♥ Ha Ji Won 하지원 ♥ 河智苑 ♥ ハジウォン♥ || Drama 2022: Curtain Call

strwbrry

On 5/6/2011 at 2:40 PM, Guest RAINLUVER012 said:

HJW does not have at twitter account. She does not have a cyworld either.

She said that she checks the internet often for news articles about herself (sometimes from her computer in her reading room at home and sometimes from her iphone), but other than that, she is not very active in the internet community haha

She posts in her fan cafe when she has free time (which is not very often...)

She is known for making many typos XD

Her younger brother, Jeon TaeSu has a twitter http://twitter.com/#!/JunTaeSu and a cyworld www.cyworld.com/goust431/

A fun fact~ ^^

Her cafe nickname is 햇님 (Haet-Nim) It's a cute way of saying "Sun" It was one of her nicknames from her school friends.

Her real name is 해림 (Hae-Rim) which sounds like 햇님 (Haet-Nim).

That is why many of her fans call her HaetNim. I think it is a very fitting nickname for her ^^

19715058.jpg

*****Really, really, really long post coming up. Be warned!!******

I also became her "hardcore" fan because of her personality :D

I first liked her because she was good at acting. Damo was the first Korean drama I watched (that was when I was in 6th grade) After Damo, I watched every drama she starred in and became a fan of "actress Ha JiWon" I still haven't watched all of her movies. (I can't watch scary movies T-T)

I started liking the "person Ha JiWon" after watching her interviews and shows she were in, reading articles about her, and hearing what others said about her (her old fans, other actors and directors).

She's not only pretty and good at acting. She's a really genuine person. (that sounds so cliche... haha BUT it's true!)

She truly loves her job. She often says that she is happy and grateful that she is an actress.

vlcsnap2011050515h35m48.png

She is known for being a hard worker. People call her "hardcore Ha JiWon" One of her nicknames on set is "Iron-Woman" (철녀)

Even though she has 14 years of acting experience, she works hard as hard as a rookie.

For Damo, she spent hours attached to wires, doing martial arts.

20110321232735.jpg20110321232956.jpg

-

3 months before filming duelist, HJW practiced martial arts every day for 10 hours. Even while filming, she was constantly practicing. While the staff set up the lights for filming, HJW used that time to practice more martial arts. She also learned dance ^^

While filming Duelist, there was an incident when HJW was rushed to the emergency room. HJW was filming an action scene late at night and the director yelled, "Cut!" and she fainted. She was rushed to the emergency room and diagnosed with a neckbone fracture. Later in an interview, she said that she didn't want to make an NG because everyone was tired and if she made an NG, they would have to film everything again, so she endured the pain until the director gave the "ok" sign.

vlcsnap2011050517h18m09.pngvlcsnap2011050517h19m32.png

http://star.mt.co.kr/view/stview.php?no=2005082514200799374&type=1&outlink=1

-

For HwangJinYi, she learned how to tight rope walk and practiced traditional Korean dance for many hours a day.

Interview from her dance instructor: HJW came up to me and said, "Teacher, today I got hit over 100 times" (She filmed HwangJinYi and Miracle on 1st Street at the same time. ) Even though she came exhausted, she practiced from 11am to 11pm without resting. She had as much passion as my students who were majoring in Korean traditional dance."

ins.gif

022222.gif

-

For Miracle on 1st Street, she learned boxing and trained as a boxer for 6 months, doing the same exercises as actual boxers.

06.gif

For boxing tournament scene, they filmed 12 hours for 4 days in a row. She got punched in the nose and passed out, but continued filming after resting for 2 hours.

-

In order to learn the Busan dialect for HaeUnDae, HJW had a personal tutor and recorded all her lessons to listen to herself improve. She said learning the dialect was harder than filming the action scenes. haha. She even had nightmares with people speaking in Busan dialect!

-

For Secret Garden, HJW did 100% of the wire action scenes. Her stuntwoman, Yoo MiJin said HJW is so good with action scenes that she doesn't even need a stuntwoman most of the time (they used a stuntwoman for the scene where HJW had to jump off the ledge in the department store, the bicycle chase scene, and the scene where Gil RaIm jumps on the car.) HJW was always asking Yoo to teach her stunt moves.

-

For Sector 7, HJW learned skin scuba and got a motorcycle license. She exercised for 8 hours a day. She said her muscles were the largest ever for this role.

13044064812011050316082.jpg

-

Currently, for Korea, she is practicing table tennis for 3 hours every day to prepare for her role as Hyun JungHwa. Hyun JungHwa (who is currently her table tennis instructor) said at the beginning, HJW couldn't even hold the racquet correctly, but now, HJW can imitate Hyun Jung Hwa's pose.

28217232.jpg

-

HJW loves to exercise. Even with her busy schedule, HJW is always exercising. She exercises 3-4 hours at least 4 times a week, even when she is busy. During filming, if she has free time, she is never sitting still. Her personal trainer said her body age is in the early 20s.

Because of her excellent physical condition, HJW is able to film for hours nonstop. During the end of Hwang JinYi, HJW was only able to sleep for 2 hours a day and didn't even have time to eat regularly.

Her stylists and makeup artists were constantly rotating shifts because they were tired, but HJW could not be replaced because she was the main character.

Even though she was exhausted and cold (they filmed during the winter and all she wore was a hanbok), she never complained. She was sent to the hospital many times because of exhaustion and dizziness. She got an IV drip and went straight back to the set.

hjej.gif

blanket.jpg

blanket2.jpg

blanket3.jpg

Secret Garden writer Kim Eun Sook praised HJW by saying, "Her schedule was so busy that she had no time to sleep. When she was given 1 hour to rest, she came back after exercising for 30 minutes and showering for 30 minutes. She jumped rope for 30 minutes because she knew that if she slept, her face will become swollen"

She appreciates others.

