[Drama 2012] The Equator Man 적도의 남자

Admin

Guest dabdi

I think too, that Jang Il suspects his father's sin, but in ep 1 Jang Il stated to president Jin No Sik, that he didn't know "that was a bridge stained with blood" (darksmurfsub), what the president built for him. (Just the same thing, that Kyeong Pil stated too related to No Sik's fiancee and her family, he didn't know what he did, just followed No Sik's instructions.)

One more thing. The title is Equator Man, and the only person we know that lives in Thailand is Moon Tae Joo. His influence can be important too. He must be a good person (that's what Kyeong Pil said).

• Replies 784
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Im jae bum will be singing the first part of the OST.... I want the theme music of the show I am so obsessed with it at the moment

@ littlepig310

well I went and checked the name the gangsters mentioned to Sunwoo tuns out this Jang Taek is not Jang II dad I just assumed it must be since they have some issues with the man so this man they send him to harm is just a random person not a character in the show

Guest littlepig310

I have a feeling that Sunwoo is the son of the man who killed (almost) his step father, not Jang ll's father...sweatingbullets.gif

this the preview for ep 3 in korean

장일을 위해 목숨걸고 장택과 맞붙어 싸우는 선우. 그리고 서울 가는 기차에서 우연히 장일을 만난 수미는 다시 한 번 장일으로부터 모욕을 받자 마음이 상한다. 하지만 수미는 아버지인 광춘으로부터 경필의 죽음에 용배가 개입되어 있음을 알게되고.. 한편, 장일은 서울에서 대학생활을 시작하며 지원을 다시 만나게 돼서 행복하지만 경필의 죽음에 용배가 개입되어 있음을 알게 되고 선우에게 진정서 제출을 말리지만 선우가 끝까지 외면하자 선우의 머리를 나무로 내려치는데...

just a couple of things that I think I understood ...who has a better translation can correct it

Sunwoo risks his life for Jang II......Jang II meets Sumi by chance and she is insulted again by him..Sumi finds out her dad involvement in Sunwoo dad death..... he starts collage in Seoul ....Jang II hits Sunwoo on the head

Edit

20120327171010562781.jpg

image from twitter...

@Tango27 Thanks for the pics, chingu! smile.gif

I always like bromance/man friendship in korean dramas. Sometimes they are more emotional and meaningful than the supposedly OTP. Specifically this one. Jang-Il always adores Sunwoo as a cool and protective friend and Sunwoo fancies Jang-Il, his smart and I-pretend-not-to-care-but-the-truth-is-I-love-you friend. And it is soooooo adorable when neither want to express their feelings to each other. Kyaa! And both are equally hot and cute. Now that things are getting more serious and complicated, we can expect some tear-jerking moments later.

Can't wait for tomorrow!!

Guest jdkk09

This drama peaked my interested when I read the synopsis.  So many drama's are debuting it's been difficult to watch them all so I've been reading the comments here at soompi and decided to give this one a go.. 

And it was thanks to all of you.  Keep the comments coming.

I am watching it right now so I will update as I watch but only the stuff that I understand

ep3updated

Sunwoo is walking with knife he recalls what the drunk Jang II told him about his happiness.....Sunwoo throws the knife away and runs looking determined

he arrives at some place with men playing billiard ... he asks for the man and the man looks at him( dont know who he is but does not look like a good man)...

Sunwoo get into an intense fight with the men ( but we dont actually see it ) until he gets to the man in question we see that Sunwoo has a bloody face and he stabs the leg of the man with the billiard stick....the men beats him....he runs but finds himself trapped...next we see them throw him unconscious

next Jang II dad dreams that Sunwoo dad is strangling him instead wakes up screaming...Jang II comes checking on him

next we see Sunwoo again .. he wakes up looking awfully injured and calls his dad

the shaman is writing a letter probably about the crime but dont know for whom......Sumi is having a hair cut I think the hairdresser does not want to cut so Sumi takes the scissors and cuts it herself

next we see her with her hair up looking at the flyers ( guess they are the ones about Jang II admittance to collage).... she sees a boy who asks her about Sunwoo saying he cant find him....she takes the train looking for her seat... she finds out it is the one next to Jang II...he just looks at her and then sleeps...

she stands up and looks at him taking note of his features one by one...they get off and she finds out something is wrong ( lost something or forgot)

she calls Jang II and he ignores her...they talk and he is rude to her again she tells him he has no right to look down at her when he is a poor boy with a scholarship or something like that...she tells him he will regret it one day... he answers carelessly and leaves

Jiwoon is carrying heavy stuff...and the president wife practising singing with someone ...Sumi is upset by something the shaman tells her

