Finally I've seen the Radio star episode, and I loved it! :) Indeed there was not much new in it, except  when one of the guests, the one that was the eunuch in BH, said that JH wasn't supposed to do action in the show, and that the fancy sword twirl JH did was not actually in the script. Originally, JH was supposed to just look at the sword! 😁JH defended himself saying that he doesn't do action just to do action, and that he does it only when the character wrrants it. And then he again said that he's not an action actor, but a melo actor :D

The show was so much fun! JH was at ease, talkative and funny, and very friendly! One of the other guests, Min Jae, did Urban Cops with JH- he was very reserved and spoke several time about his principles, refusing to do anything entertaining, so,  after JH so willingly and hilariously went along with every request the MCs made and more, it was funny how he said to Min Jae, pretending to be offended: "hey! you need to speak too!" and "I have opinions too, I have priciples too! Do you think I lack  principles?!!" Which made Min Jae actually smile and stroke JH's back. JH is so sharp and funny! And that's the way he makes every one feel at ease and included. When he spoke, he constantly refered to the other guys and actually listened to what they were saying. As to the younger 4th guest, he was clearly a JH fan- Inspired by JH he wants to also do action, so he started learning TKD. And the impression of JH he did? it was from Tomb of the River, which surprised me :) 

If you haven't watched it yet- I highly recommend that you do! 

• Love 1
  • Thanks 2

@Biology Lesson my assertions are largely to do with the fact that I was trying to find crumbs to like about The Killer. I think it's a losing battle. I have to accept that I just didn't like it. The reference to Hunger Games (I can liken it to films like Chronicles of Riddick or even Star Trek, GoT (all of which I have seen) because the ideas, themes, scale are the same imo). HG came to mind at that moment in time. It is just a way to rationalise the scale of JH's action vision and why imo the story felt like a let down

I have seen the first JW movie but passively. It's all in the vein of Taken, Equaliser and Man from Nowhere anyway (all of which I've seen). I can't say I paid much attention to the action choreography nor did I think it deserved a hommage. I'll look at it again if it's on any of the platforms I subscribe to. It might help me understand The Killer more or not

I don't have a problem with JH having a style, but as I said previously I just don't know what it is. The Killer didn't make it any clearer to me as it is a fusion of different styles. And aside from the bus fight, which looked almost unchoreographed in a good way, there was no other noteworthy fights in Family. And I'm glad you mentioned Bad Papa because it is illustrative of the point I'm trying to make. They went for the stylish thing (won't blame JH for it since I don't know how much influence he had on the action choreography) instead of doing something that's raw and bloody (and more in keeping with MMA fights), which I believed was called for. It could also be because BP was a fusion of genres, just like Family and maybe they needed to balance things out to appeal to a wider audience. But I agree the fights were incredibly underwhelming - a case of style over substance

I recently saw the boxing film Dito and the fights too were unimpressive to me (like it didn't even look as if the punches were landing except when he was training with a punching bag). But there was more to the story even though I didn't like it either. On the other hand, Blood Hounds had great fights but the overall story was also underwhelming

The reason I referred to Jackie C, Steven Segal, etc is because they have discernible styles. I am familiar with Keanu's other works and though I like how uncontroversial and unassuming he is, let's face it he's not the most versatile actor out there. Hence my supposition about his action style. I've seen him in The Matrix, Constantine and Speed so I do have a sense of what he does / can do in the action genre (granted there was a lot of CGI in the Matrix movies)

I have been watching YT videos of jeet kun do and the technical aspects of it are quite interesting. If JH wasn't doing the commercial / stylish thing (it's his perogative!), I'd quite like to see him do more technical fights that incorporates the full spectrum of his jeet kun do skills. Rather I feel he is underplaying/ dumbing down his own skills just to appeal to a mass audience (it makes sense if you're trying to go the commercial route which is what showbiz is all about). Again it's my opinion and he will defo do as he pleases. I can also acknowledge that he's also finding his feet. It will be interesting to see what he does next with his action projects (I'm writing off the Poca album because he was experimenting with a new medium and as you say everyone does group fights (and few do it well)). Just as there is an audience for swordplay / samurai type films, I'm sure there is an audience for jeet kun do. Bruce Lee is still famous after all. Equally, there is also an audience for the fusion stuff that JH is doing because people appreciate the familiar either because it's on trend or for the nostalgia. Regardless of the path he takes, I hope he gets a BO hit because at the end of the day that's what creates new opportunities. It's a bonus if I like it but I'm really not his target audience

Oh thanks for reminding me that I need to continue / finish Person of Interest. I started it last year but got sidetracked

I need to watch that film in the first clip. If you do like brutal fights, there are some fights in Blood Hounds you might like

7 hours ago, YouwinJH said:

Oh thanks for reminding me that I need to continue / finish Person of Interest. I started it last year but got sidetracked

Oh, in that case I will warn you- The two first seasons were great, but from the third season, the show goes down hill. Essentially it becomes a glorified "Supernatural". I would suggest not watching season 4, and avoid at all cost season 5. I did...:phew:

7 hours ago, YouwinJH said:

I need to watch that film in the first clip. If you do like brutal fights, there are some fights in Blood Hounds you might like

The name of the movie is "never back down". It's actually a pretty good movie.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Biology Lesson said:

Finally I've seen the Radio star episode, and I loved it! :) Indeed there was not much new in it, except  when one of the guests, the one that was the eunuch in BH, said that JH wasn't supposed to do action in the show, and that the fancy sword twirl JH did was not actually in the script. Originally, JH was supposed to just look at the sword! 😁JH defended himself saying that he doesn't do action just to do action, and that he does it only when the character wrrants it. And then he again said that he's not an action actor, but a melo actor :D

Ah, I didnt realised that guy was the eunuch in BH, no wonder he looks so familiar

• LOL 2

EVENT: Scrap That Ending - My OTP Should Have Ended Up Together (instead)!

second-lead-syndrome-sls.gif

Which kdramas ended up with the "wrong" couple in the end? Why should YOUR OTP have gotten a happy ending instead?

second-lead-syndrome-sls.gif

Your Event Organizers

PS. Hey my Jang Hyuk gang! :waves: Chuno IS included in the event.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Biology Lesson said:

Shine or go crazy should also be included :D

Give me the details, chingu, and I will add it! Who was shipped with whom?

