Hyun Bin 현빈 [Movies: “The Point Men”, “Confidential Assignment 2” | Upcoming: Movie “Harbin”]

Helena

@musings ah cute, thanks for sharing. Snow Queen was such a sad drama, at some point Hyun Bin seemed to only be interested in melodramas, if he comes back with one, i dont know how i would feel about it, but since they seem to be very popular these days in K drama world, perhaps that is exactly what he will choose as his next project, a very sad dramatic drama to show us his intensified acting skills, why not? since he excels in both comedies and melodramas, that's why i was so happy with Secret Garden because it was a rom com but near the end they threw a little melo story that showcased amazing acting  skills from everyone, i thought it was such a nice touch from the writer, that's why SG remains a top drama to me.  
@chithbinnie I really like him with short hair too because he looks so manly and i want to see him in an action film with his short hair. The longer hair should be for a drama later on, i liked him with the longer hair in his movie ''Come rain come shine'' too, it gave him such a mysterious look and i've never seen this look on him before.

musings said:

안녕하세요 ria, the_joker, willenette, lyra, ebulli, all...

Hi elizabeth, chithbinnie...  your welcome and thank you for your sharings here too. I think his hair should still be short for the upcoming cf, me thinks it's impossible to grow it long long long over such short time. He could wear a wig or hair extensions of course.

His co-star, Yoo In Young, from Snow Queen was in Taiwan to promote a cosmetic brand.  She was asked whether Hyun Bin is her ideal type?  Her answer.... No, too handsome hard to feel secure  :)

Watch this video at around 1.58s, scenes of HB in SQ is shown in relation to the question

http://youtu.be/YXQg5567Mio

Guest musings

:-h everybody...

Hi willenette, he surely is too handsome :))

Hi jamy, your welcome.  I love SQ too.

Somebody has been spotted...

Hyun Bin in Honolulu

Local newspaper, the Honolulu Star Advertiser, reported that Korean Drama stars Hyun Bin and Bae Yong Jun have been spotted near Waikiki dining at Doraku Sushi and shopping at Ala Moana Center.

Hyun Bin has made quite a name for himself with dramas such as "My Name is Kim Sam Soon", "The World We Live In",and "Secret Garden". Bae Yong Jun, although absent from the K-drama scene for a while, is famous for his roles in "Hotelier" and "Winter Sonata".

They are possibly in town for the festivities surrounding the 110th Anniversary of Koreans immigrating to the U.S. Possible, but likely? Or are they in town to warm up from the near freezing weather in Korea right now? Either case, we're welcoming them with open arms!

Does anyone out there have any photos or sightings of them or any other Korean stars in Hawaii? If so, can you please share?

Source: Honolulu Star Advertiser 
Sunday, January 13, 2013

Hello all :).  How's everyone?  Great I hope.  So "SPOT" Hyun Bin...he is now in Hawaii eh.  Sun, sea.. and bikinis teehee.
Anyhoo... just a short post.
Jung Seok-won headlines naval war filmby girlfriday | January 11, 2013 | 47 CommentsJung Seok-won has been cast as the lead in a new war movie called Battle of Yeonpyeong, and interestingly, his marine corps background seems to have been a major reason he got the part. Hey, Hyun Bin shouldn’t be the only one to collect good karma points for being an actor marine.

The movie is based on the 2002 naval attacks between North and South Korea on the island of Yeonpyeong which sits right at the border. It’s a disputed boundary, and the site of many an attack (The most recent was in 2010.) and the subject is reportedly popular source material for many films still in development (in particular another film based on the same incident called Beautiful Us, which was courting Hyun Bin).

