❤ Ji Sung ❤ 지성 / Drama 2022 : Adamas

LoVeCartier

class="titleNews"[Ratings: Wed, 01.07.14] ′Kill Me, Heal Me′ Begins at Second with Many Faces

SBS′ Pinocchio remained on top of its game with 11.8 percent in ratings, but it seemed like attention was on MBC′s new drama, Kill Me, Heal Me as it made its grand debut.

The new drama, starring Ji Sung and Hwang Jung Eum, began at 9.2 percent, confidently taking second place ahead of KBS′ King′s Face, which came in with 7.3 percent.

Kill Me, Heal Me proved to be eye-catching as Ji Sung played a character with a personality disorder, which required the actor to become about seven different people in just one episode.

With a good start, an intriguing storyline, and sturdy acting from the cast, Kill Me, Heal Me is well on its way to catch up to Pinocchio.

[Ratings: Wed, 01.07.14] ′Kill Me, Heal Me′ Begins at Second with Many Faces

Wednesday, January 7 2014

Dramas

1. SBS Pinocchio 11.8
2. MBC Kill Me, Heal Me 9.2
3. KBS King′s Face 7.3

Variety

1. MBC Radio Star 5.7
2. SBS Eco Village 4.2
3. KBS Invisible Man 4.0

Photo Credit: MBC / enews

'Kill Me, Heal Me' Ji Seong turns into third personality, Perry Park to rescue Hwang Jeong-eum

photo549396.jpg

On the 2nd episode of MBC drama, 'Kill Me, Heal Me', Cha Do-hyeon (Ji Seong) tried to bring out his third identity on purpose in order to save Oh Ri-jin (Hwang Jeong-eum) after she was kidnapped.

A gang member, Cho Yoon-ho had kidnapped Oh Ri-jin in an attempt to take back his leather jacket that Cha Do-hyeon's second identity, Shin Se-gi had stolen from him at the club they had encountered.

Cho Yoon-ho called Cha Do-hyeon and threatened him, "Listen! Bring back the jacket to the textile warehouse by one o'clock. The girl will die either if I don't get it back or you're late. Of course, she will die if you call police or let the cop sneak in".

Cha Do-hyeon ran out with three hours left until the executive board meeting for his company, ID Entertainment where he works as a vice president.

He also asked his secretary, Ahn Gook (Choi Won-yeong) to hit him hard so he could bring out the personality of Shin Se-gi.

However, Perry Park, an IED (Improvised Explosive Devices) expert was brought out instead of Shin Se-gi after he was hit by Ahn Gook. Perry Park asked Ahn Gook "What? Did you just hit me?" in southern dialect and Ahn Gook asked back "Perry Park?"

Perry Park again said in thick southern accent "Aye. I am Perry Park". The preview of the third episode showed Perry Park using improvised bomb to save Oh Ri-jin.

Source : www.newsen.com/news_v...

Translation : Hancinema

Drama Premieres in January 2015

January is already looking like one heck of a month, with at least six primetime dramas with an A-list cast. Dramaland has definitely evolved from the old days of amnesia and birth secrets to plots about mental disorders and spies. Definitely a plus in my book. Without further ado, let’s take a look at the dramas premiering this month.

(skipped unrelated.....)

Kill Me, Heal Me (7 Jan, Wednesdays & Thurdays)

Reuniting Ji Sung and Hwang Jung-eum quickly after Secret, this drama boasts a wacky premise that already has my interest piqued. Ji Sung stars as a chaebol with Dissociative Identiy Disorder, single-handedly covering seven different personalities, including that of a seven year old (girl, I might add), and twin high school students. He hires a psychiatrist (Hwang) to heal him by killing off each of his personalities. Park Seo-joon plays Hwang’s twin brother, while Oh Min-seok and Kim Yuri round up the leading cast. Honestly, I’m here just to see the great comedic moments stemming from having seven personalities, Ji even joked during before that he should be paid seven times more.

source : seoulbeats

class="content-title"First Impressions: “Kill Me, Heal Me”

First Impressions: “Kill Me, Heal Me”

The first episode of “Kill Me, Heal Me” begins with a short visual preface on the back story of our main man Cha Do Hyun (Ji Sung) and his family tragedy. Bringing us ten years prior to present day, Cha Do Hyun is a kind, popular student and football player at an American school, but purposely far away from his grandmother and mother. A physical encounter with the abusive father of a classmate triggers trauma from his childhood, which triggers something even darker: his dissociative identity disorder (aka multiple personality disorder).

