1 hour ago, The Reel Life said:

Thanks! Haha I don’t know where this picture is from, just googled. But it reminds me of his razor CF. So hot! I didn’t watch Midas. Not sure if I want to because it didn’t have good reviews from you guys ahaha. 

It took me 3 attempts to watch Midas. I finally finished the whole story on the 3rd attempt. For me, the plot was ok - revenge because he was played out by his superior.

Kim Do Hyun (JH) fiance in this drama is pretty. Infact in my opinion and only for me, the prettiest amongst all his other female co stars. But between them, there is no chemistry which is strange. So I really wonder is it the Director doesn't want a lovey dovey scene as in really lovey dovey. Both are engaged to be married (before the break off) but when they are together, they are not lovey dovey like an engaged couple to be married. 

The one I cannot stand most is the lead actress and the first 2 attempts weren't successful for me was because of her. She literally whispered every time she spoke and that was annoying. At first I thought it was my speaker but no it isn't. Literally have to strain to listen to what she is saying.

43 minutes ago, Prettysup said:

Yeah he was once named as the top Korean celebrity with the highest income from rental $$$. That's why I always roll my eyes when ppl comment that he works non-stop becoz he needs the money to bring up 3 kids. Actually this guy is rich, we do not have to worry about that aspect haha... 

In chinese articles even worse, he got to work so hard to earn money to buy MILK POWDER for his children. 赚奶粉钱! But it is news like this that will catch people attention.

And how news article likes to write he 先上车,后买票 - for those who don't read chinese, it meant he "boarded the bus first before buying ticket" implying he got a baby before he got married. But he got registered before his baby was born. It is only the ceremony held after the baby was born. News like this makes me super annoyed. And netizens criticised him for that. What business is it of netizens if he has a baby first? At least he loves his wife and children. Just because he is a celebrity he is being criticised. Don't we also come across ordinary folks (non celebrity) have a baby before marriage? 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, dramafan33 said:

Wow! People will critcize EVERYTHING won’t they? If you do too much CF and not actual acting it’ll criticized (like Won Bin’s case) if you work in many projects back to back  its because you are broke and have to buy milk for your children lololol People! So gossipy! 

I am not too sure if k audience likes to nitpick, I know C audience does that quite a bit. International audience I'm not too sure either. But I hate it when audience criticise as though the celebrity "belongs" to them. Believe it or not, I've read certain forums which mentioned that it is the responsibility of the celebrity to keep fans informed of "everything" because the fans are the one who support them.

I am appalled when I read that. Yes, it is the responsibility of the celebrity to inform fans about his work related stuff, but the celebrity is not answerable to fans where his personal matters is concerned.

True, if a celebrity does lots of commercial, people criticise for wanting to earn fast good money. In JH case, work back-to-back projects, people say he needs money to buy milk powder for his children. I find this statement so degrading to JH. Work also people gossip. No work also people gossip. 

For me, I am fine if we criticise about the plot, about the writing, about the directing, about the makeup, lighting and what other rubbish there is to criticise but NEVER criticise about the actor (the person). Whether he does PS or not, he married or he cohabitate or he is straight or he is gay, whether he drinks or smoke, that is his personal life. Fans have no rights to his personal life. 

• Like 1

On 11/17/2019 at 1:06 AM, dramafan33 said:

Would it be too much trouble to ask you what more was said between BW and his father in their second encounter? It looked like they talked a lot

I really would like to do it for you and for all here who don't read chinese. A lot was talked in the 2nd encounter. I will TRY my best. It is not word for word translation. I can't even re phrase the whole sentence. If you don't mind the "broken ness" of the sentence, I can try my best. 

This makes me appreciate the people who have been doing the subtitles. Sometimes I jump at WHY NO SUBTITLES but when I do it myself, gosh, it was tough. This isn't my cup of tea. I didn't do well in chinese language in school either. A pass is all I could afford to get. :blink: 

I checked Dramacool and there is still no subtitles for ep 13 and ep 14. 

