♥ Ha Ji Won 하지원 ♥ 河智苑 ♥ ハジウォン♥ || Drama 2022: Curtain Call

strwbrry

Hello everyone! I am one of Ha Ji Won's fan since I watched her drama What Happened in Bali a long time ago. I've been reading this thread silently since a long time ago and decided not to get involve, because I'm afraid I cannot stop once I start. However, because of Empress Ki, and how HJW's character has been treated recently in EK, I cannot stand it anymore and decided to get involve in EKs forum to show my view and dissatisfaction there. However, again, once I started I cannot stop , then I decided to get involve in this forum too , especially because I found that all of you are so kind and warm and it is so peaceful in here :).
I already recognised @larabn, @tieuyeunu and @pegster from the EKs thread who always support SN and of course HJW. Thank u so much for doing that all this time, hehehe.....
@andra30 Thank u for making the GIF of both my favourite scenes from EK ep 49, badass SN and when TT wipe his tears while saying gwibi mama. He really looks like he needed a hug from SN for that scene. I ask if anyone can do that in EKs thread (since I dont actually know how to do it), eventually I can see it here. Maybe we can compare the coolest way of wiping tears HJW show the first time she entered the palace to be the concubine and TT's one? hehehe....Both HJW and TT are cool, indeed HJW love to be called cool isn't it? Or is it in the SeGa only?
Thank u so much to everyone who keep updating us with HJW's activities all this time. 
@Libera I feel the same as you are and really scared to watch the drama recently, because it really makes my heart broken into million pieces watching HJW hurt in there.
BTW, did anyone know where I can watch HJW's Life is Beautiful ep 12-16 with eng subs? I watched it in you tube, but I feel so sad, because I cannot finish the drama, since it was only up to ep 11. The uploader is Ha Ji Won PH, is it anyone in this thread know her?
;))

Guest JezzaG

Im watching episode 49 just now and can I just say how much I love the white robe+pale makeup combo. It compliments her so well, gosh. so pretty... such goddess  :x ^:)^
oqlq.jpg

Wow, just wow!  I can not believe I'm seeing such negative comments in the HJW thread directed to HJW's choice of projects.
Really?  Have you thought that if you are bashing HJW's work and choices of projects you're also indirectly bashing her?
I understand that being fan doesn't mean that you have to blindly support every one of her works or decisions, but as a fan, that doesn't give you the right to bash her works like that.  If you don't like it, criticize it constructively.  Don't go bashing it and saying how crappy you think it is, how much you hate it, and what a horrible decision HJW made to take part in the project.
HJW has said herself, she likes to take challenges, and sometimes her choices may cause her fans to worry, to which she apologizes for it.  HJW is not some raising star anymore, she can pick and choose what projects she wants to take part in.  Is it wrong for her to want to challenge herself and test out new characters?  
Have people forgotten the speech HJW made at the MBC Drama awards and other interviews?  She called herself a new actress because she's starting out fresh with her new company, she mentioned how hard it was for her before she accepted the role in EK, but she also said how much she enjoyed acting out this character, and working with the cast and crew.  To me, that sounds like EK is an important piece of work for her.
Why is this choice so bad?  Because she's playing a 'negative' character in a drama that's distorting history?  Because her character has turned from a strong bada$$ character to a weak woman blindly in love?
I'm sorry, but that topic needs to be dropped, like now.  It's been addressed many times, and her character is a positive one (for now), and a disclaimer has been smacked on to all of the earlier episodes to explain that this drama is fictional based on some historical characters.  It's a frickin drama, not a documentary.
People just can't be satisfied.  If she continues to play only strong characters, people complain that she's typecast as an action only actor, when her characters evolve to show some vulnerable characteristics, she's turned into some weak stereotypical kdrama female lead.  
Can you not think of it as the character evolving?  SN's character had to be strong and bada$$ in the beginning because she was all alone, fighting for herself to stay alive, trying to take revenge for her parents death.  Now that she's taken revenge, and not alone anymore, she's got a family, a child and a husband, of course her character has to change.  Her priorities are different now.  A strong woman can't fall in love?  What happened to the saying love is blind?  You can't deny that TH did a lot for her in the beginning, and he treated her very well, so it's not unbelievable that she'd fall in love with him.  Although I am surprised at how much more she loves him now, but I can understand why.  
SN grew up without a family, as an orphan, always had to fend for herself, and at the same time plan to revenge her mother's death on the person who is raising her.  Now she has a family, something she's never had before, of course she's going to cherish it, and show some weakness toward those who she care about.  She can't let anyone else around her die before her eyes.  She's already lost her parents, and her son twice.  She's strong, but she's not a metal block, there's a limit to her strength, she's not going to be able to handle it mentally if she loses anyone else that she cares about now.
This might not be her best piece of work, but it's not her worst either.  Should fans not be happy that HJW is being praised her acting, even getting praises saying how her acting is what saved the drama?  Is that not more important?  She's being recognized for her acting. Even if we look at just ratings, it's kicking butts.  
I may not have enjoyed every single part of EK, but I enjoyed every moment of HJW's screentime.  Enough for me to re-watch many of her scenes.  Like some other posters have said, it's not the drama that's bad, it's the negative vibe coming from all the fans and shippers.
HJW fans are already having a hard time keeping up with all the negative stuff coming from the EK thread, we shouldn't have to deal with that here in HJW's own thread.
I'm not going to apologize for my rant, because I'm not sorry about it.  If you don't like it, scoot over and skip my post.

