58 minutes ago, dramafan33 said:

@janghaesoo Did you watch My Country? They had scenes together in that. To me their work was better there but thats because I hate Gaekju lol (sorry, I know I get annoying with this)

Hide contents

About JH and the belt lol damn it you are right! But since when did he become so prude? Nah I somehow don’t think its him making those (bad) calls although he has said he is not super comfortable showing his body unnecessarily but, he coul’d at least lose the belt! Lol I want to believe he’d do what makes most sense for the character so I’m going to blame the director in my mind. The poses on those intimate scenes looked really stiff/ staged while the action scenes looked yes choreographed but more organic imo. Well, Im no expert at all but I felt it that way. I was also kinda meh about the smoking and gangster posturing. It felt so cliche? Only JH and YOS felt like actual 3D characters and not gangster cartoons (Im only judging body language cause I don’t understand the language of course) But I appreciated Kisup, he looked menacing and fun to watch. JHs other friend’s acting felt more restrained than usual and I appreciated that too. Im also not sure I liked the movie (we need subs) 

And was he truly indifferent to the wife? But they looked cute cuddling no? I wasn’t even sure that was his wife. There were moments when he looked slightly tormented. I know the director was probably unaware lol but JH was clearly trying to show some repressed emotions of a broken soul. And now Im making myself love Minseok ha! Ill feel like a clown when I watch with subs and realize I misunderstood everything 

@Biology Lesson I think you nailed it. And I agree, he has the potential to kill us with his sexyness but needs the right partner to let loose. Jang Nara got better later in the series but in the true intimate scenes she got stiff. I think now JNR is even more mature? They need another chance! Im sure Lee Mi Sook would happily help us too but, will they ever get another chance? Im DESPERATE! 

I really need to rewatch My Country because I just can't remember YOS character there.

Spoiler

I thought she was trying to show some affection for him and he was receiving it but not willing to reciprocate. And I'm not sure if it was because of his past trauma (another time when his background story is not developed enough) of losing people.

I totally 120% agree with you about those cliche characters, I just can't forget the excessive smoking, that was really annoying, it's like the director listed every item that's part of a film noir and felt the obligation to show it all in his movie.

The scenes were too short, the editing wasn't really good either, things always happened so fast. On the other hand YOS and JH completely understood the complexity of those circumstances and put their energy on silence and pause moments, time to breathe. They didn't have to be loud in order to be threatening and dangerous. That scene where Min Seok is just eating is pure poetry written by JH.

I'll always agree with everything you say about THAT 300% absolutely hot scene in Money Flower. Still my favorite and always makes my ovaries go crazy hehe

• LOL 3

8 minutes ago, azureblue7 said:

@janghaesoo @dramafan33

Hide contents

Not sure if I'm 100% correct but when I read the reviews on Naver, I think Lee Chae Young is not his wife but a debtee. She is paying off her debts using her body and later on, she had to take the rap for him after he murdered someone.

That is just how heartless he is.  

Wow! That just makes it 10000% more interesting.

• Like 3

49 minutes ago, janghaesoo said:

Wow! That just makes it 10000% more interesting.

Spoiler

Maybe that's why in their intimate scenes, you can see their difference in power. He's the one in control. She's his submissive. Maybe that's why he kept his pants on? I don't know..  Haha.

• Like 2

<Gangneung>, which broke the cumulative audience of 300,000 and created a buzz among viewers with the birth of a well-made crime action noir, is attracting attention as it continues to run relentlessly on digital platforms including IPTV following theaters. 

In particular, as it surpassed the hurdle of screening grades that are not available for viewing by teenagers and has proven its box office potential regardless of generations from 20s to 80s, this first move of <Gangneung> is a digital platform for many adult audiences. It is interpreted that the service has been eagerly awaited.

As of December 3 (Fri), <Gangneung> is ranked No. 1 in the movie rankings on multiple digital platforms such as Olleh TV, D'Live TV, U+ Mobile TV, and Seezn.

In particular, <Venom 2: Let There Be Carnage>, <Dun>, <007 No Time to Die>, etc., which were ranked at the top of the box office in all theaters, it achieved the first place at once, beating the top Hollywood blockbuster, thereby increasing passionate interest in <Gangneung>. 

