[Drama 2012] Feast of the Gods 신들의 만찬

Admin

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest texashot

Haven't recapped in a while, here's a summary for the first two episodes, if interested: http://www.avirtualvoyage.net/2012/02/recap-feast-of-the-gods-episode-1-2.html :)

Love the uniforms at the restaurant Do Yoon (Lee Sang Woo) joins. Am I supposed to look at the food or...the employees?

Can you tell me the color, why the employees wore diff. color? What is the purpose?

Because the 2nd lead, Hyun Jin is the fake Injoo and SYR is the real Injoo. They were switched when they were young. SYR (Real Injoo) fell of the cruise ship and due to the shock of loosing her daughter, Injoo's mom mistakened Song Yeon Woo (who is currently playing fake Injoo) as her real daughter who was crying and wandering around looking for her own mother. Plus she was wearing Real Injoo (SYR)'s necklace that her mother gave her before she fell off the ship. Injoo's father asked Yeon Woo to pretend to be Injoo for his wife's sake. So since then Yeon Woo grew up as Injoo and the real Injoo, SYR grew up as Go Joon Young.

oo okay , now i get it lol. Thanx for explaining it to me , i thought that SYR was goin to be playing YW the girl whos mother died trying to save In joo. So JSW will end up with SYR ? or isnt it known who shell end up with . Anyways thanx alot for replying :D . Im just going to wait untill SYR and JSW start liking each other , hopefully it will be both of them liking each other not just JSW liking her .

Guest alicechen

Can you tell me the color, why the employees wore diff. color? What is the purpose?

I think the different colors represent their ranks/status in the kitchen. Most of new/lowest-ranked employees have the beautiful zeal color (Such as Do Yoon and the two ajummas arguing). While the ones with more authority (like a chef) has the red (or another color I haven't seen all yet) collar. blush.gif

I felt kind of funny watching ep 4 where the main girl met so many coincidences all at once so that she would end up on stage showing her skills. The silliest is still how she was made to show her skills in the kitchen. (Okay I get it that it was a really really big deal being able to cut beef (for the first time) and fish in the culinary world.) What's up with Dr. Allen I mean Sean Richards being in there without saying one big line so far? That is just wrong. The preview shows main girl saw main guy hugging fake evil daughter so she's heart broken and shall elope with guy-with-traumatized-childhood LSW. Well, at least the latter is what I hope will happen.

Guest chancy426

Beautiful stills & I love the premise of the story. Family Honor & New Tales of Gisaeng really captured my attention, so this one is definite watch for me as soon as I make time. I just found this drama after looking at other drama info on hancinema. It seems like I'm really following grandpa Shin Goo. =)

Just started watching this drama and only on episode 2. So I'm a little confused. So they are making it seem like Go Joon Young is the real Ha In Joo. But if she is the real Ha In Joo. Why isn't she going by the name of Son Yeon Woo? Cuz they basically switched places right?

Guest mtbluye

Just started watching this drama and only on episode 2. So I'm a little confused. So they are making it seem like Go Joon Young is the real Ha In Joo. But if she is the real Ha In Joo. Why isn't she going by the name of Son Yeon Woo? Cuz they basically switched places right?

they didn't switch places. Yeon Woo took her place thats for sure but YW's mother who saved In Joo from falling, died in the process

They didn't say how but In Joo was found by another couple right at the docks and so she's called Joon Young :)

they didn't switch places. Yeon Woo took her place thats for sure but YW's mother who saved In Joo from falling, died in the process

They didn't say how but In Joo was found by another couple right at the docks and so she's called Joon Young :)

Hmmm. So there was a part where the foster dad says to her after he smacks her, "If it wasn't for you, your mom wouldn't have gotten that serious illness." So I guess it was just coincidence that the foster mom and Song Yeon Woo's mom both got serious diseases and died? Also I am guessing she goes by Joon Young cuz she doesn't remember her real name is In Joo? And the picture in the locket is the foster mom? They made the story awfully confusing and failed to do a good job of explaining. But I still like it so far. Plus I love Sung Yuri. I just wished they told more of the story of when they were teens. That only lasted one episode. I like the characters that played In Joo (the chick from Real School) and also the girl that played Joon Young.

Guest antinh85

oo okay , now i get it lol. Thanx for explaining it to me , i thought that SYR was goin to be playing YW the girl whos mother died trying to save In joo. So JSW will end up with SYR ? or isnt it known who shell end up with . Anyways thanx alot for replying :D . Im just going to wait untill SYR and JSW start liking each other , hopefully it will be both of them liking each other not just JSW liking her .

I think right now it's more like SYR having one sided love for JSW. JSW loves the Fake Insoo since young and they are kind of dating. The preview shows in the next episode SYR crying seeing them together. I think he won't start liking her until the later half of the series. Though i think the Fake Insoo will like LSW later but he likes SYR. Thus the complicated love lines.

