[Drama 2012] Bridal Mask 각시탈

ecs707a

i am positive his brother is the guy in the mask!!! a gut feeling?... anyways... all i can say is that i'm highly impressed with this drama right now and looking forward to more of it!

i dearly loved Capital Scandal, so i think i will enjoy this one too!

of course, awesome female lead is what i always love best! Mok Dan kicked some butts in episode 1, so i'm looking forward to her kicking his butt too for slapping her!!!

• Replies 9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The signs and clues are pointing to Kang San as the original Gaksital, most noticeably the resemblance, but I agree that Kang To will soon take over the role....and unfortunately the shift will be due to something traumatic. :(

I think Mok Dan is going to fall for the original bridal mask not knowing who he is really is (he’s always saving her), but when Kang To takes over the role, she will think that it was him all along.

Just speculating.......

Hi back to Starlitelet! Lets hope the show gets better!!

Bridal Mask - Episode 01 Eng Sub from Viki

Can you please stop that. If you had bothered to even ask us I would have told you that the team is releasing the subs. Considering the fact I've only finished final editing about 1hr ago. AND made several changes.

We have a very strong subbing team for Bride Mask with subbers from Rooftop Prince, K2H and FOTG. You do realize that once you put the srt subs out, it goes all over the Internet. The Bride Mask Team will be releasing quality edited subs. I am actually really upset that this has happened during ep 1 already. Fast subs doesn't mean the best subs. If it's not your own work don't do it without permission. And no it doesn't matter if it's credited to viki. What is the point of us making sure the subs are accurate and complete if people post it before it's DONE.

I don't see WHY you had to rip it.Haven't you seen subs being released by the teams before. This is only ep 1 of a 24 episode drama. Please don't make me report it to the mod and take your post down.

Viewers, please support the Bridal Mask Team. Thank you.

regards,

The Bridal Mask Team

Hi everyone !

Hello my dear ck chingu - it's been a long time since we last bump into each other and btw, thanks a lot to The BRIDAL MASK TEAM @ viki for the speedy work. Great Job!

Planning to watch this awesome drama later and here's sharing a belated article posted at mVibo site :

Joo Won in New Drama, "Bridal Mask"각시탈

052512_news2.jpg

Joo Won and Shin Hyun-joon will play roles of two brothers on the new Wednesday and Thursday drama, "Bridal Mask." Actor Shin Hyun-joon revealed, "When we first met three months ago, I thought that younger brother Joo Won and I were very different from each other. As time passed by, I saw brother Joo Won always try his best for filming and realized that I want to keep encouraging him. Moreover, we got closer to each other day by day filming together. 'Bridal Mask' is a story about a hero, not only about hero's love for a girl but also his love for his family, especially for his elder brother. To Kang-to (Joo Won), Kang-san is a big brother and a father at the same time. I think the story will move all viewers for the sad story about a nameless hero who gives up love and chooses revenge for his family."

Meanwhile, "Bridal Mask" is based on the famous comic of Heo Young-man, telling the story about a nameless hero who always wears a bridal mask to fight against the Japanese to get revenge for his family. He and a girl named Mok-dan will have a deep passion love but he has to give up on her in order to protect her.

Source of news and picture : mVibo

Guest latelatte

peeps! bridal mask episode 2 preview is out!!! http://www.vingle.net/posts/14800-Bridal-Mask-Gaksital-Episode-2-Preview

I´m with Starlitelet here, the first episode hasn´t really convinced me. The main guys acting is way over the top (my opinion is that Joo Won is too inexperienced too fill out such a role but i guess a pretty face helps), the action scenes were laughable and the story was too chaotic. What i liked though was the setting (1930s under Japan is a hot topic) and the performance of the side characters, especially Hyun Joon and Ok Sook. The female lead was also impressive, not only because of her action scenes. I guess i´ll just have to wait and see how the drama develops.

