[Drama 2012] Feast of the Gods 신들의 만찬

Admin

Guest kawaiiyuki

Ok now i'm confused like many of you. I thought LSW was the main male lead? But even if he isn't I'm ok as long as he gets the girl.blush.gif

I like how even though our lead girl didn't grow with her biological parents after she fell off the boat she's still interested in traditional korea cooking. I guess her mother's words stick with her and she intended on doing it no matter what. Maybe she hopes to find them again by entering the world of korean cooking.

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

yes sung yuri is the 'original' injoo, the 'real' daughter of the head chef at arirang. She does have a brother, but he somehow disappeared... (might make an appearance later on to complicate things?) jae-ha (played by JOO SANG WOOK) is the grandson of the head of Arirang and the 'real' injoo's childhood friend. And the other guy do yoon (LEE SANG WOO) is the son of the other rival lady who we saw in the first episode that battled injoo's mother in the competition. she holds a grudge against her because she blames her other son's death on injoo's mother.

whew. i thought i didn't confuse you! the relationships are kinda tangly.  :sweatingbullets:

if you're confused about the characters check out dramawiki. they have a chart too

http://wiki.d-addict...ast_of_the_Gods

AND.

ok people how about this, Joo Sang Wook and Lee Sang Woo are BOTH the main leads and they BOTH play important roles so I don't get why people are complaining about who is main and who is not...

Thank u very much :)... You explained it very good to me :) 

Yes I agree with u about the two male leads. However I'm rooting for Yuri and Sang Wook :)..The candy-eye couple. They are splendid together. Wish they become a real hit as well.

The 2nd lead girl is going to be very furious with Yuri cuz she will 'pick' everything from her. But does anybody know what those books mean???

Next week is going to be a very good episode :)

Guest antinh85

Ok now i'm confused like many of you. I thought LSW was the main male lead? But even if he isn't I'm ok as long as he gets the girl.blush.gif

I like how even though our lead girl didn't grow with her biological parents after she fell off the boat she's still interested in traditional korea cooking. I guess her mother's words stick with her and she intended on doing it no matter what. Maybe she hopes to find them again by entering the world of korean cooking.

^^ I know it's confusing when they did the promotions, Lee Sang Woo named was put after Yuri but Lee Sang Wook is the main lead.

I love Yuri's character. For the little girl who went through so much, she has such a strong will.

Guest starlight tears

If LSW is the main lead guy..So that means... the story goes that the real kids of the two chefs competing in the first episode

will eventually fall in love... so sad for JSW. As far as i know, JSW & SYR are not blood related.. thy also look good together.

I'll wait for more Doyon & Joyoung scene to be able to decide!

It seems like the relationships are going to a rectangle, instead of a triangle.  The fake In-Joo will come to love LSW, who is going to love Sung Yuri, who is going to love JSW, who loves the fake In-Joo.  :wacko:

I don't know how much of the melo I can take.  But, for now, the food preparation scenes are wonderful.  The knife work is truly impressive.  :D

It seems like the relationships are going to a rectangle, instead of a triangle.  The fake In-Joo will come to love LSW, who is going to love Sung Yuri, who is going to love JSW, who loves the fake In-Joo.  :wacko:

I don't know how much of the melo I can take.  But, for now, the food preparation scenes are wonderful.  The knife work is truly impressive.  :D

Hmm I think FAKE INJOO will love LSW, but be still possesive of JSW who will come to love SUNG YURI. And she will also love JSW. So both men fall for the same lead girl while second lead girl loves second male lead. Ok, if so then this storyline is unique. I like it when there is a love triangle between 2men and 1woman and not 2women and 1 man :P.

I cant wait for saturday. Want to watch the whole drama in one go.