When she was young, she wrote letters to her favorite elementary school teacher thanking her. screenshot20110404at220.png

94515729.jpg

She made cookies from scratch for the actors and staff of Babo.

2008022210224923001.jpg

When she graduated from university, she made chocolate and soap from scratch and gave it to her managers.

img13611.jpg

She bought 100 parkas for the staff of Hwang JinYi (total of 30.000,000 won or ~$30,000) She also bought clothes for staffs of What Happened in Bali and Miracle on 1st Street.

Even though she is a top actress she's really easy going. When she goes out to eat with movie staff, she cooks and cuts the meat for others.

A lot of people change after they get famous, but HJW is still sincere and hardworking.

She really appreciates her fans.

She remembers her old fans. At fan signing events and other events, she makes eye contact with everyone and tries to remember their faces.

For her annual fan meetings, she usually does something special.

In 2010, she bought lunch for ~100 of her fans on her birthday. (After she won the Blue Dragon best actress award in 2009, she promised that she would buy them food)

2010070722523610031.jpg

In 2006, she and her fan club members went on a picnic with the orphan children from the Seoul Children's Center.

200606050900166130.jpg

She LOVES children

In 2005, she donated the money she earned from filming the music video for Lee SooYoung's "Flower" to the children at Seoul University Medical Center to pay for their surgeries.

vlcsnap2011050520h34m55.png

She said she wants to open a kindergarten with her younger sister one day. (Her younger sister majored in child development)

wellmadestar12952446589.jpg

81509048.jpg

She loves animals too!

She's had a cockerspaniel named HaJi (named after one of her nicknames), an Afghan Hound named Harry, and a Schnauzer named Potter.

She also had 2 rabbits, one named Jjajang and the other named JjamBbong. (Jjajang and JjamBbong are 2 types of Korean/Chinese fusion(??) noodles. haha.)

She really loved her rabbits. She said they understood what she said and danced to music. She was in China when her mom called her and told her they died and she was really sad for a while. She buried them in cute rabbit clothes in a sunny area in her front yard.

withanimals1.jpg

She really likes eagles too xD

She has an awesome personality. b^-^d

She's always laughing!

On the set, she's always smiling and laughing, no matter how exhausted she is. She makes a lot of NGs because of her laughter.

0001.gif

203a92494d74d12b2ccc49.jpg

wellmadestar12927490509.jpg

wellmadestar12944963126.jpg

26325531.png

s37000395952.jpg

viewimage1a.jpg

0ea95960c093a5928cb10d4.jpg

screenshot20110120at101.png

781860385f2ff87596ddd88.jpg

Bruise on her knee! T-T

sidegv.jpg

881fec507c91af0a1138c2c.jpg

f13187261643645b8b82a1c.jpg1296555883_201102011925397238200601_0.gif?t=1304658978

Remember the photo shoot for Guess Eyewear from March? That photoshoot continued on even after midnight. One of the staff posted on her twitter:Now I know why all the staff like HJW. It must have been tiring filming until dawn but HJW never frowned and worked hard until the end.

She's loyal

She told director Yoon JaeGyun that she would do Miracle on 1st Street without even reading the scenario. She had worked with him before and he was in desperate need of a lead actress who could take the role of a woman boxer and the only person he wanted was HJW. This movie was 6th in the line of movies director Yoon wanted to start . (for 3 years he tried to start 5 movies, but they all failed before they even started filming)003.gif

She has made cameo appearances in Fashion 70s, My Best Week, Sex is Zero 2, and The Last Gift because of her friendships with actors and directors.

She attends A LOT of weddings.

1a4bf81f55f96442314e15c.jpg

Im Chang Jung

8b8ab61bda800b518718bfd.jpg

Cha Tae Hyun

f8752b73fa1340548601b0c.jpg

Yun JungHoon and Han GaIn

7c839816122d5c19f2de32d.jpg

Jo YoungGu

03ad36fa926a5556a9d311a.jpg

Lee HanWe

03ad36fa927f5556a9d311b.jpg

Kwon SangWoo and Son TaeYoung

1e372bdd7b3b8f918c1029b.jpg

Sul GyungKu and Song YoonAh

0181eec4eb43b7e18226ac8.jpg

Tablo and Kang HyeJung

45aeaac3212cfe1db319a89.jpg

Jang Dong Gun and Go So Young

-

She has worked nonstop for 14 years in projects ranging from horror to historical to drama to action to mellow to comedy to fantasy.

She's been a dysfunctional student, a villan, a ghost, a reporter, a Joseon detective, a tour guide, a gisaeng, a college student, a high school student, a radio broadcast writer, a boxer, a pianist, a stuntwoman, a funeral director, a sushi restaurant owner and now an oil rig engineer and table tennis player....

There are very few actors who can take in any role as well as HJW can. She is a truly amazing person ^-^

screenshot20110505at115.png

I couldn’t agree more with this explanation and cannot stop but to repost it :) 

Thank you for the writer. 

• Like 1
  • Insightful 1

Hallyu legend Ha Ji-won – 5 things to know about the legendary Korean action star of Secret Garden, The King 2 Hearts and Empress Ki

She has thrilled audiences with her action movie stunts, but between films she loves aerobics, boxing, Korean traditional dance, tango, horseback riding, Korean fencing and golf – as she turns 42, who is the real Ha Ji-won?

We grew up watching females become damsels in distress. However, Korean action star Ha Ji-won is one of the few female actresses that has successfully deviated from the norm. She played a stuntwoman in K-drama classic Secret Garden, a North Korean special agent in The King 2 Hearts and a ruler of the Yuan dynasty in Empress Ki.

As she celebrates her 42nd birthday on June 28, here are five things to know about the hallyu star.

