8 hours ago, Biology Lesson said:

It's like he was saying "I don't want to bother the production with my character, it's a side character anyway. leave me here in my corner and I will take care of him all on my own..." :) 

Thanks for sharing that! He is really so detailed. And his efforts paid off. His fan is such a scene stealer! But only if held by him!

Here's the clip of that segment

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Biology Lesson said:

Just saw the "happy together" episode in which the artist that painted BW's fans appeared. She said that JH "carefully" asked her to paint a fan for him to express BW's loneliness. She painted 4 for him. She said that on shoots JH kept displaying her fans in strange ways so that they could be seen. So much so that the director at a certain point called him and asked him if something was wrong as he was behaving awkwardly. At this point JH told him the whole story. She said that the director felt grateful and told JH to display them confidently. This is when she told about the scene in which JH held one of her fans displayed on his back as he was walking away, like a peacock :) She said that when she saw that she was so happy, that she called JH and told him that she will be happy to do more paintings for him whenever he'd want one.

This was very interesting to me as it again shows that the fans were JH's idea, that he WAS intentionally doing his best to display them, and it wasn't just a quirk of BW :). But it also shows that JH doesn't share too much of what he does. Clearly, the director didn't know about what he intended to do with the fans and he only questioned JH because JH was behaving strangely about it, showing that generally, even if JH does take direction, on the minutia of his character, JH directs himself.

Permissions to share this on other site. :)

• Like 1

So the singer of the main theme of Chuno appeared in the Sugarman episode yesterday. The reaction of the audience was really cool. Also, it amused me when they cut completely to clips from the show, when the whole point should be the singer :) The power of JH's abs and pecs... too hard to resist :D

He also spoke of a "slight" mess up with his voice (or was it the mike?) when he performed the song in an award show... The look on JH's face... 

• Like 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 1
  • Awesome 1

32 minutes ago, Biology Lesson said:

So the singer of the main theme of Chuno appeared in the Sugarman episode yesterday. The reaction of the audience was really cool. Also, it amused me when they cut completely to clips from the show, when the whole point should be the singer :) The power of JH's abs and pecs... too hard to resist :D

He also spoke of a "slight" mess up with his voice (or was it the mike?) when he performed the song in an award show... The look on JH's face... 

Still the most iconic drama OST that i ever heard and still got goose bumps all over again.

I think they want to create something similar to original sound so they edit the mike sound but it sound totally weird on that award show. lol. Apparently using the megaphone is close second and he sound great.

I have to Google back the singer coz I keep mistaken with singer Lim Jae Bum that sang another piece, Stigma . So this is Gloomy's 30.

• Like 4

24 minutes ago, yoeda said:

Still the most iconic drama OST that i ever heard and still got goose bumps all over again.

I think they want to create something similar to original sound so they edit the mike sound but it sound totally weird on that award show. lol. Apparently using the megaphone is close second and he sound great.

I also thought using the megaphone was perfect. He sounded really good. 

Chuno was the perfect storm, I think, and this song was part of that storm. It's exciting, dramatic and creative. However, the other song, Stigma, I detest. I thought it was cheesy and I really didn't like the voice of the singer. Maybe it had something to do with my intense dislike for the love story... :)

One thing I don't like in historical kdramas is the use of modern sounding songs. I don't understand why don't they use more traditional music, something that will be appropriate to the era of the show. To me it was especially jarring in MC- the songs really pulled me out of the show!

• Like 4

17 minutes ago, Biology Lesson said:

Chuno was the perfect storm, I think, and this song was part of that storm. It's exciting, dramatic and creative. However, the other song, Stigma, I detest. I thought it was cheesy and I really didn't like the voice of the singer. Maybe it had something to do with my intense dislike for the love story... :)

One thing I don't like in historical kdramas is the use of modern sounding songs. I don't understand why don't they use more traditional music, something that will be appropriate to the era of the show. To me it was especially jarring in MC- the songs really pulled me out of the show!

I love Stigma the most. I think the singer LJB interpreted Daegil pain really well with his voice. First time i heard it, I'm thinking his voice is Jang Hyuk but in a better singing voice. lol

I don't have prob with Change coz i think it's suit Chunos story with all the chase and action. And when I watch the opening with the music I already have a vibe that this totally will be good. It's kinda hype your anticipation. But, for the opening it kinda suit coz they put the choir (or they called it soprano? whatever. lol) part and left the rap 

Btw, i don't pay any attention on any MC OST. lol. So, I can't say it bother me.