Ohhh, I hope Hyun Bin would star in this.

hi musings,chithbinnie,willenette,The_Joker,jamy and all  :-h 

and i agree with you guys,hyunbin+short haircut= daebak  :-bd tatl sure make him  look soo manly and as i stated before i want to see him in an action movie soon..itl be awesome if tats his comeback project..i even love his military haircut,the crew cut with few stylish touch ups here and there would sure look great on him...but having said tat my most favourite Hyun bin's hairstyle of all would be the one in "the world they live in"..he looked sooooo handsome..*drools*  :\">

images_zpsf29761c4.jpeg

musings said:

:-h to all the regulars here

Hi ria, he could be on vacation too, to replenish himself and enjoy life away from the limelight a little while more.   I guess we'll just have to be patient and see what surprises February springs.  But I guess this is nothing compared to your eons waiting time for your other someone LOL!!.   Trifecta...  :-j

@musings

It could be that Hyun Bin and Bae Yong Joon are there for the 110th Koreans Immigrating to the US event. I've read from Ha Ji Won's thread that she has just recently flew back from Honolulu so she must have been one of the other Korean stars who could have attended the event.

Guest musings

안녕하세요 친구

*waving & nodding* to ria, chithbinnie, elizabeth, willenette, jamy... hope he has a good vacation whether he mix it with work, attending some event, photoshoot, filming cf whatever.. but so far still no photo-proofs of the reported sighting!

@ebulli3ent, thanks for the infor, hopefully if he attended that event there will be some news soon.  I understand Korean celebrities likes to go for vacation to Hawaii especially during winter for some sun and sea. 

@the_joker,  watching them bikinis ....like this LOL,

bino.jpg?t=1358218308 

for ria,

revd.jpg?t=1358218415

KoreaFun magazine #84 16.01.2013 edition free giveaway posters of Hyun Bin

fnfn1.jpg 

gere.jpg?t=1358216684

credit: ameblo 

^^ musings: aw thanks for the pic  :-* and also for the posters..

the article below talks about the best cf model's i guess..ofcourse our HB in the list too...may be @musings can provide us with a more better translation  :\">

SSI_20130115022810_V_zpsb7dcb2f5.jpg

source: http://www.seoul.co.kr/news/newsView.php?id=20130115019010 via naver

***Hi guys - wahhhh...............HB is in Hawaii? Like you, I also wonder if this is personal or work-related.....But, I think it must be a vacation. I miss him - no pix of him since that "voting" day. I just hope he has fun in there. An action drama for him..........why not? Anything, as long as we get to see him on the screen soon. 21-months is quite long, huh? :)]

class="content-title"Male Actors: Glasses or No Glasses? Male Actors: Glasses or No Glasses?
We’ve put together a gallery featuring Korea’s hottest male actors and compared photos of them with and without glasses. Whether they wore it as a fashion statement or they were feeling under the weather, some of these actors look hot in glasses while others…not so much!

(skipped unrelated.....)

glass_hyunbin.jpeg

credit : soompi news

Guest musings

:-h to my friends ..

Hi ria, your welcome... will do so

willenette said: ***Hi guys - wahhhh...............HB is in Hawaii? Like you, I also wonder if this is personal or work-related.....But, I think it must be a vacation. I miss him - no pix of him since that "voting" day. Looking at those pictures again, I will take Hyunbin any day! I just hope he has fun in there. An action drama for him..........why not? Anything, as long as we get to see him on the screen soon. 21-months is quite long, huh? :)]

class="content-title"Male Actors: Glasses or No Glasses? 
We’ve put together a gallery featuring Korea’s hottest male actors and compared photos of them with and without glasses. Whether they wore it as a fashion statement or they were feeling under the weather, some of these actors look hot in glasses while others…not so much!

(skipped unrelated.....)

Guest musings

Ria posted this article earlier, thanks ria, 

the gist translated....

CF모델 ‘모범男’ 전성시대

유통업계가 ‘모범 남성’ 모델 전성시대를 맞고 있다. 군필자, 엄친아, 한류스타 등 한국 사회에서 ‘진짜 남자’로 인정받은 남성들이 업계의 뜨거운 러브콜을 받는 분위기다.