I was hoping he likes her first, seems more fun that way.

I have watched all the 4 epis raw and basically understand bits here & there, thanks to summary & recap given by soompiers. I like the food fest, I love to see the actors but somehow lost my logic in this one too. When the two girls were "switch" they are around at least 5-6 years old, how can you just forget how is your daughter's, or neighbour's or friend's look straight away? Secondly, you also have pictures to compare if need to. It's so obviously confusing yet I still want to see it. :sweatingbullets:

Guest mtbluye

Well its a tv drama after all, so I guess we have to believe somehow ppl didn't ask why her daughter looked so different. I guess they did try to explain it away by saying she went overseas to study until she was in her late teens

Okay on to my episode 4 summary:

Last time we saw JY receiving her call that her father is back in the island. She rushes back to the island and confronts her father who is trying to secretly leave by boat. He refuses to acknowledge her until she starts hysterically calling him. He finally asks how she was and states that she didn't grow taller. She tells him that how could she have grown taller with the news that her father has lied to her, sold the house and left her. He tells her that it was her real father who abandon her not him. She begs him to stay with him for a meal. He says he has someone waiting for him (his new wife) so he wants her to treat her as already being dead. She tells him that she has waited for 10 years but he doesn't listen but tells her to let him go if she has a conscience. He leaves her crying. JY receives a call from an auntie who says that it seems that the purpose of her father coming back was because he was cash strapped. He was looking to sell the land where his wife was buried. (Poor JY!)

JH sees all this and follows JY, who has walked to the fields where she remembered how her father abandoned her all those years back.

JH goes back to the old man's house and tells his assistant that he will be back ( he's in charge of the event IJ is holding). He told the old man that he's given up. The old man says if she (JH's grandma) is sincere about wanting to know about the book she should make the trip. JH realizes JY has not been back. He goes into her room and sees the date she circled and titled 'papa's birthday'. He goes back to the field and sees JY still there in the same spot where he last saw her. He goes up to her and asks her why is she still there, she's going to catch a cold. JY says she can't move. JH realizes she's fallen ill already. He piggybacks her while JY tells her about her past- about being abandoned by her father and how it felt that the world had become pitch black when he left. JH tries to bring the mood up by saying that the air is really good here. JY answers' aren't they all tasty? the air, the scenery, the snow' JH stops in his step, he remembers when he piggybacked IJ all those years ago she had said the exact same words. But he brushes it aside ( JH thinks that he's dating the same IJ who is his childhood playmate) [so epic!!!!]

The next day JY wakes up and seems to have recovered from her cold. She asks old man where JH is and is told he's left after being told that he can't have the book. JY gets angry demanding to know why didn't he just give JH the book. After he outburst she explains since he's help to catch chickens and cut wood he should deserve the book ( I see the sparks!!!!). She receives a call and its JH calling which makes her all happy haha. He asks whether she has recovered. JY gets over he shock and asks whether he is in Seoul already, he told her he's in Busan. He also tells her to take down her number as seen in the caller id and to contact him if she comes to Seoul. JY goes to find the book after remembering she chanced upon it a while back. The next thing we know JY is in Busan, arriving at the hotel where JH is at. SInce she came from an island not a city she immediately feels conscious about her attire. She sees this caravan with tinted glass and used it to adjust her hair. Unknowst to her DY (LSW's char) is resting inside. He notices her and opens the door smack right into her face. JY ducks and gets pissed hhahaha. She confronts him at how rude he was saying that he obviously knows she was using his window, so he shouldn't open the door so suddenly. At the same time she spots JH and immediately forgets all her anger. JH asks her what is she doing at Busan. JY shows him the book and tells him to use it and return it to her because she took it without permission. JH does not want to take something stolen and tells her to return it, then leaves after receiving a call about IJ getting

hurt. JY is left disappointed and sad.

The reason why IJ is hurt is because of the appearance of DY. We know he's Arrirang's new kitchen maknae but IJ hasn't seen him. When JH and IJ were taking a break and catching up with each other ( they're a couple...for now) DY walks up to them and asks JH where to find IJ (whom he didn't know was YW). IJ sees DY when he was approaching and rushes off to the kitchen. After DY arrives at the kitchen IJ gets very distracted because she remembered that she told DY her real name and age (DY is actually quite nonchalant about it, only asking for his jacket back). So while cutting meat she cuts her fingers as well.