And I agree with u Auntie Mame, the food scenes are done wonderful. Its so captivating with the music and suspense. I dont like fish, but when I saw that I suddenly wanted to eat it XD

It appears head grandmother also had competitor when she was training. She was her friend/competitor (wife of the grandfather) just like Injoo's mother and Do Yoon's mother. Grandfather's wife stole the recipe book that held the secret to making "jang". You can see in Ep. 3, that Injoo's mother tries to make perfect recipe for jang but she fails. Anyway, Grandfather's wife was hiding because of the book she stole. When she found out she had cancer, she tried to make the perfect "jang" but failed. Grandfather said, Joon Young helped his wife to make the "perfect jang" so that book belongs to Joon Young so he cannot give it to the head grandmother.

Although I like Jae Ha, I'm hoping Joon Young and Do Yoon would be the couple. Two friend/enemy/competitor's children will become couple and end this feud between the 2 mothers.

So happy that finally there's a drama I can watch on the weekend!

I'm curious.. What did grandfather tell to grandmother at the end of 4th episode?

Guest mtbluye

Joo Sang Wook is the main lead for the show so I'll probably think he will end up with Sung Yuri. ( But I've got to admit the fake InJoo is quite pitiful since everything that she has will be gone soon... hopefully there will be a happy ending for all characters)

My Summary for episode 3: ( I summarized out of sequence because I can't remember exactly which part the scene changes to another character)

From the ending of ep2, we know the foster father of In Joo (who is know as Junyoung now) called the real father.

So In Joo's father rushes to leave the house, fake In Joo (who was Seon Woo) knows that the call might mean he has found his daughter pours

water into the boiling pot of oil which caused her hand to get injured in the process. ( I know that sound so devious of her... but its understandable i guess). The father is prevented from leaving at once, having to bring his injured adopted daughter to the hospital

He leaves eventually after getting Jae Ha (childhood friend aka JSW's char) to accompany her. By the time he reaches the lighthouse where he was suppose to meet his long lost daughter, he's late. Junyoung, who had actually waited to see what he looked like, had left because of the news that her adoptive father had sold his house/shop and had left the island. So she ends up thinking that she had been abandoned by her dad, who lied to her about having a real dad.

Fast forward 10 years, (they have all grown up!!!)

fake In Joo (who I will call IJ from now, since its so confusing) is continuing in her mother's footsteps and learning how to manage Arirang.

We see a press conference going on and ex-competitor lady (aka LSW's mother) announced that she has found the second book of the 'Heavenly book of food' (omg I totally am bad at translating names...). The grand mentor of Arirang received a call from an old man who claimed that the book found by her ex-disciple is not the real book. She checks up on the call and calls Jae ha (JSW!!!!) who just arrived back from China.

She tells him to go to the island and check up on whether the old man really has the real book.

Jun Young (SYR) is still on the island, doing all sorts of jobs for people (fixing/operating a fishing boat). At the same time, the boat JaeHa is on passes by with him totally seasick, while trying to act alright. He goes to the old man's house and chances upon Jun young cooking. (JY is apparently working for the old man, cooking food for him). The old man sees Jae ha and asks him what's his purpose is. Jaeha then gets chased out by him after proposing to give him whatever he wants in exchange for the book. in the process he knocks over the food tray Jun young was carrying and gets food all over him (wahaha) Because of that he stays at the place while JY washes his clothes, resulting in a hilarious scene of him wearing the old man's clothes with his leather shoes. His grandmother aka grandmaster of Arirang refuses to allow him to return until he knows more about the book so Jaeha is stuck there trying to please the old man. Old man is asking for mudfish soup (the soup that reminds Jun young of bad memories..) Jaeha happily buys the fish and asks JY to help him cook it. She ends up flinging the bag of mudfish away and tells him to handle it by himself before storming away.

