❤ Ji Sung ❤ 지성 / Drama 2022 : Adamas

LoVeCartier

Spoiler

Ji Sung Confronts Drug Crime Suspect With A Pang Of Conscience In

Ji Sung Confronts Drug Crime Suspect With A Pang Of Conscience In "Connection"

SBS’s upcoming drama “Connection” has released new stills!

“Connection” is a crime thriller starring Ji Sung as Jang Jae Kyung, a well-respected detective who is the ace of the narcotics unit. Although Jang Jae Kyung is a trusted detective who cares deeply about his principles, his world is turned upside down when he is kidnapped and forcibly addicted to a mysterious new drug against his will.

The production team of “Connection” revealed that Ji Sung will kick off the first episode with a high-adrenaline scene featuring an intense standoff with a suspect in the middle of the night. In the scene, Jang Jae Kyung engages in a vicious battle with a suspect in a drug-related crime.

Jang Jae Kyung’s anger intensifies as he stares relentlessly at the suspect while grabbing him by the neck. Yet, despite Jang Jae Kyung’s fierce determination as he gets back up after being pushed to the ground, a fleeting glimpse of vulnerability later flickers in his eyes. This sudden shift in Jang Jae Kyung’s emotions prompts questions about what might have caused his momentary hesitation during this intense arrest operation.

jisung-connection.jpg

jisung.jpg

jisung-stills.jpg

Spoiler

jisung-connection-stills.jpg

According to the production team, Ji Sung brought Jang Jae Kyung’s determined actions to life with intense emotion in the scene, making a lasting impression. Ji Sung arrived on set with a bright smile and worked closely with the other actors to fine-tune each movement. He diligently prepared for the scene, analyzing different camera angles, and once filming commenced, he flawlessly portrayed the charismatic Jang Jae Kyung.

The production team remarked, “Ji Sung’s powerful performance had the entire staff captivated and holding their breath in concentration.” They added, “‘Connection’ has all the key elements of a compelling drama that reveals and explains its characters through incidents. Once you start watching it, you’ll be drawn in by its irresistible charm.”

“Connection” premieres on May 24 at 10 p.m. KST and will be available on Viki.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1663090wpp/ji-sung-confronts-drug-criminal-suspect-with-a-pang-of-conscience-in-connection

• Like 1

*** TODAY is D-DAY!  Ji Sung is back on my screen and I’m here for it. So excited for this! Ji Sung was absolutely fantastic in "Defendant", so glad to see him doing another crime thriller. Let's see if CONNECTION will be as nerve-wracking (very likely).............. Still, I hope it's great! Thank you, SBS for bringing back Ji Sung! He will make this come alive!  :Ohboy3:

Time slot: Friday-Saturday
Broadcaster: SBS
Genre: Crime, thriller, mystery, suspense, action
Episode count: 16
Global streamer: Viki

• Like 1

Here are the ratings for Episode 1! :).

20240525014746_Bitter-Sweet-Hell-Connect

"Bitter Sweet Hell" And "Connection" Kick Off Close Ratings Battle With Neck-And-Neck Premieres

Two star-powered new dramas got off to promising starts last night!

On May 24, both MBC’s “Bitter Sweet Hell” and SBS’s “Connection” aired their highly-anticipated premieres in the same time slot.

“Connection” trailed close behind with an average nationwide rating of 5.7 percent

Meanwhile, “Connection” is a crime thriller starring Ji Sung as Jang Jae Kyung, a well-respected detective who is the ace of the narcotics unit. Although Jang Jae Kyung is a trusted detective who cares deeply about his principles, his world is turned upside down when he is kidnapped and forcibly addicted to a mysterious new drug against his will.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1663872wpp/bitter-sweet-hell-and-connection-kick-off-close-ratings-battle-with-neck-and-neck-premieres

SBS' thriller series 'Connection' deals with society's rising pain: drugs

20240524050566_0.jpg

SBS's new thriller drama series "Connection" will aim to raise awareness about drug use in Korean society by dealing with destructive effects of drugs -- a sensitive subject for terrestrial television.

"Connection" is a 16-part series that narrates the story of Jang Jae-kyung (played by Ji Sung), a detective specialized in catching drug criminals, who becomes forcibly addicted to drugs by an unidentified person.