IJ's fingers are quite badly hurt so when JH sees it he tells her that she is in no condition to continue at the moment. However no one else in the kitchen is able to cut the meat except IJ and the vice-head chef of Sanarae who IJ had reprimanded for doing a sloppy job which resulted in him leaving. JH thought of JY and calls her immediately. He tells IJ that JY will be able to do it. Even though it is her first time, JY cuts all the meat perfectly much to everyone's amazement. She also helps around after that to joy of everyone at the kitchen. BS (DY's mum/Sanarae's boss) notices JY's talents. IJ stills insist on personally doing the demonstration later on and BS tells her that she will allow her on one condition. she points to JY, who was leaving, and states that she has to assist.

At the demonstration, everyone arrives including Arrirang's head aka IJ's mother. IJ tries to gut the fish but because of her injury fails persistently. BS takes control of the situation and states that IJ is unwell so JY will do it instead. At this point IJ's mother walks away in shame.

JY is really nervous, with all the attention on her. JH comforts her with a 'hwaiting' and she starts regaining her confidence. IJ swallows her pride and explains while JY does all the work. JH's granny aka Arirang's great master arrives after meeting the old man. Oh the reason why he has the book is because his wife was once a disciple of Arirang along with the grand master but left after not being able to beat her. They had the same rivalry as BS and IJ's mother. She hated grandmaster the most but at her deathbed wanted to see her the most. He tells her that the book belongs to someone already- JY. JY has already mastered how to make the best sauce even without referring to the book and this helped his wife survived 3 more years after being diagnosed with cancer....

DOne!!!! This show has sooo many details that I have no idea what to omit LOL

The next preview looks exciting:

IT seems JY will realize JH and IJ are dating and becomes really upset..

At which point DY was the one who accompanied her

I see a love rectangle~~~~~

Guest tristiele

just started to watch this drama and I'm loving it so far. Do u guys know where I could find the OST for this drama? I love the song played when Yuri was waiting for her foster Dad.

I have a question, in episode 4 while grandma is watching JY do the demonstration, there is a narration. Can somebody please translate it? I am really curious whether she foresees her to be the next Arirang's executive chef or because she somewhat reminds her of the child IJ. I remember when she first saw the fake IJ, she told her that she doesn't have any resemblance with the little IJ.

Thanks in advance!

I don't know if JH and fake IJ is really dating at this point but I would like to believe that it is more of a brotherly-sisterly love. Poor JY, seeing him hugging IJ... tears.giftears.gif

BTW, why almost all korean dramas involved birth secrets and most of the leads have been abandoned or lost then will have a hardship just to take their rightful place back..

Guest mtbluye

I have a question, in episode 4 while grandma is watching JY do the demonstration, there is a narration. Can somebody please translate it? I am really curious whether she foresees her to be the next Arirang's executive chef or because she somewhat reminds her of the child IJ. I remember when she first saw the fake IJ, she told her that she doesn't have any resemblance with the little IJ.

Thanks in advance!

I don't know if JH and fake IJ is really dating at this point but I would like to believe that it is more of a brotherly-sisterly love. Poor JY, seeing him hugging IJ... tears.giftears.gif

BTW, why almost all korean dramas involved birth secrets and most of the leads have been abandoned or lost then will have a hardship just to take their rightful place back..

The narration basically goes like this:

'This will be the first and the last time the book will be displayed to the world

When my wife had been diagnosed with stomach cancer, the child (referring to JY) wanted to try to make Arirang's sauce

The more she failed, the stronger she became

If the child was not there, I would not have been able to even close my eyes for a moment

Thanks to her sauce, my wife lived 3 more years

Therefore this book should belong to her'

Ya I'm pretty sure the grandma will make JY the next chef. Besides the fact they will find out her birthright sooner or later, JY is gifted

And JH and IJ are really dating... Its understandable since JH always thought IJ to be the same girl he knew since he was 5 ( but u know fake IJ is allergic to chocolates c/f real IJ who loves chocolate... )

Hey guys, just watch two ep but i think im going to like this drama. Though, the motif exchange in the childhood can be very tough but it will be interesting also.

Yu ri had a brother and his name is In Ho. Jsw is not brother of anyone. So its ok for him to love any girl. And i believe that jsw and yuri will end up together. In fact, jsw already like yuri when they were young. Right now, maybe he dated with fake injoo but because that he follow his affection in the past. I like lsw also, he played the second guy at most of drama. This one can be the same. Poor him.

The fake injoo is pity but everything do not belong to her. The family did not own her anything, she should not be that greedy, she played a fake daughter but they also gave her the best, saved her life.

Ps: the king of ballad Lee Seung Chul will sing tthe ost? Great! A very excellent voice!

Guest seventh_red_devil

Well, I think it would be a pleasant surprise if YR end up with LSW. He first cares for her and she feels pitiful for him, then they share the fun in cooking, share the joy, the sadness, as time goes by they will fall in love.

I would like to see JSW and the fake In Joo together too. Probably the fake In Joo will lose everything she has now so at least, she should have a good man with her then.

Archived