U should read some of the comments on some of JH fb fan page on this pic! hahaha!

loosely translate to Eng:

1. Pls don’t look at me like this, I can’t take it

2. Pls continue to look at me like that, I will eat u up! 

• Like 1
  • LOL 2

Interview article 

Jang Hyuk doesn’t need a break

20203432.jpg

The ‘Money Flower’ star on trying his best and the day he met his wife

Apr 21,2018

Actor Jang Hyuk sits for an interview with Ilgan Sports earlier this month. [ILGAN SPORTS]

Love at first sight may sound like something only seen in the movies, but for actor Jang Hyuk, it was as real as ever when he met his wife in 2002. Jang took a Pilates class for three months to ask her out after he bumped into the beautiful yoga teacher at a local fitness club. Just as determined as he was for his love, the 41-year-old actor is still willing to try out new roles to find the character that suits him best.

Until recently, Jang’s best fit had been his role hunting down runaway slaves during the Joseon dynasty (1392-1910) in the KBS drama “Chuno” (2010). This winter, however, Jang transformed himself into a money-driven lawyer who tries to get revenge, but ends up falling in love instead, in the MBC drama “Money Flower” which ran from November last year to Feb. 3 this year. He was awarded Best Actor for weekend dramas at the 2017 MBC Drama Awards, but he didn’t stop there. Without a break, he moved on to take part in the JTBC variety show “Carefree Travelers” and his next romantic comedy drama, “Wok of Love,” will start in May.

“I wanted to broaden the spectrum of my works,” said Jang. “That’s why I’m working non-stop even today. I like the mindset that I have right now, and I also think that it will become harder for me to find work when I get older.”

In an interview with Ilgan Sports, an affiliate of the Korea JoongAng Daily, Jang described the moment he fell in love with his wife and his determination as an actor. The following are edited excerpts.

Q. People are saying that “Money Flower” is the best drama you’ve done in your lifetime. How do you feel about that?

A. I feel good when I hear that. But I [always] try to do my best. The results may seem different to people on the outside, but an actor has to always tell themselves that they’re going to do their best. It doesn’t mean we always get good results, though.

It’s been more than 10 years since you last starred in a weekend drama. How was shooting “Money Flower”?

My last weekend drama was in the early 2000s. Back then, there wasn’t much difference between a weekend drama and a mini-series. But [the crew] told me that these days, everything is different from the production costs to other circumstances. Nevertheless, I wanted to be a part of a good work, whether that be a weekend or mini-series.

For instance, I had a role in the SBS drama “Midas” (2011), but I felt like that the characters were dragged along by their actions, instead of the other way around, because the incidents were so big. I wanted to try something like that again, when I could really pull it off. And with “Money Flower,” I felt like I did so.

You’re known for very masculine and tough characters. Does that feel burdensome in any way?

It’s funny actually, but I already have limitations because of my face. It’s not the kind of face that can pull all sorts of characters off. I think it’s like a life-long task for me. That tendency is getting weaker, though. 

It used to be really clear in my 20s, and a certain boundary was there until my 30s. But in the end, I think it’s good to have a strong character with your face, because you can improve yourself based on that. What’s important is how much you can mix yourself into different things using that single character.

What do your children think about having an actor as their father?

They don’t have that notion yet. They’re too young. I think that you have to be focused as an actor when you act and focus on being a father when you’re back at home. But my children will eventually get to see how passionate I am about my work when they grow up - and that I am trying to show.

Why do you choose to be private in regard to your family?

I think it’s different for everyone. I want to leave it up to them to decide. It’s not that I don’t want to show them to people, but I am willing to wait until they have their own opinions. My life has been exposed for a long time, and I’m used to it. But it could be burdensome for those who are not.

Can you tell us about the first time you met your wife?

I was at a local gym, walking down the stairs to get a shower after a workout, and my wife was coming up the stairs. It was love at first sight. I asked around to see who she was, and she was a yoga and Pilates teacher at the gym, while also working as a professional dancer. So I went and signed up for her classes. 

I was determined [to win her heart], but I didn’t ask her out immediately. It took me three months. I had to be careful, because if I just asked her right away, then she wouldn’t know what kind of person I was. It was a class of 40, and I was the only man. All the other ladies would have thought, “Why is that man here?”

What’s your wife like?

She’s deep. It’s a different kind of deep from my mother. There will come a time when one of them may leave [me], but I wish that day never comes. I think it will be too painful for me. I don’t think I will be able to live without her.

You’ve had quite a long career as an actor. Do you have any goals for the future?