JH ends up chopping fire wood, in another attempt to please old scary man. of course being the Seoul city guy he fails horribly. JY comes back and felt apologetic about her behavior in the afternoon. He says that she must have been hurt by someone, and she answered saying someone gave her a bowl of mudfish soup and left ( JH thinks it must be some boyfriend who broke her heart) She teaches him to chop wood and JH is ends up being impressed with JY who seems to know how to do everything. The next day city guy is aching all over and JY helps him by sticking medicated plasters on his back, with old man coming in and scolding them for behaving inappropriately ahaha. Old man asks for another type of soup which leads JH and JY fishing in order to catch the fish for the soup.( JH literally begged JY to help him awwww)

On the other side in Seoul, we have In Joo clubbing. Do Yeon (LSW's char) is also there with his friend who works at Arrirang. His friend sees the lady dancing and decides to go start a conversion, not knowing that she is In Joo. IJ notices him coming and realize how bad it would be if her identify was exposed (successors of famous restaurants do not club...). She escapes by using Do Yeon as a shield. She makes him lend her his jacket since she ran out without hers and before leaving tells him her name by shouting: Remember there is someone in Seoul named Song Yeon Woo who is 27 years old!

Unknownst to her, DY joins Arrirang as the kitchen maknae! (Awkward much in the future)

IJ also decides to take things into her own hands by calling in on Ex-competitor/DY's mother/jealous owner of a restaurant that sells Western food/woman who apparently found the second book. She tells her that she will collaborate with their company as a representative of Arrirang in order to officially celebrate the returning of the second book. (she does this because she wants to get the book back from that woman)

Back on the island: As we know JH and water don't mesh well so he's puking as usual. JY helps him relief his sea sickness and every things all happy until JY receives a call. grumpy old man says that JY's father ( gambling fake father) is back on the island! Episode ends...

End of my summary.

If anyone needs a summary for episode 4 do holla

I hope its my summaries help because I do think this show has potential (despite the storyline being oh so not original) and I love JSW+SYR collaboration!!!

If anyone needs any clarification, I would be glad to help as well:)

So instead of Fashion 70s we have Food 2012. We also have our hero/heroine first meeting at some island or something. So two guys fall for main girl aka the real daughter then the fake evil daughter falls for the main guy. I'm in this mainly for LSW but since he isn't he main guy so it's too bad that he won't get the girl. Will try a few more eps though.

Thanks mtbluye for the summaries. They're very helpful as I have been following this by watching the RAW version on tv and viki's partially subbed version on the internet at the same time.

Things are really starting to heat up and I'm really enjoying the playful chemistry between the OTP. I feel sorry for the fake Injoo but her choice to go the dark side will result in consequences from her own choices.

The second male lead, while really cute, is scarred emotionally. Hopefully, they will reveal what really happened the night of that fateful competition to him and and his brother.

Also, I can't understand why the master would allow the cheater to have a rematch when she doesn't deserve it. Sympathy for the death of her son?

Joo Sang Wook is the main lead for the show so I'll probably think he will end up with Sung Yuri. ( But I've got to admit the fake InJoo is quite pitiful since everything that she has will be gone soon... hopefully there will be a happy ending for all characters)

My Summary for episode 3: ( I summarized out of sequence because I can't remember exactly which part the scene changes to another character)

From the ending of ep2, we know the foster father of In Joo (who is know as Junyoung now) called the real father.

So In Joo's father rushes to leave the house, fake In Joo (who was Seon Woo) knows that the call might mean he has found his daughter pours

water into the boiling pot of oil which caused her hand to get injured in the process. ( I know that sound so devious of her... but its understandable i guess). The father is prevented from leaving at once, having to bring his injured adopted daughter to the hospital

He leaves eventually after getting Jae Ha (childhood friend aka JSW's char) to accompany her. By the time he reaches the lighthouse where he was suppose to meet his long lost daughter, he's late. Junyoung, who had actually waited to see what he looked like, had left because of the news that her adoptive father had sold his house/shop and had left the island. So she ends up thinking that she had been abandoned by her dad, who lied to her about having a real dad.

fake In Joo (who I will call IJ from now, since its so confusing) is continuing in her mother's footsteps and learning how to manage Arirang.

