[Drama 2012] The Equator Man 적도의 남자

Admin

Reading DB, so Park Shi-yeon was supposed to be the lead lady but it didn't happen. :angry:

And that's y they casted the lead lady so late...

Hmmm too bad then, she is the bigger name out of the 3 and she can play both sides

It'd be great to she her pair with Uhm Tae-woong, who I also like

Good luck for the casts

@nas: she was supposed to be the lead lady, not the villain.... She's won over so many fans in Coffee House ( even DB and GF love her), so it's just your personal ref since many have looked at her differently after that drama.

No need for bashing her when she is not even in the drama ( as a fan I feel offended)

Anyway, I just hope she will be back on-screen soon

• Replies 784
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I dont think this has to do with this drama but can u tell me how is PSY the bigger name !!! if I remember right the ratings for coffee house were awful and a lot of ppl complained about her bad acting... while LBY last drama was a 20% hit how do u decide who is the bigger name and LBY is the better actress she just won an award

I think the "bigger name" thing has to do with Park Si Yeon being more readily known than Lee Bo Young and not in terms of acting abilities. Park Si Yeon was a runner up in the Miss Korea pageant giving her some exposure before she debuted as an actress. Then she was also cast in Family Outing which was a very popular variety show that starred Yoo Jae Suk, Lee Hyori, Daesung (Big Bang), etc. She was also in the cult favorite, My Girl too.

Plus, I guess it's just me but I wouldn't let ratings determine how successful a drama is. I mean You're Beautiful was in the 9-10 percentile but they were far more successful internationally and especially online than IRIS (which aired at the same time). I know IRIS was successful too but I think You're Beautiful just edged them out a big more (internationally and online).

Anyway....I'm glad to know that all the cast members have been finalized. Talk about cutting it down to the wire! I'm usually not a big fan of melodrama but I adore Uhm Tae Woong so I'll definitely be tuning in.

Thank you

You answered for me

I'm never a big fan of rating in Korea as I love Coffee House and You are beautiful/ Heartstrings so much but their ratings were horrible. But guess what? The main leads of You are beautiful are popular world-wide because of the drama. ( JGS is the richest guy at his age and Park Shin Hye is named Hallyu princess herself) They had to compete with Iris at that time, which 's costed a lot to produce, compare to YB. Yet YB still had the highest rating in JP after 2 years and their OST still topped the charts for years... JP even made a re-make for the drama, which they didn't do for Iris, no matter how many awards Iris has won...

And as PSY is a bigger name... Out of 3 actresses I only know her. She is more well-known even when I didn't pay attention to her.

Yeah she won a Miss Korea pageant, dated one of the biggest idols at that time( which gained her also lots of haters), stared in My Girl which is well-love around the world , and was also a part of the popular FO which helps people get to know her more. Coffee house has changed how many people look at her even they were indifferent to her before ( Me!!!) or even hated her ( many for DB's site). Most pp who complained at that time because they wanted EJ to be the lead but it didnt happen, and they thought PSY was the evil girl ( like her previous roles) so they hated her for the stupidest reasons (There were wars between fans at Soompi and DB sites ).... But she was the most successful cast in the drama even in Korean views... so many articles and compliments for her at that time (DB mentioned ab it, u can check if you're interested http://www.dramabeans.com/2010/08/coffee-house-page-18-final/ - you can read at the end)... And have you even watched her movies? She can really rock her roles

I never saw any news attacking her acting in CH... just many EJ's fans

Maybe I don't watch all k dramas so I don't know about other actresses, but as a casual K-drama fans I knew so much ab PSY ( even before I started to love her in CH) than the other 2.

So that's just my take. She is a bigger name

Sorry if I offended anyone ^^

Edit: Thanks uruchai,

I forgot about that she won Baeksang Award and Blue Dragon Awards for the Fox Family

Since I only think of her after Coffee House

I dont think this has to do with this drama but can u tell me how is PSY the bigger name !!! if I remember right the ratings for coffee house were awful and a lot of ppl complained about her bad acting... while LBY last drama was a 20% hit how do u decide who is the bigger name and LBY is the better actress she just won an award

PSY is a Baeksang Award winner. i think that says a lot. her acting career/resume also spans to both movies and dramas, cfs and mvs. so she's arguably the "bigger" actress.

but now that it's Im Jung Eun in this one, I'm still doubting she has the "lead" status here. With LBY's status now in kdramas, I don't think she's second/support lead. but hey! perhaps this is one of those that really has no first or second. they're all just "leads" and will -hopefully- get equal amount of screen time.