• Like 1
  • Love 1

6 hours ago, dramafan33 said:

Yeah! Something happened right? But I don’t know what either. I thought he would get more CFs after Money Flower but nothing 

About the birthdays debate l and get spoiled.

I love all the presents I get because of their meaning, knowing someone put their thoughts on it.

That 'something' has happened before FLTY. I've followed so many celebrities so I know it was unusual. You suddenly don't stop being a top CF star. He has been appearing in so many variety shows since then. Whatever I care about only one thing that I don't want to see him in a bad drama and if possible want him to win some awards.

Our whole birthday conversation was a joke. Wasn't it? I've already expressed earlier how I find tradition of giving and receiving expansive gifts rather off-putting.  I always make sure to give rather cheap but meaningful gifts so that reciever won't feel burdened when it's his/her time to return the courtesy. 

I was just trying to covince you to leave birthday loving camp.:lol:

• Like 1
  • LOL 2

3 hours ago, budgerie said:

he got to work so hard to earn money to buy MILK POWDER for his children. 赚奶粉钱! But it is news like this that will catch people attention.

And how news article likes to write he 先上车,后买票 - for those who don't read chinese, it meant he "boarded the bus first before buying ticket" implying he got a baby before he got married.

Lol. What is this? 

But as a fan why should we pay too much attention to such comments? It's not like some random Chinese articles are going to affect his life and work choices. 

2 hours ago, dramafan33 said:

Won Bin’s case

if you work in many projects back to back  its because you are broke and have to buy milk for your children lololol People! So gossipy! 

I feel like Won Bin has been traumatized by his humongous popularity. I've read his earlier interviews and  he seemed serious about his work and he was trying different type of characters in the movies but too much limelight and K-fans' obsession with his looks didn't go too well with his introverted personality.

Thanks to Chinese netizens who made me realise that an active and popular actor also has to worry about buying milk for his children.:w00t:

• Like 1
  • LOL 2

I noticed too. Apart from JNR and maybe Soo Ae, most of his female co star is not in the A list. I wonder if Soo Ae is even considered A list but she is popular enough. I wonder if he deliberately avoid those actresses? It isn't easy with work with A list actress. Perhaps he is more comfortable working with actress who he can clap with rather than an A list actress that he can't clap with. Acting is like clapping, you need two to clap.

It's probably got to do with the genre he chose. Apart from Voice, all those dramas which he was the male lead had the male lead as the central character, eg BM, Bad Papa, MF. Which A list actress would want to be the female lead of these dramas? For me, personally I would rather he acts as the male lead next to a lesser known actress, rather than to pair with an A-list actress and act as her partner only.

2 hours ago, dramafan33 said:

@budgerie Wow! People will critcize EVERYTHING won’t they? If you do too much CF and not actual acting it’ll criticized (like Won Bin’s case) if you work in many projects back to back  its because you are broke and have to buy milk for your children lololol People! So gossipy! 

That's why u need to have a super strong mentality to survive in this industry.

12 minutes ago, fiesty8001 said:

I feel like

Won Bin has been traumatized by his humongous popularity.

I am just amazed that he still gets CF offers despite not having a single acting job for the past almost 10 years.

• Like 3

@dramafan33 here it is, episode 13 (2nd encounter) :

BW barged in to the court. King preparing the arrow. King asked since you already killed CP, is it next to kill is BG (Bang Gwa)? BW said although he dread but it is YES. King pointed the arrow to him and said it cannot be done. BW said try stopping me and see. 

BW said killing his brother is a sin not to be pardoned, he asked the king why do you hesitate (asking him to shoot the arrow). He opened his hands, ask king to shoot. He said he will "laugh" or "smile" passing away. Than BW raised his voice the 1st time asking king why do you hesitate to shoot? BW challenged king to shoot.

King put down the arrow and said you have become a yasha 夜叉. BW answered he only wants to live. King said you have ambition on my throne so you start to find excuse to see blood. BW asked is it wrong to have ambition on the throne? BW raised his voice 2nd time, is it wrong to have ambition on the throne?