We see a press conference going on and ex-competitor lady (aka LSW's mother)  announced that she has found the second book of the 'Heavenly book of food' (omg I totally am bad at translating names...). The grand mentor of Arirang received a call from an old man who claimed that the book found by her ex-disciple is not the real book. She checks up on the call and calls Jae ha (JSW!!!!) who just arrived back from China.

She tells him to go to the island and check up on whether the old man really has the real book.

Jun Young (SYR) is still on the island, doing all sorts of jobs for people (fixing/operating a fishing boat). At the same time, the boat JaeHa is on passes by with him totally seasick, while trying to act alright. He goes to the old man's house and chances upon Jun young cooking. (JY is apparently working for the old man, cooking food for him). The old man sees Jae ha and asks him what's his purpose is. Jaeha then gets chased out by him after proposing to give him whatever he wants in exchange for the book. in the process he knocks over the food tray Jun young was carrying and gets food all over him (wahaha) Because of that he stays at the place while JY washes his clothes, resulting in a hilarious scene of him wearing the old man's clothes with his leather shoes. His grandmother aka grandmaster of Arirang refuses to allow him to return until he knows more about the book so Jaeha is stuck there trying to please the old man. Old man is asking for mudfish soup (the soup that reminds Jun young of bad memories..) Jaeha happily buys the fish and asks JY to help him cook it. She ends up flinging the bag of mudfish away and tells him to handle it by himself before storming away.

JH ends up chopping fire wood, in another attempt to please old scary man. of course being the Seoul city guy he fails horribly. JY comes back and felt apologetic about her behavior in the afternoon. He says that she must have been hurt by someone, and she answered saying someone gave her a bowl of mudfish soup and left ( JH thinks it must be some boyfriend who broke her heart) She teaches him to chop wood and JH is ends up being impressed with JY who seems to know how to do everything. The next day city guy is aching all over and JY helps him by sticking medicated plasters on his back, with old man coming in and scolding them  for behaving inappropriately ahaha. Old man asks for another type of soup which leads JH and JY fishing in order to catch the fish for the soup.( JH literally begged JY to help him awwww)

On the other side in Seoul, we have In Joo clubbing. Do Yeon (LSW's char) is also there with his friend who works at Arrirang. His friend sees the lady dancing and decides to go start a conversion, not knowing that she is In Joo. IJ notices him coming and realize how bad it would be if her identify was exposed (successors of famous restaurants do not club...). She escapes by using Do Yeon as a shield. She makes him lend her his jacket since she ran out without hers and before leaving tells him her name by shouting: Remember there is someone in Seoul named Song Yeon Woo who is 27 years old!

Unknownst to her, DY joins Arrirang as the kitchen maknae! (Awkward much in the future)

IJ also decides to take things into her own hands by calling in on Ex-competitor/DY's mother/jealous owner of a restaurant that sells Western food/woman who apparently found the second book. She tells her that she will collaborate with their company as a representative of Arrirang in order to officially celebrate the returning of the second book. (she does this because she wants to get the book back from that woman)

Back on the island: As we know JH and water don't mesh well so he's puking as usual. JY helps him relief his sea sickness and every things all happy until JY receives a call. grumpy old man says that JY's father ( gambling fake father)  is back on the island! Episode ends...

End of my summary.

I hope its my summaries help because I do think this show has potential (despite the storyline being oh so not original) and I love JSW+SYR collaboration!!!

THANK YOU!  Your summaries are great because they contain all the salient points.  I, for one, would appreciate any and all summaries that you share with us.  :D

Guest antinh85

Hmm I think FAKE INJOO will love LSW, but be still possesive of JSW who will come to love SUNG YURI. And she will also love JSW. So both men fall for the same lead girl while second lead girl loves second male lead. Ok, if so then this storyline is unique. I like it when there is a love triangle between 2men and 1woman and not 2women and 1 man :P.

I cant wait for saturday. Want to watch the whole drama in one go.