The series' director, Kim Mun-kyo, said he aimed to shed light on the destructive effects of drug use via the series.

"Drug use is a timely topic to discuss in the contemporary era, but a difficult topic to deal with on broadcasting channels," said Kim during a press conference held in Mok-dong, Seoul, Friday.

"Instead of mimicking and showcasing the momentary pleasure that drugs can provide, we aimed to portray drug use as a type of sickness. We decided to take a bold approach in expressing this aspect, and depicted drug addiction like a serious condition," he said.

Kwak Tae-keun, more popularly known by his stage name Ji Sung, said he put in diverse efforts to realistically portray a drug addict.

"Raising kids, I gained a lot of weight, to the point when I weighed about 85 kilograms. However, I lost 15 kilograms over two months in order to effectively portray a person addicted to drugs," said Ji Sung.

"Also, when I perform as Jae-kyung on-screen, instead of spitting out breaths when speaking, I tried to take in breaths, in efforts to depict a person who is suffering from the pain of being addicted to drugs. I experienced fits of hyperventilation, trying to perform this during shooting," he said.

Ji Sung added the drama series reflects the hypothetical scenario of "What if I were forcibly addicted to drugs by someone?"

"I think it was a scenario that all viewers might consider at least once. The drama series doesn't offer a solution to the societal problems raised by drugs, but through telling (stories and choices made by) Jang Jae-kyung, it can provide some courage within our (drug-ridden) society," he said.

The first episode of "Connection" will air on SBS on Friday, 10 p.m.

credit : Korea Herald

https://www.koreaherald.com/view.php?ud=20240524050564

Here are the ratings for Episode 2! :).

20240526032442_Connection-Bitter-Sweet-H

"Connection" Pulls Ahead Of “Bitter Sweet Hell” To Take No. 1 Ratings

Connection” has taken the lead in its neck-and-neck ratings battle with “Bitter Sweet Hell”!

On May 25, SBS’s new thriller “Connection” took first place in its time slot across all channels for its second episode—pulling ahead of MBC’s new black comedy “Bitter Sweet Hell,” which airs in the same time slot.

According to Nielsen Korea, the second episode of “Connection” scored an average nationwide rating of 6.1 percent, making it the most-watched miniseries to air on Saturday.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1663956wpp/connection-pulls-ahead-of-bitter-sweet-hell-to-take-no-1-ratings

*** Starting with 5-6% is pretty normal for the first (2) EPs. As long as the numbers are not going down, I'm not going to worry. Although, ratings don't affect quality of dramas.   :coolshades:

*** My weekend drama – Connection — has a nice start with 5.7%, but I'll see where it lands after next week when viewers settle into a show.   I guess Ji Sung is a viewer's favorite in this genre. I hope to see Connection with a double digit rating soon.   :blush:

Drama viewership ratings for the week of May 20-26, 2024

LINK here : dramabeans

https://www.dramabeans.com/2024/05/drama-viewership-ratings-for-the-week-of-may-20-26-2024/

Friday, May 24      
Bittersweet Hell 1 MBC 6.0%
Connection 1 SBS 5.7%

Saturday, May 25      
The Atypical Family 7 JTBC 3.5%
Beauty and Mr. Romantic 19 KBS 14.8%
Bittersweet Hell 2 MBC 5.5%
Missing Crown Prince 13 MBN 2.9%
Connection 2 SBS 6.1%
The Midnight Romance in Hagwon 5 tvN 4.2%
  • Like 1

*** SBS is being “revived” with its latest drama “Connection”.  Indeed, after just two episodes, “Connection” has recorded an impressive viewership rating, with the 2nd episode achieving an average nationwide rating of 6.1%. It leads the Friday-Saturday evening slot. For me, aside from Kim Soo Hyun, Ji Sung is known for his excellent script selection. The first (2) EPs had intense plot, fast-paced development and unpredictable twists. Ji Sung has never disappointed the audience. He always delivers a stellar performance from all his dramas. I love his acting in this drama especially in scenes where his character experiences withdrawal symptoms.  :ohboy2:

connection-1-270524.webp

• Like 1

*** SBS’s “Connection  has released new stills of the next episode! The next episode of “Connection” will air on May 31 at 10 p.m. KST.   :Twerkdatbutt:

jisung-kwon-yool-connection.jpg

jisung-connection-1.jpg

source : https://m.entertain.naver.com/now/article/609/0000859471

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Ji Sung And Kwon Yool Have A Tense Confrontation Over Their Deceased Friend's Insurance In "Connection"

Spoiler

20240530023042_ji-sung-kwon-yool-connect

SBS’s “Connection” has released new stills of the next episode!

