineup along with the second teaser video on the 5th. Kim Ui-seong, Go Jun-hee, Jang Hyuk, Choi Daniel, Park Jin-hee, Choo Seong-hoon, Park Tae-hwan, Ku Hye-sun, Hong Jin-ho, Park Jun-hyung, Hwang Bo-ra, Jin Yong-jin, Freesia Yoo, Ki Eun-se, Julien Kang, and JJ attracted attention by posting their names.

Elegant Life' is an observational and mystery entertainment program that asks you to guess whether the daily lives of celebrities who lead unique lives are true or fake. Special guests will appear and show a different side.

While the viewers' reasoning skills are expected to be activated through the guests' daily lives that they have never seen before, viewers are curious about who will be the star who will charm everyone with his elegant acting and who will give a twist to his real life.

In addition, the released second teaser video is attracting attention with the passionate reactions of MCs Jeon Hyun-moo, Kyuhyun, and Mimi, who will watch the guests' videos and determine their authenticity. Jeon Hyun-moo laughed and said, “This is my first time seeing something like that on TV,” stimulating curiosity about the dynamic appearances of the stars we will meet through ‘Elegant Life.’

Kyuhyun then presses the buzzer in disbelief, saying, “Don’t talk nonsense,” and Mimi also makes a puzzled expression, saying, “You’re actually doing this?”, heightening her interest. In addition, the reactions of the three people, “Living a life like that?”, “It’s like a drama”, and “Oh my god”, make people look forward to the first broadcast of ‘Elegant Life’, which will activate reasoning skills with unbelievable truths and drama-like settings.

tvN's 'Truth or Setting: An Elegant Life', a new unreality show in the midst of a flood of reality entertainment, will premiere at 8:40 pm on Friday, April 26.

https://n.news.naver.com/entertain/article/629/0000278995

• Like 3

Interesting survey.. 

https://www.stardailynews.co.kr/news/articleView.html?idxno=444216

First, in a survey of interest in Jang Hyuk by age, it was confirmed that he is popular with people in their 30s, with a high interest rate of 28%.

This data shows a preference for ‘Jang Hyuk’ in certain age groups.

Next, in the analysis of gender interest, it was revealed that men showed greater interest in Jang Hyuk at a rate of 55%.

This shows the difference in preference between genders for Jang Hyuk.

.The daily change trend chart for Jang Hyuk obtained through this analysis vividly reveals how interest in Jang Hyuk has changed.

This chart is an indicator that allows you to intuitively understand Jang Hyuk's popularity volatility over time.

Rankify's analysis was based on big data and closely identified overall social interest and preferences for Jang Hyuk.

In addition, related search terms such as Jang Hyuk's wife, Jang Hyuk's movie, Jang Hyuk's Jang Na-ra, Jang Hyuk's drama, and Jang Hyuk-jin are receiving a lot of attention, providing interesting insights into the direction of development of Jang Hyuk-related trends.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, azureblue7 said:

tvN's 'Truth or Settlement: An Elegant Life (Director Dae-hyun Kwon)' (hereinafter referred to as 'Elegant Life'), which will be aired for the first time at 8:40 pm on Friday, April 26th, asks you to guess whether the daily lives of celebrities who lead unique lives are truth or a set-up. An observation and reasoning entertainment program.

Finally some news

• LOL 1

On 4/5/2024 at 11:05 AM, azureblue7 said:

The production team unveiled the guest lineup along with the second teaser video on the 5th. Kim Ui-seong, Go Jun-hee, Jang Hyuk, Choi Daniel, Park Jin-hee, Choo Seong-hoon, Park Tae-hwan, Ku Hye-sun, Hong Jin-ho, Park Jun-hyung, Hwang Bo-ra, Jin Yong-jin, Freesia Yoo, Ki Eun-se, Julien Kang, and JJ attracted attention by posting their names.

Elegant Life' is an observational and mystery entertainment program that asks you to guess whether the daily lives of celebrities who lead unique lives are true or fake. Special guests will appear and show a different side.

While the viewers' reasoning skills are expected to be activated through the guests' daily lives that they have never seen before, viewers are curious about who will be the star who will charm everyone with his elegant acting and who will give a twist to his real life.

In addition, the released second teaser video is attracting attention with the passionate reactions of MCs Jeon Hyun-moo, Kyuhyun, and Mimi, who will watch the guests' videos and determine their authenticity. Jeon Hyun-moo laughed and said, “This is my first time seeing something like that on TV,” stimulating curiosity about the dynamic appearances of the stars we will meet through ‘Elegant Life.’

Kyuhyun then presses the buzzer in disbelief, saying, “Don’t talk nonsense,” and Mimi also makes a puzzled expression, saying, “You’re actually doing this?”, heightening her interest. In addition, the reactions of the three people, “Living a life like that?”, “It’s like a drama”, and “Oh my god”, make people look forward to the first broadcast of ‘Elegant Life’, which will activate reasoning skills with unbelievable truths and drama-like settings.

tvN's 'Truth or Setting: An Elegant Life', a new unreality show in the midst of a flood of reality entertainment, will premiere at 8:40 pm on Friday, April 26.

https://n.news.naver.com/entertain/article/629/0000278995

The MC here is the same MC from the Stunt double show, right?

Edited by gm4queen
Please don't quote tweets! Thanks!
  • Like 2

Interesting survey.. 

https://www.stardailynews.co.kr/news/articleView.html?idxno=444216

First, in a survey of interest in Jang Hyuk by age, it was confirmed that he is popular with people in their 30s, with a high interest rate of 28%.

This data shows a preference for ‘Jang Hyuk’ in certain age groups.

Next, in the analysis of gender interest, it was revealed that men showed greater interest in Jang Hyuk at a rate of 55%.