She sweats for those awesome action scenes

Ha Ji-won thrives in preparing for her action roles. The actress starred as a female assassin in the 2017 movie Manhunt, by Hong Kong action master John Woo. In an interview with The Straits Times, she shared, “I wanted to make sure that I conveyed that smooth flow in my own action scenes, so I worked on my flexibility through jiu-jitsu and ballet for three months before shooting”.

She failed 100 auditions – really

Before stardom, she auditioned for a whopping 100 projects but didn’t snag any roles. Eventually, the stars aligned after she gained fame through her film debut in the 2000 thriller Truth Game.

Her stage name Ha Ji-won is based on her manager’s first love

The actress has revealed that Ha Ji-won is only a stage name, while her real name is Jeon Hye-rim. Her stage name was based on her manager’s unfulfilled first love. She told Soompi, “The first time I heard the name Ha Ji-won, I thought it was pretty and also bold”.

She’s skilled at boxing, hapkido, swimming and horseback riding

Performing stunts requires a lot of training, so Ha Ji-won is well-versed in many sports. She spent eight hours per day weight training and swimming for her fight scene in the 2011 movie Sector 7. 

In between films, she practices sports like aerobics, boxing, traditional Korean dance, tango, horseback riding, Korean fencing and golf.
She has won four Baeksang awards

There are no less than four Baeksang Arts Awards sitting on Ha Ji-won’s shelf, honouring her contributions to the Korean entertainment industry.

At the 46th Baeksang Arts Awards she was awarded best actress in film for Closer to Heaven. She also won best actress in TV for What Happened in Bali, most popular actress in film for Sex is Zero and best new actress in TV for Secret.

Link: https://www.scmp.com/magazines/style/news-trends/article/3089629/hallyu-legend-ha-ji-won-5-things-know-about-legendary?utm_source=Facebook

• Like 2

On 6/18/2011 at 11:26 AM, Guest RAINLUVER012 said:

I think that's a great idea! Like I said before, the more you know about HJW, the harder it is not to like her :)

I'll start off!

Did you know that...

HJW agreed to do "Miracle on 1st Street" with Directer Yoon JeGyoon without even reading the scenario!

This story shows that HJW is a very loyal and hardworking person :D

Taken from Director Yoon Je Gyoon's "Miracle on 1st Street" Production Diary http://maxmovie.segye.com/movie_info/special_read.asp?idx=MI0035749654&mi_type=42&key=&search=title

Some background information: Yoon JeGyoon and HJW had worked together before previously for "Sex is Zero" where HJW played a college aerobics athlete. They worked together recently for "Sector 7"

miracle020901.jpg

Before deciding to do "Miracle on 1st Street", I spent 3 years trying to create a piece of work.

Writer, Yoo SungHyeop, and I decided that the female lead would be a poor boxer who has not given up her dream. The problem came afterwards. I prefer realistic acting and cinematography, and I wanted a female lead who could surpass Hillary Swank's performance in "Million Dollar Baby". That is not possible with only camera tricks. I needed an actress who had as much skill as a real boxer.

Which Korean actress is capable of surpassing Hillary Swank? My conclusion was Ha JiWon. To be honest, other than JiWon, no other actress came into my mind. It was only Ha JiWon, and I believed it was only possible for Ha JiWon.

I called JiWon and JiWon's management company's president and planned a meeting. The next day, I went to JiWon's management office with a 5-page synopsis, determined and prepared.

miracle020902.jpg

JiWon and I caught up with each other and talked for a while. Then, I took out the synopsis from inside my jacket, like taking out a dagger, and put it down infront of JiWon.

"JiWon! Right now, there is nothing I can say but to trust me. I really want to do this project with you, and if you do it with me, I promise you that I will not let you down. For 3 years, I failed in starting 5 projects and this is my final choice. I'm not just asking you for a favor because we are close friends. You are the only actress who can take this role and it can be noone else but you. Please read it and call me back!"

"What about the scenario?"

That's right. To try to cast a lead actress without even showing her the scenario is hard to believe. This situation must have confused her. I came to cast her for a movie with no scenario and just a synopsis. It must have seemed strange.

"Yes~ I'm writing it right now. I'll send it to you as soon as it's finished!"

I was so embarrassed, I felt like getting up and leaving, but JiWon spoke again.

"Wait! Since this is this synop, I'll read it right now~"

I sat back down. JiWon read the synopsis very seriously, and...

"It's nice~ But, Director, could you promise me one thing?"

"What?"

"Please write the scenario well. Then, I'll do this project!"

I couldn't believe my ears. I stared at JiWon absent mindedly for a long time.

miracle020903.jpg

I found this out a while later: although JiWon considers the scenario, for her, trust and loyalty are the most important.

These days, I wonder how many actors will agree to do a project without even reading the scenario? I was moved to tears by JiWon's decision and I am still thankful.

With JiWon's loyal decision, the preparations for filming "Miracle on 1st Street" started rapidly.

The problem was JiWon's boxing training. Previous world champion, Byun JungIl, was to be JiWon's boxing coach. The gym she was to train at was the current world champion Kim JooHee's gym. However, JiWon had never boxed before. She also did not know how hard it was.

The day JiWon went to the gym, to be introduced, we saw Kim JooHee training. Jiwon saw how hard she was training and opened her eyes widely and told me!

"Director! I don't think I could do this~"

I started sweating and I told her

"But you signed the contract..."

I was busy with preparing for filming, so I was not able to visit JiWon while she trained. 3 months after she started training, I found time to visit her. I was curious about how much she improved. I saw Jiwon inside the ring.

"Gahh!!!"

miracle020906.jpg

JiWon inside of the ring seemed like a human-weapon. Instead of sparring with another female boxer, Jiwon had been sparring with martial arts director, Jung DoHong. I had seen her with my own eyes, but she did not seem like Jiwon. That beastly person inside the ring was definately H JiWon.

The boxing scene for "Miracle on 1st Street" took 4 days. Because of the setting of the gym, we had to film for more than 12 hours a day. When Jiwon had other scenes to film, she always took her personal trainer along and continued training. She is an actress I respect deeply.

