[Drama 2012] The Equator Man 적도의 남자

Admin

Guest littlepig310

Everyone seems to be here because of UTW effect, am I the only one here because of the  Hyuk's effect? lol*quoted image**quoted image*

I confess I watched city hunter because of him (my fav character there. Yes LMH doesn't do much for me)

And here Hyuk is killing it as JI. Weeeeeee! He is so good and sometimes he is so creepy... that I almost forget how hot he is LOL

UTW is also very good. But I love watching Hyuk's JI!

X2 ...biggrin.gif of course you are not the only one here for Lee jun hyuk...cool.gif 

he portrays the "glass face" college boy jangil pretty well...!!  icy cool.....that mirror scene scared the hell out of me! ...now look forward to prosecutor jangil...smile.gif who is going to be tortured by everybody in the drama...wacko.gif

• Replies 784
  • Created
  • Last Reply

so turns out Sunwoo is still blind !! if he cant tell what the girl is feeling it is written all over her face for gods sake... I did not understand totally but I have a hint of what is going on

1335360440311892.jpg

EDIT

JW: is there anything you need?

SW: you should change the question

JW:what

SW : it should be if I needed anything you will do it

JW:if I can do it

SW : after the meeting want to go out to see a performance.. can you come

JW : that will be hard if it is anything within the hotel....

SW : then dont ask me again if I need anything

JW : hey Jang II .. I ll call u back

SW : u really work hard

JW : if u need anything just call me you know my number..

SW : I just asked u to change the question a minute ago

JW : I said what you need not what you want ( haha smart answer)

then he talks about her with his assistant and says..( I think I returned too late for her ... she is half of my life )

20120425133536243820743.jpg

when he met her for the job interview there was some talk about marriage then she says ( I used to know someone who looked like you) and I think he answers that this happens usually and she shouldn't feel bad about it

very bright guy when it comes to romance she has to do all the work lol

2012042608112511181.jpg

Somi uncovers paintings showing the whole Jang II/Sunwoo incident showing that she was a eye witness and that she was acting the whole time like when she asked Jang II if he saw Sunwoo and when she pretended to search for him in his house while she actually knew he was dead !!!

while this was an interesting surprising twist still it does raise some serious question marks...it shows that while she knew he was dying she faked searching for him and did nothing to report in case he was still alive.. but then she acted like she cared when he was in coma !! and why did she care for the letter he was writing in Braille then and cried when she read it hmmm

8c1001e93901213fa1bd1f7.jpg

adaf2edda3cc7cd998a3657.jpg

Guest rintintintin

Wait, so SW is pretending to be a blind person here? until now? Gah, I'm getting gaga on this drama.... Need to watch it later. :D

so turns out Sunwoo is still blind !! if he cant tell what the girl is feeling it is written all over her face for gods sake... I did not understand totally but I have a hint of what is going on

*quoted image*

at the meeting she asks him if he needs anything and he answers something like you should change the question or something and I think he asks her out in a way she says no and then he hears her talking to Jang II and answers her rudely... still I might be wrong

then he talks about her with his assistant and says..( I think I returned too late for her ... she is half of my life )

*quoted image*

when he met her for the job interview there was some talk about marriage then she says ( I used to know someone who looked like you) and I think he answers that this happens usually and she shouldn't feel bad about it

very bright guy when it comes to romance she has to do all the work lol

*quoted image*

Somi uncovers paintings showing the whole Jang II/Sunwoo incident showing that she was a eye witness and that she was acting the whole time like when she asked Jang II if he saw Sunwoo and when she pretended to search for him in his house while she actually knew he was dead !!!

while this was an interesting surprising twist still it does raise some serious question marks...it shows that while she knew he was dying she faked searching for him and did nothing to report in case he was still alive.. but then she acted like she cared when he was in coma !! and why did she care for the letter he was writing in Braille then and cried when she read it hmmm

*quoted image*

*quoted image*

to answer that question...... because Soo Mi is a psychopath,.What kind of friend does that make you that you would turn a blind eye to a childhood friend's  supposed death so you can grab hold of  another man's pant leg. GEEZ!!! For me,Soo Mi is the lowest kind of woman.A true skeezer.

BTW, @X Japan I agree this is the best drama going right now

Guest one4yestwo4no

you cant find it cause they have not released it yet... I think they will release it in the final part of the OST when they do I will post it 4 you

Thank you sooooo much!!

Guest dabdi

I think it's clear that Soo Mi didn't see anything what Jang Il did, she wasn't there. After she found out what Seon Woo wrote in Braille she imagined what happened.

I'm sure Soo Mi wasn't  an eye witness!

It's about photorealistic paintig. She said in episode 10:

"It's reality, but a realilty that's in my mind.

That's the reason I chose photorealism.

I can interpret the reality at my whim."

(dramafever)

Guest dabdi

If I interpret it right EM is the 4th most watched from all the TVprograms currently airing in Korea (including news). :w00t:

n%25C3%25A9zetts%25C3%25A9g.jpg

This two men... they are great!

2-8.jpg

I was surprised with this big hug and kissing between Seon Woo and Park Yoon Joo, it's so "not Asian" but Europen habit (for me).

bscap0362.jpg

Pics for upcoming episodes..

sketch010_1.jpg

sketch10_2.jpg

sketch10_3.jpg

sketch10_1.jpg

sketch09_16.jpg

sketch09_17.jpg

sketch09_18.jpg

sketch09_19.jpg

sketch09_20.jpg

sketch09_21.jpg

Cr : kbs

Last night episode was awesome. Jangil is so psycho with intense eyes. If stare can kill.... :sweatingbullets:

Looks like tonight episode will be more intense, the 6 of them are in the same room.