And I agree with u Auntie Mame, the food scenes are done wonderful. Its so captivating with the music and suspense. I dont like fish, but when I saw that I suddenly wanted to eat it XD

I had same thoughts on how the love lines will play out. I feel bad for LSW's character already knowing there is a possibility he might not end up with anyone at the end. Fake Insoo will be evil later on but i hope she realizes her mistakes and they can end up together so everyone is happy.

I love that they gave us so much scenes in the preview. Looks like we are getting more YR adn LSW's moments....love love..My favorite is still JSW but i love her interactions with both guy. I think Yuri acting has gotten so much better or just maybe i like her character here better than other series.

I wish they would cut the story down to 20ep. 30 is too lengthy for this type of story. I thought i would be free on my weekend days after Ojakgyo brothers but i found another muse..sigh...

a8.jpg

Newbie in this thread and I just started to watch it last night.. :D

I have a clarification because I never really watched the first two episodes, I started backwards.. hehheh!

So the Mom in the left pic is the biological mother of JY and the poster mother of fake In Joo while the lady in the right (the one who found the book) is the mother of LSW's character??? Am I right?

I love JSW and I am glad that they didn't take the "thorn bird" path. :wub::wub:

Guest texashot

We see a press conference going on and ex-competitor lady (aka LSW's mother) announced that she has found the second book of the 'Heavenly book of food' (omg I totally am bad at translating names...). The grand mentor of Arirang received a call from an old man who claimed that the book found by her ex-disciple is not the real book. She checks up on the call and calls Jae ha (JSW!!!!) who just arrived back from China.

JH ends up chopping fire wood, in another attempt to please old scary man. of course being the Seoul city guy he fails horribly. JY comes back and felt apologetic about her behavior in the afternoon. He says that she must have been hurt by someone, and she answered saying someone gave her a bowl of mudfish soup and left ( JH thinks it must be some boyfriend who broke her heart) She teaches him to chop wood and JH is ends up being impressed with JY who seems to know how to do everything. The next day city guy is aching all over and JY helps him by sticking medicated plasters on his back, with old man coming in and scolding them for behaving inappropriately ahaha. Old man asks for another type of soup which leads JH and JY fishing in order to catch the fish for the soup.( JH literally begged JY to help him awwww)

Back on the island: As we know JH and water don't mesh well so he's puking as usual. JY helps him relief his sea sickness and every things all happy until JY receives a call. grumpy old man says that JY's father ( gambling fake father) is back on the island! Episode ends...

End of my summary.

thank you so much.....please if you have time, do summary for episode 4.

Hey guys , how are you all ?. Okay erm this show is verrrryyyy confusing lol, why is the second lead being called fake injoo ? isnt she the real injoo? is SYR the YW ?. Also some mentioned a few pages back that LSW is helping his sister unknowingly , who is his sister?. Srry to ask so many questions , its just im reading everyones post and getting really confused. :phew:

Hey guys , how are you all ?. Okay erm this show is verrrryyyy confusing lol, why is the second lead being called fake injoo ? isnt she the real injoo? is SYR the YW ?. Also some mentioned a few pages back that LSW is helping his sister unknowingly , who is his sister?. Srry to ask so many questions , its just im reading everyones post and getting really confused.  :phew:

Because the 2nd lead, Hyun Jin is the fake Injoo and SYR is the real Injoo. They were switched when they were young. SYR (Real Injoo) fell of the cruise ship and due to the shock of loosing her daughter, Injoo's mom mistakened Song Yeon Woo (who is currently playing fake Injoo) as her real daughter who was crying and wandering around looking for her own mother. Plus she was wearing Real Injoo (SYR)'s necklace that her mother gave her before she fell off the ship. Injoo's father asked Yeon Woo to pretend to be Injoo for his wife's sake. So since then Yeon Woo grew up as Injoo and the real Injoo, SYR grew up as Go Joon Young.

Archived