[Drama 2012] Golden Time 골든타임

Guest Eja

• Replies 255
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest GodOfSpeed

Heli part was awesome. And just wondering anyone knows how many Korean Dramas have a helicopter scene like this? Epic landing on the school as well, nice music that blend in together with the scene. ;)

class="ks_article_title"'Golden Time' Ends With a Cliffhanger, 2nd Season?Golden Time

The MBC drama 'Golden Time' ended with the chances of a 2nd season.

In the last episode of 'Golden Time' that aired on the 25th of September, Choi In Hyuk (played by Lee Sung Min) and Lee Min Woo (played by Lee Sun Gyun) transferred a patient with a helicopter. However, there were many twists and turns. Getting a surgery room was difficult and since it was the first time transferring a patient with a helicopter to the hospital, communication was difficult as well.

After arriving at the hospital, Choi In Hyuk and Lee Min Woo entered the surgery room. After the peak in the surgery passed, Choi In Hyuk commanded Lee Min Woo to go to a surgical interview. Lee Min Woo hesitated but exited the surgery room.

However, they rejected him saying that he should try a different specialization. Choi In Hyuk hears about Lee Min Woo's rejection.

Choi In Hyuk said to Lee Min Woo, "Go to a hospital in Seoul." Lee Min Woo hesitated. He said that he wanted to stay at this hospital. However, Choi In Hyuk said that he needed more experience. He stated, "If you think of me as a role model, throw that idea away." When asked why, he Choi In Hyuk replied, "If the role model fails, then the followers can lose their ways as well."

In the end, Lee Min Woo decides to move to Seoul. Choi In Hyuk looked disappointed that he was leaving. The grandfather, Kang Dae Je (played by Jang Yong) regained consciousness, and Kang Jae In (played by Hwang Jung Eum), who returned as an intern, shared with him that Lee Min Woo was leaving. Kang Jae In also decided to move to Seoul.

Lee Min Woo promised, "I will return," as he said goodbye to Choi In Hyuk. The last promise that Lee Min Woo makes foreshadows the possibility of a 2nd season.

The staff of 'Golden Time' are currently discussing the possibility of a 2nd season.

Source

No wonder I was upset with the ending ... it did not feel like an ending at all. I do hope there is a season 2 ... i enjoyed this drama despite the lack of romance between the LMW and KDJ ... not even a date!!!!! OMG! LOL .... If there is a 2nd season, it must be at Busan so CIH and the nurse are still part of the drama. Maybe we will have some romance between LMW and KDJ ... also with CIH and the nurse (since she broke up with her fiancee) in the second season.

It does not really have to be a romantic relationship but i still felt that a few things felt unexplored and wasted. The mentor-mentee relationship, the undeniable love between the Prof Choi and the nurse which seemed more like admiration for how they do their profession than a love story between a man and a woman (if you understand what i mean), Min Woo´s back story, his relationship with Jae in which was a few times hinted at but never really explored, the impact of being a doctor on their private life..... . I do not expect this to be some korean version of Grey´s Anatomy (meh), i think the slice of life part and the focus on a doctor´s physical, psychological and ethical problems with his profession was really nice but they still could have put the things above into the story without losing the main focus.

Guest GodOfSpeed

I hope there's a 2nd season, where Min Woo comes back as a great doctor from Seoul. It looks like the director wants it that way....no way this drama is ending with no love relationships!

one thing that perplexed me about  the ending was how the engagement of the nurse was broken and how she preferred to be  more of service to the hospital. i used to be like her.  i used to work in a firm which was literally my whole life.  i wake up to eat breakfast then work till late at night then go back for some rest then repeat the entire cycle again.  i had no life, no friends outside of work, i  am too tired to enjoy tv ,[ the nurse here is presumed to be in her 40sor nearing 40, i'd say she has paid her dues, lived that, gone thru so much, done that.  i think it was masochistic of her to  cut her ties with her fiance and preferred  current life.  i think she deserves a break and need to live a more normal life. 

• 1 year later...
Guest twinkletwinklefan

Hello to those that speak Korean, due to I'm Chinese and do not understand Korean, I have no clue what they talking about.
Can you please help me translate this 5 minutes Youtube video link, Healing Camp interview of actor Lee Sung Min. He is the actor in MBC "Golden Times"
He is such a great actor!

이성민힐링캠프#14

Youtube at 2:55 is that his wife and daughter picture? OMG, His daughter so adorable! :x

• 4 weeks later...

Currently watching Golden Time.
Just Ep 1 and LSK is already captivating me.  How he can shine so well in whatever role he plays is a mystery...

By the time he acting in GT, his 1st son would have been 3 years old / 4 by Korean calculation. He must be a caring and wonderful dad. See how he carry the boy and occasionally bounced him on his waist... that is a perfect scene indeed.
He is hesitating at the accident site yet another side of him shows him observing and caring in his own ways. His hesitation is being a doctor.  Adorable as he is...hoping like all of you...there will be season 2.

• 9 months later...

This is the first time I see Lee Sung Min in such heavyweight role. He has always been playing silly or shallow characters like the one in Brain.  It's amazing. He saved the show.  
On the other hand, the supporting cast playing characters in the various medical units had ruined the show. Their portrayals made the medical profession looked silly and unprofessional.
Not having a romance in the storyline is risky but I did enjoy the mentor relationship between the trauma unit chief and his underlings. It's a relief the writer didn't create a chief with God-like aura or invincible skills.

Archived