SSI_20130115022810_V.jpg

14일 업계에 따르면 롯데칠성음료는 최근 해병대 출신 예비역 배우 현빈을 캔커피 ‘칸타타’의 새로운 모델로 발탁했다. 회사 관계자는 “모범적인 군 생활로 당당하고 진실한 이미지를 만들어 요즘 최고의 모델감으로 꼽힌다”고 말했다. 현빈은 북한의 연평도 포격 사건 이듬해인 2011년 3월 드라마 ‘시크릿 가든’으로 최고 인기를 구가하던 중 해병대를 자원 입대해 호감도를 끌어올렸다. 롯데칠성음료는 현빈을 ‘모시기’ 위해 지난해 말 제대 현장을 직접 찾아가 ‘진짜 남자 현빈씨의 제대를 축하합니다’라는 플래카드와 함께 현장에 모인 3000여 팬들에게 칸타타 커피를 나눠주는 등 지극 정성을 들였다.

쉐라톤 그랜드 워커힐 호텔은 미국 메이저리그 진출에 성공한 LA다저스 소속 류현진 선수를 홍보대사로 위촉했다. 2006년 고졸 신인으로 데뷔한 류 선수는 6년 간 3600만 달러(약 380억원)를 따낸 ‘뚝심 베팅’에 당당하고 프로페셔널한 이미지가 더해지면서 매력도를 높였다.

팔도는 화끈한 남성성을 앞세운 배우 류승룡을 지난달 신제품 라면 ‘남자라면’의 모델로 기용, 톡톡한 효과를 보고 있다. 지난 10일 시작된 류승룡 광고의 유튜브 조회건수가 70만건을 돌파하는 등 인기를 끌고 있으며, 이에 힘입어 ‘남자라면’이 지난해 나온 제품 가운데 매출 수량 1위를 달리고 있는 것으로 조사됐다.

‘강남스타일’로 일약 세계적인 스타가 된 싸이는 미국 견과류 업체 ‘원더풀 피스타치오’의 모델이 됐다. 특히 싸이가 출연하는 TV광고는 다음 달 4일 열리는 미국 슈퍼볼 기간에 방영될 예정이다. 세계인에게도 통하는 대중적 음악성과 솔직하고 재치 있는 모습 등이 미국, 캐나다 등 북미 소비자들에게도 통할 것이란 평가다.

이 밖에 CJ오쇼핑의 소셜커머스 ‘오클락’은 미국 명문대 출신으로 오디션프로그램 슈퍼스타K에서 1등을 차지한 꽃미남 엄친아 로이킴을 ‘얼굴’로 내세웠고, 피자헛도 엄친아 이미지인 가수 겸 배우 이승기와 4년째 재계약을 체결했다.

강주리 기자 jurik@seoul.co.kr

Heyday Era "Role Model Man" for CFs

Circulation industry favor the heyday era "role model man".   Korean societies' definition of the "real man" can range from those who had served well in the army, those they widely praised, hallyu stars etc.

On 14th, Lotte Chilsung recruited the newly discharged Hyun Bin as the endorsement model for its canned coffee brand, Cantata.  Hyun Bin's selection was based upon his dignified military service and good image projected.  Hyun Bin volunteered to join the Marine Corps in March 2011, even after North Korea's artillery attack incident and at the peak of his post-Secret Garden popularity.  Such positive and exemplar actions enhanced their good impression of him.  Lotte Chilsung representatives attended Hyun Bin's discharged ceremony displaying a banner that read "Congratulations to Hyun Bin, the Real Man, on your discharge".  They also gave away over 3000 cans of Cantata coffee to HB fans.

The rest of the article touch on Ryu Hyung Jn, Ryu Seung Ryong, Lee Seung Gi, Roy Kim and PSY who are also cf industry "darlings" ... skipped....

musings said:

:-h to my friends ..

Hi ria, your welcome... will do so

willenette said: ***Hi guys - wahhhh...............HB is in Hawaii? Like you, I also wonder if this is personal or work-related.....But, I think it must be a vacation. I miss him - no pix of him since that "voting" day. Looking at those pictures again, I will take Hyunbin any day! I just hope he has fun in there. An action drama for him..........why not? Anything, as long as we get to see him on the screen soon. 21-months is quite long, huh? :)]

class="content-title"Male Actors: Glasses or No Glasses? 

