Han Ga In 한가인

Guest coreana

Hi everyone,

I have decided to create a TMTETS blog to upload any TMTETS videos. Please do give love to it -http://lovefortmtets.wordpress.com/ 

So far, I have all 10 episodes, the special and the episode of Strong Heart with Lee Minho and Im Siwan uploaded on the blog. Do check them out. All videos are uploaded to Mediafire.:) 

• Replies 994
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

A multiple answers poll ~

There are 2 sets of list provided, please choose from each list so that the votes will go through

Poll: Which 2012 Korean movies that you are most excited about?

http://www.soompi.com/forums/topic/374847-which-2012-korean-movies-that-you-are-most-excited-about/

Poll: Which 2012 Korean movies that you are most excited about?

http://www.soompi.com/forums/topic/374847-which-2012-korean-movies-that-you-are-most-excited-about/

As of February 25, 2012, 130 member(s) have cast their votes in the multiple-answers movie fun poll. The tally is not definite as members yet to vote can still pick their favorites. However, this is a one-time poll.. once voted, members will not be able to vote again. Related movie posters and info posted at the poll thread for reference

The current result starting with the highest voted movies rbhcool.gif

1. The Thieves

Lee Jung Jae, Kim Yoon Seok, Kim Hye Soo, Jeon Ji Hyun) (44 votes [25.43%])

2. Miss Conspirator

Go Hyun Jung, Yu Hae Jin. Ko Chang Seok, Sung Dong Il, Lee Mun Shik, Park Shin Yang (42 votes [21.11%])

3. The King of Joseon

Lee Byung Hun, Han Hyo Joo, Ryu Seung Ryong, Shim Eun Kyung (39 votes [22.54%])

4. Coffee

Joo Jin Mo, Kim So Yeon, Park Hee Seon, Yoo Sun (31 votes [15.58%])

5. Introduction to Architecture

Uhm Tae Woong, Han Ga In, Lee Je Hoon, Suzy (31 votes [15.58%])

6. Korea

Ha Ji Won, Bae Doo Na (27 votes [13.07%])

7. Love Fiction

Gong Hyo Jin, Ha Jung Woo (18 votes [9.05%])

8. The Howling

Song Kang Ho, Lee Na Young (16 votes [9.25%])

9. Never Ending Story

Uhm Tae Woong, Jung Ryeo Won (15 votes [7.54%])

10. Soar into the Sky

Jung Ji Hoon, Shin Se Kyung, Kim Sung Soo, Yoo Joon Sang (15 votes [8.67%])

11. Papa

Park Yong Woo, Go Ah Ra, Daniel Henney, Son Byeong Ho (14 votes [8.09%])

12. Dancing Queen

Hwang Jung Min, Uhm Jung Hwa (13 votes [6.53%])

13. Train (aka Helpless)

Lee Seon Kyun, Kim Min Hee, Jo Sung Ha (12 votes [6.94%])

14. The Tower

Sul Kyung Gu, Son Ye Jin, Kim Sang Kyung) (12 votes [6.36%])

15. Berlin

Ha Jung Woo, Han Suk Kyu, Jeon Ji Hyun, Ryu Seung Bum (9 votes [4.52%])

16. Nameless Gangster

Choi Min Sik, Ha Jung Woo (9 votes [4.52%])

17. Unbowed

Ahn Sung Ki, Park Won Sang, Na Young Hee, Kim Ji Ho, Moon Sung Geun, Lee Kyeong Yeong) (9 votes [5.20%])

18. Sansevieria

Dir. Yoo Ji Tae, Bae Soo Bin, So Yoo Jin (7 votes [4.05%])

19. The Taste of Money

Kim Kang Woo, Kim Hyo Jin, Baek Yoon Shik, Yoon Yeo Jung (6 votes [3.47%])

20. Pacemaker

Kim Myung Min, Go Ah Ra, Ahn Sung Ki (5 votes [2.51%])

• 2 weeks later...

March 4, 2012

[WE+Movie] March, actresses compete in Chungmuro

Source: Daum via hancinema.net

20120304153708592.jpg

Spring in March, the activities of actresses with strong ticket power is coming to attention. These actresses are Kong Hyo-jin, Han Ga-in, Kim Min-hee and Kim So-hyeon who are all about the same age in their early thirties but withhold different appeals.

