Jo Jung Suk 조정석 - Upcoming Drama 2024: Sejak, The Enchanted

mintea18

loving the last 2 eps of JI. Lots of JJS' scenes (with GHJ of course :P ) 

I agree JJS wearing glasses really gives off a diff vibe ~~ and again, him wearing glasses in the last ep vs him wearing glasses in YOF also gives off diff feeling~ He looks like a cool and mature man in JI and looks very boyish in YOF (which is very similar with him wearing glasses in the flashback in ep 17). But still love the looks of both of them :) I do think the hairstyle plays important part though~ 

I think Jung Sang Hoon was saying something like 'kodobeungi????' (i can't exactly remember the word) when he saw HS putting on his glasses in the last ep. Isn't it what YOF called him when he put his glasses on :w00t:?

Yup! JJS in glasses looks different indeed. 

BTW do you guys feel that the scene where HS and NR in bed is totally strong in its tension? So far I've watched kdrama, the scene in bed or make out scene is usually not really intense. But how come I feel the intense in the beginning of bed scene of ep 18??? Can't breath!!! 

• Like 2

13 hours ago, snowlou said:

loving the last 2 eps of JI. Lots of JJS' scenes (with GHJ of course :P ) 

I agree JJS wearing glasses really gives off a diff vibe ~~ and again, him wearing glasses in the last ep vs him wearing glasses in YOF also gives off diff feeling~ He looks like a cool and mature man in JI and looks very boyish in YOF (which is very similar with him wearing glasses in the flashback in ep 17). But still love the looks of both of them :) I do think the hairstyle plays important part though~ 

I think Jung Sang Hoon was saying something like 'kodobeungi????' (i can't exactly remember the word) when he saw HS putting on his glasses in the last ep. Isn't it what YOF called him when he put his glasses on :w00t:?

Yeah, agree that JJS sporting the cool HS hairstyle and wearing glasses gives off a very different vibe, one that is full of manly charm, confidence in himself and so attractive/sexy!

bALuLyt.jpgRK068zP.jpg  

Yes, Jung Sang Hoon called him by that term "Kkeobeongyi" at the dormitory when HS put on his glasses and JJS also mentioned Kkeobeongyi in his acceptance speech for the Two Star Award at the tvN Festival!  It seems likeJJS with glasses is synonymous with Kkeobeongyi, a cartoon character that wears big glasses :lol:

x6y01Xr.jpg 

• Like 3

17 hours ago, mundaliv said:

Yup! JJS in glasses looks different indeed. 

BTW do you guys feel that the scene where HS and NR in bed is totally strong in its tension? So far I've watched kdrama, the scene in bed or make out scene is usually not really intense. But how come I feel the intense in the beginning of bed scene of ep 18??? Can't breath!!! 

@mundaliv JJS and GHJ are getting on like a house on fire and their close/comfortable "friendship" really shows in their scenes especially those intimate ones. The bed scene is made even more intense with JJS's whispering the answers to NR's non-stop questioning in his sexiest voice. 

Their bed scene is not cringeworthy to watch unlike a lot of k-drama bed scenes and that's because of the hot chemistry these 2 has between them!  Even in their BTS videos, we can see that GHJ is very at ease and playful with JJS and it seems that she's always cracking up when acting those "funny" scenes with JJS.....and can't stop herself from touching him, leaning on him etc. These two are gonna be BFF after the filming of this drama wraps up ^_^

1sAi1u3.gifNq683fo.gif

Cr: @EunBBo1226 on Twitter

Patiently waiting for the BTS clips for their locker room kiss plus the bed scene;)

• Like 2

Every time I watch a new episode of JI I feel like I fall in love with HS all over again. I haven't been this invested/in love with a drama character in a long time.

I miss Hwashin already...

===

JJS's way of unbuttoning his shirt hehehee

J5cOImw.gif

G7b9rVQ.gif

xQvLVkV.gif

SYpnpQI.gif

lF5Jrql.gif

Source: DC

SO intense... I hope they will give us the BTS of this scene too hehee. 

God how can we wait for one more week? I guess I'm just re-watching Ep 18 till Wednesday :cold_sweat:

• Like 2

@kenjo80 yeah, from the BTS, GHJ cannot avoid touching JJS all the time! hahaha. Leaning on his shoulder while laughing. i wonder how gummy reacts watching BTS. hehehe. Really thumbs up for these 2 in the intimate scenes. 

I put JJS in my no 1 fave kdrama actor right now. He got all the vibes required for this drama (JI). In OMG, not so much, he's cute and all, but I don't feel the vibe of him own the stage of OMG. But in JI, it's really his stage and GHJ. 

@mintea18 me too, keep coming back to soompi because very curious with JI and JJS. It will end in 3 weeks! Hope JJS will do another drama in not so long time considering his popularity right now. 

• Like 3

v40tMdA.jpg
Source

JJS will be recognised for his contribution to the Korean popular culture and arts at the upcoming 2016 Korean Popular Culture and Arts Awards to be held on October 27. Other 2016 awardees include Hwang Chi Yeol and BTS. Congratulations, JJS :D  (IU was one of the 2015 Winners for the Prime Minister's Award).  Looking forward to seeing lots of pics of JJS in his tux at the Oct 27 award ceremony!

Let's hope JJS and his co-stars esp his partner in crime, GHJ,will win awards for JI at the 2016 SBS Drama Awards. Fighting, JJS & JI ^_^

3 hours ago, mintea18 said:

Hide contents

qIScM9y.png

:wub:

@mintea18 he looks smokin' HOT in this picture ......that expression, the gaze......weak in the knees already :wub:  He's wearing Schneider!