“Connection” is a crime thriller starring Ji Sung as Jang Jae Kyung, a well-respected detective who is the ace of the narcotics unit. Although Jang Jae Kyung is a trusted detective who cares deeply about his principles, his world is turned upside down when he is kidnapped and forcibly addicted to a mysterious new drug against his will.

In the first two episodes, Jang Jae Kyung was puzzled by the sudden death of Park Jun Seo (Yoon Na Moo), who visited him after a long absence. He insisted on an autopsy at the funeral parlor, but Park Tae Jin (Kwon Yool), who performed the autopsy, declared it a suicide. Furthermore, during the reading of Park Jun Seo’s will, Park Tae Jin disclosed that Jang Jae Kyung and Oh Yoon Jin (Jeon Mi Do) were named as beneficiaries of a 5 billion won (approximately $3.6 million) insurance policy taken out in Park Jun Seo’s corporate name, causing shock.

Tensions rise as Ji Sung and Kwon Yool clash following the shocking revelation of insurance beneficiaries. The intense confrontation between Jang Jae Kyung and Park Tae Jin unfolds dramatically in a corridor face-off. Jang Jae Kyung expresses intense anger toward Park Tae Jin, while he calmly provokes him, creating a volatile atmosphere on the brink of explosion.

jisung-kwon-yool-connection.jpg

jisung-connection-1.jpg

kwon-yool-connection.jpg

Additionally, when Park Tae Jin makes a remark, Oh Yoon Jin and Won Jong Soo (Kim Kyung Nam) have tense expressions, attracting attention to their response. Now, the spotlight is on whether Jang Jae Kyung and Park Tae Jin will clash again and what Park Tae Jin’s surprising comment might be.

jeon-mi-do-connection.jpg

kim-kyung-nam-connection.jpg

The tense scene with Ji Sung and Kwon Yool showcases the actors’ seamless teamwork. Jeon Mi Do and Kim Kyung Nam adeptly portrayed their characters’ evolving feelings in response, increasing anticipation for the cast’s exceptional performances.

The production team said, “The breakdown of a troubled friendship surfaces slowly after this scene.” They continued, “We encourage viewers to keep watching to see how Jang Jae Kyung and Oh Yoon Jin, now insurance beneficiaries, navigate the situation. It’s worth noting that if the cause of death is deemed suicide, insurance payouts might be affected.”

The next episode of “Connection” will air on May 31 at 10 p.m. KST.

credit : soompi news

6 K-Dramas To Watch If You Miss The Cast Of "The Escape Of The Seven: Resurrection"

Defendant

defendant.jpg

Featuring Uhm Ki Joon, the notorious villain from “The Escape of the Seven: Resurrection,” “Defendant” is a crime thriller K-drama.

This story is quite unique and one of a kind—it begins with Park Jung Woo (Ji Sung), a prosecutor who wakes up with amnesia and finds himself on death row. While he struggles to recover his memory and prove his innocence, the villain of the story, Cha Min Ho (Uhm Ki Joon), tries to get away with his crime. This drama is filled with anxiety-inducing scenes and twists and turns that will keep you on the edge of your seat.

Watch “Defendant”:

Watch Now

• Like 1

On 5/28/2024 at 3:26 AM, willenette said:

*** SBS is being “revived” with its latest drama “Connection”.  Indeed, after just two episodes, “Connection” has recorded an impressive viewership rating, with the 2nd episode achieving an average nationwide rating of 6.1%. It leads the Friday-Saturday evening slot. For me, aside from Kim Soo Hyun, Ji Sung is known for his excellent script selection. The first (2) EPs had intense plot, fast-paced development and unpredictable twists. Ji Sung has never disappointed the audience. He always delivers a stellar performance from all his dramas. I love his acting in this drama especially in scenes where his character experiences withdrawal symptoms.  :ohboy2:

connection-1-270524.webp

So far I like much more than Adamas of which I tried 3 times but cannot get pass the first few episodes.  I like JS a lot and think he is a great actor, so I am glad that this drama is off to a good start!  BTW,  I might be one of the very few people who doesn't get the charm of Kim Soo Hyun - I almost never can finish anything he is in.  