Kong Hyo-jin (32) starts off first. She took on the role of career woman Lee Hee-jin in the comedy movie "Love Fiction" that was released on the 29th of February. She is also the perfect woman Koo Joo-wol (Ha Jeong-woo) has been looking for all throughout his thirty something years of life. With the 'armpit hair' episode an issue about the movie, Kong Hyo-jin doesn't seem to mind the image of an actress when it comes to acting and was cool about it, making people say, "Kong Hyo-jin indeed!". "Love Fiction" is currently ranking top 1 of the box office.

Actress Kim Min-hee (30s) stars in the mystery movie "Helpless". Coming in August, this movie is about a man who searches for his missing fiancé but discovers shocking truths about her. Kim Min-hee portrays a lovable and mysterious femme fatale at the same time.

Kim So-yeon is starring in a movie for the first time in 14 years. She leads in the historical movie "Gabi" as Tanya. She holds an important key to a case and is loved dearly by Ilichi (Joo Jin-mo). Kim So-yeon is about to portray the elegance of a woman from the end of the 19th century. Based on an original by writer Kim Tak-hwan, "Gabi" will be released this coming 15th.

Han Ga-in had already starred in the movie "Architecture 101" before the MBC drama "The Sun and the Moon" which is currently soaring through the viewing percentage of 40%. This being her first movie in 7 years since "Once Upon A Time In Highschool", it is about to unravel a romantic story between a man and a woman. Han Ga-in in the movie finds her friend of 15 years Seung-min (Eom Tae-woong) and asks him to build her a house. Coming this 22nd, Han Ga-in portrays a more mature and beautiful woman in this movie unlike "The Sun and the Moon".

• 2 weeks later...

March 15, 2012

Kong Hyo-jin, Kim Min-hee, Han Ga-in…they are back

Source: Daum via hancinema.net

20120315113618961.jpg

Clockwise from the upper left; Kim Min-hee, Kong Hyo-jin, Kim So-yeon, Suzy, Kwak Ji-min and Han Ga-in.

The ladies are back on screens. Actresses are making endless appearances in movies in the Korean movie industry currently swarming with male stories.

The mark of these actresses in the movies "Helpless", "Love Fiction" and "Russian Coffee" which are currently heating up the box office, are significant. "Helpless" is about a man who looks for his fiancé when she goes missing and discovers that everything about her was a lie. Kim Min-hee's performance in this movie was great enough to say that her potential exploded out.

"Love Fiction" which was released before "Helpless" on the 29th last month is a movie about a man who hasn't had a relationship in his life but falls in love with a woman who grows out armpit hair. Kong Hyo-jin is the one with the armpit hair and she is lovely and cheeky as ever.

"Russian Coffee" is based on the Korean Royal Refuge to the Russian Legation period about a man and a woman who used to be robbers returning to take out King Gojong. Kim So-yeon portrays the role of Tanya who holds back the Japanese's plot against the king who shakes her up with his cause.

This isn't all. A forgotten actress came back with the movie "Youth Groove" on the 15th. She is Kwak Ji-min. "Youth Groove" deals with the things that happen when a newly rising hip hop star gets threatened by a friend of exposing a sex video and everyone who used to work on the album together gather up. Kwak Ji-min played her part as the 4th-dimensional and ingenious beauty. This is the return of an actress after "Samaria".

Han Ga-in and Miss A Suzy are in the movie "Architecture 101" which is being released on the 22nd. This movie is about a woman finding her architect college mate 15 years later and asking him to build her a house. Han Ga-in plays the woman in the modern times and Suzy is the same character during college. It's been a long time for Han Ga-in since "Once Upon A Time In High School" and this will be the chance for Suzy to make her mark as an actress.

It's extraordinary the way actresses are so active in Korean movies. For several years Korean movies were taken over by actors with the thriller boom and actresses had to be content with the 'flowery' roles in action blockbusters as well. Even the audience are used to seeing it that way.

The way so many actresses are returning with characters that fit the unique sources of their movie isn't totally irrelevant to the various types of movies that have been released so far this year. Mystery and romantic comedy, historical plays and youth films to mellow are what have been lining up in cinemas this year.

