❤ Ji Sung ❤ 지성 / Drama 2022 : Adamas

LoVeCartier

Watch: Ji Sung, Jeon Mi Do, Kwon Yool, And Kim Kyung Nam Stay Playful While Filming Intense Scenes On Set Of "Connection"

20240606101513_connection-bts.jpg?s=900x

SBS’s “Connection” has shared a making-of video!

“Connection” is a crime thriller starring Ji Sung as Jang Jae Kyung, a well-respected detective who is the ace of the narcotics unit. Jeon Mi Do stars as Oh Yoon Jin, an opinionated and outspoken reporter who works at a newspaper.

Kwon Yool portrays prosecutor Park Tae Jin, who is known as the brain among his friends, and Kim Kyung Nam stars as Won Jong Soo, the vice chairman of Geum Hyun Group, who has both money and power.

The newly released making-of video unveils the secrets behind the intense scenes of the previous episodes.

In the observation room scene, Kwon Yool and Kim Kyung Nam demonstrate their professionalism while watching others being investigated for Park Joon Seo (Yoon Na Moo)’s death. They initially exchange hearts, showcasing their playful side, but seamlessly transition into their characters’ serious roles once the cue is given. Despite their villainous on-screen personas, off-screen, they reveal their mischievous and humorous sides. For instance, Kwon Yool exaggeratedly bends his legs to accommodate a shorter makeup artist, jokingly saying, “This is more me teasing you than being a gentleman,” eliciting laughter. Meanwhile, Kim Kyung Nam, engrossed in sightseeing on set, doesn’t notice the camera and, when he finally does, immediately pretends to be busy reading the script.

Ji Sung also shows his quirky side behind the scenes. He shares jokes with his fellow narcotics unit members and demonstrates a tender affection toward a child actor, engaging with the child at his level and finding him adorable.

During scenes with Jeon Mi Do, Ji Sung lightens the mood by suggesting her character needs more exercise. These lighthearted moments provide viewers with a refreshing break from the intense drama, adding a touch of joy and relief.

Check out the full making-of video below!

The next episode of “Connection” will air on June 7 at 10 p.m. KST.

credit : soompi news

• Like 1

*** SBS’s “Connection has shared a sneak peek of a tense encounter from its next episode TONIGHT! In newly released stills, Jang Jae Kyung is investigating the area around the mill when he runs into Senior Inspector Yoo (Park Jung Pyo), who has just arrived at the crime scene. Ji Sung is an actor who exudes an exceptional aura and has the ability to control the story, even in a monologue scene brought to life through his facial expressions and gaze. The next episode of “Connection” will air on June 7 at 10 p.m. KST.   :kaching1:

Ji-Sung.jpeg

Ji-Sung-2.jpeg

Park-Jung-Pyo-Ji-Sung.jpeg

Ji Sung Gets Into A Heated Standoff With A Senior Inspector In "Connection"

Spoiler

20240607035757_Ji-Sung-Park-Jung-Pyo.jpg

SBS’s “Connection” has shared a sneak peek of a tense encounter from its next episode!

“Connection” is a crime thriller starring Ji Sung as Jang Jae Kyung, a well-respected detective who is the ace of the narcotics unit. Although Jang Jae Kyung is a trusted detective who cares deeply about his principles, his world is turned upside down when he is kidnapped and forcibly addicted to a mysterious new drug against his will.

Spoilers

In newly released stills from the drama’s upcoming fifth episode, Jang Jae Kyung is investigating the area around the mill when he runs into Senior Inspector Yoo (Park Jung Pyo), who has just arrived at the crime scene. Although Jang Jae Kyung tries to tell Yoo about all the clues and evidence he’s found, the other police officer reacts with hostility, offended that Jang Jae Kyung is trying to get involved in what’s supposed to be his case.

When Jang Jae Kyung refuses to budge even after Senior Inspector Yoo tries to get rid of him, the situation escalates, with Yoo raising his voice and angrily pointing a finger at the other man. Frustrated by the other man’s stubborn attitude, Jang Jae Kyung doesn’t back down, leading to a heated standoff between the two detectives.

Ji-Sung.jpeg Park-Jung-Pyo.jpeg Ji-Sung-2.jpeg Park-Jung-Pyo-Ji-Sung.jpeg Ji-Sung-3.jpeg

Praising Ji Sung’s acting, the “Connection” production team commented, “Ji Sung is an actor who exudes an exceptional aura and has the ability to control the story, even in a monologue scene brought to life through his facial expressions, gaze, and narration.”

