Han Ga In 한가인

Guest coreana

• Replies 994
  • Created
  • Last Reply

한가인(Han Ga-In, ハン・ガイン)'s acceptance speech at the '2012 MBC Drama Awards'

( credit | thanks to @kpopfever - https://www.facebook.com/pages/Kpop-Fever/206648542720034 - for trans | https://www.facebook.com/permalink.php?story_fbid=494263557291863&id=206648542720034 )

During her 'Female Best Excellence' award acceptance speech, Han Ga In said, "I feel a heavy burden winning this award. I felt many of my shortcomings while filming 'The Moon That Embraces The Sun'. I wanted to escape the difficult and painful times as fast as I could, but one year later it turns out it was a great experience to become a better actor."

Han Ga In continued, "With the experience gained I'll work hard to show you even better acting. As I get older I gain more responsibilities both in life and in work. Lately I've been doing a lot of thinking. I'll accept this award as a message you telling me to do better."

Han Ga In realized that she hadn't mentioned about her husband during her acceptance speech for the 'Drama of The Year' award and she stated, "I nearly forgot to mention Yun Jung Hoon ssih. My husband was sick yesterday. I'm sure you're watching this broadcast on TV right now. Don't be sick and let's live happy."

Guest nana544

Happy New Years to all lovers of Ga-In :)!!!I'm so happy for her that she won an award for her awesome role in TMETS :)!!!!She's so pretty even at her age! It seems like she never age. Her beauty is timeless.How cute of her to remember her husband towards the ending of her speech. Her husband is truly bless and so lucky to have her in his life. They are so cute.

January 11, 2013
What's Behind the Comeback of Romantic Movies?
The ChosunIlbo
Last year saw a renaissance of Korean film, and romantic movies were at the forefront. The genre saw its domestic box-office record renewed three times in 2012 alone.
Released in March, "Architecture 101" attracted 4.11 million viewers to become the most popular movie in the history of the genre here. But the record was soon broken by the 4.59 million who watched "All About My Wife," which hit cinemas two months later. Now "A Werewolf Boy" has already set another record, with 7.06 million viewers between its release in October and this Monday.
The trend continues, with "Love 911" luring 2.25 million viewers so far since its release last month.
The genre was immensely popular from the 1970s until it lost appeal in the mid-2000s. What are the reasons behind the resurgence?
2013011100359_0.jpg
◆ Strong Female Characters
Recent hit romantic movies all feature strong female characters. Women became more active in relationships, while most of the male characters are timid in the presence of women. 
Film critic Kang Yu-jung says the fate of women in romantic movies has traditionally depended on men, but now the roles are often reversed, reflecting a change in social realities. 
◆ More Mature Audiences
"Love Fiction," which drew 1.72 million viewers last year, portrayed a couple in their 30s, and "All About My Wife" a married couple in their mid-30s. "Architecture 101" is a love story between college freshmen but set in the year 1996. All therefore appealed to 30-somethings who went to college back then. 
The lead characters of "A Werewolf Boy" are in their teens, but oddly enough the largest group of the viewers was 30-somethings, followed by those in their 40s or over, according to Kim Hyung-ho of film site Max Movie said. "The movie is particularly popular among women in their 30s," he added.
The Korean film industry used to focus on viewers in their teens or 20s, film critic Jeon Chan-il said, but is now expanding its scope to appeal to a more mature audience.
◆ More Realistic Love Stories
"Love Fiction" and "All About My Wife" got a good response with their realistic portrayal of conflict between couples and of the seven-year itch. 
Shim Jae-myung, the producer of "Architecture 101," said that as the audience lost interest in tearjerkers, the film industry had to find a new way to appeal to them. Also, movies now tell stories in a more realistic way to distinguish themselves from TV soap operas.

• 1 month later...

Finished watching Introduction to architecture.  OMG, HGI was perfect in that role.  She was so beautiful and efficiently portraying her character.  She was so relaxed and casual acting with UTW.  I felt her chemistry with UTW  was good.   
I think she is good when doing a modern girl typa character.  I like her so much in Terms of Endearment.  HGI fighting!!!!!!

• 3 weeks later...

March 5, 2013
'Architecture 101' Stars Get Presidential Honor
The ChosunIlbo
2013030500491_0.jpg
Uhm Tae-woong (left) and Han Ga-in
The stars of "Architecture 101" received presidential commendations on Monday during a Taxpayers' Day event at COEX in Seoul.
Uhm Tae-woong, the male lead of the film, has paid his taxes faithfully for the last three years, while Han Ga-in, his female counterpart, was recognized for her work as promotional ambassador for UNICEF Korea.
The two have also been named promotional ambassadors for the National Tax Service.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

class="content-title" style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px; border: 0px; font-family: 'Open Sans', 'Helvetica Neue', Arial, sans-serif; font-size: 26px; font-weight: 400; line-height: 1.4em; vertical-align: baseline; color: rgb(63, 63, 64); text-shadow: rgb(255, 255, 255) 1px 1px 0px; visibility: visible; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255);"Han Ga In Confesses Her First Love Isn’t Yeon Jung Hoon

Actress Han Ga In opened up about her first love on air!

On March 28, she filled in as a temporary DJ on SBS’s radio program “Choi Hwa Jung’s Power Time.”

On this day, she talked about her first love in one of the corners. Han Ga In shared, “I started dating at 22 and got married [to Yeon Jung Hoon], but that wasn’t my first love.”

“The person I met my freshman year in college is my first love,” she said. “I haven’t seen him since. I think that it’s better if I don’t see him.”

Han Ga In also revealed, “I think I’m curious enough to check through SNS to see how he’s doing.”