A new gust of wind is blowing in what we thought was a set atmosphere. Korean movies seem good this year in 2012. Two movies recorded 4 million audiences until February, one movie with 3 million audiences and another with 2 million. The total number has reduced but many have been coming see Korean movies.

The way the actresses are playing their roles in this phenomenon means that the public has been thirsty for various movies. But we can't say that their roles have expanded. There are still many more movies that are based on male stories.

A movie production said, "In a place where variety is virtue, the women's stories are the blue ocean. The current pattern of the movie industry could be a favorable factor for women to express attractive women".

We just have to sit back and watch if the return of the ladies will stay that way.

March 21, 2012

Han Ga-in to appear on 'Running Man'

By Carla Sunwoo [carlasunwoo@joongang.co.kr] koreajoongangdaily.com

20200339.jpg

Actress Han Ga-in will appear on an episode of SBS’s “Running Man,” to the delight of the variety show’s viewers.

Han, who doesn’t usually do variety shows, recorded an episode of the show just days before her film “Introduction to Architecture” opens on Thursday. The “Running Man” episode featuring Han will air on Sunday.

In the episode, Han is re-united with comedian and show host Yoo Jae-seok, with whom she had co-starred in SBS’s “Comedy Town” more than 10 years ago. The popular actress also participates in a mission that involves putting her running skills to the test.

“I was a bit disappointed that I wasn’t able to perform to my optimum ability, but all in all I had a lot of fun and have come away with some fond memories,” Han said after the taping.

Of late, Han has moved TV viewers with her star turn in the hit MBC drama “The Moon Embracing the Sun,” which ended last Thursday, opposite actor-of-the-moment Kim Soo-hyun. The 20-part series has become one of the network’s most profitable programs.

March 22, 2012

Gong Hyo Jin, Kim Min Hee and Han Ga In Head the Box Office

Source: CJ E&M enewsWorld Lee, InKyung Translation Credit : Erika Kim

Actresses who were born in the early 80s are blooming these days on the big screen.

The goddesses Gong Hyo Jin, Kim Min Hee and Han Ga In have stepped forth as the faces of the off-season March Box Office to breathe new life into the scene.

Gong Hyo Jin’s Love Fiction (Distributed by NEW) shot through its break-even point of 1 million ticket sales in just five days since its premiere, and is currently eyeing the 2 million record. Kim Min Hee’s Helpless (Distributed by CJ E&M) also gathered 1.7 million moviegoers on March 20 despite its R rating, making it only a matter of time before it shoots past 2 million.

The last member Han Ga In made a comeback to the big screen through Architecture 101 (Distributed by Lotte Cinema), which premiered on March 22, eight years since Once Upon a Time in High School. It’s forecasted to be a big success, as the preview reactions were fairly favorable.

35246887.jpg

Why are these three actresses emerging recently as the flowers of the big screen and icons of success? It is because they overcame their personal weaknesses and prejudice to become real and mature actresses.

Gong Hyo Jin, lovely with her armpit hair

15436248.jpg

Love Fiction is set to become Gong Hyo Jin’s most famous piece. She’s recorded many hits in the drama scene with Splendid Days, Thank You, Snowman, Pasta and The Greatest Love, but she’s never enjoyed much success in the Box office.

She’s appeared regularly in many films, but they were mostly low-budget independent films or non-commercial, and her biggest success came with her 2008 film Dachimawa Lee, which was directed by Ryu Seung Wan and brought in 620,000 moviegoers.

Love Fiction, however, is now close to selling its 2 millionth ticket. Many actresses had been hesitant to appear in the film as they would have had to reveal an embarrassing part of themselves: their armpit hair.

Gong Hyo Jin, however, perfectly fit the armpit hair girl role well, and acted like a pro, saying, “I can go even farther. This is nothing.”

She was probably being sincere when she said that Love Fiction was “as close to commercial as [she] can get.”

A rep from Gong Hyo Jin’s agency said, “She’s not that pretty, and she was never that good at acting, but she’s an actress that has a sensibility she was born with. She knows what makes her shine, and so she boasts a will that doesn’t fear ruining her image. There are a lot of individualistic actresses who dream of becoming the next Gong Hyo Jin, but there are no actresses as of yet that can replace her.”