She was winning in coffee prince and story of a man despite not being a ratings success similar to dramas like Que Sera Sera it was a quality drama; it just wasnt mainstream

you dont have to insult her

She has also done movies, CF's , variety shows

I dont know who is a bigger star because i dont live in Korea but i DO know that Park Shi yeon has been famous for many years and not just through dramas but i'm talking about general exposure, and quite frankly who cares, what difference does it make?

unless i am mistaken Hooray for love is a weekend drama where 20% is not unusual and it was for the final episode not the series as a whole (series average would be more like 15%

Ojakgyo brothers would probably average 30% and finale almost 40% << example of "hit" weekend drama

http://wiki.d-addicts.com/Hooray_for_Love/Episode_Ratings

the average rating for weekend dramas will be higher than dramas aired in primetime slots on weekdays

Guest conduongmuathu

Wow, Lee Bo Young and Im Jeong Eun :wub: Love them so much :wub:

I can't wait for watching this one! :wub:

Anyway, Lee Bo Young should be the first lead. :)

Okay2 you guys let's stop talking about Park Shi Yeon. I don't mean to bash her. I've watched almost all of her work and it is just my personal feelings.

DB already said her character is like a villain style which will be using both hero for her own good. ParkShiYeon only stuns me when she is playing comedic like in CH. In here IF she ever take the role which is quite hard because it is a character with layers that's why I think it is better if Lim Jeong Eun take it because she has charisma. Even DB said she think PSY must take depart from her sexy seducing role which is not really good.

LBY for me is a more known name in drama world. Her resume list in lead actress is more than PSY. PSY is Miss Korea that is why she is well known and very popular for whole but not in dramalike. For me I like to think acting quality for dramas. Variety show is not taken.

Anyway. I would totally loved if Park Shi Yeon take another comical role which really suited her in CH but not this kind of role which is really hard to act.

I think there is also a few people who doesn't like certain actor @ actress even though others like them. I never tought it will make a huge argument over here. I'm only just saying my thought . Let's just watch the drama which will start in two more weeks. I'm really sorry for starting this.

Anyway. I would totally loved if Park Shi Yeon take another comical role but not this kind of role which is really hard to act.

:mellow: stop.

Some people, and even actors would say comedic roles are even harder to act then melo ones as you need to have excellent comic timing or everything goes flat

You cant fake funny

"Dying is easy, comedy is hard." ~ Sir Donald Wolfit

people only responded because you asked, and you insulted Park Shi yeon

I will stop here too .

"The Equator Man" Casts Im Jung Eun as Leading Lady

“The Equator Man” casts a leading lady, a couple of weeks before its anticipated mid-March premiere. “Joseon X-Files’” Im Jung Eun was recently announced to join Uhm Tae Woong, Lee Jun Hyuk and Lee Bo Young in “The Equator Man” cast.

Im Jung Eun’s role is named Sumi, who is an ambitious and success-oriented woman. The character is also described to be particularly interested in the prosecutor character played by Lee Jun Hyuk, because she finds something in his past that she can use in her quest for success.

“Im Jung Eun was cast on February 28 and joined the other drama’s stars to participate in the poster shoot right after,” a representative from the drama told local news agencies.

“The Equator Man” will follow after the currently airing “Wild Romance.” It premieres on KBS on March 14.

Via Soompi

Okay2 you guys let's stop talking about Park Shi Yeon. I don't mean to bash her. I've watched almost all of her work and it is just my personal feelings.

DB already said her character is like a villain style which will be using both hero for her own good. ParkShiYeon only stuns me when she is playing comedic like in CH. In here IF she ever take the role which is quite hard because it is a character with layers that's why I think it is better if Lim Jeong Eun take it because she has charisma. Even DB said she think PSY must take depart from her sexy seducing role which is not really good.

LBY for me is a more known name in drama world. Her resume list in lead actress is more than PSY. PSY is Miss Korea that is why she is well known and very popular for whole but not in dramalike. For me I like to think acting quality for dramas. Variety show is not taken.

Anyway. I would totally loved if Park Shi Yeon take another comical role but not this kind of role which is really hard to act.

I think there is also a few people who doesn't like certain actor @ actress even though others like them. I never tought it will make a huge argument over here. I'm only just saying my thought . Let's just watch the drama which will start in two more weeks. I'm really sorry for starting this.

This only started because some people like you keep insulting her, even in your last post... <_<

JB's said she has been improving after every single roles but CH was her best role (partly because she was the lead and the writer wrote more into her character while you don't have that in 2nd roles in my opinion) , if you ever read her her recaps ab her

She can be lively and dark ( please take a look at her mvs and movies

or http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rwkylClMFzo&feature=related ) and is successful with multi-layer roles...

It's your opinion and I should respect it

But please STOP insulting her!!! She is not even in the casts.

I was going to follow this drama anyway, but I really don't like to deal with pp like this....

So goodbye then,

I'll just watch this later rather then go back and forth bashing an artist I like

update

images of Im ShiWan and Lee Hyun Woo

I think this fanpic is not shared.

tumblr_lzn34xFEEQ1r9w7kfo1_500.jpg

cr.zeamw tumblr

Poster photo shooting HQ

post_17424_user_129602_1330815534______001.jpgpost_17424_user_129602_1330815534______002.jpg

post_17424_user_129602_1330815534______004__1_.jpg

got from faraz3500@viki

OK everybody looks charming. Hope this will be the couple that will turn out to be and both partners help each other to turn on top and rivaled each other.

btw got from couchkimchi

The music in the teasers may sound familiar to some of you if you’re familiar with Wong Kar Wai It’s called Polonaise by Shigeru Umebayashi from the 2046 movie soundtrack.

and I've read Lee Bo Young character description at hancinema. here's the link.

