[Sitcom 2012] I Need a Fairy 선녀가 필요해

Guest YunRa1430270238

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Been watching this every Mon-Fri on KBSWorld (eng subbed) and I must say this is one of the funniest shows in Korea in recent history. It's not slapstick humor but much of it is captured in verbal responses to a particular situation.

The Cha In-pyo effect is very much in control here but sadly, not all the main cast are funny or naturally funny as CIP & HWSH as Chae Hwa. I like the fact the the 2 PDs & 4 writers allow HWSH to ad-lib most of the time and she does a wonderful job, straying away from the raw script at times.

Since there are 4 writers, the potential for churning up new situations is made much more diverse and even without relying on the few idols to provide eye candy & draw in 'younger' viewers, the story-arc has been quite well-paced. The cliched stereotypes are all there, bimbos included, but thankfully, they're kept in the background which thus allows the main leads, including the Cha kids to show their 'thang'.

I can't say the same for the character depth especially for the one veteran who is still made to speaking in her deadpan monotone (HyeJin's deadpan monotone style sounds eerily similar to Jung Hyung Don's narrator in ROLLERCOASTER) because the writers perhaps need her as a counterpoint to Chae Hwa's bashful & youthful vigor. But while the Cha family has (been given by the writers) undergone progression in the way they act and behave since the two celestial beings moved in, mother is still anal-retentive which as we know by now is not really a character flaw but a defense mechanism to her own insecurity.

Her manner of speaking & rigid thinking has already quickly become stale pretty fast but the writers cleverly dilutes that by constantly using Chae Hwa's undying and unquestioning love as the ballast - love for mum regardless. Both of them do need each other to survive in this human world.

Of course mum being stupid (as in NOT streetsmart) is never a substitute for naivety and luckily for us the comedy still pops up unexpectedly & quietly furious so the fun factor is kept high. And when Cha In-pyo goes into his trademark hyper-acting mode, even the heavens above cannot help but laugh. :w00t:

Guest cvillejin

is this really over at 60 episodes...? they just started bringing out the drama in episode 53 and i feel like they are gonna wrap it so half assed if it's over at episode 60...?

I couldn't agree less with as to the staleness of Shim Hye Jin's 'Wang-mo' (the fairy mother) character. While I enjoy every scene involving the daughter fairy and Cha In Pyo's 'Cha Se Joo' characters, the reprisal of Shim Hye Jin's vampire 'Franceska' (from Hello Franceska, an even better comedy than this one! :lol:) along with the hysterical comedy of Park Hee Jin ('Geum Bo Wha' aka 'Barbara Queen'), is what keeps me tuning in. :wacko: When she ('Franceska') was allowed more interaction with humans in the former drama, the results were generally side-splitting. :o I fear that her lines are now suffering though, as she's currently also busy playing the female lead in the drama 'Happy Ending' (which is currently airing on another network.) :mellow: The actress playing the spurned and forlorn 'Ma Tae Hee' (Yoon Ji Min) can have me both laughing and misty eyed, but none of the younger set, or their stories hold much of my interest. As for veteran Lee Doo-il, I'm happy to see him at work with a couple of old friends, I just wish that they'd give him more to do... <_<

Guest esanmon

For those waiting on subs still, you can download KBSWORLD version here http://www.d-addicts.com/forum/viewtopic_109731.htm. It is the first 15 episodes of the show uploaded by Devilslob. I will help seed until the torrent gets taken down which will be in a couple of weeks so please hurry. For future episodes you have to search Sent From Heaven as it is the alternate title to this show.

Guest Skybirt

screen captures ep55

Shortly, Mother is having her visions and when Se Joon is sick, she start learning medical treatments. Gook Min is trying to help CNU to confess his feelings to NaRi, but can’t do it.

Guest Skybirt

Here are screen capture for 56

Today was about Kimchi and Noona saying something that you should not say.

Tae Hee is on her diet, which leads to exercise ‘fun’ with Barbara brother and when next day (she moved the smelling kimchi to her car) when she drives them to meeting, kimchi explosion. The result is dressing catastrophic.

Mother is trying to be nice, and the result is funny. And Lee Joon is again trying to win Chae Hee over by snack cart. Chae Hee comments that it is nice to have younger brother which Joon does not like although he does not start moping up out it when they starts having fun. 

P.S. I apologize the name mess, but I have world worst name memory.  

Here are screen capture for 56

Today was about Kimchi and Noona saying something that you should not say.

