Quantcast
ecs707a

[Drama 2012] Bridal Mask 각시탈

I really like the way MD was portrayed in today's episode so kudos to Jin Se Yun, it was the strongest acting I've seen from her since the first 2 episodes, I think a lot of it has to do with the fact she is acting with JW in those scenes and gets inspired by his acting plus the scriptwriting stepped it up, however, after seeing the episode 12 preview I'm afraid it was just a small bright moment from her because it looks like she'll be thoroughly manipulated by Rie and from a daughter of Damsari, who is a leader of the rebels, seems quite naive and reckless, I mean she is someone who has been living under constant danger her whole life and she trusts a secret on that depends lives of so many people to a complete stranger, that is completely incomprehensible for me.

On another note, I would really love to see KT changing into his Gaksital disguise =P~ . Superman, Spiderman, Batman even Iljimae showed us how they do it. I'm so curious at the logistics of it: where does he keep the disguise, how does he find a place to change, where is his horse hiding, how does he comb and style his hair,... :-/ :-?? :-?  PLEASE SHOW DON'T KEEP IT JUST TO MY IMAGINATION IT'S TO WILD BUT STILL NOT SUFFICIENT!!!

From my tumblr ( http://peciitis.tumblr.com/ )tumblr_m6nlzvgd8n1r0td7go1_400.gif tumblr_m6nlzvgd8n1r0td7go2_400.giftumblr_m6nlzvgd8n1r0td7go3_500.jpgtumblr_m6nlzvgd8n1r0td7go4_400.gif tumblr_m6nlzvgd8n1r0td7go5_400.gif
My heart was breaking while I was making that last 4th gif. The way he looks at her is just =((

And more KT/MD:tumblr_m6njvf2Y2H1r0td7go1_250.gif    tumblr_m6njvf2Y2H1r0td7go2_250.gif 
For the rest episode gifs just click on my tumblr link ;)

briseis

said:

I really like the way MD was portrayed in today's episode so kudos to Jin Se Yun, it was the strongest acting I've seen from her since the first 2 episodes, I think a lot of it has to do with the fact she is acting with JW in those scenes and gets inspired by his acting plus the scriptwriting stepped it up, however, after seeing the episode 12 preview I'm afraid it was just a small bright moment from her because it looks like she'll be thoroughly manipulated by Rie and from a daughter of Damsari, who is a leader of the rebels, seems quite naive and reckless, I mean she is someone who has been living under constant danger her whole life and she trusts a secret on that depends lives of so many people to a complete stranger, that is completely incomprehensible for me.

On another note, I would really love to see KT changing into his Gaksital disguise =P~ . Superman, Spiderman, Batman even Iljimae showed us how they do it. I'm so curious at the logistics of it: where does he keep the disguise, how does he find a place to change, where is his horse hiding, how does he comb and style his hair,... :-/ :-?? :-?  PLEASE SHOW DON'T KEEP IT JUST TO MY IMAGINATION IT'S TO WILD BUT STILL NOT SUFFICIENT!!!

^ hi guys, since some of you are great at making graphic and gifs. would you mind making a banner for me? i was waiting for good pics of MD & KT....if you do, will you let me know so I can pm you my information...thanks. :D Or if you could create some general ones that has latest episode's pix of MD & KT I'd be grateful...

@ Starlitelet, MD has very limited screen times due to a lot of activities that are going on and I guess MD is probably there because KT & SJ need more rivalry. She definitely isn't going to lead some strange movements any time soon since her dad is the one. Unless they kill her dad off and she takes over then we would see a different MD. I think she might have that opportunity soon if their mission fail and that SJ & Rie were succeeding in killing her dad.

Also episode 11 has like the most screen times of SJ, KT, and MD ever together. I think the romance side is has begun to develop aside from the other rivalry. I find it ironic that both SJ & Rie are loving KT & MD in a one-sided deal. Yet neither KT & MD have feelings for SJ & Rie.

Episode 11 was subbed as I was watching it and all I had to do was refreshing it. Unfortunately, I will not have the opportunity to do this refreshing deal tomorrow. *tears* I just hope by the time I get home tomorrow all subs are out. That way I don't have to watch it twice. Ha.

-edit-
oh yeah, starlitelet, I remember reading your posts about light and darkness and how each person/character can have a certain shift from being light to dark so quick and take a long time to become from dark to light. I totally agree. Unfortunately for Shunji...he is a very sensitive person.. :( major change for him doesn't seem too hard. The point is that he just doesn't know how to hold/control his feelings and/or some how to work-out his feelings. KT does have the same kind of issue; however, he moved on faster and didn't hold on to things which make him survive better especially with what happened to his ma and brother.