Edit: I, sometimes detest the love story too. I just want him to be happy and live well. All the pining make me think this is not going to end well for him. Go chase the rainbow with General Choi and Wang Soon and forget Un Nyeon. :sweatingbullets:

• Like 2
  • Love 1

18 minutes ago, Biology Lesson said:

I think its cause both Chuno and MC are considered “fusion sageuk”, I believe there are other (mostly older) sageuk that is more “traditional” and they don’t use modern music on the OST. However I do love Chuno’s OST! Thank you for posting the Sugar Man video. It also gave me goosebumps :glasses:

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, yoeda said:

I love Stigma the most. I think the singer LJB interpreted Daegil pain really well with his voice. First time i heard it, I'm thinking his voice is Jang Hyuk but in a better singing voice. lol

I don't have prob with Change coz i think it's suit Chunos story with all the chase and action. And when I watch the opening with the music I already have a vibe that this totally will be good. It's kinda hype your anticipation. But, for the opening it kinda suit coz they put the choir (or they called it soprano? whatever. lol) part and left the rap 

I guess I shouldn't really comment on Chuno, cause I really don't like that show. I know, blasphemy... :) Not because of the bad ending, that I didn't mind, but everything that wasn't JH I disliked. Everything! When I think of what JH did for Chuno, it's like those strong men competitions- JH, through sheer talent and insight and determination, dragging that tank of a show to success. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, dramafan33 said:

I think its cause both Chuno and MC are considered “fusion sageuk”, I believe there are other (mostly older) sageuk that is more “traditional” and they don’t use modern music on the OST. However I do love Chuno’s OST! Thank you for posting the Sugar Man video. It also gave me goosebumps :glasses:

Sure thing! I especially loved seeing JH's glistening muscles in the background :)  

Also, if any of you find the entire show (I didn't), I know there are more parts in which they mentioned Chuno and JH (they obviously talked about TJ :) )- so if you could post those bits, I'd be grateful! 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, dramafan33 said:

I think its cause both Chuno and MC are considered “fusion sageuk”, I believe there are other (mostly older) sageuk that is more “traditional” and they don’t use modern music on the OST. :glasses:

I want to see JH in a 'genuine' saeguk though. I like Chuno's OST which I believe is one of the best among all of K-dramas. I also love makjangish background score of Money Flower.:D

• Like 2

1 hour ago, azureblue7 said:

Read more stories about him in the army at Christine's blog https://m.blog.naver.com/PostView.nhn?blogId=janghyuk_forever&logNo=221768052180&navType=tl

She has some great info and posts, but sadly, I tried using the automatic translation in order to read her posts, and the translation is incomprehensible. I actually tried asking her to explain some of her IG posts in the past, and she wouldn't. 

So if any of guys can make sense of what is written in these accounts...

19 minutes ago, Biology Lesson said:

She has some great info and posts, but sadly, I tried using the automatic translation in order to read her posts, and the translation is incomprehensible. I actually tried asking her to explain some of her IG posts in the past, and she wouldn't. 

So if any of guys can make sense of what is written in these accounts...

@Biology Lesson, encourage you to use Naver https://papago.naver.com/ translator. But you do have to copy and paste, so if you're hardworking enough to do that then ok. Haha. That's the most accurate and logical translation. I always use that. Google translate is terrible for korean language, simply because the sentence structures are very different in Korean compared to English, and Naver captures those nuances. 

• Thanks 3

5 hours ago, fiesty8001 said:

I want to see JH in a 'genuine' saeguk though. I like Chuno's OST which I believe is one of the best among all of K-dramas. I also love makjangish background score of Money Flower.:D

Oh yes love MFs OST too, but my second favorite one is “Fated to love you” OST :wub:

@Biology Lesson Blasphemy! :P but nah! Its funny cause my first impression of Chuno was similar, everything unrelated to Daegil I thought was too much, boring, dense, not my cup of tea etc etc but for some reason I rewatched it (more than once) and with each rewatch I appreciated more aspects of it so now I say I “love” Chuno but technically I mostly love Daegi and his gang, but I also appreciate some other storylines, the only one I can never care for is the painter and those women of the tavern.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, The Reel Life said:

@Biology Lesson, encourage you to use Naver https://papago.naver.com/ translator. But you do have to copy and paste, so if you're hardworking enough to do that then ok. Haha. That's the most accurate and logical translation. I always use that. Google translate is terrible for korean language, simply because the sentence structures are very different in Korean compared to English, and Naver captures those nuances. 

Tried it. It was slightly better, but I still didn't understand most of what was written. Either that or these are very strange stories :) ... I did manage to understand that JH read non-stop and exercised. Also- That JH would call his future-brother-in-law every morning to wake him up and tell him to go to school?! Also that he had a connection to a tree?! :blink: 

17 minutes ago, Biology Lesson said:

Tried it. It was slightly better, but I still didn't understand most of what was written. Either that or these are very strange stories :) ... I did manage to understand that JH read non-stop and exercised. Also- That JH would call his future-brother-in-law every morning to wake him up and tell him to go to school?! Also that he had a connection to a tree?! :blink: 

@Biology Lesson what I have got from translation to chinese is that JH called his future wife (girlfriend at that time) every morning to wake her up and tell her to go to school.:lol: As for the tree part, I don't get it too:sweatingbullets:

• LOL 1

20 minutes ago, Dramak said:

@Biology Lesson what I have got from translation to chinese is that JH called his future wife (girlfriend at that time) every morning to wake her up and tell her to go to school.:lol: As for the tree part, I don't get it too:sweatingbullets:

His girlfriend to go to school?! she is three years older than him! What school?! This is so confusing...:blink::lol:

• LOL 3