Tae Hee is on her diet, which leads to exercise ‘fun’ with Barbara brother and when next day (she moved the smelling kimchi to her car) when she drives them to meeting, kimchi explosion. The result is dressing catastrophic.

Mother is trying to be nice, and the result is funny. And Lee Joon is again trying to win Chae Hee over by snack cart. Chae Hee comments that it is nice to have younger brother which Joon does not like although he does not start moping up out it when they starts having fun. 

P.S. I apologize the name mess, but I have world worst name memory.  

LOL i seriously am bad with names too XD haha~

joon's obsession with chae hwa is the cutest thing~ i would love it if someone would buy me a whole cart of snacks XD 

tae hee and barbara brother(seriously his name is the hardest,its some wierd name that just wont stick into my head T_T) is developing some kind of love line,though i love tae hee with cha in pyo's brother,her with barbara brother really do look good~its so cool that the guy got her to do things she never do like exercising and just cooly wanting to look at the kimchi her mother sent frm home,though she was embarassed to show to other ppl in her office(of course it lead to disaster XD lol~)

and the vision wang mo have of the family all crying is giving me bad omen too T_T please dont tell me that is how the show is going to end coz i am seriously going to kill someone if that is how its  going to end T_T wang mo trying to make sure that cha in pyo doesnt die out of illness is just cracking me up~ i had a good laugh at the sight of the three of them walking into the house with wang mo dressed like dae jang geum,the OST doesnt even help XD ROFL~ it was so funny XD 

Guest Skybirt

Screen captures for ed 57

Busy episode and quest actor(I think he is comedian)

Gook Min and Woori are trying to hide their relationship by sign language, which Barbara catches. And trainers are rehearsing (now don’t kill me) Oz something, classic American children story with English teacher. Which they fail. 

And as I didn’t have time yet to see what happened last week it shows that Gook Min finally confessed but HaNi said no, but now it looks like that she has started to see Gook Min in a different light (or she was interested but by her character said something else than she meant)

At the Entertainment place investor visits (quest actor) which is behaving badly but nobody can’t say anything and they are trying to survive. Finally when Chae Hee catches investor trying to make pass on Tae Hee she uses violence. All this ends (by Se Joo using own methods to that he leaves quickly).

Tomorrow there is finally something going on with youngsters.

Guest Skybirt

Today CNU finally made his move and confessed his feelings to Nari on a day when Young Saeng would have taken her on date but was attacked by fangirls. Except he then told her that he is leaving to America (and if I understood properly it has something to do with his illness). And when she tries to call him evening, he doesn't answer.

Barbara does not like that mother said bad things to her brother when mother found Chae Hwa and brother suspicious position.

Se Joon is also confused when Chae Hwa says front of everybody that she loves him and gives rose (Roses that Lee Joon gave her)

P.S. I only got really bad quality ep so I couldn't post captures, sorry

Guest NgShuYi

i find it funny that why it always hard to find english subs for good shows.i really prefer this type of 20-30 minutes sitcom over longer dramas.Lucky the Chinese subs can be found easily and the subbers are super fast,they release the subs 24 hrs after the show broadcast in Korean.However i still prefer watching with english over chinese

I really hope this drama would not end with only esp 60.This type of sitcom which is like High kick 3,all my love and stand By(still airing) should end with at least 120+ esp.I'm already disappointed with High kick 3 which only end until 123 but lucky the replacing show Stand By is not bad too.

I also recommend TS to change the synopsis this show is really not something like sex and the city.It  a very funny comedy and some family love drama with romance too.

Please don't end it with esp60,hope to see this drama broadcast beyond 22 may 2012

Today CNU finally made his move and confessed his feelings to Nari on a day when Young Saeng would have taken her on date but was attacked by fangirls. Except he then told her that he is leaving to America (and if I understood properly it has something to do with his illness). And when she tries to call him evening, he doesn't answer.

Barbara does not like that mother said bad things to her brother when mother found Chae Hwa and brother suspicious position.

Se Joon is also confused when Chae Hwa says front of everybody that she loves him and gives rose (Roses that Lee Joon gave her)

P.S. I only got really bad quality ep so I couldn't post captures, sorry

Actually i think CNU does not have any illness maybe Nari elder brother misunderstood it,well we have to watch the drama further to see how.And i think CNU already cancel his handphone line,it like he is ready to leave for good,so sad.

Haha Se joon should have know that cH give everyone the roses as well,only tae hee refuse to take.

Archived