I no longer play the main character in movies. I play [unique] characters, which is really important. I had been lucky enough to play the main character for a while, but a main character has to be like a main character - it’s kind of like being captain of a sports team. You have to not only play [your role], but also think about the whole atmosphere [on set]. So it’s nice to be doing a character that’s got a very attractive personality [without the responsibility]. In the future, I’d like to play the villain and broaden my spectrum. 

If you turn your eyes and look at the road behind you, then you see that there’s a different path going down the slope. But if you keep insisting on not backing down, then you are left with no other options. Everything has to come naturally.

Was it different being an actor in the 1990s?

Those were nice times. There was a certain romance to it all. Now, living as a celebrity is no easy thing. I’m past all that, and there are things that are better these days, too. The public has a clearer sense of taste, and you can change yourself to suit that.

BY HWANG SO-YOUNG [yoon.soyeon@joongang.co.kr]

http://koreajoongangdaily.joins.com/news/article/article.aspx?aid=3047240&cloc=joongangdaily|home|online

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Prettysup said:

Interview article 

Jang Hyuk doesn’t need a break

20203432.jpg

The ‘Money Flower’ star on trying his best and the day he met his wife

Apr 21,2018

Actor Jang Hyuk sits for an interview with Ilgan Sports earlier this month. [ILGAN SPORTS]

Love at first sight may sound like something only seen in the movies, but for actor Jang Hyuk, it was as real as ever when he met his wife in 2002. Jang took a Pilates class for three months to ask her out after he bumped into the beautiful yoga teacher at a local fitness club. Just as determined as he was for his love, the 41-year-old actor is still willing to try out new roles to find the character that suits him best.

Until recently, Jang’s best fit had been his role hunting down runaway slaves during the Joseon dynasty (1392-1910) in the KBS drama “Chuno” (2010). This winter, however, Jang transformed himself into a money-driven lawyer who tries to get revenge, but ends up falling in love instead, in the MBC drama “Money Flower” which ran from November last year to Feb. 3 this year. He was awarded Best Actor for weekend dramas at the 2017 MBC Drama Awards, but he didn’t stop there. Without a break, he moved on to take part in the JTBC variety show “Carefree Travelers” and his next romantic comedy drama, “Wok of Love,” will start in May.

“I wanted to broaden the spectrum of my works,” said Jang. “That’s why I’m working non-stop even today. I like the mindset that I have right now, and I also think that it will become harder for me to find work when I get older.”

In an interview with Ilgan Sports, an affiliate of the Korea JoongAng Daily, Jang described the moment he fell in love with his wife and his determination as an actor. The following are edited excerpts.

Q. People are saying that “Money Flower” is the best drama you’ve done in your lifetime. How do you feel about that?

A. I feel good when I hear that. But I [always] try to do my best. The results may seem different to people on the outside, but an actor has to always tell themselves that they’re going to do their best. It doesn’t mean we always get good results, though.

It’s been more than 10 years since you last starred in a weekend drama. How was shooting “Money Flower”?

My last weekend drama was in the early 2000s. Back then, there wasn’t much difference between a weekend drama and a mini-series. But [the crew] told me that these days, everything is different from the production costs to other circumstances. Nevertheless, I wanted to be a part of a good work, whether that be a weekend or mini-series.

For instance, I had a role in the SBS drama “Midas” (2011), but I felt like that the characters were dragged along by their actions, instead of the other way around, because the incidents were so big. I wanted to try something like that again, when I could really pull it off. And with “Money Flower,” I felt like I did so.

You’re known for very masculine and tough characters. Does that feel burdensome in any way?

It’s funny actually, but I already have limitations because of my face. It’s not the kind of face that can pull all sorts of characters off. I think it’s like a life-long task for me. That tendency is getting weaker, though. 

It used to be really clear in my 20s, and a certain boundary was there until my 30s. But in the end, I think it’s good to have a strong character with your face, because you can improve yourself based on that. What’s important is how much you can mix yourself into different things using that single character.

What do your children think about having an actor as their father?

They don’t have that notion yet. They’re too young. I think that you have to be focused as an actor when you act and focus on being a father when you’re back at home. But my children will eventually get to see how passionate I am about my work when they grow up - and that I am trying to show.

Why do you choose to be private in regard to your family?

I think it’s different for everyone. I want to leave it up to them to decide. It’s not that I don’t want to show them to people, but I am willing to wait until they have their own opinions. My life has been exposed for a long time, and I’m used to it. But it could be burdensome for those who are not.

Can you tell us about the first time you met your wife?

I was at a local gym, walking down the stairs to get a shower after a workout, and my wife was coming up the stairs. It was love at first sight. I asked around to see who she was, and she was a yoga and Pilates teacher at the gym, while also working as a professional dancer. So I went and signed up for her classes. 