The next episode of “Connection” will air on June 7 at 10 p.m. KST.

*** In the latest video on the YouTube channel “MMTG,” Ji Sung appeared alongside his co-stars Jeon Mi Do, Kwon Yul, Kim Kyung Nam, and Jung Soon Won from the SBS drama Connection, sharing various stories. Here, he expressed his deep affection for his wife, Lee Bo Young, and their children. Ji Sung also shared that he still has Lee Bo Young saved in his phone as “Ultra Super Sexy Beauty,” and explained, “I sleep horizontally at the foot of the bed with my wife and two children to prevent the kids from falling off. Our goal is to raise our children well. Our dream is for them to grow up healthy and wonderful.” Jeon Mi Do chimed in, “Every time I talk to him, I feel like a bad person. I always tell my husband about Ji Sung.” Ji Sung also recounted how he started acting, “I wanted to learn acting, so I went to an acting school, where they connected me with reenactment roles for part-time work. My real name is Kwak Tae Geun, but no one calls me that anymore. Back then, scripts were piled up outside the drama production office, and you could take as many as you needed. I used to read scripts in Yeouido Park, fall asleep under the stars, and sneak into studios to learn from actors.” Regarding his role in the 1999 drama KAIST, Ji Sung said, “I wanted it so much that I called 411 to get the production company’s number. I gathered the courage to get an audition opportunity, and that’s how I debuted.” Ji Sung has since won two Grand Prizes at the MBC Drama Award in 2015 for Kill Me, Heal Me and the SBS Drama Award in 2017 for Innocent Defendant. He shared, “My wife says I received the awards thanks to our daughter. She was born in 2015, and everything good that happened is because of her.”   :heart1:

jisung.png

0003240948_001_20240606183507835.jpg?typ

source : https://m.entertain.naver.com/ranking/article/108/0003240948

• Like 1

Here are the ratings for Episode 5! :).

20240607235906_Ji-Sung-Jeon-Mi-Do-1.jpg?

"Connection" Soars To Its Highest Ratings Yet

BS’s new drama “Connection” shows no signs of slowing down!

On June 7, the thriller continued its perfect streak of hitting a new all-time high in viewership with every episode. According to Nielsen Korea, “Connection” achieved its highest ratings yet for its fifth episode, which scored a nationwide average of 8.5 percent.

Not only did “Connection” take first place in its time slot across all channels, but it was also the most-watched show in its time slot among the key demographic of viewers ages 20 to 49, with whom it earned an average rating of 2.5 percent.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1666677wpp/connection-soars-to-its-highest-ratings-yet

• Like 1

Here are the ratings for Episode 6! :).

20240609011413_Connection-Missing-Crown-

"Connection" And "Missing Crown Prince" Ratings Rise To New All-Time Highs

SBS’s “Connection” and MBN’s “Missing Crown Prince” both soared to new heights last night!

On June 8, “Connection” continued its perfect six-episode streak of gaining more and more viewers with each new episode. According to Nielsen Korea, the latest broadcast of the thriller drama scored an average nationwide rating of 9.4 percent, marking a new personal record for the show.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1666751wpp/connection-and-missing-crown-prince-ratings-rise-to-new-all-time-highs

*** SBS’s “Connection came in at No. 5 on the drama list this week, and star Ji Sung held steady at No. 8 on the actor list.  :Ohboy3:

Most Buzzworthy Drama And Actor Rankings In Final Week

The top 10 TV dramas that generated the most buzz this week are as follows:

1. tvN “Lovely Runner”
  2. JTBC “The Atypical Family”
  3. Netflix “The 8 Show”
  4. tvN “The Midnight Romance in Hagwon”
  5. SBS “Connection”
  6. MBC “Bitter Sweet Hell”
  7. ENA “Crash”
  8. JTBC “Frankly Speaking”
  9. TVING “Dreaming of a Freaking Fairy Tale”
  10. KBS2 “Beauty and Mr. Romantic

Meanwhile, the top 10 drama actors that generated the most buzz this week are as follows:

1. Byeon Woo Seok (“Lovely Runner”)
  2. Kim Hye Yoon (“Lovely Runner”)
  3. Jung Ryeo Won (“The Midnight Romance in Hagwon”)
  4. Chun Woo Hee (“The Atypical Family”)
  5. Wi Ha Joon (“The Midnight Romance in Hagwon”)
  6. Jang Ki Yong (“The Atypical Family”)
  7. Song Geon Hee (“Lovely Runner”)
  8. Ji Sung (“Connection”)
  9. Kim Hee Sun (“Bitter Sweet Hell”)
  10. Chun Woo Hee (“The 8 Show”)