Everyone, thanks so much for keeping this thread so balance especially with the talks. I appreciate all of you for your analysis of MD & Rie. I can't say anything about Rie. LOL. A  whole junk of her time wasn't watched by me. She appeared in episode 3, but I never had time to watch. Thanks for your insights on Rie. She just looks annoying, but is totally so pretty. :D

I just noticed that this series is very dominated by males. The females are just on the sides.

@mojobobo, @Starlitelet - aye aye! 

We worry about the extension and the contradicting news but please oh please writers, don't murder the story! That is all. 

Good point about the mask. Though I loved

City Hunter

with all my heart and soul, my drama selection board was off the charts: it was pure heaven directing, writing, editing, acting and music wise, I couldn't get past the idea that how can they not recognize Yoon-sung? How can they not tell? That is so him and I mean 'drama wise' - to the people inside the drama and not us the viewers since we obviously know who he is. And DUH, the hair. Haha. Even Nana recognized him eventually when he got a good look into his eyes. But in this case, I like the simple touch of changing up Kang-to's hair, it's as if the director is giving us a wink saying 'you can't tell it's him!' Haha. The voice, as mentioned, was a nice touch. Though I doubt if he can ever talk in front of Mokdan/Boon-yi because the hoarse voice only works if you are shouting/screaming and most of the time he only needs to do that with the baddies. So yeah, good luck with that Kang-to. ^^

Since I'm rewatching (AGAIN) the whole series, there's one thing that's been on the back of my mind that I now want to voice out: 

1. Will Kang-to ever wonder how Mok-dan and Gaksital are associated in the first place?

I saw episode 3 again and Kang-to while talking to Shunji is dead convinced that ''something'' is going on between Mokdan and Gaksital for she was saved by him 3 times. As per KBS World's translation: "they have a strong connection". Kang-to needs to ask the right questions here, I mean, he's been after her for a long time and been wondering about that same thought (how Mok-dan and Damsari are connected to Gaksital) but now that

he's

Gaksital, doesn't he ever want to find out? I know that's kind of impossible since Kang-san is dead but... 

I dunno. I'm just curious about that gaping hole. I don't know if it was purposely left out by the writers or we have yet to find that out.. so I pray that there's something in the works there. 

As to why I'm curious: It's because I want to see a petty Kang-to! Imagine the time when Mok-dan knows the truth already and they are slowly but surely getting better with each other, then suddenly they get in to a (lover's) spat and Kang-to being a jealous man-child throws her words: "what are your relations to my brother?" [i know, I think I've gone crazy]

2. Does Kang-san even know Mok-dan = Boon-yi?

I can't tell. In episode 4, when Kang-to was crying at the back of his hyung ranting about his misfortune, I didn't seem to read Kang-san's reaction of whether he knew of Mok-dan's connection to their past. 

And I've believed before that for sure Damsari and Gaksital were working together but as we've seen in the recent episodes, that isn't the case. So, hmmm. Does it really just happen that they are on the same side? And how does Kang-san's father fit in in all of these? He might still be alive! Dun dun dun! Haha! [Now, that last one is a bit farfetched] 

--

@Starlitelet : Yes, most people would get manipulated by Rie but most people would not reveal a crucial strategy of an illegal resistence movement to a person they met the day before, it's not something you would chat with a completely stranger next to the weather. I don't live in a world where I get tortured every second day in a week neither am I under a constant police surveillance because of my connections to a partysan organisation, nevertheless, I don't share the most intimate knowledge of my life with a person I've know for barely 1 day. It's simply not done.

About the thing I'm looking for in MD's character: I find her too idealistic and reckless in a way that is dangerous for others. Don't get me wrong I'm the first to admit that her brashness is one of the things I like most about her but sometimes it's too much. It isn't wrong of her to stand for her ideals even that I admire about her but wouldn't it be better for her and others to find a way that would allow her to fight for them more than 5 minutes before someone kills her? She won't help them by getting herself killed. Plus she has put Lee Young  and Gaksital on a pedestal where they stand untouched by the evils of the world like some unrealistic deities. She sees the world only in black and white colours not even realizing there are many shades of grey. I'm really afraid for her, how she will react after she discovers Kang To's identity. She knows of the many terrible things KT has done and at the same time she doesn't know the worst of it. You know how they say the higher you stand the harder you fall, imagine her reaction after her illusion of the perfect Gaksital and Lee Young will shatter and even more so after she will learn the truth about Kang San's death because I'm sure she will and KT will come clean in front of her, how will she respond to the fact her hero killed his own brother even if inwittingly. I really hope she will be able to cope with it because she is the only person, the only and probably the last beacon of hope KT has right now and will ever have for a happy future, I really wish for him to have someone who will accept him with all his imperfections, flaws and sins as well as with the good in him.

Ep 11 really nailed it...I liked every second of it, and especially KT and MD scenes. They were so good, and man this couple is the best one I have seen. I hope MD will not tell Rie everything, maybe they will get interupted or maybe their plans will change. Its actually stupid of her, but I guess its needed or else she would have gone away with her father and she wont be in the series anymore.