The first day of filming the boxing scene, we started filming the 1st round. We started filming at dawn and filming had to stop after one hour. This was because JiWon's punch had caused the other boxer (who had been the current Korean female boxing champion)'s nose to bleed. After seeing blood, JiWon started panicking. Because she is tender-hearted, JiWon could not continue acting naturally after that. This is the first time I ever got mad at JiWon.

"IS THIS WHY YOU SUFFERED FOR 6 MONTHS!? IF YOU WERE GOING TO BE LIKE THIS, WE SHOULD HAVE USED A STUNT-DOUBLE, WHY DID YOU SUFFER?"

Seeing, JiWon cry in front of me hurt my heart, but I had to do this to continue filming. After this incident, the filming-site was quiet and filled with a chilly air. Everyone, Jiwon, the other boxer, Jung DoHong, and I were silently going crazy. Thankfully, Jiwon pulled herself together and, for over 10 hours, hit and got hit. I don't know why, but monitoring JiWon made me cry.

miracle020905.jpg

The last day of filming the boxing scene! Everyone, Jiwon, the other actors, and the staff, had filmed for over 40 hours during the past 3 days and nobody was in sound mind. As we filmed the last round, an accident occurred. This time, as the other boxer's punch hit JiWon's nose, JiWon screamed and fell to the floor.

JiWon's nose was swollen and she had bruises all over her face from the past 3 days. Furthermore, JiWon fell to the floor and lost consciousness. The filming site turned chaotic. JiWon's manager put her on his back and took her to the athlete waiting room. We were in a state of emergency. This was our last day that we could use the gym for filming, so we had to finish filming by the end of the day. However, the main actress had fainted from an injury.

The moment we decided to take JiWon to the emergency room and finish the last round with stunt doubles, we received a call that JiWon had woken up. We all ran to the athlete waiting room.

We all looked at JiWon with regretful expressions and JiWon opened her mouth with a hard expression

"Director! I'm sorry~ I'll continue filming after 10 minutes..."

Everyone in that room began to cry.

Like that, JiWon returned to the ring and filmed for another 5 hours. If I think about it again, all I could say is that she is strong. It was a miraculous experience.

Like that, the boxing scenes for "Miracle on 1st Street" finished safely. Everyone cheered and it seemed like we were finished, but JiWon took my arm and dragged me to the ring.

"Director! Could I ask you one favor?!"

miracle020904.jpg

All of a sudden, Jiwon asked me a favor. I remember it being more of a threat than a favor. JiWon asked me to spar for 3 rounds with the female boxer that she had filmed with.

I said, the boxer could get hurt while sparring and got out of the ring, but JiWon and the other staff started clapping, so I got back into the ring.

And... after 3 minutes I KOed.

JiWon and the staff grabbed their stomachs and laughed and I put my head down in embarrassment.

That was when I realized it... Boxing is this hard... It is a very hard sport.

That's right! Even running for 1 round is hard, but JiWon did this for over 40 hours for 4 days. If I think about it right now, that is not possible for a human to do.

JiWon! I have so many things to say to you, but before I say that I really want to say thank you. I thank you, not as a director, but as a person. You made a miracle that no other actor could have made. Through that hard filming, you never stopped smiling and showed your bright personaility. You put your all into this movie...

I always wanted to say this to you. Ha JiWon, a long time ago, you were the best, right now you're still the best, and in the future you will always be the best!

Chinggu overhere, first please apologize that I keep reposting some old thread/post as said previously I couldn't stop admiring her in the past even now.

I came through this post, and I wanna cry knowing how hard that time to filming Miracle on a 1st Street. She inspired me to not give up and always give the best. And she is loyal too.. 

As an action lover, I hope she can take another action/thriller role. But as 1023, I support all of her projects as long as Ha Ji Won can inspire us. :)

• Like 1

9 hours ago, strwbrry said:

Yes, @liv_1023 because of so many great things that HJW did in her career sometimes it will be so hard to describe how awesome she is :) and just left me speechless :D  

Yeah... words cannot describe her :D we can only support her the best!

• Like 1

On 8/21/2011 at 3:39 PM, Guest razelcada said:

Hello Jiwonnies!

Wooohh~~~wow dance~~~ it's been a while since I last posted here. I've been a silent reader for a while because of the exams. Next week I'll already be really in hell. Anyways, I think our HJW unni's been busy too. It's also been a while since her last tweet. Well, of course, to make up for the lost time of not sharing anything here, I've found one translated interview of our AMAZING YEOJA. 

Enjoy Wonnieess!!!

1163.jpg

EXPLOSION OF GENUINE ACTION CHARISMA - in-depth interview with Sector 7's Ha Ji Won

[sector 7] is a movie that belongs to Ha Ji Won, for Ha Ji Won, by Ha Ji Won. And the girl knows it too. A movie that had been one of Ha Ji Won’s goals, as she climbed up the drillship of [sector 7]. This ”Strongest Lady to the Max’, never been seen before in Korean movies. How she has a face-off with a monster as she stands on the drillship, an island towering above the vast sea, like a precipitous cliff above nothingness, above all expectations that all audience have of her. “That woman will definitely destroy that monster!” To become the warrior girl Cha Hae Joon, Ha Ji Won said “I did everything I could”. Just looking at her wearing her loose-fitting drillship clothes, one figures as much. She spent 7 months to train her body, earn a biking license and become a certified scuba diver, to convince viewers that even her muscles are firmer than men. She’s amazing? This, is just the beginning.

Written by movie journalist Park Hye Eun, layout by Naver Movies

Interview with Ha Ji Won in Sector 7

0-1.jpg

“I fell in love with the idea of a ‘warrior girl’ just by listening to it”

Q: I heard that the press conference was the first time you watched [sector 7] on the big screen. How do you feel, being the lead of Korea’s very first ‘warrior girl’ action 3D blockbuster?