I was determined [to win her heart], but I didn’t ask her out immediately. It took me three months. I had to be careful, because if I just asked her right away, then she wouldn’t know what kind of person I was. It was a class of 40, and I was the only man. All the other ladies would have thought, “Why is that man here?”

What’s your wife like?

She’s deep. It’s a different kind of deep from my mother. There will come a time when one of them may leave [me], but I wish that day never comes. I think it will be too painful for me. I don’t think I will be able to live without her.

You’ve had quite a long career as an actor. Do you have any goals for the future?

I no longer play the main character in movies. I play [unique] characters, which is really important. I had been lucky enough to play the main character for a while, but a main character has to be like a main character - it’s kind of like being captain of a sports team. You have to not only play [your role], but also think about the whole atmosphere [on set]. So it’s nice to be doing a character that’s got a very attractive personality [without the responsibility]. In the future, I’d like to play the villain and broaden my spectrum. 

If you turn your eyes and look at the road behind you, then you see that there’s a different path going down the slope. But if you keep insisting on not backing down, then you are left with no other options. Everything has to come naturally.

Was it different being an actor in the 1990s?

Those were nice times. There was a certain romance to it all. Now, living as a celebrity is no easy thing. I’m past all that, and there are things that are better these days, too. The public has a clearer sense of taste, and you can change yourself to suit that.

BY HWANG SO-YOUNG [yoon.soyeon@joongang.co.kr]

http://koreajoongangdaily.joins.com/news/article/article.aspx?aid=3047240&cloc=joongangdaily|home|online

Aren’t we Glad that he is not taking a break :)

But it’s good to know that before Greasy Melo - he took a break and brought his family on a trip! 

• Like 4

4 hours ago, kohnlee said:

I just realised the star awards (singapore) was yesterday. It’s been a year since JH came to Singapore :) time flies!

Haha yah I was reminding my girls yesterday that they saw their mummy on TV last year lol..

• LOL 2

'Carefree Travellers' Jang Hyuk, the reason why I quit smoking ... "

Jang Hyuk said he decided to quit smoking for his daughter.

Actor Jang Hyuk, who participated as a traveling guest  in the JTBC 'Carefree Travellers' to be broadcast on April 24, reveals his love for his daughter.

In the US, Jang Hyuk and Kim Sung-joo met on this package tour for the first time. The two of them rode the bus and talked about their daughters.

Especially, Jang Hyuk boasted about his daughter, "She has started to seek my attention these days and it is very cute. It makes the atmosphere at home very good too "he said.

Also, Jang Hyuk said, "My daughter and me are 40 years apart. Even if my daughter gets married at thirty years old, my age will be seventy, "he said. "I wish to stay at her side, so I need to live healthily and I stopped smoking."

On the other hand, the story of Jang Hyuk  can be seen in JTBC 'Carefree travellers' to be broadcasted on April 24 at 9:30 pm.

5f35d3fd77c2c764f6998683dbd1caab.jpg

http://bntnews.hankyung.com/apps/news?popup=0&nid=02&mode=sub_view&nkey=201804231401273

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

7 hours ago, Prettysup said:

Haha yah I was reminding my girls yesterday that they saw their mummy on TV last year lol..

Haha me too.  I was telling my sis I was there last year.  In face, since my office was just opposite mediacorp, every time i pass by, i'll look at that spot where we took photos with him, sweet memories...

• Like 3
  • LOL 1

Watch: Jang Hyuk Passionately Practices Action Scenes For “Wok Of Love”

Jang-Hyuk-4.jpg

Jang Hyuk passionately throws his body into practicing action scenes for “Wok of Love” in a newly released video.

Jang Hyuk then carefully watched cell phone footage that one of the members had filmed of the stunts he had just done. One of the stuntmen praised the actor’s skilled action moves, saying, “It’s not like a normal celebrity’s level of action skills. If Jason Statham and Donnie Yen represent their countries as action actors, then Jang Hyuk is Korea’s representative.”

https://www.soompi.com/2018/04/22/watch-jang-hyuk-passionately-practices-action-scenes-wok-love/

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, AgnesO said:

Haha me too.  I was telling my sis I was there last year.  In face, since my office was just opposite mediacorp, every time i pass by, i'll look at that spot where we took photos with him, sweet memories...

Haha yah and this year they didnt invite any Korean stars. It was really our good luck that we get to meet him in person, once of a chance in our lifetime !!

• Like 3

27 minutes ago, Prettysup said:

Haha yah and this year they didnt invite any Korean stars. It was really our good luck that we get to meet him in person, once of a chance in our lifetime !!

Ya, you're absolutely right! 

• Like 3