She broke through the prejudice that actresses absolutely need to be beautiful, and earned herself the nickname ‘Lovely Gong’. It’s been 14 years since she first started on her career, and she’s 34 years old, but still, she’s gathering anticipation from Chungmuro as an actress that is still beautiful and still has something to show that people can look forward to.

Kim Min Hee, an angel and devil

36051722.JPG

Kim Min Hee headed the X-generation that boomed at the end of the 90s, and gathered interest more for her fashion and styles rather than her acting. Her peculiar untouched cat-like face and her model-like body shone with her own aura.

In acting, however, she never left any big impressions because she had been embroiled in controversies about her bad acting soon after her debut. She managed to win the Female Rookie Award for her 2008 film Hellcats, in which she acted with a skill that matched that of Lee Mi Sook, but she failed to plant that image in the minds of the public when the film flopped in the box office.

She got the chance to redeem herself through Helpless. She made her audience cringe in fear by acting out a devilish woman that didn’t hesitate to kill other people for her new life.

Thanks to her acting, Helpless is poised to become her most successful film in her 15 year career. Her film Moby Richard gathered a 420,000 audience, while Hellcats gathered 570,000. Helpless is her first film to sell over 1 million tickets, and can be said to be a film for Kim Min Hee, by Kim Min Hee.

“It is true that the public used to think the actress Kim Min Hee was just a fashionista who appeared in photo spreads. If you take a look at her filmography, you can see how attached she is to acting and being an actress, but we were sorry that we never got to spread that knowledge. We’re happy that more people are getting to know Kim Min Hee’s presence and her skill in acting through Helpless. Kim Min Hee is ready to take on a bigger variety of challenges in drama and film regardless of genre,” a rep from Kim Min Hee’s agency said.

19399057.jpg

Han Ga In, ever the icon of first love

Han Ga In was recognized for her acting in the MBC drama The Sun and the Moon, and now she’s aiming to hit another mark with the film Architecture 101. She appeared as Kwon Sang Woo’s first love in a pure school uniform eight years ago for Once Upon a Time in High School, but even after she became the wife of Yeon Jeong Hun, she’s still known to be as beautiful as ever.

She boasts a baby face that didn’t look awkward even when she was acting as the lover of Kim Soo Hyun, who is six years younger than her in The Sun and the Moon. She’s even showing a new brand of polished acting. She was praised and rediscovered for fitting her role as the shaman Wol with amnesia perfectly, and she also showed she was a pro by not shrinking away from slaps, hair grabs, tattered clothes and beggar costumes.

A rep from Han Ga In’s agency said, “It was probably her first time since she was born that she was hit and scorned by someone. It would’ve been a big challenge for her, but she did well. She didn’t yield to the prejudice surrounding her being wed, and wasn’t awkward at all in acting out a character in her early 20s. It’s an unprecedented feat to be a married woman in her 30s that is still loved as the icon of first love among people in their 20s and is still active as a cosmetics brand model.”

Architecture 101 will be another new challenge for her to take on. She was the female lead for Once Upon a Time in High School, but because the film was mostly about men, her role was limited.

This time, it’s different. Han Ga In needs to hold up the center as the icon of first love for the general story to flow smoothly. The reactions to the preview for Architecture 101 are riddled with praise.

An official said, “Han Ga In has an image of a first love that men dream of. Her presence itself helped the film shine, and her couple teamwork with Uhm Tae Woong was good. It seemed that experiences such as marriage helped her add to her actress aura. It’s the start of the second phase of Han Ga In’s life as an actress.”

Will Architecture 101 be extending the success of March actresses to April?

We’ll have to wait to find out.

Guest knightkiss

I'm so glad she's all around the news. I really love her!

And love that she's a big big fan of GD and she's not so shy about it.

Guest miyu_07

^^ and the fact that i think she is the only Actress that is very vocal about her being a Huge fan of Bigbang or GD..

I think being married gave her this freedom to be vocal about her being a BigBang fan cause being married woman will put aside

rumors of linking her to any Bigbang members..

