[Drama 2012] Bridal Mask 각시탈

ecs707a

• Replies 9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oh thank you for clarifying.

I re read the synopsis and yeah, the second lead is han chae ah, who take japanese identity to take revenge.

Looking by the preview mogdan will be tortured by kangto, wonder how the loveline will develop with such a strong hate since beginning.

I haven't seen the first episode yet, but from what I understood from the preview, Kang-to and Mok-dan knew each other when they were young (the scene when she shows him a knife and he thinks : how do you have that) and Mok-dan got saved by Gaksital (who is Kang-to's older brother) so she's in love with Gaksital (which is going to be Kang-to eventually) .. I might be wrong but that's what I think.

Guest butwal

Bridal Mask Episode 1 with English subs now available on Viki

What a great subbing team they have! That was quick!

Link: http://www.viki.com/channels/4803-doll-mask/videos

wow that was really quick and its 99% subbed already..unfortunately its not available in my region!! Any idea where I can watch it in english sub?? May be I have to wait until mysoju.com put the link!!

I have already watched it without sub not even knowing a single word cuz I am a big fan of Joo Won..Hopefully by tomorrow it will be available in mysoju.. Gaksital and Joo Won Fighting!!

Guest Kdramaftw9

Out of the three new Wed/Thur Drama, this one caught my eye. After watching the first episode, the actors and actresses performed an amazing job. The plot is nothing new in the kdrama world, where our hero is a mean/guy at first, trying to obey the law and do the right thing, but will soon realize doing the right thing does not necessarily means it is a good thing. I can't wait for our hero transformation from the 'obey the law' guy to 'screw the law' guy. Hopefully, the pd doesn't disappoint me with the romance part. Usually, when its a drama about the crime fighting, the romance is usually low. I love that the drama is making our lead actress a richard simmons-kicking hero, instead of the usual girly/whiny/always crying female lead. The first episode was great, hopefully it gets better. Can't wait for episode 2.

wow that was really quick and its 99% subbed already..unfortunately its not available in my region!! Any idea where I can watch it in english sub?? May be I have to wait until mysoju.com put the link!!

I have already watched it without sub not even knowing a single word cuz I am a big fan of Joo Won..Hopefully by tomorrow it will be available in mysoju.. Gaksital and Joo Won Fighting!!

Try to use this: http://ultrasurf.us/

Guest -quiescent

lyra_brillantez - I totally agree Hyunjoon was brilliant, his acting was top notch and convincing.

Woooo BD came out on top, close call! Hope the ratings continue to rise ^.~

Loved the first episode! Kept me watching all the way thru and now I'm really curious about ep. 2. Nice to see Shin Hyun Joo again, since my friend and I saw him in Dummy Mommy.

After watching the first episode, I, too, wonder how the OTP is going to get around to liking each other. We can already see that Kang-to isn't really happy about his job, he does it for his family mostly and I guess he's not currupt like the father-son policemen pair. I can see how he could do a turn around and jump ship to the other side, but even then, it's gonna take a lot of time for Mok-dan to love him, no?

I love Kang-san, he love his brother so much and it must break his heart having to fight with is dongsaeng for what he believes in. Joo-won and Hyun-joon are so awesome together!

After watching first episode.. i gotta say the action was done wonderfully and the directing is good.

Acting wise i feel that Joo Won is a bit on the over-acting side but he's great with scenes related to his family. Shin Hyun Joon is brilliant, Jin Se Yeon and Park Ki Woong are doing well for their own characters. The music so far... i don't find it outstanding but it's not bad either. I just feel that if the director put in more effort on the music selection, the whole drama will be a great one in terms of the feeling it gives.

I wasn't disappointed with first episode, it was within my expectations but i gotta give credit on the action scenes. It's well-done and i wasn't expecting Mok Dan to be this kickass, usually female lead's actions aren't emphasized so they lack power most of the time. I'm just surprised how Kang To really pulled Mok-Dan hair and quite mean in terms of action even though it was needed by his character. Their relationship have so much hate, i'm just intrigued by this dynamic. I've seen the most bitter dynamic was all bickering couples but this one is really the hate-couple. Yay for a kicking richard simmons female lead and i hope that she continues to kickass.