1. Cha Do Hyun discovers the monster living inside of him.

angookdohyun_killmehealme

After the incident with the abusive father, Cha Do Hyun’s DID kicks in and sends him into this fearless, cruel personality. Though he returns to the house and beats the father to a bloody mess, he remembers absolutely nothing when he wakes up as his normal self. It seems that it is after this he discovers his disorder.

2. Someone has been following Cha Do Hyun for a long time…

riohn_killmehealme

We meet Oh Ri Ohn (Park Seo Joon), a mystery novel author by the pen name “Omega-3” on Cha Do Hyun’s present-day flight back to Korea. Though he is a quite cheeky and seems to be a point of comedic relief, it soon becomes apparent that he is much more than meets the eye. As he goes through some of his stuff in his car, he pulls out a binder full of pictures and articles of Cha Do Hyun—the same articles from the visual preface in the beginning.

3. A woman from Cha Do Hyun’s past in America appears again in Korea.

dohyunchaeyun_killmehealme

While at an exclusive club with a close friend of his, Cha Do Hyun encounters Han Chae Yun (Kim Yoo Ri). Though their full relationship to each other is still a bit vague, it is clear that they were more than just friends. As she is down on the dance floor with his friend, Cha Ki Joon (Oh Min Suk), he stares down at her and has a flashback of bashfully making plans with her on Christmas Day.

4. Psychiatrist Oh Ri Jin chases a rogue patient, chancing upon Cha Do Hyun for the second time.

dohyunrijinpatient_killmehealme

Our final main character, Oh Ri Jin (Hwang Jung Eum) had appeared earlier in the episode when she angrily met her brother, Oh Ri Ohn, at the airport when Cha Do Hyun arrived in Korea. Because her brother falsely channeled the reporters to her, she was being driven crazy with them thinking she was actually the author. Making a scene, Oh Ri Jin was hauled away by her brother as he loudly apologized for his “sick” sister.

Later, when one of her seriously mentally ill patients goes rogue and escapes the hospital, Oh Ri Jin figures out where she went and chases her down. She discovers the woman, who had just approached Cha Do Hyun and was flirting with him, but when the patient sees Oh Ri Jin, she hurriedly tells Cha Do Hyun that Oh Ri Jin is her crazy patient who is out to get her. Being too trusting, Cha Do Hyun stops Oh Ri Jin thinking that she actually is the patient.

Frustrated that he won’t let her go, Oh Ri Jin flips Cha Do Hyun over and onto his back. As you can guess, that is a mistake.

5. Cha Do Hyun’s cruel personality, Shin Se Gi, comes out and cockily takes over.

dohyunrijinattack_killmehealme

Cha Do Hyun had rushed to the bathroom as he felt his personality switch approaching, but he switched before he could take his medication. As Shin Se Gi steps out of the stall, a man doing his eyeliner is startled and ruins his makeup, and the man becomes angry. Needless to say, Shin Se Gi initiates a fight and steals the man’s jacket and earring because they’re “his style.”

As Shim Se Gi leaves the club, he runs into Oh Ri Jin again. A set of slightly cheesy scenes ensue as Shim Se Gi boldly tells Oh Ri Jin to remember that exact moment (February 7, 2015 at 10 p.m. on the dot) as the exact time he fell for her. Then the biker gang of the man from before arrives after getting a call, and prepare to beat him. Of course, he beats each of them single-handedly.

My First Impression:

MENTAL ILLNESS DRAMA!! Being that “It’s Okay, It’s Love” is my favorite drama of all time (for many reasons, but largely for the successful portrayal of different mental illnesses), I was super, super excited to start this drama. Since I love psychology, I’ve always found certain mental illnesses (actually schizophrenia and DID in particular) very intriguing, and have liked seeing the different ways they are portrayed—granted that they are portrayed correctly.

Anyway, even though I found the little eye color change when Cha Do Hyun turns into Shin Se Gi just a little, tiny bit extremely cheesy and obviously unrealistic, I was pleased overall with the portrayal so far. I’m really hoping that even with the many different personalities that are going to be depicted, each one will be medically accurate—eye color change aside, of course.