A: I don’t know how the other actors feel, but personally when I watch my movies for the first time, I don’t have a sense of judgement – ‘How was my acting, how was the movie…’ I’m not in the right mind to judge it. I guess it’s because I’m too nervous, so it’s as if my head goes “ding~” (and nothing else), I think I’m the only one feeling this way. I watched it first during the press conference, and watched it the second time during the VIP preview. It was only then did I really see the details of the monster. (While watching for the 2nd time) During the press preview, I felt regretful about certain technical aspects of the movie. Because the movie previews were screened before the latter half post-production was perfectly finished, I felt that there were some inadequacies regarding the sound and 3D effects of the monster. When the post-production is finally finished and screened to audiences, it will probably be a more complete 3D movie for everyone.

1-1-1.jpg

1-2-1.jpg

(for the 2 images above and below) [Haeundae], [My Love By My Side], [secret Garden] and [sector 7]. In the past 2 years, Ha Ji Won really ran full-steam without stopping. And now, she’s practicing hard as table-tennis player Hyun Jung Hwa in movie [Korea] (working title). ‘Human Energizer’ – a nickname specially made for Ha Ji Won.

1-3.jpg

1-4.jpg

Q: Although the audience met ‘Gil Ra Im’ in [secret Garden] (2010) before warrior girl ‘Cha Hae Joon’ in [sector 7], I heard that you actually filmed [sector 7] first.

A: Yeah. To put them in order, I filmed [Haeundae] (2009), then [My Love By My Side] (2009), followed by [sector 7], before going to the filming location of [secret Garden]. My schedule was so tight that at the last night of filming for [sector 7], production staff from [secret Garden] came directly to the set to fetch me. I realised they had all been waiting for my filming schedule to end. (laughs)

Among all these works, the first that was discussed about was actually [sector 7]. Discussions for [sector 7] started even before discussions for [Haeundae]. At that time, there wasn’t even a scenario (script). Not even plans about it being a 3D movie. There is actually a [sector 7] drillship located south of Jeju Island, and it was not used for a long time. Although in existence, in this new and unfamiliar place, it was a story about the crew of the drillship battling with an unidentified creature. With a warrior girl as the main lead. Oh~ A warrior girl character rarely found in Korea! Just hearing this setting and I thought, “She’s cool”.

Q: [sector 7] is a movie for Ha Ji Won, it is a film by Ha Ji Won. Because this is a movie which you did everything you could, to present to us the scenes of how lead Cha Hae Joon fights the monster.

A: Because this is a blockbuster that costs over 10 billion won, and that it is the very first actual 3D film ever made (in Korea). What’s more, in the later half (where she fights with the monster), the female character has to present the next 30 minutes of the movie without a single dialogue. The character must have strength and energy to do that. Thus I really exerted great effort in it. Personally, I prepared this for 7 months. Whatever I could do, I felt I really did all I could.

1-5.jpg

Whether she’s among the guys, or confronting the monster, she’s never intimidated nor easily shoved aside. She is ‘warrior girl’ Cha Hae Joon, by Ha Ji Won.

1-6.jpg

Q: What kind of character had you wanted Cha Ha Joon to be?

A: Ambitiously, I wanted her to be ‘a character that never been seen before in Korean movies’. A really strong woman. When she stands right before the monster, I wanted to her to be a totally undaunted, cool and strong character. You know, like, a scene where the tension between the monster and the human being is so intense almost to the point where everything will snap. I wanted to portray that to the audience. It’s not just in Hollywood where you can find women fighting with monsters. She must absolutely not be portrayed with one bit of vulnerability or weakness, but must be a very strong woman – that was the only conviction I held to create this character.

Director Kim Ji Hoon also requested the same, saying, “If Hae Joonie doesn’t leave an impression of strength, it’s unacceptable.” After I was cast for the movie, my head was filled with thoughts only of Hae Joonie. So the script had words like “Hae Joon the bike-rider”? Then naturally Ha Ji Won had to ride a bike as well. (laughs) I couldn’t even think of thoughts like  ‘But what happens if bike-riding was difficult?’ I just do it. In 7 months, I drew up a schedule by myself, on the “Making of Cha Hae Joon’. Not even 1 minute was wasted. Everything was devoted to making Cha Hae Joon. Oh sheesh… no one even told me to do all these, I just invited trouble onto myself!  (super-laughs) (*rofl*)

Q: Care to share some insider tips from your “Making of Cha Hae Joon” Project?

A: Firstly, you have to train your body. So I drew up an exercise plan. Initially I was very ambitious. To make the body healthy and buff, I wanted to be like the guys on the drillship, and have really big muscles. (laughs) Here’s how the schedule of each day was like: After waking up in the morning, I will do weight training, and then I’ll swim, do pilates, and in the afternoon I’ll do weight training again. I wanted to do weight training day and night but my trainer said “no way”, but I rebelliously did it anyway. So that was what I did initially. Of course, this (way of training) couldn’t last for long. (laughs) My muscles were suffering a lot so weight training was reduced to once a day.

Instead, I did other forms of exercises. So in one day, I will do weight training, then play tennis, swim, and scuba dive. The next day, I will do weight training, pilates, and bike-riding. And the next day, weight training again… (laughs) My schedule was planned around this, until it’s time to eat. If I had lost my self-control, I could end up drinking at night, which would result in waking up late in the morning, and then not exercising. If so, I could lose the character of Hae Joon too. I couldn’t do that.

Q: So you literally spent 7 months having a life just on muscle-making?