• Insightful 1

@pegster agreed with you. I always remind myself as Ha Ji Won's fan, I must be positive and don't be too negative. I'm understand maybe the negative comments came up because we love Ha Ji Won so much but please respect her choice. If not us her fan who else can be her supporter..   :)>-

Hi girls! :-h ¿How are you?? :D
Sorry.. I just woke up.. ( :P ) So.. here I go..

@larabn : I wanted to tell you.. Thank you very much for the pictures! >:D<
HJW really is a preciousness.. love her natural beauty ~! :x

tieuyeunu said: Sorry for cut your post...

So many people call her lips fish lips though...She even said her fans tell her she's so bad at kissing when she thinks she's quiet good.

I have to admit she's pretty bad, she doesn't know how to respond. But I guess since she's only dated twice and not even for that long she doesn't have experience in it. She said her first boyfriend told her she was like a log whenever they were hugging. LOL.

Guest im_nyuna

I honestly don't understand how HJW's kissing is bad... It may just be King 2 Hearts (I think she held back because LSG is a lot younger than she is), but all the other dramas and movies of her that I watched (SG, EK, Closer to Heaven, Sex is Zero), her kissing is excellent. Well, I feel awkward now 'cause we're analyzing kissing skills lol. But anyways, I feel like some people want the girl to be too aggressive, when the guy should be doing the most work after all. What I can't stand is the girl literally pucking her lips together and staying like that... HJW actually moves along with the guy, although not as aggressively as he is (good). 
As for SN's character transformation, I enjoy it because HJW is showing us like what.. three characters within ONE drama. Watching EK reminds me how amazing HJW is to be portraying all three forms of her character flawlessly. 