In terms of the other characters, I’m definitely looking forward to an explanation of Oh Ri Ohn’s collection of information on Cha Do Hyun. I mean, since when has that kind of thing been revealed in the first episode of anything? Not that I’m particularly complaining. And then there’s Oh Ri Jin. Her personality is right up my alley, and I can’t wait to see more. She had a little monologue in her head near the end of the episode after Shin Se Gi “confessed” to her where she talks through a cliché hoping he won’t say it and he does. When the bikers showed up, she asked herself why the genre changed from a romance comedy to action… to an erotic… then to a bromance. Yeah, she and I clicked.

Are you excited to start this drama? Which version of Do Hyun appeals to you more?

credit : soompi news

itemprop="name"Kim Ah Joong's 8 hot leading men

Actress Kim Ah Joong was already an in-demand leading actress before she was paired alongside Kim Rae Won in Punch. During the course of her career, the 32-year-old star has been romantically linked with heartthrobs and distinguished older men in her K-dramas and movies. 

Before you continue her journey as Shin Ha Kyung in the SBS mystery series, take a look at some of the other men she fell for on-screen.

(skipped unrelated.....)

5. Ji Sung is the man Kim accidentally calls instead of her boyfriend in the movie Whatcha Wearin'? Following their phone sex encounter, she meets and falls for him. 

jisung_2.jpg

source : dramafever

'Kill Me, Heal Me' Ji Seong, his sweet smile in severe wintery weather

photo551159.jpg

Actor Ji Seong's sweet smile warmed up the heart of people around him.

MBC drama, 'Kill Me, Heal Me' released Ji Seong's still image featuring his sweet smile that he would not give up even in the severe cold weather.

In the image Ji Seong smiles warmly like his character, Cha Do-hyeon and looks releaxed, while he is taking a rest between filming. This image contrasts to his another character, Perry Park, who is free-spirited and boasts thick accent when he speaks.

On standby, Ji Seong was holding onto hand warmer heat pack and kept smiling warmly with his typical docile eyes, which maintained the vibe on the set lively. He was spotted listening to staff members respectfully and responding with smiles.

A source from his agency said, "Due to the continuous cold weather below zero, there have been some difficulties in filming. Thanks to Ji Seong, who is smiley all the time during the filming, the vibe on the set is always kept energetic. He pays attention to each detail and communicates with staff members in order to bring the seven different characters to life. Please stay excited for the remaining characters".

Ji Seong took on the role of Cha Do-hyeon, who is a third generation chaebo and possesses 7 different personalities. Including the Cha Do-hyeon character with a demeanor like Britain's gentleman as well as Perry Park, who has tacky hairstyle and speaks thick southern dialect, he has been showing impressive acting performance.

Source : osen.mt.co.kr/article...

class="at_ttl"K-Drama Characters Wearing Guyliner Are Bound To Be Bad

Ji Sung

Viewers of the drama "Kill Me, Heal Me" may have noticed that make-up matters when deciding whether a male character is good or bad. When a male k-drama character wears eyeliner, he's meant to be a bad character or at the very least dangerous enough to avoid. In "Kill Me, Heal Me" Ji Sung plays a man with several personalities. His personalities range from meek to malevolent. His most dangerous personality, the one that's occasionally violent and takes daredevil risks, is the one that wears lots of guyliner.

He is not the only k-drama character to signify his bad boy ways with a little eye make-up.

(skipped unrelated.....)

What do you think about guyliner on k-drama actors? Are you a fan? Let us know.

Copyright ⓒ 2014 KDramaStars.com All rights reserved. Do not reproduce without permission.

class="content-title" style="font-family: 'Open Sans', 'Helvetica Neue', Arial, sans-serif; font-size: 23px; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; line-height: 1.4em; margin: 0px; padding: 0px; border: 0px; vertical-align: baseline; color: rgb(63, 63, 64); text-shadow: rgb(255, 255, 255) 1px 1px 0px; visibility: visible; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255);"Ji Sung Reveals Adorable Name for His Unborn Babykiddy_days January 4, 2015
Ji-Sung.jpg

Actor Ji Sung revealed the name that he and his wife, Lee Bo Young, have picked out for their unborn baby.