A: Yeah. (laughs) I think I had only one glass of beer with really close unnies (older girlfriends) during that time? Then one day I couldn’t stand the schedule I drew up for myself. That day I kept thinking, “Why did I make this schedule to tire myself out so much?” and then I kind of ‘loosened’ up my schedule. (laughs) Muscles should be rested for two days per week so I rested during the weekend. I developed a ‘know-how’ (knowledge) over time. So during the weekends, I changed my schedule and I just did light workouts. (laughs)

1-7.jpg

Ha Ji Won appears in nearly every scene in [sector 7]. No matter how you see it, this movie belongs to Ha Ji Won, for Ha Ji Won, by Ha Ji Won.

1-8.jpg

2-1-1.jpg

For 7 months, Ha Ji Won did everything she can, for Cha Hae Joon.

2-2.jpg

2-3.jpg

For the combination with computer graphics, a green screen wraps around a filming set where Ha Ji Won carried out bike stunts by herself.

2-4.jpg

2-5.jpg

After filming [sector 7] (above), came drama [secret Garden] (below). After being rigorously trained in [sector 7], it’s almost as if Ha Ji Won’s stunt scenes were being replayed by stuntwoman Gil Ra Im in [secret Garden].

2-6.jpg

“Even if they are roles that others try to avoid, these roles stir my heart”

Q: The filming of [sector 7] was completed with much suffering. Personally, which scene were you most satisfied with?

A: The scene where I fight with the monster, at the later half of the movie. I hope the scene where I sped on the bike would turn out well. It had been really frightening and difficult, but it was worth it. In the (bike) scenes which were slippery, a stuntwoman acted instead of me, and in Korea, only 3 could do that. It was really dangerous. Although this profession is this dangerous, since we did it together it felt great. At the actual filming set, almost all the speeding and turning scenes were done by me. I also did many wire scenes. I started doing wire scenes since drama [Damo] (2003). Well, I guess because I started way earlier, it’s quicker for me to do wire scenes directly than having the martial arts team do it with a substitute for me. (laughs)

3-1.jpg

At the filming location (above) with Oh Ji Ho, Director Kim Ji Hoon and Ha Ji Won; at the press conference (below) with Ahn Sung Ki, Ha Ji Won, Oh Ji Ho, Park Chul Min.

3-2.jpg

Q: If we look at your filmography, you have acted in nearly every genre. From horror, melo (romance), drama, comedy, to action, you always seem to be finding something new to try.

A: Being the first to try out new genres, naturally there would be hesitation. But whether the results are good or not, to be able to take on a role that no one has attempted before, it stirs my heart. That’s why I guess I always end up doing these roles. I love that feeling, even if they are roles that others try to avoid, these roles stir my heart.

Q: Did you know that they were roles that other actresses avoided? (laughs)

A: I did. (laughs) But these roles still excite me, stirring my heart, I couldn’t help it.

Q: Ha Ji Won is recognized as one of the “actresses with ticket power’ in the Korean film industry. If it’s a film that Ha Ji Won appeared in, it is expected that the movie would be above average, i.e. viewers believe you aren’t a ‘weak’ actress. Likewise, expectations of [sector 7] on Ha Ji Won is equally high as the 3D monster. Don’t you feel pressured by these expectations?

A: Is it really like that? Is that correct? When I participate in films where I’m the ‘lead’, of course there is pressure. But I never placed more effort, or less effort, into acting based on the roles I get, I don’t do ‘calculated acting’ like this. People around me would say “You’re the lead of this movie, thus the movie will depend on you!” but whether it depends on me, or depends on all actors including me, the methods I use for acting doesn’t change accordingly. I just try to bring the character alive. Thus, things like “Because I’m the lead thus I’m more pressured, thus I have to work harder”, I don’t think like this. Frankly, you can’t film while thinking about the pressure. (laughs) Despite the pressures, after I have done my best, and viewers give me their recognition, love, and faith in me, this is how I continue to try new films, and be able to attempt films of bigger scale. Earlier when you mentioned that people “watch movies where Ha Ji Won appears” – of what people say, this one brings the most pressure. (laughs) It makes me feel that I must really do the movie well…

3-3.jpg

3-4.jpg

3-5.jpg

Ha Ji Won’s scenes from [sector 7] (above) and in the press conference (below). After completing her struggle with the monster, this ‘actress who doesn’t rest’ shall be working hard for [Korea], due to be released by Chuseok this year.

3-6.jpg

Q: During the press conference, there had been a sudden incident. Ha Ji Won, you suddenly cried in front of everyone. I would like to know how much suffering you had endured, how much anticipation and pressure there must have been, to the extent that our ‘Almighty Ha Ji Won’ had to reveal her tears.

A: Wah hahaha! That incident. Can I make a confession? Though I’ve acted in really a lot of strong characters, I’m very easily frightened. Because I get frightened, I’m a person who can’t even go on rides in amusement parks. And I’m weak in (physical) strength. Till now, I haven’t won arm-wrestling before, not even once. However my mental endurance, mental fitness seems pretty good. While filming [sector 7], frankly I went through a lot of suffering mentally. But I endured it thanks to my seniors and colleagues. They’re always treating me well, making me laugh. Now that I can wear pretty clothes and sit in the spotlight with my colleagues in the press conference, memories come back to me unexpectedly. Ah, I wouldn’t have been able to sit here if not for these people, because of thoughts like that, I cried! (laughs)

Q: One point that’s unique about [sector 7] is that although it’s a movie by Ha Ji Won, there’s totally no melo (romantic) emotions involved. I guess it’s a first for you?

A: Yeah, this is the first. That’s ‘cos Hae Joonie isn’t a person, she’s a child who loves oil. (laughs) Me too, when I’m filming, I prefer works involving melo emotions. It’s interesting. I gotta fall in love next time (in the next movie). To have a love that’s not typical, that’s special.

Q: But in your next work you’re table tennis legend ‘Hyun Jung Hwa’ in movie [Korea] (working title).