LOL.....I notice the similarity between the bed scene in ep 17/18 and the tent scene with PBY in OMG ep 11/12...unbuttoning the shirt's buttons is his precursor to a night of passion with his gf :w00t:

• Like 4

So happy for him about the Korean Popular Culture and Arts Awards. 5 more days until the award ceremony. Can't wait!

===

I really like this CF of him. Super cute and handsome :wub:

This is the making of Schneider CF, really nice too :P

• Like 3

Found this article in English, about JJS, the charming actor.......sadly, there's hardly any news in English about JJS.

Actor Jo Jung-suk is a charming man, his co-stars reveal
r9QR5dA.gif

On the popular travel-reality show Youth Over Flowers: Iceland, South Korean actor Jo Jung-suk was the more reserved of the fun travel bunch. He exuded quiet confidence and came across much like a very sensible traveller instead of a cast member on a light-hearted variety show.

That composed demeanour is apparent in an exclusive e-mail interview with the actor. Jo punctuates his response with one-liner answers in the earlier questions before finally warming up in the later ones.

The Seoul native is currently starring in Jealousy Incarnate, a drama series that centres on the cut-throat competition in a broadcast network. Jo plays a star news anchor in the 24-episode offering which also stars A-list hallyu actress Gong Hyo-jin.

When asked what was it about the news broadcasting business that surprises him the most, he matter-of-factly replies: “Since I’m in the TV industry as well, I think it wasn’t really that surprising.”

Although, that hasn’t always been the case. Jo’s breakthrough was in the stage play when he starred in the 2004 staging of The Nutcracker.

He continued to impress audiences with vocal chops and funny dance moves in musicals such as Hedwig And The Angry Inch, Grease and You’re A Good Man, Charlie.

Jo’s screen popularity only started in 2012 in Lee Yoon-joo’s moody romance film Architecture 101. He’s been appearing in a number of movies and drama series since then. But don’t bank on him dismissing his theatre background.

“All the time spent on the stage is so valuable because it’s what that makes me the actor I am today,” the 35-year-old actor reveals. “Even now, acting on the stage is such a precious experience for me and will continue to be in the future as well.”

While his contemporaries found success early on in their careers, Jo chose to hone his acting skills through theatres and musicals instead. But the thespian doesn’t regret the decision.

“I think it’s more suitable for me to say that I did my best in every moment because exerting effort never betrays you,” he offers.

If anything, the Seoul Institute of Arts graduate’s on-screen presence has been moderate at best. That could probably be attributed to the actor’s selective nature when it comes to projects. It’s something that the actor is quick to concede.

“First of all, the storyline has to be something unique and interesting. Rather than the character, I’m drawn to the plot first,” Jo reveals.

Last year’s drama Oh My Ghostess for instance, revolves around a female ghost who intends to lose her virginity before embarking into the afterlife. Its quirky plot and witty dialogue aside, that particular series managed to show off Jo’s leading man capabilities.

NOw8Iz7.gif

The actor charmed female viewers with his brooding persona. But then again, Jo’s romantic side is a well-known trait to girlfriend singer Gummy.  The popular vocalist – who contributed to the soundtrack of K-dramas such as Descendants Of The Sun and That Winter The Wind Blows – once revealed in an interview that Jo has the ability to make her feel infinitely loved and pampered. On the professional side, his female co-stars have also spoken fondly of Jo’s charms and work ethics.

Ultimately, it’s his professional conduct that has made Jo the prolific actor he is today. Responsibility, according to the man, is something that one learns to pick up from show business.

“If you’re an actor, you get to live another person’s life. Well, of course it’s an imaginary person. But I think it’s very important for an actor to show this imaginary person as if he’s a real figure to the audience.

“That’s where the responsibility comes from. I believe responsibility really changes and develops lots of things in my life,” he concludes.

Source

• Like 2

I think I'm hoping that the movie "Hyung" won't have any sort of love line/love triangle. I think I'll be happy for the story to just focus on the brothers and not on the romantic side of things:lol:

JI preview for this Wednesday is looking good for HS :) Ah...two more days to go~~

12 hours ago, mintea18 said:

"My annoying brother" trailers with Engsub ^_^

(Seems like his character is totally a jerk haha. A completely different role compared to his previous role in Time Renegades) 

Oh my, from the trailer, JJS really comes off as an annoying brother to D.O.!  Am sure he will be able to pull off the jerk character in his own JJS-way..........can't wait.

5 hours ago, snowlou said:

I think I'm hoping that the movie "Hyung" won't have any sort of love line/love triangle. I think I'll be happy for the story to just focus on the brothers and not on the romantic side of things:lol:

JI preview for this Wednesday is looking good for HS :) Ah...two more days to go~~

@snowlou - haha, only GHJ/Nari for JJS or do you find PSH too young for JJS?  The main focus of the movie will definitely be the brothers' relationship with PSH as the "catalyst" for them (JJS/DO).....maybe, a hint of romance but not a major part of the movie ;)

Yeah, after 18 hours of "torturing" HS and making him the nappeun namja, it is time for the show and NR to shower HS with more love and affection.  Give the man a hug, NR-ah!  36 hours more to go.......

xhbF6pK.gifmjmMPec.gif

pJZWkKs.gif

• Like 1

@kenjo80 you know me very well chingu :D Yes..PSH is too young for JJS (for me :phew:) I mean..sure for PSH and DO..why not :P 

From the trailer, it does look like the movie will be focusing on the relationship between JJS and DO... is JJS even DO's real brother in the movie? since he's a scammer..so it might he's not actually his real brother??