If looking by the picture above, i think sun woo buy a dress for jiwon blush.gif

Guest kayana20

Sun woo stop giving the girl mixed feeling you have a long way to go before you can get together. He literally is breaking Jiwon heart and he thinks she doesn't love him but she does. I want him to focus on his revenge and making sure Jang II knows he is ready and willing to take him down. It's also scaring seeing him pant after Jiwon when she clearly rejected him long ago. He cannot take the hint and she is too nice to actually say it.It looks like it will be a fight to get the people who killed his father arrested but with him staying alive. I hope while he pushes Jiwon away he slowly gives her clues as to why he is doing this. Love this drama but will just read until later in the drama. Revenge drama's make me thirsty for more and more each day!

I think it's clear that Soo Mi didn't see anything what Jang Il did, she wasn't there. After she found out what Seon Woo wrote in Braille she imagined what happened.

I'm sure Soo Mi wasn't  an eye witness!

It's about photorealistic paintig. She said in episode 10:

"It's reality, but a realilty that's in my mind.

That's the reason I chose photorealism.

I can interpret the reality at my whim."

(dramafever)

well I dont agree unless she was a shaman like her father it is not possible that she is able to know how the whole thing was done exactly scene by scene besides if you read the synopsis you will see it is written that she was a eye witness maybe the letter showed her that Sunwoo knew anyway we cant be completely sure yet and there is a small possibility that u r right

and crazy obsessive chicks do exist after all in all kinds and shapes starting from some of the crazy fan girls with all the death threats and stalking and ending with women murdering men cause they would not respond to them and obsession does not really need a reason they might imagine the whole thing but here she is not crazy in out of control crazy she obviously very clear headed and she knows what she is doing

So happy with the ratings,don't think i've seen such tight competition between dramas during the timeslot. :lol:

my take with the writers lacking creativity issue is this.Many korean melodrama writers tend to stick to a specific earnest melody , tone and context throughout the entire series.But that's one important attribute of korean melodramas,the blood and thunder ,stagy and overdone execution of its characters .Soo Mi,for one.

Also many times,like Equator Man we are given flat heroine characters,put there just to form a loveline with the protagonist.But individually,they lack persona.(tho i hope i am wrong about JW..).

I think if one is familiar with the style & can bring themselves to appreciate the format of melodramas..this could be the 'it' drama for you.I personally enjoy EM not just because of the good acting but also because I appreciate the sometimes present dimensions of reality,toppled with the exaggerated aspects of the show.

But while at that,I do understand why some might complain about the lack of inventiveness. ;)

thank you for those lovey photos!JW looks gorgeous!

So happy with the ratings,don't think i've seen such tight competition between dramas during the timeslot. :lol:

my take with the writers lacking creativity issue is this.Many korean melodrama writers tend to stick to a specific earnest melody , tone and context throughout the entire series.But that's one important attribute of korean melodramas,the blood and thunder ,stagy and overdone execution of its characters .Soo Mi,for one.

Also many times,like Equator Man we are given flat heroine characters,put there just to form a loveline with the protagonist.But individually,they lack persona.(tho i hope i am wrong about JW..).

I think if one is familiar with the style & can bring themselves to appreciate the format of melodramas..this could be the 'it' drama for you.I personally enjoy EM not just because of the good acting but also because I appreciate the sometimes present dimensions of reality,toppled with the exaggerated aspects of the show.

But while at that,I do understand why some might complain about the lack of inventiveness. ;)

actually JW does have her own story only it is in the background she has her revenge against president Jin and her family thing not obvious what she will do but Jang II saw her reading civil cases books and in civil cases individuals ask for compensation for damages

I just saw that in the preview for 12 Sunwoo is hugging Somi .. he is very modern guy

ep 12 preview

SW; will soon be able to recover

president Jin : prosecutor lee... you clean the mess ..although I did the trading still want you to do it ????

JW; prosecutor lee?

SW; we were close once long time ago

SW;I know your father.. at that time it was the decision of your father and the president

this looks like the accident scene

JI ; or else I should marry Somi later

poor Jang II no wonder he was crying lol

Guest dabdi

well I dont agree unless she was a shaman like her father it is not possible that she is able to know how the whole thing was done exactly scene by scene besides if you read the synopsis you will see it is written that she was a eye witness maybe the letter showed her that Sunwoo knew anyway we cant be completely sure yet and there is a small possibility that u r right

and crazy obsessive chicks do exist after all in all kinds and shapes starting from some of the crazy fan girls with all the death threats and stalking and ending with women murdering men cause they would not respond to them and obsession does not really need a reason they might imagine the whole thing but here she is not crazy in out of control crazy she obviously very clear headed and she knows what she is doing

It can be that I'm wrong with this thing. I didn't remember that in the synopsis was that she witnessed...

Well I'm curious about it.:huh: 

my take with the writers lacking creativity issue is this.Many korean melodrama writers tend to stick to a specific earnest melody , tone and context throughout the entire series.But that's one important attribute of korean melodramas,the  blood and thunder ,stagy and overdone execution of its characters .Soo Mi,for one.

Hey@ gorres, I really appreciate your comments and as far as making the heroine one dimensional I so totally agree. But at the same time the writers of kdramas also use the psycho wench  just as frequently (which carry the same  delusional crazy   one dimensional aspect) I don't mind I still love to watch kdrama. I will watch a kdrama before I will watch an American drama just BECAUSE of their overdone stagy plot lines, so much angst and  melodrama  makes for good TV. Dramas like Sign and Padam padam , are for me, examples of great melodrama.They had fresh scripts and was very  well acted.  Plus I still as a woman love it when the guy gets the girl. (albeit through much hardship)biggrin.gif

Archived