[Drama 2012] Bridal Mask 각시탈

ecs707a

Guest -quiescent

Watched episode 2 subbed on Viki (thank you again!!!) and I don't know why but I found it having a bigger impact on me than episode 1 (in a good way) - the music cue got a lot better, the jail/escape scene was AMAZING and the acting consistent! I prefer ep 2 than ep 1 for some strange reason o.O

It's fair to say I LOVE THIS DRAMA!!! Cannot wait for episode 3 next week kyahhh

Bridal Mask <3 or should I say 'GAKSITALLLLLLLLLLLLL!!!!!!!'

• Replies 9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest butwal

I am not the type to watch action dramas and this is the first action drama I have watched since I first started watching kdrama in 2006 and the main reason is Joo Won and I must say even if JW was not in this drama I would have liked it. This drama is certainly interesting to watch and all the action packs are amazing and the acting is top notch. I can't wait for next episode. Even watching it without subtitle can make your jaw drop!!

Guest jordi

FULL RATINGS

1st episode

AGB

Nationwide: 12,7%

Seoul: 13,3%

TNS

Nationwide: 12,6%

Seoul: 12,8%

SBS Ghost - AGB: 7,6% / 8,6% ; TNS: 10,7% / 13,4%

MBC I do i do - AGB: 10,5% / 12,4% ; TNS: 8,2% / 9,5%

2nd episode

AGB

Nationwide: 12,4% (-0,3%)

Seoul: 12,9% (-0,4%)

TNS

Natoinwide: 12,4% (-0,2%)

Seoul: 13,3% (+0,5%)

SBS Ghost - AGB: 8,9% / 9,9% ; TNS: 12,1% / 14,5%

MBC I do i do - AGB: 10,8% / 12,0% ; TNS: 8,0% / 9,6%

NOTE: Previous two posts have bad links ...

I haven't used the new SOOMPI till now...

Damn... I hate not being able to edit posts... :)

((( Episodes 01)))

"Bridal Mask (2012) Softsubs"

Subtitles brought to you by:...

~ "The Bridal Mask Team" ~

The softsubs are synced as labeled.

The softsubs are in the MediaFire folder on file host...

Bridal Mask (2012) SS

http://www.mediafire.com/?zadjg3td84twa

The individual MU links for the softsubs...

KBS2.Bridal.Mask.E01.H264.720p-HANrel.EN.srt

mediafire.com/?f6juod7apyxpfi2

Guest donghaelover11

I really enjoy this drama. I really wonder how the bromance is going to go. Seems like everyone is against each other and they don't know it. I hope Kang To finds out before he ends up killing his own brother. I really can't wait till Kang To takes over the role as gaksital!

Guest pianogirl591

omg this show is I.N.T.E.N.S.E! such a good contrast to the lighthearted "I do I do" (which I am also loving!) Together they make my Wed/Thru nights complete :)

Woah...episode 2 is well packed, the romance is starting too..

But i notice that they use the substitute for bridal mask in the action fight for this episode. I can see from the mouth. In epi 1 gaksital rarely open his mouth even in the fight scene, but in this eps he mostly did it.

And i think kangsan is the one who gave the knife to mokdan

Can't wait to see next episode, fr the preview mogdan is hiding in the closet.

Guest Burrough

Woah...episode 2 is well packed, the romance is starting too..

But i notice that they use the substitute for bridal mask in the action fight for this episode. I can see from the mouth. In epi 1 gaksital rarely open his mouth even in the fight scene, but in this eps he mostly did it.

And i think kangsan is the one who gave the knife to mokdan

Can't wait to see next episode, fr the preview mogdan is hiding in the closet.

Marchy.

I also think it was Kang San who gave the knife.

I noticed the nose on the "Young Master" who gave the knife in the flashback.

I think that was deliberate casting

... to have a kid with a nose similar to the distinctive Shin Hyun Joon nose.

Marchy.

I also think it was Kang San who gave the knife.

I noticed the nose on the "Young Master" who gave the knife in the flashback.

I think that was deliberate casting

... to have a kid with a nose similar to the distinctive Shin Hyun Joon nose.

We haven't seen this scene yet in the drama but from the long preview, Kang-to ask Mok-dan why she came "here" (the inn where she was arrested I guess) and she says she came to get the knife back, and you can hear Kang-to think to himself: why do you have this, I gave it to Boon (Mok-dan's real name). I think Kang-to is the one who gave Mok-dan the knife.

And I was curious why Mok-dan called the boy in her flashbak "young master" (which is reserved for boys from rich family) and Kang-to is poor, but when Kimura Taro was talking to the doctor with round glasses he told him the judge had made sure that Kang-san and Kang-to's father was dead and all his family and servants (which means that Kang-to's family was rich at some point.. And it explains why Kang-to and Mok-dan were running from those men when they were young. She might have been a servant at his house and her father was Kang-to's father's pupil in martial arts (that's why he came to pay his respects on the day of his memorial). At least that's what I've understood, but I might be wrong.