...she picks the crumpled letter he wrote....she finds out the truth....the shaman sees the boys portrait in her room she tells him she loves him

she faces him about the letter.. he tells her what he saw...she tells him he must keep it a secret

Jang II is in collage... Jiwoon passes behind him

the men who beat Sunwoo take him in a truck he screams trying to get out....in contrast we see Jang II whistling ....Sunwoo gets out of the truck.. men chase him...he jumps on the train passing below

in class Jang II is looking for Jiwoon ... professor asks for a student to speak and calls Jiwoon name..Jiwoon arrives and talks to the students...dont know what is the occasion but she relates about her dad and the her picking the rock and finding the boy...she says the image of the boys eyes was imprinted like a photograph she then jokes it is her type of boy....Jang II is nettled when he hears this

next Jang II asks to speak and talks about his crush on the singing girl that he wanted to see again one day and looks straight at Jiwon ( well I could be wrong but I think he lied and said a friend of my dad was throwing an event)....

he then follows Jiwon and they have coffee

Sunwoo arrives to his house in an awful state talks to his dad again....Jang II contemplates Jiwon having lunch.. he then brings her his desert...

Jang II dad is surprised to see Sunwoo he asks him about his dad ...Sunwoo goes to the president house seems he knew his dad went there on the fatal day

he sees a photo of the president and realizes it is the same man with his dad in the old pic

Sunwoo gets a call from the man abroad ... he asks about his dad and he tells him he is dead...the man is shocked

Jang II comes back from Seoul and the 2 boys go for a drink....Jang II tells him about Jiwon...Sunwoo shows him some documents and the old pic

Sunwoo and Jang II go meet the president to ask about the photo with him self the president sees a resemblance between Sunwoo and the man abroad... the president afterwards scolds Jang II dad and Jang II overhears them and finds out the truth

Jang II screams and runs shouting Sunwoo name... he goes to Sunwoo house and they talk

Jang II shouts at his dad why he did that

Sunwoo is by the sea side telling his dad he is coming ( meaning he has the evidence ?) Jang II comes to try to prevent him...he gets on his knees...Sunwoo lets stop here....Sunwoo is determined ....Jang II notices a stick near by....he hits Sunwoo on the head from behind he staggers to the ground.. he hits him again...he is crying but he pushes him unconscious to the sea

Guest texashot

I don't understand Korean so this is purely based on observation. Plus I skipped around a lot so this is also just based off what I watched.

• Sun Woo throws the knife the gang members gave him into a pile of trash.
  • Sun Woo goes into a pool hall looking for the guy he's suppose to hurt. He finds that guy and lodge a broken pool stick into his flesh and then he gets caught and thrown into an abandoned room.
  • Jang Il's dad is having nightmares about Sun Woo's dad waking up and strangling him in the woods.
  • Su Mi is taking the train to Seoul and ends up getting on the same one as Jang Il as well as being seat partners. The tension is awkward between them and you can tell that Su Mi is still hurt over the ordeal but Jang Il remains quiet without saying anything.
  • I'm not sure but it seems like Su Mi forgot something and asked Jang Il for something but he declines. In the process I think he ends up mocking her or something because she becomes angry after their talk. She then calls her dad and then ends up going back home. Her dad sees the picture of Jang Il and yells at Su Mi to not like that boy. It seems like she finds out that her dad witnessed the murder.
  • Sun Woo is locked inside a moving freezer truck by the gang members that he tried to hurt. He eventually gets out and runs away but is trapped to the point where his only option is to climb over the fence and jump onto a moving train.
  • Jang Il and Ji Won are in the same class and it seems like the topic is Photographic Memory so they're sharing a story? Ji Won tells the story about when she broke the windshield of a car and Sun Woo was inside. Jang Il tells his story next and tells of when he first saw Ji Won (at the show singing).
  • Sun Woo is working on something and then his friend comes over and I hear something about Jang Il's father but I'm not sure what is being said. In the next scene Sun Woo goes to see Jang Il's dad and they talk. Sun Woo walks around and sees a picture of the chairman who he recognize as the guy in the photo with his dad.
  • He goes a call from Tae Joo probably asking for his father but Sun Woo tells him that his father is dead? Tae Joo also asked who he's talking to and Sun Woo said that he's his dad's son and that's enough for Tae Joo to draw some conclusion.
  • Jang Il visits Sun Woo while he's working on a chair and they go out to drink. Sun Woo shows Jang Il the picture of his dad, the chairman, and Tae Joo. Afterward they go out to try on a suit. Jang Il takes Sun Woo to see the chairman and shows the chairman the picture. I'm assuming they're asking about the relation between his dad, the chairman, and Tae Joo.
  • Jang Il comes home and overhear the chairman and his dad talk about Sun Woo's dad. He finds out that it was his own dad that killed Sun Woo's dad.
  • Jang Il runs to Sun Woo's house and they talk. (I wish I knew what they were talking about....maybe Jang Il is asking Sun Woo not to search any further or saying he won't help? I'm not sure).
  • Jang Il and Sun Woo meets at a cliff and they're fighting again? Jang Il begs Sun Woo to stop because he grabs the envelope with the evidences. They exchange some words (I think at one point Sun Woo asked if Jang Il knew who did it?). Throughout this conversation I only know that Jang Il is repeating over and over for Sun Woo to stop. Jang Il takes the wooden stick and hits Sun Woo over the head with it. Sun Woo falls to the ground and Jang Il hits him one more time. Jang Il drags Sun Woo closer to the edge and throws him into the ocean. (OMG! Definitely like father like son. How can you do that to your only friend? :tears: )