On the January 4 episode of “Section TV Entertainment Relay,” Ji Sung was interviewed for his work on the new drama “Kill Me Heal Me.” In the interview, he said, “I hope our Bo Bae is born quickly and comes to our side.”

When asked whether Bo Bae was the name that the couple had picked out for the baby, Ji Sung explained, “It’s Bo Bae. Kwak Bo Bae. My real name is Kwak Tae Geun and so Kwak Bo Bae means ‘Kwak Tae Geun and Lee Bo Young’s Baby.’” He then emphasized that the ‘Bae’ in the name is spelled to stand for ‘baby’ as opposed to the Korean word for ‘treasure,’ which is pronounced in a similar way.

Afterwards, Ji Sung promised, “As a dad, I will show you more mature sides of me.”

Ji-Sung-2.jpg

Source: http://www.soompi.com/2015/01/04/ji-sung-reveals-adorable-name-for-his-unborn-baby/

class="content-title"Man Crush Monday: “Save the Last Dance for Me’s” Kang Hyun Woo

Man Crush Monday: “Save the Last Dance for Me’s” Kang Hyun Woo

Ah… “Save the Last Dance for Me.” This drama always brings back fond memories as another oldie but goodie. As someone who enjoys a good melodrama, what’s not to love about it?!

Well… Okay.

There were some factors to this 2004 drama that were borderline unbearable or outright tacky (the unexpectedly bad and completely unnecessary hurdle for our poor OTP that took up a whole forty minutes in the last episode, anyone?), but there were plenty of positive things too.

The superb acting of the entire cast was definitely one of those positive things. The amazing OST was another. Let’s not forget the touching love story between our Man Crush Monday‘s Kang Hyun Woo and the love of his two lives, Ji Eun Soo.

But quite possibly the best throw-me-ten-years-back reason for the beauty of “Save the Last Dance for Me” comes from the fairytale of Ji Sung and Lee Bo Young. After all, while their love certainly wasn’t meant to be in the drama (thank goodness for that!), they were definitely fated to fall in love off screen. Awww!

­­Before I get too off topic though, let’s talk about Kang Hyun Woo and five reasons why he’s this week’s Man Crush Monday. (Spoilers ahead!)

1. He’s passionate.

MCM_KangHyunWoo_Passionate

From the get-go in the first episode, we already see how Kang Hyun Woo is passionate about the things he loves. He purposefully avoids going home because he knows his freedom is limited there. Had it not been for the lies he was told about his father’s deteriorating health, Kang Hyun Woo would never have stepped foot back in Korea. Additional proof of his strong will is his vehement proclamation that he will never give up his photography, no matter what, despite his father’s insistence and constant pressure. And even though he knows it’ll anger his parents, he spoke highly about his love for photography to his soon-to-be-fiancee’s parents, explaining that it was merely a hobby at first that turned into a fascination for more. He was even a second year student in the photography major at a university in New York. This startled everyone at the dinner table, even Yoon Soo Jin, because then there would be no one to take over the company in which all four parental figures are a large part of.

2. Kang Hyun Woo is romantically creative!

MCM_KangHyunWoo_Romantically

And sweet! And cute! I mean, painstakingly building a birdhouse by hand and carefully painting it to perfection just to store secret love letters in it? Come on! He’s a total taker! Talk about building a love nest… Ha! But not only that, he actually does write love letters to Ji Eun Soo. It’s not just for show! And who could forget the couple necklace he gave her? “This is the pact under the tree. Even if I can’t get my memory back, no, even if I remember and return to the unfamiliar reality, I will love you forever. I’ll never leave you. I promise.” Awww~

3. He’s cat-like.

MCM_KangHyunWoo_Cat

I don’t know about you, but I would love it if those close to me had nine lives like a cat! Kang Hyun Woo manages to survive fully intact even after getting stabbed, thrown down the side of a cliff, beaten on numerous occasions, hit by a car, and even kidnapped – kind of. He even escaped from getting ran over by another car meant to kill him due to an interference and practically got crushed by a large ice sculpture. All in all, his survival rate is probably sky high compared to everyone else and, hey, that totally works for me! There’s nothing quite like a guy who can survive through anything… and plus, luck always seems to be on his side, eh?