This phenomenon is the result of the addition of the N-th row of audiences who have not seen <Gangneung> in theaters due to the pandemic, but also want to meet again through the digital platform after seeing it at the cinema, which has various strengths such as fun, action, and hot performances. is interpreted as Like this, <Gangneung>, which continues to be a box office hit on all digital platforms nationwide following theaters, is expected to grow further along with the continuous word-of-mouth march.

Source  : https://m.blog.naver.com/mmpictures/222586544450

A fan  told me reading comments on Movie "The Swordsman" on Amazon is so satisfying.  I totally agree:love:

https://www.amazon.com/Swordsman-Blu-ray-Jang-Hyuk/dp/B08PJ1LHM1

• Like 1
  • Awesome 1

8 hours ago, dramafan33 said:

@janghaesoo Did you watch My Country? They had scenes together in that. To me their work was better there but thats because I hate Gaekju lol (sorry, I know I get annoying with this)

Reveal hidden contents

About JH and the belt lol damn it you are right! But since when did he become so prude? Nah I somehow don’t think its him making those (bad) calls although he has said he is not super comfortable showing his body unnecessarily but, he coul’d at least lose the belt! Lol I want to believe he’d do what makes most sense for the character so I’m going to blame the director in my mind. The poses on those intimate scenes looked really stiff/ staged while the action scenes looked yes choreographed but more organic imo. Well, Im no expert at all but I felt it that way. I was also kinda meh about the smoking and gangster posturing. It felt so cliche? Only JH and YOS felt like actual 3D characters and not gangster cartoons (Im only judging body language cause I don’t understand the language of course) But I appreciated Kisup, he looked menacing and fun to watch. JHs other friend’s acting felt more restrained than usual and I appreciated that too. Im also not sure I liked the movie (we need subs) 

And was he truly indifferent to the wife? But they looked cute cuddling no? I wasn’t even sure that was his wife. There were moments when he looked slightly tormented. I know the director was probably unaware lol but JH was clearly trying to show some repressed emotions of a broken soul. And now Im making myself love Minseok ha! Ill feel like a clown when I watch with subs and realize I misunderstood everything 

@Biology Lesson I think you nailed it. And I agree, he has the potential to kill us with his sexyness but needs the right partner to let loose. Jang Nara got better later in the series but in the true intimate scenes she got stiff. I think now JNR is even more mature? They need another chance! Im sure Lee Mi Sook would happily help us too but, will they ever get another chance? Im DESPERATE! 

OK, so I watched the movie. Admit to skipping all the non-JH bits.

spoiler?

first , about the kiss scene- what we did get to see was really passionate and sexy, but, as, @janghaesoo said, way too short, and it's funny that it also went with the same pattern I mentioned- again JH hid face! The camera filmed them from the side, like they usually do in kiss scenes, but just before they actually kissed, it cut to a different view from behind the girl so that you could hardly see JH's face. And then it cut to the side but here JH's hair hid their faces!:crybaby:This can't be a coincidence, for sure this is JH's doing! Our fierce, but shy and loyal guy!:D In a way this is the only time JH broke character. Not on screen, but behind the scenes. 

Spoiler

As to what I thought about the movie? I don't know. Maybe there is more to it than I got now, without subs, but, like you, right now to me it was mostly boring. My main peeve is that JH's doesn't seem to have any character development. I noticed some fans called him a demon, and I guess that would be apt- a demon that is bad because he's bad. I think JH tried to inject him with more with his expressions and acting, but in terms of actions, he seems to be all bad. In the kiss scene there actually was a glimpse of some emotion from him, as the kiss was more passionate than you'd expect from this character, and he was kinda shaking when he cut it short, which makes me think that he actually wanted her, and probably to him, that made her dangerous so he framed her. But the problem is they have two only scenes together, so there is no way that we will get the development of a relationship between them. All we have is JH's acting.

I get what you're saying about the smoking- it was just ridiculous! JH seems to have used it as part of his acting very effectively, but that was undercut by the fact that everyone were smoking! 