I am watching it right now so I will update as I watch but only the stuff that I understand

ep3

Sunwoo is walking with knife he recalls what the drunk Jang II told him about his happiness.....Sunwoo throws the knife away and runs looking determined

he arrives at some place with men playing billiard ... he asks for the man and the man looks at him( dont know who he is but does not look like a good man)...

Sunwoo get into an intense fight with the men ( but we dont actually see it ) until he gets to the man in question we see that Sunwoo has a bloody face and he stabs the leg of the man with the billiard stick....the men beats him....he runs but finds himself trapped...next we see them throw him unconscious

next Jang II dad dreams that Sunwoo dad is strangling him instead wakes up screaming...Jang II comes checking on him

next we see Sunwoo again .. he wakes up looking awfully injured and calls his dad

the shaman is writing a letter probably about the crime but dont know for whom......Sumi is having a hair cut I think the hairdresser does not want to cut so Sumi takes the scissors and cuts it herself

next we see her with her hair up looking at the flyers ( guess they are the ones about Jang II admittance to collage).... she sees a boy who asks her about Sunwoo saying he cant find him....she takes the train looking for her seat... she finds out it is the one next to Jang II...he just looks at her and then sleeps...

she stands up and looks at him taking note of his features one by one...they get off and she finds out something is wrong ( lost something or forgot)

she calls Jang II and he ignores her...they talk and he is rude to her again she tells him he has no right to look down at her when he is a poor boy with a scholarship or something like that...she tells him he will regret it one day... he answers carelessly and leaves

thank you...can't wait for more...we probably get to see the adults SW and JI on episode 4.

Thanks, semi-fly for the torrent link and Tongo and endeavor for the recap.

In 5 minutes I'll watch it myself.

I can't believe he did it. let say that Jang Il made stupid thing by hitting Sun Woo, but he had enough time to understand how wrong his act was, and call for help. I still don't understand how could he throw him to the ocean.

Guest Razvan007

In the preview of the next episode, we can see Im Jung Eun sitting next to uhm tae woong (no sign of lee bo young in the preview,though.) .

I'm happy that they showed Im Jung Eun first. Although technically,since the korean dramas always have 4 leads (2 boys 2 girls), the second girl can also be refered to as "the lead", so I guess they should have shown Lee Bo Young as well to make her fans happy :).

Anyway... Im Jung Eun fighting!!

Guest Iviih

Thanks, semi-fly for the torrent link and Tongo and endeavor for the recap.

In 5 minutes I'll watch it myself.

I can't believe he did it. let say that Jang Il made stupid thing by hitting Sun Woo, but he had enough time to understand how wrong his act was, and call for help. I still don't understand how could he throw him to the ocean.

I agree with you.

When I watched the preview, I wanted to believe he just hit him because he was in despair and angered or out of his mind for a moment, and then he would regret right away what he did. But no, JI not just h it him once, but twice and thenthrew SW in the sea (and even knowing he was alive). 

I just can't. Doesn't matter SW didn't die, JI is a murderer just like his father. 

I don't see a happy end for him in this drama.

Spoiler:

I read somewhere that Misoo saw what he did, and plus found out his dad killed SW's, so I can't wait to see her getting her reveng against him , bet she will blackmail him in the future! LOL serves him right.

But if you think in this, she is also not such a good person for not telling the truth and letting a muderer not get his punishment just because she wants revenge later. .

lol I am pretty scared at the adults making their entry tomorrow considering the short time jump ( only 2 years ) everybody will be 21! ... that is so challenging in particular to UTW ... so I guess I have to make believe

Archived