A: Ah, that’s right. Then after completing [Korea], I’ll have a little rest, and then I’ll do that. (laughs)

48246_s54_173205.jpg?w=590&h=393

CREDITS TO SECRET GARDEN PILIPINAS and OTAYAMIN. DISCLAIMER: I DO NOT OWN THIS TRANSLATION, I JUST WANT TO SHARE IT TO FELLOW JIWONNIE FANS! THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!

Again fellow 1023ers, please excuse myself to keep reposting but thought that we need to be reminded about this specific project as well where our Haetnim put so much efforts in this project. I think this one is the interview with Baekjiyoung? 

When she need to seek physicist help to overcome this Chae Joon image made me heartbroken. And I think that's very realistic, since 7 months she prepared only for this character.  

I just want to thank you to her to keep giving us a very entertaining project every time. 

• Like 1
  • Awesome 1

1 hour ago, strwbrry said:

@liv_1023since you are backreading if you will come across that post before about HJW chungmuro reports standing, i hope you will qoute it also and tell me what page it was. I miss HJW in kmovie seen already :)) 

Ah sure, I just came into page 300 now. And I've seen some movies report and standing, maybe you can check around page 250-280 when Sector 7 just aired? I'm not sure if it is about chungmoro report. Or the previous on Heundae I think around pages 75-100. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 8/5/2011 at 8:45 AM, Guest ganaax said:

even thought it opened afternoon.......

"Sector 7" brings in 230,000 viewers on first day

Ha Ji-won, Ahn Seong-gi and Oh Ji-ho's blockbuster movie "Sector 7" drew in 230,000 audiences despite its late release in the evening.

According to The Film Data Statistics, "Sector 7" gathered 232,810 audiences until 6 PM in the evening of the 5th from the 4th.

It also has an outstanding lead in the shares and has 781 theaters showing the movie.

Previously blockbusters "Quick" and "The Front Line" recorded 90 thousand and 80 thousand audiences when they were released on the 20th of last month.

Currently "Sector 7" has up to 247,519 audiences and it could possibly hit 1,000,000 this weekend.

Promotionally, "Sector 7" is first, then "Quick" with 110,000 then "The Front Line" with 100,000.

Source : news.nate.com/view/20... ( Korean )

http://www.hancinema.net/sector-7-brings-in-230-000-viewers-on-first-day-31958.html

On 8/8/2011 at 9:35 AM, Guest ganaax said:

[NEWS] "Sector 7" drives through 1,000,000 in 3 days

Movie "Sector 7" broke through 1,000,000 viewers in 3 days, running first in place in the Box Office.The accumulated number until 6PM on the 7th is 1,050,342 and it made sure the negative evaluation in the movie preview was put to shame.

According to the Film Promotions Organization statistics, "Sector 7" which was released at 6PM on the 4th, gathered 180,000 audiences in half a day, jumping over the opening score of "Haeundae" and "Take Off".

On the 5th, it drew in 320,000 audiences and 453,000 on the 6th, continuing a leading number of 40% of seating share.

The only movie to hold record for biggest number of audience in 2 days is "The Host" (2006).

The first national 3D blockbuster "Sector 7" was evaluated to be weak in scenario at the movie preview and had to postpone its release time until later for editing.

http://amazingyeoja.blogspot.com/2011/08/news-sector-7-drives-through-1000000-in.html

On 8/15/2011 at 3:30 PM, Guest ganaax said:

Early Korean Box Office for the Week-end 2011.08.12 ~ 2011.08.14

http://www.hancinema...8-14-32192.html

Um Jung Hwa praises Actress Ha Ji Won of ‘Sector 7′

http://kpopfever.com/2011/08/um-jung-hwa-praises-actress-ha-ji-won-of-sector-7/

SECTOR 7 VS THE MIST

On 11/18/2011 at 7:44 PM, Guest omie_2825 said:

Movieweek Selects Top 15 Box Office Draws Among Korea Actors

The Korean acting industry is much like Hollywood in that its biggest movie stars rarely return to the small screen once they have transitioned successfully to a movie career. Viewers watching Korean dramas may think certain actors or actresses must be household names in Korea, it’s actually the movie stars that get all the respect and acclaim over there. October’s issue of Movieweek magazine polled movie production companies and investors as well as movie distributors to ask which stars had the most box office clout. Below are the fifteen movie stars that are the most bankable according to the people who cut the checks, so to speak. Is anyone surprised to see Jeon Do Yeon and Won Bin on the list? What upsets me is the 2-1 actor to actress ratio, but that’s how the gender preferences still roll these days. The list is not ranked, but I think it’s safe to say Song Kang Ho is the undisputed top dog, and well deserved. The man is an extraordinary actor.  The group above consists of: Song Kang Ho: Sympathy for Mr. Vengeance, Memories of Murder, The Host, The Good, The Bad, The Weird, Thirst, Secret Reunion, Blue Salt. Kim Yoon Seok: The Happy Life, The Chaser, Wandeuki Kang Dong Won: Duelist, Jeon Woo Chi, Secret Reunion, Won Bin: Taekgukgi, Mother, The Man From Nowhere Jo In Sung: The Classic, Dirty Carnival, A Frozen Flower  The group above consists of: Park Hae Il: Jealousy, Memories of Murder, Arrow The Ultimate Weapon, Sol Kyung Gu (his wife is actress Song Yoon Ah): Public Enemy, Haeundae So Ji Sub: Rough Cut, Sophie’s Revenge, Always Ha Jung Woo: Take Off, The Chaser, The Yellow Sea, Love Fiction Lee Byung Heon: Joint Security Area, A Bittersweet Life, The Good, The Bad, The Weird, I Come With the Rain Jeon Do Yeon: Secret Sunshine, The Untold Scandal, The Housemaid Ha Ji Won: 100 Days with Mr. Arrogant, Duelist, Haeundae, Sector 7 Son Ye Jin: The Classic, A Moment to Remember, My Wife Got Married, White Night Gong Hyo Jin: Crush & Blush, Sisters on the Road, Volcano High, Love Fiction Kim Ha Neul: My Tutor Friend, 7th Level Civil Servant, Blind, You’re My Pet

CREDIT TO:KOALASPLAYGROUND.COM

On 12/20/2011 at 11:08 AM, Guest gle_perry said:

Ha Ji Won’s movie ‘Sector 7′ hits big on the box office in China

20111218_hajiwon_13.jpg

Director Kim Ji Hoon‘s movie ‘Sector 7‘ has been released in China, and has set the highest box office record than any other Korean movie before!