Here are the ratings for Episode 3! :).

20240601031059_Bitter-Sweet-Hell-Connect

"Bitter Sweet Hell" And "Connection" Both Rise To Their Highest Ratings Yet

Both MBC’s “Bitter Sweet Hell” and SBS’s “Connection” are on the rise!

On May 31, the two new dramas—which air in the same Friday-Saturday time slot—achieved their highest viewership ratings yet for their respective third episodes.

Meanwhile, “Connection” jumped to a nationwide average of 7.0 percent for the night, marking its own all-time high. The new crime thriller also took first place in its time slot among the key demographic of viewers ages 20 to 49, with whom it scored an average rating of 2.8 percent.

Congratulations to the casts and crews of both dramas!

https://www.soompi.com/article/1665375wpp/bitter-sweet-hell-and-connection-both-rise-to-their-highest-ratings-yet

On 5/31/2024 at 9:21 PM, sunny88 said:

So far I like much more than Adamas of which I tried 3 times but cannot get pass the first few episodes.  I like JS a lot and think he is a great actor, so I am glad that this drama is off to a good start!  BTW,  I might be one of the very few people who doesn't get the charm of Kim Soo Hyun - I almost never can finish anything he is in.  

@sunny88  Well, South Korean series go from strength to strength so, so far I still can't compare his current drama, which was just begun to his previous one. Adamas is mainly a mystery drama, but attempts to span across  different genres. it was a beautiful story. It's just that they teased an open-ending and if just makes you think, do we get a second season? I believe that nothing can go wrong when Ji Sung is in a drama. I have a strong faith in his projects for his spectacular character portrayal and amazing performances. In Adamas, I was a bit confused due to the twins concept but at the end of ep1, I decided to binge it. But, I can say, Ji Sung is always incredible. I can't say that this is what everybody likes and It's totally up to you and your favorite genres.  :blush:

• Like 1

*** Jeon Mi Do will have a special participation in  "Connection."  Other than being Ji Sung's leading lady, she will be singing the OST for the series. "Connection" part 2 OST, titled "The Wind Blows," will be sung by Jeon Mi Do herself. We got to hear the new track, which was released earlier, June 1 at 6 p.m. KST. Per report, "The Wind Blows" is a remake of Lee So Ra's song, which was released in 2020. Interestingly, this will be her second time singing an OST for a K-drama. Jeon Mi Do is a singer by profession. "Connection" airs every Friday and Saturday. Global viewers could stream it through Viki and Kocowa.   :cutekitty:

source : https://m.entertain.naver.com/now/article/112/0003700500

• Like 1

Here are the ratings for Episode 4! :).

20240602031113_Ji-Sung-Jeon-Mi-Do.jpg?s=

"Connection" Ratings Soar To New All-Time High For 4th Episode

BS’s “Connection” continues to gain viewers with each new episode!

On June 1, the new thriller starring Ji Sung and Jeon Mi Do earned its highest viewership ratings yet with its fourth episode. According to Nielsen Korea, the latest broadcast of “Connection” scored an average nationwide rating of 7.9 percent, marking a new all-time high for the show.

“Connection” was also the most-watched program of any kind to air on Saturday among the key demographic of viewers ages 20 to 49, with whom it scored an average rating of 2.7 percent.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1665446wpp/connection-ratings-soar-to-new-all-time-high-for-4th-episode

• Like 1

*** SBS’s new thrillerConnectiondebuted at No. 4 on the drama list this week, and its star Ji Sung entered the actor rankings at No. 8.  :Twerkdatbutt:

Most Buzzworthy Drama And Actor Rankings For 4th Week

The top 10 TV dramas that generated the most buzz this week are as follows:

1. tvN “Lovely Runner”
  2. JTBC “The Atypical Family”
  3. tvN “The Midnight Romance in Hagwon”
  4. SBS “Connection”
  5. MBC “Bitter Sweet Hell”
  6. ENA “Crash”
  7. JTBC “Frankly Speaking”
  8. KBS2 “Beauty and Mr. Romantic
  9. KBS2 “Dare to Love Me
  10. MBN “Missing Crown Prince