pegster said: Wow, just wow!  I can not believe I'm seeing such negative comments in the HJW thread directed to HJW's choice of projects.
Really?  Have you thought that if you are bashing HJW's work and choices of projects you're also indirectly bashing her?
I understand that being fan doesn't mean that you have to blindly support every one of her works or decisions, but as a fan, that doesn't give you the right to bash her works like that.  If you don't like it, criticize it constructively.  Don't go bashing it and saying how crappy you think it is, how much you hate it, and what a horrible decision HJW made to take part in the project.
HJW has said herself, she likes to take challenges, and sometimes her choices may cause her fans to worry, to which she apologizes for it.  HJW is not some raising star anymore, she can pick and choose what projects she wants to take part in.  Is it wrong for her to want to challenge herself and test out new characters?  
Have people forgotten the speech HJW made at the MBC Drama awards and other interviews?  She called herself a new actress because she's starting out fresh with her new company, she mentioned how hard it was for her before she accepted the role in EK, but she also said how much she enjoyed acting out this character, and working with the cast and crew.  To me, that sounds like EK is an important piece of work for her.
Why is this choice so bad?  Because she's playing a 'negative' character in a drama that's distorting history?  Because her character has turned from a strong bada$$ character to a weak woman blindly in love?
I'm sorry, but that topic needs to be dropped, like now.  It's been addressed many times, and her character is a positive one (for now), and a disclaimer has been smacked on to all of the earlier episodes to explain that this drama is fictional based on some historical characters.  It's a frickin drama, not a documentary.
People just can't be satisfied.  If she continues to play only strong characters, people complain that she's typecast as an action only actor, when her characters evolve to show some vulnerable characteristics, she's turned into some weak stereotypical kdrama female lead.  
Can you not think of it as the character evolving?  SN's character had to be strong and bada$$ in the beginning because she was all alone, fighting for herself to stay alive, trying to take revenge for her parents death.  Now that she's taken revenge, and not alone anymore, she's got a family, a child and a husband, of course her character has to change.  Her priorities are different now.  A strong woman can't fall in love?  What happened to the saying love is blind?  You can't deny that TH did a lot for her in the beginning, and he treated her very well, so it's not unbelievable that she'd fall in love with him.  Although I am surprised at how much more she loves him now, but I can understand why.  
SN grew up without a family, as an orphan, always had to fend for herself, and at the same time plan to revenge her mother's death on the person who is raising her.  Now she has a family, something she's never had before, of course she's going to cherish it, and show some weakness toward those who she care about.  She can't let anyone else around her die before her eyes.  She's already lost her parents, and her son twice.  She's strong, but she's not a metal block, there's a limit to her strength, she's not going to be able to handle it mentally if she loses anyone else that she cares about now.
This might not be her best piece of work, but it's not her worst either.  Should fans not be happy that HJW is being praised her acting, even getting praises saying how her acting is what saved the drama?  Is that not more important?  She's being recognized for her acting. Even if we look at just ratings, it's kicking butts.  
I may not have enjoyed every single part of EK, but I enjoyed every moment of HJW's screentime.  Enough for me to re-watch many of her scenes.  Like some other posters have said, it's not the drama that's bad, it's the negative vibe coming from all the fans and shippers.
HJW fans are already having a hard time keeping up with all the negative stuff coming from the EK thread, we shouldn't have to deal with that here in HJW's own thread.
I'm not going to apologize for my rant, because I'm not sorry about it.  If you don't like it, scoot over and skip my post.

@KihoL I think its just that I'm used to people kissing each other like they're trying to devour the other person that I find anything less 'active' bad. HJW usually only does the kissing scenes good if its a close up...of course we don't know what her real kissing skills are like...eh he he...

@ben1090 I will send you link to the remaining episodes of Life is Beautiful. Please don't pass around, I do not want to have my account reported again.

@Pegster Maybe I was a bit harsh to use the word hate for EK, but I hate it simply for the way they are treating Ki, I like Ki the character, and once this is over, when the hurt has subsided, my love for HJW will overrule anything negative about the drama and I will likely love it again. I'm too hurt in her place to have any other feeling for it right now. :( :( :(

Wanted to share these pictures. My Empress Ki OST has arrived and I am very happy with the amount of HJW pictures in it. She's on every page...almost.

20140424_074028.jpg

20140424_073856.jpg20140424_073905.jpg20140424_073913.jpg

20140424_073924.jpg20140424_073933.jpg

20140424_073941.jpg

20140424_073949.jpg20140424_073957.jpg

20140424_074005.jpg20140424_074013.jpg20140424_074028.jpg

My Celebrity Maggazine finally turned up as well. Will post on once I have some free time to scan it.

Just saw this in HJW DC
It's the new modern day EK CF/project that HJW and JCW are starring in.
Empress Ki 650 Years Later
13965703226_3ba8b0c363_o.jpg

Looks like they're going to release it right before the EK finale (that's unless if EP 50 is the real finale, and EP 51 is just the BTS).

Oh, I forgot to say some other things I wanted to say.. (sorry if not by order of the post)

@pegster .. =D> ^:)^ =D> Totally agree with you!
I told you.. I love all your post,
You are really the best~ :-bd
;)

@Gtangerine :
I would love be able go to Japan for meet HJW..
But, unfortunately.. this very far.. :(
And about HB & HJW.. Yes, I would like see a reunion between them :)

KihoL said: I honestly don't understand how HJW's kissing is bad... It may just be King 2 Hearts (I think she held it back because LSG is a lot younger than she is), but all the other dramas and movies of her that I watched (SG, EK, Closer to Heaven, Sex is Zero), her kissing is excellent. Well, I feel awkward now 'cause we're analyzing kissing skills lol. But anyways, I feel like some people want the girl to be too aggressive, when the guy should be doing the most work after all. What I can't stand is the girl literally picking her lips together and staying like that... HJW actually moves along with the guy, although not as aggressively as he is (good). 
As for SN's character transformation, I enjoy it because HJW is showing us like what.. three characters within ONE drama. Watching EK reminds me how amazing HJW is to be portraying all three forms of her character flawlessly. 