March 31, 2012

Han Ga-in Still Wrestling with Innocent Image

Source: englishnews@chosun.com

2012033100297_1.jpg

Han Ga-in is at the height of her career as an actress this year as both a TV drama and a film she stars in have become great hits. The MBC drama "The Sun and the Moon," which recently ended, had viewer ratings of over 40 percent, and her new film "Architecture 101" has attracted over 1 million viewers in only eight days since it was released last Thursday.

In both, Han plays someone's first love, and that comes as no surprise since she is one of a rare few actresses who remind every man of his first girlfriend due to her pure and innocent image. In fact, she played the part in her debut film "Once Upon a Time in Highschool" in 2004.

What does she think about the repeated role? "I thought the new movie doesn't drastically deviate from the image I have but would allow me to show some different aspects. The director said he cast me because I fit the image he had in mind but also he felt I could bring something unexpected to the role," Han said.

Asked about how she feels about getting older, she said, "I'm not afraid of aging. It was hard to control my life in my 20s. I happened to be picked as a promotional model for an airline, and I just worked without any goal. I don't remember much about those days. Now I have a goal and think about what I can learn from my work. I was only interested in myself when I was young, but I've come to think about my colleagues more as I grow older."

When she was young, she was frustrated about getting typecast as an innocent woman who reminds every man of his first love. "I couldn't understand why people thought of me in that way. I'm not that feminine or innocent. There are different sides to my personality, but people seem to see just one part," she said. "I'm not very swayed by what people think or say about me and my work. How I'm doing, what I want to do and what my colleagues think is more important than other people's judgment."

Han has no clear plan about what characters she wants to play. "I'm confused about what roles are right for me. I want to show the part of me that I haven’t shown, rather than something I don't have," she said. "When I was young, I wanted to be a role model for other people, and to be a respectable and virtuous person. Now I don't see why. Thinking that I am judged by others' standards is frustrating. Why do I have to care about that? Life is short. So instead I think about what I really want to do and why."

Guest maha_love

BUSTED!!!! han gain is GAGA over G-Dragon LOOOL

20120330072250_189003_376_870.jpg

http://www.vingle.net/posts/3257-Han-Gain-a-Qui-dans-son-arriere-plan-de-portable

April 2, 2012

Han Ga In Transforms Into Sexy White Magician

Source: CJ E&M enewsWorld Lee, InKyung Translation Credit : Erika Kim

Han Ga In transformed into a white magician to show she still has the sexy in her.

Han Ga In shot a TV commercial for Samsung’s Hauzen Air Conditioner near the end of March, as was made known through various photos uploaded on her agency’s Facebook.

She had to alternate between ‘bunny girl’ and ‘magician’ for the commercial, which was set on showcasing a different image from the ones Han Ga In had put on before for the series.

Previously, she mostly emphasized her image as a hardworking housewife or her close ties with her husband Yeon Jeong Hun, but this time, she showed off her sexiness in a short vest.

Han Ga In also made her fans go wild with photos of herself learning ballet. Netizens who saw the photos from her ballet lessons and her commercial shoot said, ‘She’s just wearing a vest, but she’s sexy’, ‘Is she really a married woman?’ and ‘She seems to be at her best these days; she has a great baby-face’.

96725960.jpg

A rep from Han Ga In’s agency J One Plus said, “She didn’t have time to shoot commercials because of her schedules for the drama The Sun and the Moon and [the film] Architecture 101. She attended up to the second week of stage events, and she plans to get through her postponed commercial shoot schedules from April.”

Architecture 101 is starting to lead a long-term race with a 1.6 million ticket record thanks to Han Ga In’s hard core promotions. Han Ga In appeared on SBS’ Running Man and One Night of TV Entertainment to promote the film as the representative of the cast, which includes Uhm Tae Woong, Suzy and Lee Je Hoon. She also attended all of the film’s stage events.

A source close to Han Ga In said, “She’s looking over new scenarios while she’s shooting her commercials. Because there are so many film scenarios, we believe she’ll be coming back to the big screen in the latter half of the year again. Han Ga In wants to act more, and she showed she wanted to take on at least one more piece within the year.”

Photo credit: J One Plus’ Facebook

April 4, 2012

Han Ga-in struggles to overcome innocent image

By Kim In-koo, Lim Ju-ri [so@joongang.co.kr]

‘I learned how to control myself, physically and mentally, thanks to the criticism.'

