[Drama 2012] Feast of the Gods 신들의 만찬

Admin

Guest texashot

This is my brief summary of the 1st episode, hope that it answers some questions

This is what I got from watching the chinese subtitles

****Spoilers ahead******

The first episode showed In Joo with her family at the cruise (she's the girl wearing the pink sweater and having the necklace)

Yeon woo was the girl in the green sweater with her mum. So her Mum brought her on the cruise as a farewell trip ( since she found out she got cancer and so planned the suicide)

In Joo's mother slit her wrists after being given the ultimatum by her husband, to choose him or her job. In Joo saw her mother with her slit wrist, panicked, and ran up to the deck. On the deck was Yeon woo's mother who was about to jump off the boat. In Joo slipped and the lady, being reminded of her own daughter, jumped to save her.

so In Joo and Yeon Woo's mother are both missing. They did a search but could only find the corpse of Yeon woo's mother. In Joo's mother went hysterical and so went back to the port where the cruise was and found Yeon woo wearing In Joo's necklace. She insisted that yeon woo was In Joo and brought her back home. In Joo's father read the letter that yeon woo's mum left in her jacket which stated that she hope that whoever found her would take care of her daughter and so it led to him telling yeon woo that from this day on she will be known as In Joo.

Oh and for those who are wondering who Joo sang wook and Lee sang woo play:

Joo sang wook plays the grandson of the 'master' of Arirang restaurant. He basically was a childhood playmate with In Joo

Lee sang woo plays the son of the lady who was battling with In Joo's mother to be the next head of Arirang. In the first episode, you can see him calling his mother telling her to come home and saying he will die if she doesn't get back.

I hope I didn't get anything wrong:)

Thank you so much. It help me understand now. If you could continue do the next episode before the weekend, it will us a lot ( if you have time).

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest mtbluye

Episode 2 summary: (before i forget)

****Spoilers ahead****

Fast forward 12 years and we see In Joo ( previously YW) all grown up. She had been overseas for a long time supposedly for studies. when she reaches home she meets the previous head of Arirang (I'm just going to call her grandma but they are not blood relations). Grandma laments that she does not look the same as when she was young. In Joo does not forget that she was originally Yeon woo. She also meets Jae ha ( who is going to be played by Joo Sang Wook) who tries to make her remember their times together as playmates ( which obviously she won't remember since she's not IJ)

We also see Joon Young, a girl adopted by a drunkard who runs this shop selling fish shop ( my mandarin is limited so I have no idea what fish it is, catfish i assume?). Her father became a drunkard after the death of his wife who died of an illness. He is also a habitual gambler and once after reaching home to find money, he discovers a notice about a missing girl. He of course realizes that Joon young = In Joo, the missing girl. the fact that his deceased wife had kept the pamphlet meant that she knew that In Joo's family were looking for her but she did not take any action. He takes this to mean that it had to be the stress of this matter that caused her to fall ill and die.

In Joo/ YW, who is studying conscientiously about food, went to her father's study and found a box containing girls accessories. She also finds a picture of the real In Joo. Her father walks in and gets really angry at her telling her not to touch his things. She goes back to her rooms and gets angry remembering her father saying all those years ago that everything belongs to her but apparently not everything does.

Drunkard dad calls the number on the pamphlet and In Joo/YW picks up the phone, vehemently denying the fact they lost their daughter. she also unplugs the phone. She asks her mum why her dad needs a phone in his room, and fears him picking up the call.

Joon Young tries her hand at beating the competitors by using frozen cheaper fish ( also used by e competitors) and selling the soup at a cheaper price. the competitors get very angry and dunks drunkard father into the water to threaten him to stop competing with them. Father goes back and gets very mad with JY and slaps her after making a mess of a place. He shouts at her saying that she is not his daughter and isn't it time for her to go. JY cries begging him not to abandon her.

drunkard father calls the number again and this time the phone is picked up by In Joo's dad. He tells him that if he wants to know about his missing daughter he would have to meet him at a certain place at 12....

Ah, one more thing, we are also told that the elder brother of Lee Sang Woo's character is dead, which explains the mother (devious competitor) wearing the white ribbon during the press conference of In Joo's mother's inauguration ceremony for being Arirang's next head. Grandma tells the devious ex-competitor that she knew that she had added something into the water containing the fish and would next get a chance for a rematch

***end spoilers*****

I do hope i get to see them grown up soon!!!!

Oh and for those who are wondering who Joo sang wook and Lee sang woo play:

Joo sang wook plays the grandson of the 'master' of Arirang restaurant. He basically was a childhood playmate with In Joo

Lee sang woo plays the son of the lady who was battling with In Joo's mother to be the next head of Arirang. In the first episode, you can see him calling his mother telling her to come home and saying he will die if she doesn't get back.

I hope I didn't get anything wrong:)

Actually lee sang woo is the brother of the boy he phoned the mom. HIs brother died though in episode 2... but they didn't explain why.

Guest mtbluye

Actually lee sang woo is the brother of the boy he phoned the mom. HIs brother died though in episode 2... but they didn't explain why.

Ahhh I was confused as to which boy phone the mom. Thanks for the clarification

Guest sungyuri90

I want to watch this because of joo sang wook and sung yu ri!! what a good couple.. do you know what is the name of the song during the end of each episode? pleasee it's a very good songg...anyway good luck joo sang wook!!

Guest antinh85

^^

He's the main lead so they'll definitely end up together. Even though this is a melo but weekend dramas tends to end on happy note no matter how twisted the story gets...eg being "thousand Kisses". But i'm not totally sure though but i would be richard simmons if they are not. I'm only looking forward to their lovey-dovey moments. Seems like he's smitten with her already but wonder who she'll fall for first. There is the other handsome prince.

Archived