(This part is difficult to translate - I hope you can understand the meaning of what is said) King said people should hold on to something small (small bowl) that they can hold on to but you throw the small bowl and want to hold on to something big (big bowl), even if the big bowl will be smashed to pieces, you still want to have it. The king said this cannot be done. Your bowl will contain blood. 

Bang Won said blood already started to flow out from the palace. The blood of traitor officials. Finally the blood will reach the common people. So those blood will see a greater stronger king. (As BW spoke, his voice is raising) so that the people can live a comfortable life, my Majesty! King said, those blood should be yours. 

(This part is difficult but the meaning is something like this) Bang Won said it is king mistake that he crowned the youngest son as CP and not the most capable. And also the faults of NJ is all the king fault. Bang Won taunted the king saying now all those support are gone (meaning CP and NJ). 

King raised the arrow and shot his prince clip and said Bang Won is wrong (referring to this country still belongs to him). The untidy looking but handsome BW walked away. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

You didn't know that he owns a building? So he is not poor in terms of dollars and cents. He probably is thrifty for himself but you know, having so many mouths to feed is a burden too. 3 children + wife + his parents excluding himself. And it is not just eating, school fees and all the other miscellaneous expenses. 

If you guys watch the My Ugly Duckling episode he did, I think you'd understand more. In the segment about Jong Kook, that was essentially revealed as a hoarder that lived with his parents up to his 40s, JH revealed that he himself is not very far from Jong Kook. The only difference seems that JH found a woman that he loves- JH revealed that he doesn't like to throw away things, that he doesn't allow his parents to this day to change his room (!), that he doesn't spend almost anything on himself (in both the Grand Canyon show and DG he said that all his money goes to his wife and family while he keep a small allowance for himself). Also, he said that he doesn't like to move so he lives in the same house for 11 years. If I'm not mistaken, that would mean he hasn't moved since he got married. I actually don't know many couples that live in the same house the first bought when the just got married... 

JH doesn't seem to care about money when it comes to himself. He works because he loves to work and loved being on set, as said the Hwasin interview. He regards himself as an ordinary man that works, just like his dad, and his dad only had a single month in the year as a vacation, so it's clear JH doesn't even understand why people think he overworks. And if you think about it- he's right! Most people don't go on a vacation every time they finish a project. Usually they simply move on to the next project, once they find one, and this is what he does. From what I saw, even when he is not working on a project, he goes every day to his office.

Also, I understood that as part of his efforts to improve his diction when he was younger, he started reading news papers. If I'm not mistaken this is how he educated himself about finances. From I understood, there is no reason to worry about him financially :)

59 minutes ago, budgerie said:

For me, I am fine if we criticise about the plot, about the writing, about the directing, about the makeup, lighting and what other rubbish there is to criticise but NEVER criticise about the actor (the person). Whether he does PS or not, he married or he cohabitate or he is straight or he is gay, whether he drinks or smoke, that is his personal life. Fans have no rights to his personal life. 

I also agree about that it's not the fans place to criticize his private life. I can't control what other fans say or do, but people can get pretty obsessed about actors and really get out of line. I don't know if you guys heard about the Reylo shippers in Star wars, that attack online the wife of Adam Driver and even stalked her because they want him to be with the actress who play Rey. Really scary! This is why I don't like to make any comments about his wife of children. They are none of my business. I don't think I know of another actor that managed to keep his private life as private as JH, and I think he was really smart to do it.

• Like 2
  • Love 1
  • Insightful 1

23 minutes ago, fiesty8001 said:

Lol. What is this? 

But as a fan why should we pay too much attention to such comments? It's not like some random Chinese articles are going to affect his life and work choices. 

Technically it doesn't. But to say it doesn't affect 100% is also not true. Every negative news about a celebrity does tarnish his reputation for that moment. 

I feel like Won Bin has been traumatized by his humongous popularity. I've read his earlier interviews and  he seemed serious about his work and he was trying different type of characters in the movies but too much limelight and K-fans' obsession with his looks didn't go too well with his introverted personality.

Yes. The guy is trying to do an honest job here acting but too much interference from his fans. It does more harm than good actually. 