Meanwhile, Han Ga In will also fill in as a DJ for Choi Hwa Jung on March 29.

han-ga-in-inside.jpg

http://www.soompi.com/2013/03/28/han-ga-in-confesses-her-first-love-isnt-yeon-jung-hoon/

source : halves in unison

On March 29, as Han Ga In filled in as a temporary DJ on SBS’s radio program “Choi Hwa Jung’s Power Time” for the second day, her husband, Yeon Jung-Hoon, made a surprise call and the two made a funny banter on air.

http://www.newsen.com/news_view.php?uid=201303291931442410

Also, Han Ga In revealed some of the past quarrels with her husband.

http://www.liveen.co.kr/news/articleView.html?idxno=15979

Please help to translate properly, because Google Translate messes up.

Thanks

"Architecture 101" Eom Tae-woong and Han Ga-in

Source | 2013/03/28 | 249 views | Permalink | 1 Comment

photo295656.jpg

Eom Tae-woong and Han Ga-in from the movie "Architecture 101" visited Seo-yeon's House.

The opening of the café 'Seo-yeon's House' was held in Jeju Olle Road on the 27th. Eom and Han had their hands printed there.

Han Ga-in said, "It's a big gift for me to have acted as Seo-hyeon. I am happy to have somewhere to visit when I get older" and Eom Tae-woong said, "I'm glad there is somewhere I can visit in Jeju proudly. I hope this café is somewhere people can bring up their first loves and make memories of their first love here".

Source : wstarnews.hankyung.co... ( English )

http://www.hancinema.net/photo-architecture-101-eom-tae-woong-and-han-ga-in--54378.html

April 10, 2013
Lee Byung Hun-Han Ga In at Hong Kong Huading Awards 2013

Source: SIPA.com
20130410_2.jpg
20130410_3.jpg
South Korean actor Lee Byung-hun, right, and actress Han Ga-in pose on the red carpet at the Huading Awards in Hong Kong Wednesday, April 10, 2013. (AP Photo/Kin Cheung)
20130410_5.jpg
South Korean actress Han Ga-in arrives at the Huading Awards in Hong Kong Wednesday, April 10, 2013. (AP Photo/Kin Cheung)

April 11, 2013
Han Ga In and Lee Byung Hun attend the 9th Chinese Hwa Ding Awards
Source: Korea.com
    20130410_21.jpg

On April 10, Lee Byeong Hun and Han Ga In attended the 9th Chinese Hwa Ding Awards and the 2013 Chinese Movie Satisfaction Index Awards.
20130410_22.jpg

At the event, both Lee and Han walked down the red carpet in black as if they had planned in advance to come as a matching pair.
20130410_23.jpg

Han Ga In was dressed in subdued grace. She wore an off-the shoulder, long black dress that showed off her beautiful figure. Lee Byung Hun also chose the proper fashion protocol for the awards, appearing in all black items except for his white shirt: black shoes, black suit, black bow tie, and even a black handkerchief peeking out of his lapel pocket.
20130410_25.jpg

Joining them on the red carpet was Korean businessman Tyler Kwon, who is well known as the boyfriend of top Hong Kong star Gillian Chung.  In the ceremony, Han Ga In was one of the presenters of the Best Supporting Actor Award along with Chinese actor Simon Yam. Lee Byung Hun won the award for Best Foreign Actor.
Source: TV Report

Link to vid  from Power Time radio program: March 29, 2013
Yeon Jung-hoon and Han Ga-in phone conversation

0100641F46515647D15E4000791CB61EA01A69-D

Yeon Jung-hoon called into the program, while Han Ga-in became substitute DJ for the second day (first day was March 28, 2013).
Thanks to the friends at Baidu for the summary of the conversation:
- Both seemed to be surprised in the beginning that the program director decided to get them into conversation
- YJH was at MBC doing the filming ("I Summon You, Gold!" apparently, but not mentioned, as this radio broadcast is at SBS, a rival TV/radio station)
- Talked about breakfast that she prepared as she had to leave home earlier.
- YJH only took 1 meal a day due to the documentary he is making that speaks about 1 meal a day.
- HGI read questions from listeners for YJH to answer
- They had to switch back and forth from using polite form of talk to usual (as they speak at home); HGI suggested to drop the polite form, but she occasionally still used the polite form by habit. She called YJH "Oppa" (older brother)
- One question is: "when do you fight with your spouse?" YJH replied "When I got home late and drunk", HGI said "Yes, hard to forgive that, as my hands trembled about that", YJH continued "I had to use polite form to apologize and knelt down several times", HGI recalled "One day, he came late and at the kitchen confronting HGI. HGI said: "Oppa, kneel down!" and he immediately knelt. (apparently HGI didn't expect him to do it, so she laughed as she retold the story).
- Another question: "what part do you dislike about your spouse?" HGI told YJH that this is an opportunity to say honestly what part he dislikes about her. YJH replied "none" HGI asked in the scale of 100, how does she perform, YJH said "100"
- On the question of calling each other nicknames, YJH said that it should be private between spouses, besides they have changed to many times in 10 years together. HGI said about 500 times.
- YJH downloaded an apps, so he could talk on the phone while watching the broadcast video with the apps.
- HGI asked YJH to request a song, because she was a DJ that day. He asked for HGI's favorite song: G-Dragon "One of a kind".
- They asked for each other to go home soon. HGI asked what time he will go home. YJH said he didn't know yet, but would not be late. Closing with colloquial language (home dialect) to say goodbye.

The conversation actually happened in the middle of the 2-hour radio broadcast. HGI acted as DJ with songs and comments playing alternately during the show.

Source: Baidu
http://tieba.baidu.com/shipin/bw/video/play?kw=%C1%AC%D5%FE%D1%AB&v_id=e74ad52267873c2b125a9a78

Archived