Rating Episode 1 > average = 1,8% > to the peak = 1,9%

Rating Episode 2 > average = 2,2% > to the peak = 2,7%

thank you soooo much!!!

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

from enewsworld.com:

Lee Min Ki’s ‘Not in Love’ To Be Release

Is Lee Min Ki gearing up for full-fledged activities as a singer?

Lee showed off his vocal prowess in his recent drama appearance. Recently, he played the leader of rock band ‘Easy on the Eyes’ in tvN’s Shut Up: Flower Boy Band, where he performed Crystal Castles’ Not In Love and left a strong impression.

Lee has already showed off his talent as a musician by releasing an album combined electronic music with rock feels in 2009.

In the drama, he sang Not In Love in a Britpop style based on his own rendition of the song. He also added an electronica feel to the song using the effect of delay and distortion, despite being based on acoustic instrument.

Lee shared, “I know that people have a keen interest in the OST as music plays a big part in the drama. Please show your support for Not In Love, which reflects Lee Min Ki’s unique color.”

Meanwhile, Flower Boy Band is a 16 episode teen romance, which covers teenagers’ friendship, love and passion for music. It airs every Monday and Tuesday, at 11:00 pm and the original sound track, that will feature other cast members, as well as Easy on the Eyes will be released in order starting from February 6.

Min Ki performing "Not in Love" at his B-day fan meeting in January: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3I91rOvVYKg

Guest jessikai

everything about this drama is just perfect;

T__T it's only two episodes in but i'm completely enamored and obsessed with all the characters already; for some reason it appeals to me a lot more than ramen shop did; for one I actually like Su Ah's character, she's not too "sassy", but she's not exactly a push over either (when she stands up to jihyuk) there's something about her voice i don't really like, she sounds too gentle during some of the scenes, but Im really loving her chemistry with the other actors (how she doesnt really agree with eui chul's mentality on the guys in Eye Candy)

there's so much more I want to comment on t__t like hajin and the other guys bromance/height difference LOL

I think it's interesting myungsoo is getting so much attention ._. in the drama because he's really not a key player

and idek, personally for me, the other characters are a lot more interesting (he's doing a really good job tho)

the end of episode two just killed me, i can't believe the cruelty of the rival band, they're really villains here, like the writers didn't even give them an ounce of any redeemable quality. i hope suah will see through their nice guy act and show her wrath; we know she already has a soft spot for jihyuk and byunghee hehe, also THE FACT THAT they repeated the scene where the band is watching byunghee slept on the pool table DESTROYED MY HEART COMPLETELY, because it serves as such a reminder that byunghee was the driving force of the band, he was like their mascot/spirit leader, and i love that in the previews the boys are coming together to preserve what they had despite being so completely torn that their leader is gone.

this drama is perfect.

that is all

Yeah, I'm completely addicted to this drama already, which is rare for me since the first 2 episodes of dramas are usually meh for me.

I like Su Ah's character, but I'm not entirely sold on her acting yet. I know she's a newbie though, as are many of the other actors in this drama. Oddly enough, I don't mind it though. I think the director is doing a good job directing them, and it helps that the chemistry between the cast is good. When all of the boys are together, it's easy to overlook any holes in the acting. I have to say though, that Lee Min Ki definitely helped in bringing the acting skill up a notch. I'm a bit worried how the others will compensate when he's gone. I'm also a little excited though, because I see potential in them, especially Ji Hyuk.

Oh, and the reason you see so many people spazzing over Myungsoo is because so many Infinite fans are watching this drama just for him. Don't mind them lol. I'm a fan of Infinite too, but I find the other characters (Byunghee and Jihyuk especially) more captivating. I would never continue watching a bad drama just for my idol. I'm watching this because I actually really love everything about it. The chemistry, the story, the mood, the music...and yes, the eye candy (although that actually only plays a small role in the scheme of things). I also love the diversity of the camera shots.

But yeah, I can't wait til Monday. So addicted *___*

Guest wonnie17

Oh, and the reason you see so many people spazzing over Myungsoo is because so many Infinite fans are watching this drama just for him. Don't mind them lol. I'm a fan of Infinite too, but I find the other characters (Byunghee and Jihyuk especially) more captivating. I would never continue watching a bad drama just for my idol. I'm watching this because I actually really love everything about it. The chemistry, the story, the mood, the music...and yes, the eye candy (although that actually only plays a small role in the scheme of things). I also love the diversity of the camera shots.

But yeah, I can't wait til Monday. So addicted *___*

A lot of infinite fans are watching! :D personally i find him the most handsome in the band.. and a lot of infinite fans too.. you can thank them too because i think they contribute a lot to the high ratings for this cable drama! :) This drama was also featured in allkpop a lot of times because of him :)

it is shocking to see that this tread isn't crowded as expected.

woaa, im really in love with this drama. this drama makes me forget about the other 2 Mon Tue dramas, History of Salaryman & Dream High 2.

Gosh, i feel like crying to see my favorite character dies too easy.

i want Lee Min Ki Moooaarr. jebaaallll.