The thing lacking from this drama is that the emotions have yet to kick in even with emotional scenes of the brotherhood. I'm looking for it to move me because i wasn't expecting to be moved by first episode anyway. 1st episode just serves a purpose for introduction of the characters and setting.

I find the bromance of Joo Won and Park Ki Woong really cute especially the sleep-over scene. Hahaha..

I feel like because currently the main OTP don't have loving scenes yet, this bromance is taking over and winning my heart.

Hopefully, the main OTP have more loving scenes in replace of hating scenes in the future. I know that romance isn't the main focus of this drama but what's a Kdrama without romance right??

LOL i just realized that soompi filtered the word a-s-s with RichardSimons, i was like who the heck is this guy when i saw his name pop out in a few posts from this thread. I hope soompi get the editing function fixed as soon as possible. I wanna edit my post

Guest ParkSun*

Wow wasn't expecting much from this when I read Joo Won was gonna be a hero. But first episode definitely was not expecting that twist.in his character

Guest Starlitelet

Wow wasn't expecting much from this when I read Joo Won was gonna be a hero. But first episode definitely was not expecting that twist.in his character

Hi ParkSun* ^^!

I also thought that Shin Hyun Joon would be the hero of the drama. I'm quite surprised it's Joo Won. I wonder how he'll go from malevolent to benevolent. I'd love to see the transition in such a protagonist like him. That will definitely be a first in Korean dramas. He'd be one of the few non cookie-cutter characters.

Nonetheless, I must admit that I'm not a huge fan of slow motion action, especially in Korean dramas. It's a total cheese fest or rather a distraction. Quite embarrassing how they try to be so cool, like when the main female or the bridal mask comes into play. Eekk! I thought there were too many unrealistic and unnecessary fighting sequences.

Overall, I loved the environment and the feel to the year (very much like that in Capital Scandal). However, I extremely disliked the action sequences, and the story felt all over the place. In all honesty, I don't even know what to expect from this drama because I went into it blindly, and I can't even reassure myself what type of drama this will lead to. Anyway, I'm looking forward to the next episode, but let's just say that it hasn't fully grabbed my attention (yet).

Guest Starlitelet

I must also add that the music is just over the top nonsensical. It doesn't match with the scenes. Please tone it down!

Guest Starlitelet

I'm sorry to post like 3 times, but I don't know how to edit my post!

So who's the guy in the mask? I kept thinking it was the main guy's brother. I thought his brother only pretends to be mentally unstable, but in reality he's the reincarnation of Iljimae with a different disguise. Then again, after reading the summary... I don't know what to think no more. Also, judging from the mask-wearer... it does look like the main guy's brother. Aishhh...

Oh wow, I didn’t know what to expect with Joo Won in an action role…I was thinking I was going to get a City-Hunter’s-Lee-Min-Ho-‘in his first action role’-feeling (which I wasn’t impress), but this is much better, IMO.

The introduction to the characters and relationships was good in the first episode so far, especially the bromance and of course I’m always ALL for girl power—>Mok Dan.

I have a feeling Kang To’s older brother is somehow going to die saving him, therefore revealing that he’s bridal mask.

I love peroid/historical pieces, so I'm up for more-except Joo Won hairstyle is questionable, but love how they built the sets.

Guest Starlitelet

Oh wow, I didn’t know what to expect with Joo Won in an action role…I was thinking I was going to get a City-Hunter’s-Lee-Min-Ho-‘in his first action role’-feeling (which I wasn’t impress), but this is much better, IMO.

The introduction to the characters and relationships was good in the first episode so far, especially the bromance and of course I’m always ALL for girl power—>Mok Dan.

I have a feeling Kang To’s older brother is somehow going to die saving him, therefore revealing that he’s bridal mask.

I love peroid/historical pieces, so I'm up for more-except Joo Won hairstyle is questionable, but love how they built the sets.

Hey pher ^^!

Haha - I agree that Joo Won's hairstyle is questionable. Me no liking it.

And yes, I didn't enjoy Lee Min Ho in City Hunter either... I guess I'm in the minority for that.

I really liked 1st episode, great actors, and the fight scenes are pretty cool.

I'm so waiting for Kangto to become Gaksital and start kicking bad guys asses. I'm guessing they're gonna betray him or something like that adn if they kill his brother... they're going to met an angrier Kangto.

I just love JooWon :3 and the way he can portray diferent sides of a same character.

Archived