03203405.jpg

After her recent hit drama series “The Moon Embracing the Sun,”

actress Han Ga-in is back on the big screen with her new film “Architecture 101.” [JoongAng Ilbo]

Han Ga-in rose to fame the moment she appeared in an Asiana Airlines commercial back in 2002. Her stunning beauty led her straight from advertisements to a spot on the KBS2 drama “Sunshine Hunting.”

When she was named best new actress at the 2003 KBS Drama Awards, it was clear the doe-eyed actress with long black hair and an oval face had cast a spell on television audiences.

But despite her early success, Han has struggled to overcome her image as strictly a pretty face rather than a serious actress. Over the past decade of drama appearances, the popular actress has repeatedly played familiar characters.

At age 30, however, Han seems to have reinvented herself. Period drama series “The Moon Embracing the Sun,” in which she played the role of Yeon-wu, the first and last love of King Lee Hwon, ended with a whopping audience share of 40 percent when the final episode aired last month.

Most recently, her film “Architecture 101” is getting rave reviews and remains a box-office hit after its release on March 22. Han plays Seo-yeon, once again the darling first love of the male lead.

The JoongAng Ilbo caught up with Han and asked her about her second heyday and her current family plans. The following are excerpts from the interview.

Q. How do you feel about your second film in eight years?

A. I had mixed feelings about the film when I first read the script. It was like running into an old friend on the street after 10 or 20 years. I had a hunch that it would turn out to be a great romance film. I could relate to the film in many ways. I personally liked the song “Remembering the Study,” [which is used in the film], and I was a college freshman back in late ’90s when I fell in love for the first time - just like my character Seo-yeon.

After the film was released, scenes in which you swear became the talk of the town. Before this film, you had a pure and innocent public image, but this film seems to change the way people think of you.

Shooting the scenes in which I swear out of anger was almost a hard task for me. We shot the scenes in many different ways. I didn’t expect those scenes to be well liked. I think people liked them maybe because I did them.

Out of the many characters I’ve played, Seo-yeon is the closest character to myself. Yeon-wu from “The Moon Embracing the Sun” was quite hard to play because she is a surreal character who doesn’t seem to exist in the real world.

03203421.jpg

Seo-yeon (Han Ga-in), left, and Seung-min (Uhm Tae-woong) reunite 15 years

after they broke up in the film “Architecture 101.” Provided by Lotte Entertainment

Your character Seo-yeon from “Architecture 101” pays a visit to her first love Seung-min after 15 years and asks him to build her a house. How did you relate yourself to Seo-yeon?

I think she had no option but to visit him. She got divorced from her husband and she had no one to rely on. She wanted to build a house in Jeju, where she was born, but she didn’t know who to contact. And Seung-min comes to her mind. She probably wanted to know whether Seung-min actually worked as an architect or not. Above all, she needed someone who could comfort her.

But Seo-yeon doesn’t try to steal Seung-min away from his fiancee in the film.

She couldn’t because Seung-min already has someone he loves. There is a scene where Seo-yeon, Seung-min and his fiancee, Eun-chae, drink wine together. It was hard to shoot the scene because Seo-yeon finds herself attracted to Seung-min but she realizes she is between Seung-min and his fiancee.

“The Moon Embracing the Sun” ended with a handsome share of the audience. But you were once criticized for your acting skills. How did you cope with that?

It was hard, but I thought I had to accept some of their criticisms if they had points. I could learn how to control myself, physically and mentally, during the production thanks to the criticism.

You told the media earlier this year that you’d like to consider starting a family if your drama becomes a hit. The drama became a huge hit, and your film is also doing well. Are you ready to become a mother?

To be honest, I think I’m more passionate about my work after “The Moon Embracing the Sun.” I want to focus more on my work for now. I got married at an early age, and most of my friends are still single. I hope to consider having a baby two or three years from now.

[Han married actor Yeon Jung-hun in 2005. She was 23 at the time.]

Do you think you are an actress who conjures up an image of first love?

I don’t know. I think people see me as a pure and innocent woman. I want to challenge that with totally different roles in the future, something people would least expect from me, like a member of the mafia.

Archived