I also agree that the final fight scene was magnificent! Really cool and fierce! But again that was kinda undercut by the fact that throughout the movie, everyone are stabbing each other, and the director really lingered on all the stabbings, for no good reason.

All in all- This movie could have been much better. Considering that even the director said that the movie was a cliche, I really don't understand why he didn't even try to make the movie better by better developing the characters. So, yet again, a waste of an amazing performance from JH... I'm glad that the movie is kinda successfull, but now all I have is to hope that the next movie is better than this.

• Like 2

Spoiler

I haven't watched the movie so maybe I'm totally wrong, but from what I've seen of the part you guys are talking about, the woman was still fully dressed when she was in bed with him cradling his head, so I would think it was just an expedience thing. Either for the characters because of the context of the scene we don't know or from a film-making perspective (director got his point across and didn't need more, didn't want actual intimacy between them, etc.). JH certainly seems to have no compunctions about showing his body in character when there's a reason. We've all seen his bum before lmao.

• Like 2

@azureblue7 Aha! I had a feeling

Spoiler

That she wasn’t his wife as he always handed her a piece of paper that I assumed was some form of payment. I wasn’t sure what this woman’s feelings toward him would be but she definitely looked sad and maybe scared? It turns out the truth was even more cruel than I imagined

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Prettysup said:

Finlshed watching it. 

And yeah

Hide contents

LCY was just a toy for him

So you are the only here that actually understood what they were saying- what did you think abou the movie?

23 hours ago, Kate Llama said:
  Reveal hidden contents

I haven't watched the movie so maybe I'm totally wrong, but from what I've seen of the part you guys are talking about, the woman was still fully dressed when she was in bed with him cradling his head, so I would think it was just an expedience thing. Either for the characters because of the context of the scene we don't know or from a film-making perspective (director got his point across and didn't need more, didn't want actual intimacy between them, etc.). JH certainly seems to have no compunctions about showing his body in character when asked. We've all seen his bum before lmao.

Spoiler

What we're saying is that considering their relationship that we got to see, that was cold and calculated, it makes absolutely no sense that he will be lying with her only for a cuddle and comfort, still dressed. Especially considering the way he got up and got dressed. He was very cold and matter of fact towards her. I wish we got to see more emotions there, seeing this guy come to like someone could have been great, but from what I saw, there was nothing there. Also, he gave her that paper propably confirming her debt was reduced, meaning they did have sex in that encounter, so- what's with the pants?!

As to JH showing his body- JH said several times that he only takes off his shirt when there is justification. In healing camp, after he said that, the interviewer than jokingly asked about taking off his pants, which made JH stop short and start laughing. Meaning, to take off his pants, that takes even more justification. He did say in another interview, that if it's really justified, he will take everything off!. Also, the director of Money flower said that JH didn't want to use nudity as a way to titilate (or something like that), so they were very careful and stingy with shirtless scenes there. 

Of course JH did nude scenes in the past, especially when he was younger, but what I think is that nowadays, when JH has more influence and power on set, he allows himself to refuse such scenes when he thinks they are not necesary. 

Come to think about it, I did wonder about the fact that that scene wasn't used in the promotion of the movie, while almost every other scene was used, so why not that scene too?  pics from it were the first to be posted once the movie came out of VOD, meaning the fans loved that scene. And I'm sure using it would have brought a few more women to the theatres... :D

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Biology Lesson said:

So you are the only here that actually understood what they were saying- what did you think abou the movie?

Ah, I was just watching it half-heartedly especially the parts without JH. My overall impression:

Spoiler

Plenty of blood and gore, a lot of killings which I find unnecessary. Plot wise, nothing fantastic. I won't watch it a second time.

• Like 3

• Prettysup changed the title to Jang Hyuk 장혁 - upcoming drama 'Red Heart' and movie 'The Killer'
15 hours ago, Biology Lesson said:
  Hide contents

What we're saying is that considering their relationship that we got to see, that was cold and calculated, it makes absolutely no sense that he will be lying with her only for a cuddle and comfort, still dressed. Especially considering the way he got up and got dressed. He was very cold and matter of fact towards her. I wish we got to see more emotions there, seeing this guy come to like someone could have been great, but from what I saw, there was nothing there. Also, he gave her that paper propably confirming her debt was reduced, meaning they did have sex in that encounter, so- what's with the pants?!