@tieuyeunu‌ thank u so much, I really appreciate it.Don't worry, I will not pass it around, since I dont have any friends in my country that love HJW as we are except in this thread :).

wow, the empress ki ost album, really has many HJW pictures, n she looks so beautiful in there :-bd. I thought there are only 3 main leads, but TN has her own main picture in the album too, she must be so popular after EK :).

@pegster‌ the CF picture is so beautiful and it looks really like a new drama :)

@ben1090 welcome to Ha Ji Won thread.  :-h
ben1090 said: @tieuyeunu‌ thank u so much, I really appreciate it.Don't worry, I will not pass it around, since I dont have any friends in my country that love HJW as we are except in this thread :). wow, the empress ki ost album, really has many HJW pictures, n she looks so beautiful in there :-bd. I thought there are only 3 main leads, but TN has her own main picture in the album too, she must be so popular after EK :). @pegster‌ the CF picture is so beautiful and it looks really like a new drama :)

Guest im_nyuna

http://www.allkpop.com/article/2014/04/poll-which-actress-would-you-want-as-your-older-sisterha-ji-won_1398271597_HaJiWon.jpgHa Ji Won is practically the epitome of confidence and charisma when it comes to actresses.  She always plays a super tough role and has a boyish side to her that lets you kill two birds with one stone as she can be both the older sister and older brother figure!  She is also assertive in what she does, so she provides the perfect role model for living life the way you want in order to become successful and happy.

I definitely want Ha Ji Won to be my sister out of all the choices!... but am I the only one who hates the fact how everyone thinks she's manly/boyish and stuff after Secret Garden (and other action roles)? I know Ji Won's action skills are daebak, but I feel like people are missing out on the real Ji Won.. the aegyo and innocent HJW :) I mean I'm fine with people seeing her as an action actress, but there's just so much more to her as an actress and person than just strength and aggressiveness. An "older brother figure"? Really, allkpop?

@ben1090 I sent the link. When I mean pass around I mean don't share it on other websites, I'm ok with PM to other people but once the links goes public I might get into trouble. My last account was shut down because of it.

@cunn I use Ebay, JapanCD, Yesasia, Amazon and YahooJapan to search and buy stuff. Of course it means you subject yourself to chances of losing your money if the parcel gets misdirected because a lot of these people don't offer shipping insurance. My best friend is Korean so I ask her to buy me stuff too.

I finally found a better quality version of Family Outing. Now if only people would seed...

Sharing this from DCinside.

web_3660818913_d56f36ec.png

web_3529753854_2a2d8f43_web_1893082898_d

@tieuyuenu thank you, you're so lucky .When the time come I buy some of HJW's stuffs I pray they don't misdirect my parcel.  :D

@KihoL I know how you feel, I feel like people only know of the her that was in Secret Garden and not the real her. The real HJW is not boyish, she's very feminine and cute. She practically invented the pout-wiggle ageyo!

@cunn one of my parcel was previously misdirected and the supplier resent so now I have two copies of her NorthCape 2013 and another catalogue I don't know what to do with. I find it best if you type out your address exactly as you want it and provide to them and tell them not to change it.

You want it? I can send it to you if it doesn't cost too much.

...is it obvious I'm bumming around at work? I've been looking up HJW photo's all day.

@cunn where are u from dear?
Thank u so much @tieuyeunu :)! You made my day! I really appreciate it! I am studying right now, but I will definitely find times to watch it! Now I am so happy, waiting for times to watch my young and bubbly HJW, while singing the song 'Happy' by Pharrel Williams, hehehe...   :-\"

@tieuyeunu I bought DVD from Thai once, I used my workplace address. I'm so nervous counting the days when will I get my parcel.

How much? yeah I want..thank you so much

@ben1090 welcome dear..I'm from Malaysia and you?