Thanks to Chinese netizens who made me realise that an active and popular actor also has to worry about buying milk for his children.:w00t:

Milk is obviously expensive. Our poor JH has to work non stop back-to-back just to buy milk powder. I wonder if the container is gold plated. 

14 minutes ago, Prettysup said:

It's probably got to do with the genre he chose. Apart from Voice, all those dramas which he was the male lead had the male lead as the central character, eg BM, Bad Papa, MF. Which A list actress would want to be the female lead of these dramas? For me, personally I would rather he acts as the male lead next to a lesser known actress, rather than to pair with an A-list actress and act as her partner only.

Yes. I think (I may be wrong) those A list actress want to look pretty, like a flower vase, dress high class and probably those princess princess type of roles. Who wants to run around with him in Voice? Or be a traffic policewoman in BM? Or be the estranged poor wife in BPP? 

That's why u need to have a super strong mentality to survive in this industry.

Remember he said that if any of his kids want to be in this industry, he will not encourage, he will not discourage. It is important to enter into it with a correct mindset and I am sure JH has a good mindset. 

I am just amazed that he still gets CF offers despite not having a single acting job for the past almost 10 years.

Sometimes a pretty face or a handsome face will do. There is a C artiste, she can't act, she can't sing, she can't dance but she is one of the top artistes. Why? She looks like a doll. When I say doll, you know what I mean. Who is born like a doll with perfect features? 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Biology Lesson said:

JH revealed that he himself is not very far from Jong Kook. The only difference seems that JH found a woman that he loves- JH revealed that he doesn't like to throw away things, that he doesn't allow his parents to this day to change his room (!), that he doesn't spend almost anything on himself (in both the Grand Canyon show and DG he said that all his money goes to his wife and family while he keep a small allowance for himself). Also, he said that he doesn't like to move so he lives in the same house for 11 years. 

The part I like about this show is that 1 of the mothers was amazed he got a daughter after 2 boys. How did he do it? Lol! We all know what he had to do. :DHahaha! 

I think he mentioned before that his parents lived nearby. Not sure is parent or parents-in-law. So if he moved, than would be further away from them. When his wife locked him out once, he went to his "parents" house to sleep for the night. The Baeksang award night for Chuno.  

I once heard an interview which someone commented that JH called his in-laws as parents. I think in korea maybe they have a different way of addressing parents and parents-in-law. Not like english is the same Mum Dad. So that person was surprised that JH addresses his in-laws as his parents. 

JH doesn't even understand why people think he overworks. And if you think about it- he's right! Most people don't go on a vacation every time they finish a project. Usually they simply move on to the next project, once they find one, and this is what he does. From what I saw, even when he is not working on a project, he goes every day to his office.

Puzzle me too. He is probably the most hardworking actor in the industry. Other actors maybe do more commercials. And yes he is right. Ordinary folks like us don't take annual leave every now and then to go on trips. 

I also agree about that it's not the fans place to criticize his private life. I can't control what other fans say or do, but people can get pretty obsessed about actors and really get out of line. Really scary! This is why I don't like to make any comments about his wife of children. They are none of my business. I don't think I know of another actor that managed to keep his private life as private as JH, and I think he was really smart to do it.

I am a (big) shipper of him and his wife! Hahaha! 

Didn't fans also wanted him to be with JNR, to be with OYS. Who else? Even read in the comments column that he should not do a drama with JNR so soon after FTLY. Sure divorce his wife. 

I definitely agree he should NEVER disclose his family. Delusional fans are lurking everywhere and they ship every couple they see onscreen. That was why some celebrity even hide their marital status for fear of these fans. 

1x I heard a taiwan programme that a certain retired singer, his fans chose to remain single because of him. They treated him as spouse and so they are not marrying. HUH??????!!!!! 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, budgerie said:

@dramafan33 here it is, episode 13 (2nd encounter) :

BW barged in to the court. King preparing the arrow. King asked since you already killed CP, is it next to kill is BG (Bang Gwa)? BW said although he dread but it is YES. King pointed the arrow to him and said it cannot be done. BW said try stopping me and see.  