4. Kang Hyun Woo can bake like a pro.

MCM_KangHyunWoo_Bake

Okay, now I’m positive that he’s simply a figment of our imaginations. All these positive qualities already and he can bake?! Does that mean he can cook too? According to Ji Eun Soo, he’s quite the chef around the kitchen. I mean, just look at the determination on his face and the hard work he put into making someone happy with such a nice birthday surprise. Sometimes, it’s really the little qualities like this that truly makes a man so appealing.

5. He’s a perfect balance of hot and cold.

MCM_KangHyunWoo_HotCold

Kang Hyun Woo isn’t cold without a reason. Neither does he burn for just anyone. He lashes out when he’s unsettled and confused, but he never intentionally hurts anyone. He’s upfront and honest. He seeks justice for wrongdoings. He’s easily distraught but can viciously cut into someone with his sharp words. He’s soft at certain moments and firm when necessary. Kang Hyun Woo is both ying and yang and he’s entirely perfect just the way he is. He’s, well, he’s definitely all male and I totally enjoy spending my time looking at him. Ha ha.

So, what did you think about Kang Hyun Woo? Was he as crush worthy to you as he was to me? Let me know in the comments below! As per usual, here is your reminder to nominate the men who have stolen your heart for February’s Mystery Reveal. One of the best ways to make your crush known is to give a public confession, so let’s do it, Soompiers! He he.

credit : soompi news

class="titleNews"[Ratings: Wed, 01.21.15]

Wednesday, January 21, 2014

Dramas

1. MBC Kill Me, Heal Me 9.5
3. SBS Hyde, Jekyll, Me 8.6
4. KBS King′s Face 8.2

Variety

1. MBC Radio Star 6.9
2. SBS Eco Village 3.5
3. KBS Invisible Man 3.2 

Photo Credit: SBS / enews

Guest adikkeluangman

His new drama looks interesting. Maybe I will watch it later. From the still, his multiple personality are so different from each other.B4D2QecCYAAK6Zs.jpg

"Kill Me, Heal Me" makes a gap between "Hyde, Jekyll and I"

photo555720.jpg

MBC drama "Kill Me, Heal Me" has stabilized itself in first place.

According to Nielsen Korea, "Kill Me, Heal Me" rated 9.9%. This is 0.4% more than the previous episode and a record breaker.

"Kill Me, Heal Me" deals with a similar source to SBS "Hyde, Jekyll and I" starring Hyeon Bin but Ji Seong and Hwang Jeong-eum's outstanding performance put a gap between the two dramas.

(skipped unrelated.....)

Source : www.osen.co.kr/articl...

January 23, 2015

‘Kill Me’ accused of copying ‘Hyde’

The original creator of the TV drama “Hyde, Jekyll, Me” accused the screenwriter of “Kill Me, Heal Me” on Wednesday of plagiarizing his work.

“I was the first to come up with a story about a woman who falls in love with a man who has multiple personalities,” Lee Chung-ho, the creator of the cartoon series the drama is based on, said on his Twitter account.

Lee also described that “Kill Me” was the result of “stealing.”

Both the Wednesday-Thursday drama series center on male protagonists who are suffering from multiple personality disorders.

Actor Ji Sung of “Kill Me” has seven different personalities while Hyun Bin, pictured below, of “Hyde, Jekyll, Me,” an adaptation of Lee’s web cartoon series, has two starkly different personalities.

Lee’s webtoon was first published in 2011.

“The planning stage for our drama series began about a year ago,” MBC, the broadcaster behind “Kill Me,” told the Korean news agency Edaily on Thursday.

“And last fall, we came to realize that there would be another drama similar to ours. That was when we heard about the webtoon series [of Lee].”

The production team of “Hyde” released a statement on Thursday that said Lee’s Twitter message is his own personal opinion and does not reflect the stance of the whole production team.

The first episode of “Hyde,” which aired Wednesday, has been greatly anticipated because it features actor Hyun.

The last drama Hyun starred in was “Secret Garden” in 2010.

It earned 8.6 percent of the nationwide viewership rating, slightly lower than “Kill Me, Heal Me” at 9.5 percent, which airs in the same time slot.

BY SUNG SO-YOUNG

credit : JoongAngDaily