1. Byeon Woo Seok (“Lovely Runner”)
  2. Kim Hye Yoon (“Lovely Runner”)
  3. Jung Ryeo Won (“The Midnight Romance in Hagwon”)
  4. Chun Woo Hee (“The Atypical Family”)
  5. Jang Ki Yong (“The Atypical Family”)
  6. Wi Ha Joon (“The Midnight Romance in Hagwon”)
  7. Song Geon Hee (“Lovely Runner”)
  8. Ji Sung (“Connection”)
  9. Kim Hee Sun (“Bitter Sweet Hell”)
  10. Chun Woo Hee (“The 8 Show”)

• Like 1

*** Connection has proven ready to take the lead.  :kaching3:   :Fist1:

Drama viewership ratings for the week of May 27- June 2, 2024

LINK here : dramabeans

https://www.dramabeans.com/2024/06/drama-viewership-ratings-for-the-week-of-may-27-june-2-2024/

Friday, May 31      
Bittersweet Hell 3 MBC 6.2%
Connection 3 SBS 7.0%

Saturday, June 1      
The Atypical Family 9 JTBC 3.6%
Beauty and Mr. Romantic 21 KBS 15.4%
Bittersweet Hell 4 MBC 4.9%
Missing Crown Prince 15 MBN 3.5%
Connection 4 SBS 7.9%
The Midnight Romance in Hagwon 7 tvN 4.1%

Spoiler

Ji Sung And Jeon Mi Do Have A Secret Meeting At The Police Station In

Ji Sung And Jeon Mi Do Have A Secret Meeting At The Police Station In "Connection"

SBS’s “Connection” has shared new stills from its upcoming episode!

“Connection” is a crime thriller starring Ji Sung as Jang Jae Kyung, a well-respected detective who is the ace of the narcotics unit. Jeon Mi Do stars as Oh Yoon Jin, an opinionated and outspoken reporter who works at a newspaper.

Spoilers

Previously on “Connection,” Oh Yoon Jin investigated a medical case reported through a text message, while Jang Jae Kyung searched the area near where Park Joon Seo (Yoon Na Moo)’s body was found, marking the start of their alliance.

However, just as Jang Jae Kyung was about to obtain the CCTV footage from a mill, the mill owner was attacked, heightening the suspense of the story.

The newly released stills from the next episode depict Oh Yoon Jin and Jang Jae Kyung having a secret meeting at the police station. During his lunch break, Oh Yoon Jin unexpectedly appears before Jang Jae Kyung, who is struggling to find a clue to the case. She greets him with a bright smile while holding a lunchbox, but Jang Jae Kyung maintains a serious expression.

connection-1.jpgconnection-2.jpg

In the middle of their conversation, both Oh Yoon Jin and Jang Jae Kyung suddenly look surprised, and their expressions harden. What shocking fact will they discover during their conversation, and why has Oh Yoon Jin suddenly brought a lunchbox to the police station instead of Jang Jae Kyung’s house?

Spoiler

connection-3.jpgconnection-4.jpgconnection-5.jpg

According to the drama’s production team, Ji Sung and Jeon Mi Do perfectly captured the tension of the scene, and they also created a cheerful atmosphere on set by chatting before filming and showcasing their excellent chemistry. “Ji Sung and Jeon Mi Do are actors who have the power to heighten the intensity of the drama,” said the production team.

“Connection” will air a special recap of Episodes 1 to 4 on June 6 and 7. The recap, which will summarize key content from the first four episodes, will be broadcast on June 6 at 11:00 a.m. KST and 6:30 p.m. KST, as well as June 7 at 12:50 p.m. KST.

The production team remarked, “We believe that watching the recap of Episodes 1–4 and speculating about the upcoming fifth episode while awaiting the broadcast will make the drama even more enjoyable. Please give both the recap and the upcoming episode a lot of interest.”

The next episode of “Connection” will air on June 7 at 10 p.m. KST.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1666350wpp/ji-sung-and-jeon-mi-do-have-a-secret-meeting-at-the-police-station-in-connection