(skipped unrelated.....)

musings: ur most welcome and thanks to you too for the translation and also for the article...  :-bd  couldnt agree with them more,Hyun bin really is a role model man!!

kim: thanks for the pic..handsome indeed..i wish HB was still he laneige model thou  :( 

willenette: thanks for the childhood pic..i second you..when i first saw the article only two faces that registered in my mind was HB and WB..they both were soooo goodlooking even then!!  :\">

Ahn Jung Hwan vs Hyun Bin - Who is Better Looking in the Advertisement?

Ahn Jung Hwan vs Hyun Bin – Who Is Better Looking in the Advertisement?

Soccer star Ahn Jung Hwan recalled the day when he shot a TV advertisement with Hyun Bin.

On January 15, Ahn Jung Hwan and wife Lee Hae Won appeared as guests on KBS’s variety talk show “Win Win.” During the show, the topic of Ahn Jung Hwan’s past cosmetic brand advertisement with Hyun Bin resurfaced. Because both of the guys looked so attractive in the advertisement, it was impossible to determine who was better looking. 

Ahn Jung Hwan said, “At the time, I thought I was better looking than him (Hyun Bin).”  But then Ahn retracted his statement and said, “But now, I don’t think I can even be compared with him.”

When the soccer star’s wife was posed with the question, “Who’s better looking, your husband or Hyun Bin?” she hesitated and laughed before responding, “I’m scared of the consequences of answering that.” Smart answer!

AJW_HB.jpg

Credits: Soompi

Guest musings

:-h to ria, willenette, ebulli3nt, elizabeth, jamy, the_joker, utkim... thanks for all the updates

fresh from the oven... finally our Hyun Bin in person as Samsung Electronics exclusive smart tv spokesperson...

He was in LA filming a cf for Samsung Smart Tv end of last year, the cf will be out this month. 

@credit

전역 현빈…첫 활동은 삼성 스마트TV 모델로

헤럴드생생원문기사전송 2013-01-17 10:05

[헤럴드경제 = 홍승완 기자]삼성전자가 2013년형 스마트TV의 전속모델로 배우 현빈을 발탁했다.

삼성전자는 많은 팬들의 사랑을 한 몸에 받고 있는 배우 현빈이 삼성 스마트 TV를 대표하는 모델로 적합하다고 판단, 전속계약을 체결했다고 밝혔다.

이와 관련해 현빈은 지난 연말 미국 LA 등지에서 극비리에 2013년 삼성 스마트TV 런칭 캠페인의 촬영을 마쳤다. CF는 1월 중 공개된다. 현빈이 지난해 12월 전역한 만큼 공식적으로 처음 모습을 드러내는 것은 삼성 스마트TV의 TV CF가 될 예정이다.

swan@heraldcorp.com

20130117000249_1.jpg

*drool*

musings said:

:-h to ria, willenette, ebulli3nt, elizabeth, jamy, the_joker, utkim... thanks for all the updates

fresh from the oven... finally our Hyun Bin in person as Samsung Electronics exclusive smart tv spokesperson...

He was in LA filming a cf for Samsung Smart Tv end of last year, the cf will be out this month. 

@credit

전역 현빈…첫 활동은 삼성 스마트TV 모델로

헤럴드생생원문기사전송 2013-01-17 10:05

[헤럴드경제 = 홍승완 기자]삼성전자가 2013년형 스마트TV의 전속모델로 배우 현빈을 발탁했다.

삼성전자는 많은 팬들의 사랑을 한 몸에 받고 있는 배우 현빈이 삼성 스마트 TV를 대표하는 모델로 적합하다고 판단, 전속계약을 체결했다고 밝혔다.

이와 관련해 현빈은 지난 연말 미국 LA 등지에서 극비리에 2013년 삼성 스마트TV 런칭 캠페인의 촬영을 마쳤다. CF는 1월 중 공개된다. 현빈이 지난해 12월 전역한 만큼 공식적으로 처음 모습을 드러내는 것은 삼성 스마트TV의 TV CF가 될 예정이다.

swan@heraldcorp.com

*drool*