:wow1:

EDIT: Was it Honey Lee's character Hwang Bo Yeo Won with Jang Hyuk's character Wang So? Why was she preferred over Shin Yool (played by Oh Yeon Seo)?

• Like 1
  • LOL 1

1 hour ago, partyon said:

Give me the details, chingu, and I will add it! Who was shipped with whom?

:wow1:

EDIT: Was it Honey Lee's character Hwang Bo Yeo Won with Jang Hyuk's character Wang So? Why was she preferred over Shin Yool (played by Oh Yeon Seo)?

It was maybe the most dissappointing and senseless ending I've ever seen. Wang So was married to Honey Lee's character, but never touched her (it was a political marriage). also he married Shin Yool first , whom he really loved. But for some reason, after they went through many obsticles, at the end Shin Yool decided to leave and travel while he was left to his marriage with Honey Lee's character. Just like that, out of the blue. It made absolutely no sense

• Like 1
  • Shocked 1

1 hour ago, Biology Lesson said:

It was maybe the most dissappointing and senseless ending I've ever seen. Wang So was married to Honey Lee's character, but never touched her (it was a political marriage). also he married Shin Yool first , whom he really loved. But for some reason, after they went through many obsticles, at the end Shin Yool decided to leave and travel while he was left to his marriage with Honey Lee's character. Just like that, out of the blue. It made absolutely no sense

OMG ! I think I put the wrong people in the poll

Tired Sesame Street GIF by Bombay Softwares

I should have added Shin Yool and Wang Soo instead? :scream:

• LOL 2

On 3/31/2024 at 1:10 AM, partyon said:

OMG ! I think I put the wrong people in the poll

I should have added Shin Yool and Wang Soo instead? :scream:

😁Had to read the definition of the survey first... Yeah, I think you should change it to them.

As to Chuno- I admit I didn't think DG should have ended up with UY. I thought she was way too boring for who he became. I wish the show have given him a different love interest that was more... fiery :) I didn't like the other girl either, since she was too annoying

Edited by gm4queen
Please don't quote gifs! Thanks!
  • Insightful 2

13 minutes ago, Biology Lesson said:

😁Had to read the definition of the survey first... Yeah, I think you should change it to them.

Okay, changed now. While I was looking for an OTP pic, I found this one:

2c9729b2a4.png?x=b&a=0x0&s=480x270&e=t&q

Are they in a sauna? :D

• LOL 2

2 minutes ago, partyon said:

Okay, changed now. While I was looking for an OTP pic, I found this one:

Are they in a sauna? :D

No 😁 Forced into the same room, and JH's character was sore  so he wanted the other "guy" to put lotion on him :hwaiting2:

• LOL 2

10 minutes ago, Biology Lesson said:

No 😁 Forced into the same room, and JH's character was sore  so he wanted the other "guy" to put lotion on him

Lotion? He's looking a bit too happy for that....  This is a surprisingly steamy scene. For a sageuk. :D

• LOL 2

1 hour ago, partyon said:

Lotion? He's looking a bit too happy for that....  This is a surprisingly steamy scene. For a sageuk. :D

Oh, yeah! This show is actually surprisingly steamy and sexy. JH even joked and said that the FL sexually harrassed him on the show :hwaiting2:

• LOL 2

13 hours ago, Biology Lesson said:

So, filming of the new show should have started?

I don't think it should be taken in the literal sense. My best guess is probably mid to late April he starts something. Though should be announced soon if it all goes to plan - I expect some sort of official announcement from the production side even if JH is flying solo at the moment. I say this purely out of guesswork

He also mentioned a HW project. My guess is Rush Hour 4, which is in development. He's already met Brett and he's also following another guy associated with the franchise. It's between him and Ma Dong-seok I suspect. Stiff competition but I hope he gets it

• Insightful 1
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, YouwinJH said:

I don't think it should be taken in the literal sense. My best guess is probably mid to late April he starts something. Though should be announced soon if it all goes to plan - I expect some sort of official announcement from the production side even if JH is flying solo at the moment. I say this purely out of guesswork

that's all we have right, I guess :) 

6 hours ago, YouwinJH said:

He also mentioned a HW project. My guess is Rush Hour 4, which is in development. He's already met Brett and he's also following another guy associated with the franchise. It's between him and Ma Dong-seok I suspect. Stiff competition but I hope he gets it

Hmmm... Interesting... If Ma Dong-seok is involved, maybe it'll be both of them, since JH and MDS are friends?

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Biology Lesson said:

that's all we have right, I guess :) 

Hmmm... Interesting... If Ma Dong-seok is involved, maybe it'll be both of them, since JH and MDS are friends?

It's another friendship I don't necessarily hold in high regards tbh. Hence my point earlier about JH having weak networks. How many Roundup movies have there been? And JH hasn't been near any of them even with his background in action. People can be friendly without being friends. That's the category I'd place MDS and JWS

JH really does have a lot of work to do building that brand. I hope he catches a break soon

• Like 1