Lovely woman Lee Bo-yeong

In the weekend drama "Hooray for Love" she was a divorcee who was abandoned by her husband. Now she is a happy woman who is loved at the same time by two men. She landed herself the role of Ji-won, luxury hotel VIP banquet manager, in the drama "Equator Man", wherein she is loved by Eom Tae-woong and Lee Joon-hyeok.

"The Equator Man" is also known as the male version of "Women in the Sun" from 2008. Leading male characters Eom Tae-woong and Lee Joon-hyeok face each other for a woman they both love.

DB just released news about The Equator Boys. hehe. Loved the pun.

The boys of Equator Manequator5.jpgequator8.jpg

Lee Hyun Woo!! :rolleyes: what a hottie with the blood and perm.

Im Shiwan looks clean cut.equator6.jpg

btw am happy the director is from White Christmas director. Loved that mini drama. And all along there will be no love rival. LeeBoyoung is paired with Uhm Force and LimJeungEun is paired with Prosecuter Lee. I think it is more on a power rival between Uhm Force and Prosecuter Lee.

I've been meaning to see this.. :) 

Does anyone have an KBS2 asx url ... to stream this live? I'm aware that it can be watched live from ionair.. but ><.. this site seriously lags sometimes ... 

I used to have the asx url for KBS2.. the most recent one.. but I lost it when I had to format my pc tears.gif.. 

I remember someone sharing it from another site.. but I just can't remember.. sad.gif

Anyone? I'd really appreciate it! laugh.gif 

Thanks! ^__^

I guess it is better to stop using DB as a source since they have been messing up the news.... like LBY is the lead like we said first and not the other girl ... soompi needs the check their sources as well

and the drama is postponed until the 21 to avoid moon/sun finale ...

I think DB is not really interested with this drama that's why the news are sometimes not right. Anyhow I notice there is synopsis from hancinema.

20 episodes - Wed, Thu 21:55

Also known as "Man From the Equator"

Synopsis

Jang-il, the smartest of the school, and Seon-wu, the strongest kid in Yeosu, are best friends. Influenced by Jang-il, Seon-wu starts studying and working hard towards his dream. However, all of a sudden, Seon-wu’s guardian, Kyung-pil, dies a mysterious death and Seon-wu becomes blind while investigating on the case. Su-mi witnesses the scene that Jang-il attacks Seon-wu but remains silent on it and waits for the right moment. Ji-won, who is a volunteer reader for visually impaired people, meets Seon-wu by chance and they fall in love. Despite his strong feelings for Ji-won, however, Seon-wu breaks up with Ji-won so she can have a better life. 13 years have passed. Jang-il becomes a special prosecutor. Seon-wu becomes a young CEO of Royal Tree, an investment trust company. Ji-won works as a VIP party planner at a five-star hotel. And Sumi becomes a hyperrealism painter. They all have gone their separate ways. However, the fate draws them back together…

So Uhm Force will go blind because of Prosecuter Lee. hmm. I think he will do a makeover in 13 years time lapse.

and some pix.

photo226079.jpg

can't seem to recognise the girl. Seems like a new actress . She may potray some of the young'ens for the female role.

photo226080.jpg

I think this guy will act as a teacher. He's one of the teachers in God Of Study which stars LeeHyunWoo too.

fullsizephoto226088.jpg

and a pic be4 the accident maybe? I think Lee Wonjong will potray SeonWu's guardian.

Rookie actress Park Se-yeong cast for "The Equator Man"

photo226338.jpg

Rookie actress Park Se-yeong has been cast for the new KBS 2 drama "The Equator Man".

She is going to take on the role of Soo-mi, who loves Jang-il (Si Wan). She is a character who suffered a painful youth but is very pretty, as her parent is a shaman.

She loves Jang-il in the drama and in order to have him she uses his past to manipulate him.

Her management agency, 4HIM Entertainment said, "Park Se-yeong has been portrayed as trendy and cheerful all the while, but this time she will portray a stronger and more mature character who yearns for the love of one man, showing the how a lonely youth matures".

"The Equator Man" unravels the theme of the human desire and confronts conflicts caused by love and forgiveness. Its cast includes Eom Tae-woong, Lee Bo-yeong, Lee Joon-hyeok, Lim Jeong-eun and more.

Meanwhile, Park Se-yeong is currently in the SBS weekend drama "If Tomorrow Comes".

Source : news.nate.com/view/20... ( Korean )

HanCinema permalink

Allkpop also reported the same news with official pictures from set. http://www.allkpop.com/2012/03/the-equator-man-shares-still-cut-of-zeas-siwan-and-park-se-young

20120307_equatorman_siwan_parkseyoung.jpg

Source + Photos: TV Report via Naver

Guest kayana20

Why is every thread so full of fanwars of who is the best actress or actor? Can we focus on the drama please? I am so happy to see Uhm Tae Woong and know this is going to be such a good drama. The force never disappoints.

Archived