• Like 1

*** When Ji Sung shared the reason why he sleeps at the foot of the bed with his family is the sweetest reason. About this, Ji Sung explained, "I sleep horizontally at the foot of the bed while my wife and children sleep normally. I do it to prevent my kids from falling off the bed during the night." Isn't he so sweet?   :kaching1:

• Like 1

*** When Ji Sung appeared on MMTG's latest episode hosted by Jae Jae, he was asked about his kissing scene with Park Seo Joon in "Kill Me, Heal Me". He revealed that Park Seo Joon had willingly agreed to his proposal. To this, Jae Jae pointed out that Park Seo Joon had told a different story and shared that he was a little surprised with the idea.   :Megalol:   :emmm:

• Like 1

*** Connection continues on its rise and is getting awfully near to double digits.  :please:

Drama viewership ratings for the week of June 3-9, 2024

LINK here : dramabeans

https://www.dramabeans.com/2024/06/drama-viewership-ratings-for-the-week-of-june-3-9-2024/#google_vignette

Friday, June 7      
Bittersweet Hell 5 MBC 6.0%
Connection 5 SBS 8.5%

Saturday, June 8      
The Atypical Family 11 JTBC 3.8%
Beauty and Mr. Romantic 23 KBS 16.0%
Bittersweet Hell 6 MBC 5.1%
Missing Crown Prince 17 MBN 4.4%
Connection 6 SBS 9.4%
The Midnight Romance in Hagwon 9 tvN 3.2%
  • Like 1

*** I'm happy that "Connection" starts picking up momentum..... It's on track to break double digits, which would be fantastic! The drama has very strong reviews, too primarily for Ji Sung's acting. Ji Sung is great as always. Here's to a 3rd Daesang for Ji Sung!   :happy2:

• Like 1

*** The Korean Business Research Institute has revealed this month’s brand reputation rankings for drama actors!

The rankings were determined through a data analysis of the media coverage, participation, interaction, and community indexes of 50 actors who appeared in dramas that aired between May 11 and June 11.    :kisslevel:

Check out the top 30 for this month below!

1. Byeon Woo Seok
  2. Chun Woo Hee
  3. Kim Hye Yoon
  4. Song Geon Hee
  5. Jung Ryeo Won
  6. Kim Hee Sun
  7. Wi Ha Joon
  8. Jang Ki Yong
  9. Ji Sung
  10. Lee Hye Young
  11. Lee Je Hoon
  12. Park So Yi
  13. Kang Han Na
  14. Go Kyung Pyo
  15. Claudia Kim
  16. Im Soo Hyang
  17. Lee Dong Hwi
  18. Ji Hyun Woo
  19. Hwang Jung Eum
  20. Kim Nam Hee
  21. Uhm Ki Joon
  22. Lee Yu Bi
  23. Park Sang Won
  24. N.Flying’s Lee Seung Hyub
  25. Lee Joon
  26. INFINITE’s Kim Myung Soo
  27. Kwak Sun Young
  28. Lee Yoo Young
  29. Jeon Mi Do
  30. Lee Min Ki

115176_245926_547.jpg

115176_245927_559.jpg

source : https://www.gpkorea.com/news/articleView.html?idxno=115176

• Like 1

Watch: Ji Sung, Do Geon Woo, And More Reveal Gentle Sides To Their Intimidating Characters On Set Of “Connection”

20240612185323_connection.jpg?s=900x600&

SBS’s “Connection” has unveiled the latest making-of video, providing a glimpse into the actors’ transition into their characters!

“Connection” is a crime thriller starring Ji Sung as Jang Jae Kyung, a well-respected detective who is the ace of the narcotics unit. Although Jang Jae Kyung is a trusted detective who cares deeply about his principles, his world is turned upside down when he is kidnapped and forcibly addicted to a mysterious new drug against his will.

Spoilers

The newly released video captures moments of filming when Ji Sung’s character discovers that Park Jun Seo (Yoon Na Moo) is the one who saw the security camera footage. Ji Sung perfectly embodies his character by conveying shock with serious facial expressions, yet eagerly awaits the director’s cut sign with playful V signs. He continues to make the same gestures each time he awaits direction and then admits that he felt anxious about whether he did something wrong, which lightens up the atmosphere on set.