Spoiler

I understood what you were saying. I'm saying that the fact that she's also not naked means the lack of intimacy and vulnerability is probably the point of the scene. I'm not suggesting they didn't have sex, I'm suggesting the fact that it was cold and transactional or that he is just using her or that it was quick/impersonal is being implied by them not bothering to get undressed. He's more relaxed because he has all the power, so he has his shirt off. Maybe to avoid wrinkling it if we're emphasising his callousness. It's a fairly standard thing is this kind of movie to have a scene like this and never have the dude take his pants off or be seen putting them on. Usually the woman would be naked to titillate the (assumed male) viewer, but not the man.

The only thing that's weird about it is that she was cradling him afterwards and playing with his hair at all. If he's extorting her and she's unwilling, why would she do that? It implies she cares about him.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Kate Llama said:
  Hide contents

I understood what you were saying. I'm saying that the fact that she's also not naked means the lack of intimacy and vulnerability is probably the point of the scene. I'm not suggesting they didn't have sex, I'm suggesting the fact that it was cold and transactional or that he is just using her or that it was quick/impersonal is being implied by them not bothering to get undressed. He's more relaxed because he has all the power, so he has his shirt off. Maybe to avoid wrinkling it if we're emphasising his callousness. It's a fairly standard thing is this kind of movie to have a scene like this and never have the dude take his pants off or be seen putting them on. Usually the woman would be naked to titillate the (assumed male) viewer, but not the man.

The only thing that's weird about it is that she was cradling him afterwards and playing with his hair at all. If he's extorting her and she's unwilling, why would she do that? It implies she cares about him.

Spoiler

That's what I was saying- if it was cold and transactional, why was he lying cradled in her arms while she played with his hair? it makes no sense. Also, I wasn't saying that you were suggesting they didn't have sex, rather it was his pants, being fully done and belted, that suggested that. If they had sex a moment before, I'd expect his pants to be undone, at the very least. That entire scene made no sense for JH's character!

2 hours ago, janghaesoo said:

First picture of JH on the set.

I hope he won't spend all his time in this look, hanging around the court plotting... Most especially- I hope he doesn't have the fake, silly looking beard.

• Like 2

On 12/5/2021 at 11:26 PM, dramafan33 said:

@Biology Lesson @Kate Llama

Yes, the cuddling! Thats exactly what I wanted to ask your thoughts on.

Hide contents

That moment out of context looks sweet. He looks comforted, almost like a kid. And she was being sweet towards him, if only for a brief moment. What was up with that? 

Spoiler

She also tips her head up and closes her eyes when he goes to kiss her. She clutches him close and wants to touch him. idk what the context is (sounds like he's saying something that ends in 'do you understand?' as in 'is this what you think?' or something like that over and over, so maybe about what their relationship is/where she stands in the world according to him) but it certainly plays like she has feelings for him despite whatever he said (which was probably awful). She seems maybe afraid but not reluctant.

Sort of curious to have this cuddling scene where we also see the scars on his back, which is humanising, when they otherwise portray him almost like an evil spirit, the way he drifts into town on the boat and is found like some horror movie monster. He lurks ominously over proceedings, moves in a vaguely unsettling way. There's subtle red eyeliner on his lower lashline to make him look kind of possessed. Maybe it's a cautionary tale.

• Like 1
  • Insightful 2

13 hours ago, Biology Lesson said:
  Hide contents

That's what I was saying- if it was cold and transactional, why was he lying cradled in her arms while she played with his hair? it makes no sense. Also, I wasn't saying that you were suggesting they didn't have sex, rather it was his pants, being fully done and belted, that suggested that. If they had sex a moment before, I'd expect his pants to be undone, at the very least. That entire scene made no sense for JH's character!

I hope he won't spend all his time in this look, hanging around the court plotting... Most especially- I hope he doesn't have the fake, silly looking beard.

I think you're going to be disappointed, as the silly looking beard is a typical sageuk look and hanging around the court plotting is the typical sageuk plot. 

• Sad 1
  • LOL 1