Wow, the first episode was action packed. There are so many characters. I kept looking away from the TV to see who playing all the characters and then I'd miss reading or seeing something on the scene. "Darnit!! What just happened?" Haha. Had to watch it twice. I did really enjoy Mok Dan's circus act. I was so thoroughly entertained like those kids. :)) :)) Although, I do think it was so action packed that I haven't made an emotional connection with the characters and their situations just yet. Too much happened. I'm glad that we'll get more history in today's episode. I want to care for Lee Kang To and his motives but I'm just not there yet with him. It's one thing saying he lost his father and brother (at least, mentally) to the independence movement but it's another thing seeing it. I didn't read the manhwa but I assume Kang San is faking his condition? I wonder what the reason was for that because Kang To became so wayward without his older brother there to guide him.

Guest latelatte

hi darlings! Bridal Mask Episode 2 Live Recaps are going to be here tonight! http://www.vingle.net/posts/14615

Thank youuu Vingle muacks

Hi everyone !

Hello my dear ck chingu - it's been a long time since we last bump into each other and btw, thanks a lot to The BRIDAL MASK TEAM @ viki for the speedy work. Great Job!

Oh this is the cut with Kang To and Kang San. Man KS was heartbreaking as he was chasing after his brother today. I always get more upset when it is family estrangement vs someone having cancer or something.

Hello how have you been? Haven't seen you in any of the dramas I've watched. Yeah, everyone was either impressed or not with the acting or the characters. However it is 24 episodes long so there is plenty of time to set things in place. Not used to seeing Joo Won being aggressive when I am so used to his aeygo in 1N2D. I am actually bit apprehensive because I don't take Korean action dramas with lots of tragedies well. This show has it written all over the place :-)

Catch you another day. It's been a long day for me and tomorrow is a brand new episode. :x

Guest -quiescent

^ I haven't thanked the Viki staff since I don't have a Viki account but I'd like to say a HUGE HUGE thanks for all the contributors who subbed yesterday's episode! Thank you all!!

About Joowon's acting - each to their own. I'm loving his take as Kangto. He's got such expressive eyes and his voice is brilliant!

I'm not too attached to the characters yet (i never am until halfway through dramas) but it's only the first episode and there's still 23 episodes left lol

I love this drama already but they really need to shape up on their music. It's not really off putting but just a bit uh... Awkward? They need some kick a-s-s OST. After having watched The Princess' Man last year, my expectations of OSTs & the music cue are really high XD

Man, I was right to look forward to this drama. The drama is action packed already, which I love. Surprisingly, my favorite part of the drama so far is Mok Dan. Jin Sae Yeon is so cute (and for once, I'm older than the lead female actress, which seems awkward lol.) I like that Mok Dan can kick richard simmons right along with the men. I've always preferred stories where the woman can pull her own weight. Even if she can't do it physically, then in another way, such as Mishil from Queen Seon Deok. I am tired of seeing the "weak woman who can't do anything but nag" character in media. I don't know whether it's because that particular archetype has been used to death or that I'm tired of seeing that character after having to rescue her in almost every video game I play.

Anyway, can't wait for episode two. I haven't checked out the other Wed/Thurs dramas yet, but this looks like my top one for that time slot (with Ghost being a close second.)

just watched ep 1.. it was very action packed and so much is going on at once! Hard to keep track....

but yeah.. the older brother is very good at acting.. *sighs* in order for JW to become the hero, he's probably going to find out it's his brother all along at his death scene. :(

he's going to be sooo heart broken!! >.<

Guest tikamicizia

the jail scene is nicee. I feel like watching little kang dong won *in a good way.. yes the screaming also disturb me a bit. maybe that's the way an officer should talk? idk... hehe

Guest nileyfan1

That was such a gooodd 1st episode. I'm loving this drama so far. cant wait for the other episodes.

I'm guessing the older brother is the Bridal Mask right?

The signs and clues are pointing to Kang San as the original Gaksital, most noticeably the resemblance, but I agree that Kang To will soon take over the role....and unfortunately the shift will be due to something traumatic. :(

I think Mok Dan is going to fall for the original bridal mask not knowing who he is really is (he’s always saving her), but when Kang To takes over the role, she will think that it was him all along.

Just speculating.......

Hi back to Starlitelet! Lets hope the show gets better!!

That's what I thought too.. And eventually they are going to learn that they are the little boy and girl from long ago, the one who gave Mok-dan the knife.

Archived