According to investment distributor CJ E&M on the 19th, the movie opened at 4,000 movie theaters across China and raked in an impressive 23,800,000 Yuan (roughly 43,000,000 Korean Won, or 3.6 million USD). Ahead of the movie release, actress Ha Ji Won

who plays the main character has visited Shanghai and Beijing in order to further promote the new film.

Ha Ji Won is a well-known actress in China for her roles in ‘Memories in Bali‘, as well as ‘Secret Garden‘, and therefore she played a large role in effectively advertising ‘Sector 7‘.

The movie was released in China on the 6th under the name ‘深海之戰’, and it was the #2 movie at the box office the first week, and was met with a similar response the second week as well.

‘Sector 7′ has been the most successful Korean movie to be released in China thus far, beating out ‘The Host‘ that previously raked in 16,000,000 Yuan, or 2.6 million USD.

Meanwhile, a CJ E&M representative remarked, “There are a lot of big movies that are being released in China this week, so we will have to wait and see if ‘Sector 7′ can continue to stay on top.”

Source & Image : StarNews via Naver

On 8/2/2009 at 3:44 PM, Guest cintakyo said:

news.... emmmmm

234.jpg

koreans choose their favorite vacation buddy B)

In a survey conducted from July 10th to the 16th, Koreans were asked to name the movie actor or actress that they would want to have a summer getaway with. The winners were Ha Jung-woo and Ha Ji-won!

Ha Jung-woo stars in the summer sports Olympic flick, “Ski Jump“ (국가대표), about the plight of the Korean national ski jump team. It released in South Korea on July 29th on the big screen.

Ha Ji-won stars in a different kind of summer flick, the blockbuster action-disaster movie, “Haeundae” (해운대). It was released July 22, 2009 and is currently playing in theaters in South Korea.

Popular soju ad queen, Shin Mina, came in second place. The battle between the two leading ladies will continue with the release of “A Million” (10억) in August. Perhaps the ratings would have been different if the premiere of “A Million” had been closer to the time of the survey.

The list of actors and actress chosen are all stars of this summer’s releases, which include monster/horror flicks, “Chaw“ (차우) and “Living Death“ (불신지옥), and the romantic melodrama “Five Senses of Eros” (오감도).

Anyway, here are the rest of the rankings from the survey!

Actors:

1. Ha Jung-woo (Ski Jump) 34.1%

2. Lee Chun-hee (A Million) 18.3%

3. Uhm Tae-woong (Chaw) 9.1%

4. Lee Min-ki (Haeundae, A Million) 6.5%

5. Park Hae-il (A Million) 6.3%

Actresses:

1. Ha Ji-won (Haeundae) 46.8% :):)

2. Shin Mina (A Million) 17.5%

3. Nam Sung-mi (Living Death) 13.1%

4. Uhm Jung-hwa (Haeundae, Five Sense of Eros) 10.8%

5. Jung Yoo-mi (Haeundae, Chaw) 3.2%

6. Go Eun-ah (A Million) 3.1%

7. Lee Eun-sung (Ski Jump) 2.7%

cr popseoul.com

hii...emm if ha ji won and jo in sung datingg!!! im so happy ,,yapz they both my fave couple to...so GREAT AND lovely together :wub::P:rolleyes::rolleyes: i wish that true

Hi @strwbrry Only this one I could find, I'm not sure if it is related to chungmoro ?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 10/22/2012 at 3:04 PM, rubie said:

October 22, 2012
Who's Who in Korea's 10 Million Movie Club
Source: Nate
The 10 Million club = actors whose movies have sold 10 million tickets
201210210847381110_1.jpg
1st Row: Sul Kyung Gu (Silmido, 2003 & Haeundae 2009), Ahn Sung Ki (Silmido, 2003), Jang Dong Gun (Taegukgi, 2004)
2nd Row: Lee Byung Hun (Gwanghae, 2012), Ryu Seung Ryong (Gwanghae, 2012), Won Bin (Taegukgi, 2004)
3rd Row: Lee Jun Ki (King & Clown, 2005), Song Kang Ho (The Host, 2006), Park Hae Il (The Host, 2006)
4th Row: Ha Ji Won (Haeundae, 2009), Kim Hye Soo (The Thieves, 2012), Jeon Ji Hyun (The Thieves, 2012)
5th Row: Park Joong Hoon (Haeundae, 2009), Kim Yoon Seok (The Thieves, 2012), Kim In Kwon (Gwanghae, 2012)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I so missed the past years when you could read lot of interview with and about Jiwonn and you could see her often on screen :mellow: and hers majestic apparition on red carpet ...btw beautiful vid @strwbrry ! I haven't seen an interview with Jiwonn in a long time even if she was a highly praised guest at Venice International Film Festival after Manhunt or won Best Actress Award 2017 ...It's her choice or Kmedia choice ...I don't know :unsure: From time to time I backread this thread too so @liv_1023 don't need to excuse yourself for  reposting some old info about our Queen...for me It's a pleasure to see  a new avid Jiwonn fan so keep posting !!!

• Like 2
  • Love 1

8 hours ago, andra3 said:

:huh::unsure: What does this IG post mean ??? 201 ??? It could be something related to her new house or hers new movie ??? Like always Puzzling Jiwonnie !!! 

then it ends up that she just doesn’t mean anything to it hahaha

• Like 1