How I Met Your Mother

Guest alcyone

Guest jedi_baby

Did anyone watch last night's episode? OMG. I totally loved Barney's entrance in that last scene. I would make a gif outta it, but I have no idea how... actually, I'd make a video out of it just so I can hear him say speak. I totally melted into a puddle of goo. Hahaha.

• Replies 216
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
Guest babyshambles

OMG..i like this series so much esp Barney..I love the ongoing comedy on how he will say "oh Please" when anyone ask him about what he actually does for a living..it always makes me laugh..

Its kinda funny that Barney is a womanizer whereas in real life Neil Patrick Harris is a gay..

he nailed the character..! he's so funny..

I like others too..Ted and Robin are funny too..not to forget Lily and Marshall..

This is like the best sitcom after Friends..=]

Guest SiSyd Choi

I just love this show so much after FRIENDS

Me and my brother had been doing a marathon from season 1 up till season 5 latest ep.

This show is surely Legendary..

Awww, it's been awhile since Barney said Legendary and Suit Up..Best line...

I could just keep on watching and watching this show back to back and still laugh at every part..

Guest Tranberry

Here you go... Daddy's home...

LOVE IT!! =D

Slapsgiving was also an awesome episode. I love how Barney gets so scared right before he thinks he's going to be slapped!

I really wish they would give more hints as to who the mother is though...it's already season 5!

So I just got up to the most recent episode of How I Met Your Mother and I'm feeling good that I'm completely up to date with what's going on. I hated Barney and Robin being together because I don't like how Barney's character was handled. Thank god they realised this and wrote him and Robin off. As much as I love Robin, Barney should stay a womaniser - it's what makes his character so damn awesome! Hrmm, I give the show maybe a season or two more till the mother is revealed... :S

RANT

Actually I don't agree with people who think that Barney is better off being a womanizer. I think he can be awesome in a relationship. It could have explored a new side of barney. It's just the writers this season did not handle the Barney and Robin the way that many people envision. The reason a lot of people love barney and robin was because they were unconvential and awesome of course. What I imagine was a unconvential couple that did not do the typical couple cliches.

But instead the writers tried to force barney and robin in a convential, typical couple mold (a la marshall and lily).

- Examples such as the couple night, where they got jealous at marshall and lily at finding another couple friend.

When it would suit more to their personalities to not care about it and show how awesome they can be without another couple friend.

- When lily force them to define their relationship. And they readily admit it so easily, (didn't they say there were going to pretend to be boyfriend and girlfriend?). I thought they were to commitment phobic to admit, and though that there would be struggles along the way

- Where robin got jealous that he went to the strip club, when before she was fine with it. I thought she would have no problem with it.

It was awful the way and not homage to the characters true personalities. The breakup was heart wrenching for me because it seem to me they were hastily put together to satisified shippers, and rip them apart so early in the season. If you were going to make them a couple do it right, instead of wringing them through the dryer. Right now it seem to me that they are putting barney and robin as one dimensional. I'm waiting for them to get back together when the time is right. Because they played off each other so well, and I do love this couple.

THE WINDOW

Ok enough about this rant. I'll write a little about the recent episode. Finally they are getting back to what the show is about 'ted finding the mother'. I do like ted this season because usually he would be annoying a bit. But here they handle his character well and it's just adorable. I know a maggie and it rang true with me haha. Love the "I have barney stintson' 'me too' gag.

slapsgiving was an awesome episode. the "games" lily father's invented was insane.

i don't rmr how i got into this series, but it's freaking awesome!! i love it.

yeah, i found out recently that nph is gay in real-life, who knew? he's an awesome womanizer.

dying to know who the wife is. perhaps she's not even been introduced. it was cruel for them to pretend it was the blonde girl... sarah chalke i believe? maybe it's slutty pumpkin? wished it was joanna garcia though

Guest witchery

Oh crap I shouldn't have come to this thread, forgot that Australia was so behind! I had no idea about Barney and Robin. WTF!

I'm dying to find out who the wife is, as well. Grr!

Archived