Dramabeans mention this in their recap, and I totally agree with them: they had to kill off Byung Hee-well, only because Lee Minki is a cameo, not our lead, sadly-because our boys will go to the end of the earth just for him. It didn't matter where he would've gone: jail, out of country-an asylum-out boys would've follow him. Because he was their leader. This was the only way the drama was able to cleanly cut Lee Minki out. I thought, before I watched the drama, that Byunghee was going to get famous and abandon the band. Thank goodness, it's not like that. Also, I think this is good for our boys. They will realize now more than ever, that this is their dreams, they're going to live it out, get famous, and get rich-hopefully. And they will try to fulfill that dream because Byunghee is unable to.

I'm a big fan of Infinite. Myungsoo is probably almost last on my bias list, but I'm not watching this drama for him. I'm watching it because I think the premises is a lot better than Dream High 2, which I still have to check out. I actually think he can do a bit better. His lines need to come out more naturally. Who else felt like Lee Minki was drunk the whole two episodes? I'm going to miss him. And yes, Jisol, that last moment ripped out my heart, too. ;(

Guest changminini

How infuriating.. I see all these comments about episode 2 and how it will end like... I'm only scanning the comments but I know what's gonna happen and yet I can't watch it yet! :( My laptop is displeased with me to not let me watch the 2nd episode with english subtitles... I guess I have to wait for it on Youtube... please upload soon~

This show is too good.. I can't focus on my studies because of it. Yay! <3 HWATING you flower boys! <3

Dramabeans mention this in their recap, and I totally agree with them: they had to kill off Byung Hee-well, only because Lee Minki is a cameo, not our lead, sadly-because our boys will go to the end of the earth just for him. It didn't matter where he would've gone: jail, out of country-an asylum-out boys would've follow him. Because he was their leader. This was the only way the drama was able to cleanly cut Lee Minki out. I thought, before I watched the drama, that Byunghee was going to get famous and abandon the band. Thank goodness, it's not like that. Also, I think this is good for our boys. They will realize now more than ever, that this is their dreams, they're going to live it out, get famous, and get rich-hopefully. And they will try to fulfill that dream because Byunghee is unable to.

I'm a big fan of Infinite. Myungsoo is probably almost last on my bias list, but I'm not watching this drama for him. I'm watching it because I think the premises is a lot better than Dream High 2, which I still have to check out. I actually think he can do a bit better. His lines need to come out more naturally. Who else felt like Lee Minki was drunk the whole two episodes? I'm going to miss him. And yes, Jisol, that last moment ripped out my heart, too. ;(

I love your comment! I felt like Lee Minki was acting while drunk (haha), but boy, did he do such a good job! I will really miss him/Byung-hee. He really channeled that "starving artist" energy in this role. I agree that they had to kill him off because how would the other boys find their own strengths if they were just following Byung-hee around wherever he went? I would like to see each of the boys come into their own. They all seem to have their different backgrounds/situations, although we didn't see much of Kyung-jong's/Kim Min-seok's character's background -- only that he's from Busan. As for the other guys, we have: Ji-hyuk who appears to have come from money but has rejected it even though some people in his family are trying to push him out for good; Hyun-soo who feels frustrated because he can't protect his parents from their mean nightclub boss; Do-il who keeps avoiding sleeping at home because of dad, as his mom touched on in ep 2; then Ha-jin, who doesn't really seem to have a problem, but his tidbit is that he can sweet talk any woman, including his noonas. There's lots of fertile ground to grow some really great side stories after the band gets a little more established. I really hope they kick Strawberry Fields' asses in that competition/festival that's coming up!

new here...

just finished watching both the first epis and i have to say I loved each n every second of the epi, except the very last moment of Epi#2.......i was STUNNED for that second and could not believe what just saw really happened so keep on watching and when the flashback was shown i thought oh ok it was just a dream but sadly it was not....and BH was not there in next epi preview, i kept on watching till last frame hoping some miracle will be there and he must be in hospital but again sadly I literally counted all boys in last scene to get the result that BH has gone and I'll be missing him badly.........

I havnt read all the comments on this thread other than last 2 comments before mine, and after reading those only I came to know that BH's character was just a cameo and not the lead.....and I have to say that I was impressed with him the MOST in these 2 epis...he was every where in this show while physically present or as a subject of someone else discussion............

when Ji Hyuk mentioned to other boys that "We have Byung Hee"...I could not imagine that in future they gonna lose their precious BH... and then we have to see them how they will get what they want t w/o BHs father figure..........

Also after BH is gone situation of all the 5 boys is like they are in a middle of a sea and their only saving grace BH is gone, so to survive and to reach to shore they have to put their 1000% in everything they are going to try to Survive in this world.........

Hope now these Eye Candy boys will become tougher and stronger to fight to achieve their Dreams....

No way did they just kill off the MOST interesting character...during the second episode it was hinted that he had a sad past, so that made him even more interesting.

"even when he smiles you can see the sadness"

Damn...I'm so upset he is dead!!!

And yikes the ratings are really low. Hope it picks up.

The rating is actually pretty high for a cable show

it is!!getting 1.0 is already amazing tbh that's why i'm super happy that koreans like it!!:D

Archived