Am I the only one who can't watch it on viki? The first one works but the episode 2 it says it can't find the video.. But then it works on my iPhone. Does anybody know what might be the problem?

Just try again, it was buggy today. The videos won't reload and it took forever to make changes. Drove us all nuts. It's working again.

I don't about you guys but I am used to rom com. Kang To has no problems with police violence huh? I know in any police force in other parts of the world, violence was acceptable back then. Well, it would be interesting once he realises she is Bong Yi. Yes, just torture and hit the answer out from her

What is this Koshikai, the right wing group? I am not up to speed with the Japanese Occupation of Korea. For those of you who watched Capital Scandal... any idea?

8-|

What is this Koshikai, the right wing group? I am not up to speed with the Japanese Occupation of Korea. For those of you who watched Capital Scandal... any idea?

8-|

If you read Dramabeans recap of the first episode, They explain a ittle what's the context of the Japanese occupation of Korea.

http://www.dramabeans.com/2012/05/gaksital-bridal-mask-episode-1/

We haven't seen this scene yet in the drama but from the long preview, Kang-to ask Mok-dan why she came "here" (the inn where she was arrested I guess) and she says she came to get the knife back, and you can hear Kang-to think to himself: why do you have this, I gave it to Boon (Mok-dan's real name). I think Kang-to is the one who gave Mok-dan the knife.

And I was curious why Mok-dan called the boy in her flashbak "young master" (which is reserved for boys from rich family) and Kang-to is poor, but when Kimura Taro was talking to the doctor with round glasses he told him the judge had made sure that Kang-san and Kang-to's father was dead and all his family and servants (which means that Kang-to's family was rich at some point.. And it explains why Kang-to and Mok-dan were running from those men when they were young. She might have been a servant at his house and her father was Kang-to's father's pupil in martial arts (that's why he came to pay his respects on the day of his memorial). At least that's what I've understood, but I might be wrong.

But if kangto knew her already i wonder why he still torture her badly, i mean in the prison he seems not disturb by the knife existance. Meanwhile kangsan always help her fr the chasing. And fr the last scene it showed that he slightly touch her finger and the camera zoom it, as if telling the connection between them.

This is just my 2 cents, i might be wrong too since this is only 2 episodes:)

Guest cococrust

ep 1 c-sub

pt 1

http://www.sendspace.com/file/rn7nhe

pt 2

http://www.sendspace.com/file/qjtzp0

ep 2 c-sub

http://www.sendspace.com/file/ju2p5a

Guest joinsung4ever

Love the 2 first episodes.

BTW, this drama reminds me of CAPITAL SCANDAL of Kang Ji Hwan. Love CP and hopely this one too..

Thank kennedy 21

Could the thread starter attach this site which is carrying out live recaps.

soulsrebel.wordpress.com/

If you want the character descriptions as well? It's from the kbs site but translated by some of us. It drove me nuts trying to sort it out. Konno alone had a vague description. I've got everyone right? Never saw so many characters in any dramas before not even in sageuks.

Lee Family

Lee Kang To 이강토 ( Joo Won 주원) - Lieutenant in the Imperial Police Force

Lee Kang San 이강산 ( Sin Hyeon Joon 신현준)- Kang To's older brother

Han Ssi 한씨( Song Ok Seok 송옥숙) Kang To's mother

Lee Seon 이선 ( Lee Il Jae 이일재)- Kang To's father

Kimura Family

Kimura Shunji ( Park Gl Woong )- Nam San Elementary school teacher

Kimura Taro 타로 ( Cheon Ho Jin 천호진 )- Chief of Police ( also Shunji & Kenji's father), Jong Ro Police Station

Kimura Kenji ( Park Joo Hyeong 박주형 )- Shunji's brother

Dam Family

Mok Dan 목단 ( Jin Se Yeon 진세연 )- Circus member, 변검술사 - Bong Yi or Esther

Dam Sa Rl- 담사리 (Jeon No Min 전노민)- Mok Dan's father & freedom fighter

Police

Konno Koji 콘노 고지 ( Kim Eung Soo김응수 ) - Chief of Police, Joseon Governor District Office or Japanese Government General of Joseon.

Abe Shinji 아베 신지 ( Yoon Bong Gil윤봉길 ) - Kang To's subordinate

Goiso Tadanobu 고이소 타다노부 ( Yoon Jin Ho윤진호 ) - Kenji's subordinate

The Joseon characters

Baek Geon 백건 (Jeon Hyeon 전현)- Lee Seon's subordinate

Bak In Sam 박인삼 ( Kim Tae Yeong 김태영 )- Kyeong Seong Ilbo newspaper owner

Minami Tamao 미나미 타마오 ( Choe Dae Hoon최대훈 )- Movie Director's pseudonym

(real name is 이해석 Lee Hae Seok )

