Jang Hyuk Confirmed To Lead Action Drama After “Wok Of Love”

Jang Hyuk will be returning to action dramas in his next project!

The actor has been confirmed for MBC’s new Monday-Tuesday drama “Bad Papa” (literal translation).

The drama is the tale of a man who chooses to become a bad person in order to be a good father. Jang Hyuk will be playing Yoo Ji Chul, a former boxing champion who falls into despair after losing all of his fame, money, and family at once. As he begins to stand on his feet again as a mixed martial arts fighter with the help of a mysterious drug, he sets out to find the family that he lost.

“Bad Papa” will be directed by Jin Chang Kyu of “Rebel: Thief Who Stole the People” and written by Kim Sung Min. Son Yeo Eun, Shin Eun Soo, and David Lee are also currently in talks for the drama.

It is set to air after “Partners for Justice” and “Life-and-Death Romance” (literal title).

Jang-Hyuk.jpg

https://www.soompi.com/2018/06/14/jang-hyuk-confirmed-lead-action-drama-wok-love/

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3

On 14/06/2018 at 8:22 AM, Prettysup said:

Yeah I was looking at some pics of his Daemang time and realised he already has eyebags in his 20s. So this is his natural look, 

Ha ha

I remember years ago fans used to wonder why did he never care to fix his eyebags despite being an actor.:lol:

I think his features and smile is youthful but his skin has aged(though not more than his real age).

He always had big pores, eye bags and crow's feet but a healthy glow on his skin. All of these factors along with water retention and greasy make-up give him 'older' look sometimes.

But still years of hard work, smoking, sleep deprivation, sunburns couldn't do much harm. 

If I concentrate on his skin he looks 'old' to me but if I concentrate on his features he looks 'youthful'.

• Like 1
  • LOL 1

21 minutes ago, fiesty8001 said:

Yes to Bad Papa. Actress Son Yeo-eun looks quiet pretty. Will we get any romance?

After being married for 17 years I dont think there will be hot romance haha.. more probably touching family type.

• Like 3
  • LOL 1

38 minutes ago, Prettysup said:

After being married for 17 years I dont think there will be hot romance haha.. more probably touching family type.

Yes I think more family love :) 

And someone posted a pic of JH then and now. Slide right for the next pic. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, kohnlee said:

Some say this is bad papa, some say it could be DCS Father.

I think it's DCS father. It's impossible to be bad papa. I think filming will start for BP in August since it will air in September. 

JH and his spoilers are unstoppable.:D

• Like 2
  • LOL 2

" Money Flower→  Greasy Melo → Bad Papa " … Jang Hyuk, beautifully crazy hardworking journey

Jang Hyuk, a trusted actor, is having a splash in 2018. Including his next upcoming work, he will have 3 dramas within this year.

Although actor Jang Hyuk works hard like a cow,  his acting is never boring. Jang has a talent for expressing characters in three dimensions with his own charm. So even after a long time, I still remember his acting in " Chuno, " " Tree with Deep Roots, " " Iris 2, " and " Fated to love you "

In addition, Jang Hyuk 's performance has also been renewed and growing. This year, he met his life work through MBC weekend drama 'Money Flower' which was aired from last November last year to February this year. The character he played, Kang Pil-joo, has lived for more than 20 years hiding the fact that he is a real eldest grandson of a rich family, all the time waiting for revenge. Jang Hyuk's restrained performance revealed a different charisma, adding much tension to the drama from his intense acting.

Three months after 'Money Flower' ended, Jang Hyuk returned to the screen with SBS drama 'Greasy Melo '. Here, he captured viewers with a charm that is 180 degrees different from 'Money Flower'. He plays Doo Chil-sung, the owner of a Chinese restaurant who was an ex-gangster boss. He seems to had led a tough life, but he fell in love with Dan Sae-woo (Jung Ryeo-won) at first sight. Jang Hyuk maximized Doo Chil-sung's charm with his unique comic performance. Therefore, there are many viewers who hope that the Doo Chil-sung will have a good relationship. 

Jang Hyuk has also confirmed his next drama to be MBC's new Mon/Tue drama ' Bad Papa,'. He will play the unfortunate character Yoo Ji-chul, a former champion boxer who loses both his money and fame. He will recover his life through mixed martial arts fighting and depict a story about family relationships. In real life, Jang Hyuk has a loving wife and has a special affection for his three children, which is one of the reasons why his performance in  'Bad Papa' is met with much anticipation.

20180616_1529102307_86040100_1.jpg

http://www.tvreport.co.kr/?c=news&m=newsview&idx=1063233

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

12 hours ago, Prettysup said:

Lol. With the given synopsis probably it will be antithesis of romance.:lol:

Maybe in the flashbacks we will see some romantic moments. B)

But I hope they choose other actors to play the young couple. I can't imagine Hyukie playing a twenty year old.:grimace:

• Like 1
  • LOL 1

3 hours ago, kohnlee said:

Some say this is bad papa, some say it could be DCS Father.

No it cannot be Bad Papa. You see the poster behind him? The person who posted it yesterday hashtagged it with 'Greasy melo'

• Like 4