This shows the difference in preference between genders for Jang Hyuk.

.The daily change trend chart for Jang Hyuk obtained through this analysis vividly reveals how interest in Jang Hyuk has changed.

This chart is an indicator that allows you to intuitively understand Jang Hyuk's popularity volatility over time.

Rankify's analysis was based on big data and closely identified overall social interest and preferences for Jang Hyuk.

In addition, related search terms such as Jang Hyuk's wife, Jang Hyuk's movie, Jang Hyuk's Jang Na-ra, Jang Hyuk's drama, and Jang Hyuk-jin are receiving a lot of attention, providing interesting insights into the direction of development of Jang Hyuk-related trends.

Kinda corresponds with what we know. Since JH is not flirty at all in interviews and shows that he appears in, I think this explains why young women are not too much into him. I remember when MC was being shown, I often saw tweets from young women almost offended that JH as BW was making them feel things... Hot things... :D 

As to men liking him more- this clearly is due to his acting and action. Even in shows that he came across as sexy, that was never his intention, so it doesn't turn guys off. Also- Chuno has a lot to do with why men love him. I don't undersand why but young Korean men love chuno.

• Like 1
  • Awesome 1

2 hours ago, Biology Lesson said:

Yep it is. He's a genuine friend I suspect. I remember him hugging JH when he won an award for MF I think? Or it might have been earlier...

Anyway, goose dad loading in 3 2 1...(I mean it in jest though can't say my eyeballs will be interested in this!) Here's hoping the new drama or film project is announced soon

52 minutes ago, Biology Lesson said:

Kinda corresponds with what we know. Since JH is not flirty at all in interviews and shows that he appears in, I think this explains why young women are not too much into him. I remember when MC was being shown, I often saw tweets from young women almost offended that JH as BW was making them feel things... Hot things... :D 

As to men liking him more- this clearly is due to his acting and action. Even in shows that he came across as sexy, that was never his intention, so it doesn't turn guys off. Also- Chuno has a lot to do with why men love him. I don't undersand why but young Korean men love chuno.

I wonder who commissioned the survey and why? If JH was involved in getting it done, I'd say that's good market insight to have. 

Is the 28% the overall interest in him across both men and women in their 30s? Don't have other data to compare to so can't say if it's low or high relative to other actors. Doesn't seem high to me

If there is anything to do to boost his appeal to women in their 30s, I think it's a good demographic to target. It would certainly help him win projects in genres other than action

• Insightful 1

3 hours ago, Biology Lesson said:

Haha! Yes he is.

2 hours ago, Biology Lesson said:

Maybe it has also got to do with his manly image. He's not the pretty boy kind of actor though I think he can be pretty too.. 

1 hour ago, YouwinJH said:

Anyway, goose dad loading in 3 2 1...(I mean it in jest though can't say my eyeballs will be interested in this!) Here's hoping the new drama or film project is announced soon

Hahaha! I think as fans we should be able to tell which real life JH is fake. Unless he's going to reveal something new about him...

• Like 2

Hahaha! I think as fans we should be able to tell which real life JH is fake. Unless he's going to reveal something new about him...

I don't want to know anything new unless it's about an acting project. Seriously, maybe because I'm being bombarded with casting news everywhere, it's a little sad not seeing his name across any lineup. SBS, TvN, etc. have released their lineup  though not sure if it covers the whole of the year or just the first half

Factoring shoots, post production etc, it might be another year until he graces our screens again. I could be wrong

As the only actor I stan atm, I have a laser focus on him so it is dreadful when things are so quiet. And I'm not interested in variety shows unless it's something like Urban Cops where he gets to learn a new skill. Thankfully I have two shows from Lee Minki to look forward to and hopefully Gyeongseong Creature 2 at the end of the year. They're welcomed distractions

• Sad 1

I ran into this video of the new James Bond practicing his shooting in the same range JH went to when went to the US, as Keanu Reaves did before him. I guess that place is that popular or good... And that made me think- what about if JH appeared in the next James bond? It's not that far fetched as James Bond will usually feature several badies...

https://www.google.com/support/accounts/bin/answer.py?answer=181692

BTW- I heard a movie commentator saying that due to the recent box office dissasters that Hollywood has been having, it stands to reason that Hollywood would to turn to making more and more action movies, as they are relatively cheap and have higher chances of making money. If this is true- then JH's timing is perfect!

OT- in the mean time I tried watching a show called Night Light, mainly due to Lee Yo-Won as I liked her in My Horrible Boss and I was kinda hoping that she will do another project with JH as she seems such a unique actress for Korea- not the usual cutesy actress. At first I liked it, but to my surprise not because of her, but rather due to the other FL. However, as the show continued I got more and more bored and dissappointed by Lee Yo-Won's acting, as it was identical to her acting in My Horrible Boss! Her lack of expression and tough exterior got more and more tedious, as well as her "smarter than everyone" character. I tried to tough it out, but finally I gave up.:unsure: If this is her acting range- I hope JH has no further projects with her :crazy:... when I checked the comments on the show, I was surprised to find quite a few that said that the show was boring. 

My reaction to her kinda reminded me of Jo Jung-suk. At first I liked his acting in Oh my ghost, but then, once I tried to watch other shows he did, I realized his acting never changes, and I dropped him.

• Like 1

EVENT: Noona Romances with the BEST Chemistry

NR_6.jpg&f=1&nofb=1&ipt=1f96a09915e084d3

Noona romances - love them or hate them - do let us know which couples with an age gap had the best chemistry. :glasses:

Your Event Organizers

I's like to think he's hinting at something, but we already know sometimes he's just being random :D So who knows if this post is a hint or not... 

I checked the language in these posters and it looks like they are in Polish... Is he in Poland?

And what is this painting? Do any of you recognize it?!