I thought the king was asking will the next one be Bang Beon ( elder brother of CP) ? 

And yeah I know which C actress u referring to with the doll-like features. But it’s not her fault if the industry likes her looks haha 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

So JCW has another project lined up after the last episode of his current job ended yesterday. Why is nobody calling him a workaholic? And he is working with Voice director Kim Hong-sun, who is the creator for our new OCN drama. So it looks like PD Kim is a workahoilc too hahha.. 

https://www.soompi.com/article/1366406wpp/ji-chang-wook-in-talks-for-his-next-drama-after-melting-me-softly

• Like 1
  • LOL 1

17 minutes ago, Prettysup said:

I thought the king was asking will the next one be Bang Beon ( elder brother of CP) ? 

And yeah I know which C actress u referring to with the doll-like features. But it’s not her fault if the industry likes her looks haha 

Seriously, it is one of the Bang bros which I am confused. But yes, one of the next in line whoever his name is. I apologise I can't get their names right. 

Oh you know which C actress! She is the one who denied PS and said everything about her is real. She is a lucky one then to be born with a doll-like perfect features. Lol. She is one of the highest paid ah. 

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, Prettysup said:

Hmmm weird, in history both the younger brothers were killed at the same time, right?. They haven’t mentioned that in the drama? Bang Hwa is now the king, correct? 

@budgerie You are a doll! Thank you so much for translating the dialogue :kiss_wink:

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, budgerie said:

Seriously, it is one of the Bang bros which I am confused. But yes, one of the next in line whoever his name is. I apologise I can't get their names right. 

Oh you know which C actress! She is the one who denied PS and said everything about her is real. She is a lucky one then to be born with a doll-like perfect features. Lol. She is one of the highest paid ah. 

I am not sure which Bang too, but I was thinking after BW killed the CP, the next one should be that one since they are the same mothers? I could be wrong though haha. Let me go and check first

Yeah u talking about AB right? Anyway I don't care she real or not real, but if the industry likes her, and the businesses are willing to pay her high fees for CF and dramas in spite of her poor acting, then it is their own choices. I don't see why netizens need to go and scold her all the time. It is an open market out there. Demand and supply.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, dramafan33 said:

Hmmm weird, in history both the younger brothers were killed the same day. They haven’t mentioned that in the drama right? Bang Hwa is now the king, correct? 

Ok I checked, it’s Bang Beon, the queen’s other son. And yeah they both supposed to die during the  First Strife but I guess the difference of a few days doesn’t matter to the plot. 

Yah the king is now Bang Gwa, second son  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, Prettysup said:

So JCW has another project lined up after the last episode of his current job ended yesterday. Why is nobody calling him a workaholic? And he is working with Voice director Kim Hong-sun, who is the creator for our new OCN drama. So it looks like PD Kim is a workahoilc too hahha.. 

JCW is also workaholic and he doesn't even need to buy the milk powder.:lol:

• LOL 3

30 minutes ago, Prettysup said:

I am not sure which Bang too, but I was thinking after BW killed the CP, the next one should be that one since they are the same mothers? I could be wrong though haha. Let me go and check first

I am still confused! The King now is the boy which we saw at the initial escape? And Bang Gwa the one who visited Bang Won at the archery ground is his own blood brother? He also plot to kill Bang Won. Join hands with Seon Ho. Er yes, no preview for ep 15. Keeping us in suspense?  

Yeah u talking about AB right? Anyway I don't care she real or not real, but if the industry likes her, and the businesses are willing to pay her high fees for CF and dramas in spite of her poor acting, then it is their own choices. I don't see why netizens need to go and scold her all the time. It is an open market out there. Demand and supply.

Nothing against her or her look. As I said, I don't criticise the person but only the acting. C netizens are very critical of celebrities. 

• Like 2

AB seems to be quiet (in)famous that even I know about her. Whatever in the end success comes with both talent as well as circumstances. In other professions too deserving people often earn lesser than medicore people. 

• Like 3