Lee Hwa Gyeong 이화경 ( Kim Jeong Nan 김정난 )- Lee Si Yong (royalty)'s second wife

Lee Si Yong 이시용 ( Ahn Seok Hwan 안석환 )- royalty, 중추원 참의 Count Lee Si Yong

Jo Yeung Geun- Cho Il Bank 조일은행 , Koshikai member, Kyeong Seong Branch

The Circus Family

Jo Dan Jang 단장 ( Son Byeong Ho 손병호 )- Leader Jo, circus leader

Oh Dong Nyeon 오동년 ( Lee Kyeong Sil이경실 )- circus member

Sin Nan Da 신난다 ( Lee Byeong Joon이병준 )- circus member

Seon Hwa 선화 ( Son Yeo Woon 손여운 )- circus member

Jye Soon 계순 ( Seo Yoon Ah )- circus member

Japanese

Jae Hyong Joo/ Ueno Rie 채홍주 ( Han Chae Ak 한채아 ), singer

Ueno Hideki 히데키 ( Jeon Gook Han전국환 )- Hong Joo's adopted father

Kachuyami Jun 카츠야미 준 ( Ahn Hyeong Joon 안형준 )- Hong Joo's bodyguard

Angel Club

Tasa 타샤 ( Ji Seo Yoon 지서윤 )- Madam & Manager of Club Angel

Bong Sil Jang 봉실장 ( Baek Jae Jln백재진 )- in charge of running Club Angel

Merl 메리 ( Jang Joon Yoo장준유 )- dancer girl at Club Angel

No Sang Yeob 노상엽 ( Lee Jae Won이재원 )- waiter at Club Angel

Kishokai 키쇼카이 경성지부 Kyeong Seong Branch ??

Choe Myeong Seob 최명섭 ( Gwon Tae Won권태원 )- Judge

Woo Byeong Joon 우병준 ( Kim Kyoo Cheol김규철 )- Hospital Director

Koshikai members

Tasha or Tasa

Choe Myeong Seob

Lee Si Young

Jo Yeung Geun

Baek In Sam

This is by melare if you want it in this format.

i1137.photobucket.com/albums/n520/ck1Oz/user_561054_user_561054_1338547780Gaksital_Character_List.png

Guest emis

NOTE: Previous two posts have bad links ...

I haven't used the new SOOMPI till now...

Damn... I hate not being able to edit posts... :)

((( Episodes 01)))

"Bridal Mask (2012) Softsubs"

Subtitles brought to you by:...

~ "The Bridal Mask Team" ~

The softsubs are synced as labeled.

The softsubs are in the MediaFire folder on file host...

Bridal Mask (2012) SS

http://www.mediafire.com/?zadjg3td84twa

The individual MU links for the softsubs...

KBS2.Bridal.Mask.E01.H264.720p-HANrel.EN.srt

mediafire.com/?f6juod7apyxpfi2

I can't download the subs :(

Can you upload again please.

Guest -quiescent

Some pictures from the last two episodes posted on the BD KBS website.

real02_12.jpg

real02_10.jpg

real02_11.jpg

real02_09.jpg

real03_01.jpg

real03_02.jpg

real03_07.jpg

real03_05.jpg

real03_06.jpg

real03_08.jpg

tumblr_m4xprkKDAd1rqgnw4o1_250.giftumblr_m4xprkKDAd1rqgnw4o2_250.gif

tumblr_m4xprkKDAd1rqgnw4o5_r1_250.giftumblr_m4xprkKDAd1rqgnw4o6_r1_250.gif

tumblr_m4xprkKDAd1rqgnw4o9_r1_250.giftumblr_m4xprkKDAd1rqgnw4o8_r1_250.gif

tumblr_m4xprkKDAd1rqgnw4o7_r1_250.giftumblr_m4xprkKDAd1rqgnw4o10_r1_250.gif

credit: sorensenii @ tumblr

Guest -quiescent

I quickly made some lousy banners, I'll make more later. I hope soompi fixes the signature settings and stuff! ):

bdtext.pngbddd.png

l.pngyo-1.png

P.S if you're wondering, it seems like Soompi Signatures have changed into HTML ): so to insert an image on your siggie it's yourimage.jpg

It goes both ways doesn't it? I mean it's not just Kang-to that didn't recognize her but she didn't recognize him too. And if it was Kang-san wouldn't he had recognize her too? I think it's safe to say that since it's been so long they probably don't know what each other looks like anymore.

Although, I still think Kang-to is the little boy just because of that scene in the long preview but I'm not going to deny that there's something going on between Kang-san and Mok Dan too. I just hope Kang-san ends up not liking her because I don't know if I can handle a discourse between ALL three of them (Shunji, Kang-to, and Kang-san). =(

Thanks for the character list, ck1Oz! I'll add it to the first post.

I hope you're right

I believe the knife plays significant role in it, I hope they reveal the young master soon, this is to minimize the complicated lovelines later. I can't stand if Mokdan already develope a feeling to Kangsan because he is gaksital but later she found it the young master is Kangto..., and to make it more complicated shunji also falls hard for her...., this will be so heartbroken, torn not only between brothers but also best friend.

And why i have a feeling that Kangsan will not stay long as gaksital, my prediction is later something bad might happen to him and Kangto will replace him and continue the revenge.

I really enjoy wed-tuesday drama, so many good dramas...:)

Archived