The actors also demonstrate their professional sides during rehearsals and filming. In another scene, Ji Sung and Do Geon Woo, who portrays the drug addict Kang Min Ho, seamlessly slip into their roles as Ji Sung’s character conducts a rigorous investigation on Kang Min Ho. The actors’ performances are a stark contrast to their usual lighthearted selves behind the scenes, making viewers impressed with their talents and acting prowesses.

Watch the full making-of video here!

Here are the ratings for Episode 7! :).

20240615013643_Connection_a0197f.jpg?s=9

"Connection" Heads Into 2nd Half On Ratings High

SBS’s “Connection” wrapped up the first half of its run on a high note!

On June 14, the hit thriller starring Ji Sung and Jeon Mi Do maintained its all-time ratings high ahead of its second half. According to Nielsen Korea, the latest episode of “Connection” held steady with an average nationwide rating of 9.4 percent.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1668228wpp/connection-heads-into-2nd-half-on-ratings-high

• Like 1

*** "Connection" had a slight decrease in ratings. SBS' Friday-Saturday drama, which aired on June 15th, recorded a rating of 9.1% (Ep.8). This is a decrease from 9.4% (Ep.7) recorded in the previous episode.  :blush:

***Connection rose to No. 2 on the drama list this week, and its star Ji Sung climbed to No. 5 on the actor list.  :Twerkdatbutt:

Most Buzzworthy Drama/Actor List on Good Data Corporation’s weekly list

The top 10 TV dramas that generated the most buzz this week are as follows:

1. JTBC “The Atypical Family”
  2. SBS “Connection”
  3. tvN “The Midnight Romance in Hagwon”
  4. tvN “The Player 2: Master of Swindlers”
  5. JTBC “Frankly Speaking”
  6. MBC “Bitter Sweet Hell”
  7. ENA “Crash”
  8. KBS2 “Beauty and Mr. Romantic
  9. MBN “Missing Crown Prince
  10. KBS2 “Dare to Love Me

Meanwhile, the top 10 drama actors that generated the most buzz this week are as follows:

1. Jung Ryeo Won (“The Midnight Romance in Hagwon”)
  2. Jang Ki Yong (“The Atypical Family”)
  3. Wi Ha Joon (“The Midnight Romance in Hagwon”)
  4. Chun Woo Hee (“The Atypical Family”)
  5. Ji Sung (“Connection”)
  6. Go Kyung Pyo (“Frankly Speaking”)
  7. Roh Jeong Eui (“Hierarchy”)
  8. Kim Hee Sun (“Bitter Sweet Hell”)
  9. Song Seung Heon (“The Player 2: Master of Swindlers”)
  10. Chun Woo Hee (“The 8 Show”)

*** Connection is still aiming for double digits.  But, I'm happy that the drama is doing good in ratings. Although, I still expect double  digits this week.   :kitty:

Drama viewership ratings for the week of June 10-16, 2024

LINK here : dramabeans

https://www.dramabeans.com/2024/06/drama-viewership-ratings-for-the-week-of-june-10-16-2024/

Friday, June 14      
Bittersweet Hell 7 MBC 5.1%
Connection 7 SBS 9.4%

Saturday, June 15      
Miss Night and Day 1 JTBC 4.0%
Beauty and Mr. Romantic 25 KBS 16.2%
Bittersweet Hell 8 MBC 4.8%
Missing Crown Prince 19 MBN 4.2%
Connection 8 SBS 9.1%
The Midnight Romance in Hagwon 11 tvN 3.4%

10 Married Korean actors who found happily ever after

They have managed to maintain both personal and professional lives with ease. K-dramas are no longer confined to South Korea alone, they have become an international phenomenon and people from all over the world enjoy the unique shows.

As much as the actors have swept the viewers off their feet with their on-screen romance, they have also managed to find true love in real life. These married Korean actors are shining examples of how one can manage both a healthy married life and a professional career, despite being under the limelight. 

Without further ado, let’s check out some of these Korean power couples who continue to amaze fans with their strong presence and love for each other.

4. Ji Sung

Ji Sung, renowned for his performances in Kill Me, Heal Me and Doctor John, married actress Lee Bo Young in 2013. The couple met on the set of the drama Save the Last Dance for Me in 2004 and dated for several years before tying the knot. Their enduring relationship is admired by many, and they continue to be one of the most beloved couples in the Korean entertainment world. 

https://www.instagram.com/p/CxrLik_tIXg/?utm_source=ig_embed&ig_rid=c462c5a2-3eb3-485e-aaf5-0acce79ef91b

source : Pinkvilla