Rie is gorgeous, but she annoys the HLL out of me. That slap was so stupid and B**&y, I just hope she wont try to manipulate MD into hating KT more. I hope R wont find out soon about KT being BM. She will be so clingy man, I can foresee that.

Just one more thing: MORE KANGTO AND MOKDAN PLEASE :D

First post in this thread, first Soompi post in (I think?) two years. *woah* What is this drama doing to me? There's a million things I want to say about this, but for now, I'll limit myself to this:

@briseis:

@Starlitelet : Yes, most people would get manipulated by Rie but most people would not reveal a crucial strategy of an illegal resistence movement to a person they met the day before [...]

[...]She sees the world only in black and white colours not even realizing there are many shades of grey. I'm really afraid for her, how she will react after she discovers Kang To's identity. [...]

It's finally JSY's chance to shine - I have to say her acting was phenomenal in today's episode. It was PERFECT. I'm glad she was able to convey all the emotions clearly - without mixing and thus messing them up.I'm also growing fond of the Kang Dan couple more and more and more. Their chemistry is flawless. How I'd love someone to look the way KT looks at MD - so full of yearning and love and hurt. Those scenes in the torture room and back at the circus were perfectly acted and executed. I felt heartbroken looking at MD, KT, and Shunji, too. Poor guy, sooo much pressure on him. I like Shunji, he's hot (in some scenes at least lol)And BOY Katsuyama did not deserve that slap - I believe it was more out of jealousy than anything else. I like MD's character. She's idealistic, stubborn, and brash. But she stays true to herself and to others -  that is her loyalty does not fade regardless. And hopefully she won't be stupid enough to confide everything in Rie that snake woman.Though it is very difficult to hate a character in this drama - everyone has a reason to be evil, except the boss dude of Kishokai, even Chief Kimura can be sympathized with.MORE MORE MORE MD-KT scenes pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee can't get enough of them

aaaaand: a technical question - is there any way to edit a post after having submitted it? o_O (I just realised that I should have been putting some line breaks etc. in there. That's just hard to read. The above post, I mean. sorry orz)

aaaaand: a technical question - is there any way to edit a post after having submitted it? o_O (I just realised that I should have been putting some line breaks etc. in there. That's just hard to read. The above post, I mean. sorry orz)

How about some light stuff after exhausting our minds over last night's episode.
Credit: Baidu (translated from korean fan)http://tieba.baidu.com/p/1704191176
Comic Strip 1 - Speedpostpic 1: my legs run faster than a bullet but do I still have to deliver this parcel? pic 2: "I am the new Gaksital" "Oh you are?"pic 3: "Wait, is this the thing?" "That?"pic 4: "What is this?"pic 5: "It's not because I specially liked you that I give you this"pic 6: "Aigoo...this is embarassing, better be gone"
Comic Strip 2 - Lee Kang To's Pick Up Line -FAILpic 1: "You have never seen this Oppa dance, not even once?"pic 2: "Will you like to come with me? I'd like to dance with you"pic 3: looks with disdainpic 4: "Are you out of your mind? Just go and sleep"pic 5: " Omiii...this is downright embarassing!

@Starlitelet : Yes, most people would get manipulated by Rie but most people would not reveal a crucial strategy of an illegal resistence movement to a person they met the day before, it's not something you would chat with a completely stranger next to the weather. I don't live in a world where I get tortured every second day in a week neither am I under a constant police surveillance because of my connections to a partysan organisation, nevertheless, I don't share the most intimate knowledge of my life with a person I've know for barely 1 day. It's simply not done.

About the thing I'm looking for in MD's character: I find her too idealistic and reckless in a way that is dangerous for others. Don't get me wrong I'm the first to admit that her brashness is one of the things I like most about her but sometimes it's too much. It isn't wrong of her to stand for her ideals even that I admire about her but wouldn't it be better for her and others to find a way that would allow her to fight for them more than 5 minutes before someone kills her? She won't help them by getting herself killed. Plus she has put Lee Young  and Gaksital on a pedestal where they stand untouched by the evils of the world like some unrealistic deities. She sees the world only in black and white colours not even realizing there are many shades of grey. I'm really afraid for her, how she will react after she discovers Kang To's identity. She knows of the many terrible things KT has done and at the same time she doesn't know the worst of it. You know how they say the higher you stand the harder you fall, imagine her reaction after her illusion of the perfect Gaksital and Lee Young will shatter and even more so after she will learn the truth about Kang San's death because I'm sure she will and KT will come clean in front of her, how will she respond to the fact her hero killed his own brother even if inwittingly. I really hope she will be able to cope with it because she is the only person, the only and probably the last beacon of hope KT has right now and will ever have for a happy future, I really wish for him to have someone who will accept him with all his imperfections, flaws and sins as well as with the good in him.