[Drama 2012] The Moon that Embraces the Sun 해를 품은 달

Guest yeohweping

Guest toho81

“The Moon that Embraces the Sun” Director’s Cut DVD Will Feature Deleted Scenes

by: hotshotlover30 on Apr 3, 2012

Kim Do Hoon, the director of popular series “The Moon that Embraces the Sun,” starring Kim Soo Hyun, Han Ga In, and Jung Il Woo, treated fans to great news.

On April 1, he tweeted, “’The Moon that Embraces the Sun’ Director’s Cut DVD will be released this June, It will feature the deleted scenes that had to be cut due to time restrictions restored in the original sequence.”The Director’s Cut will also contain behind-the-scenes footage, interviews, and other supplements.

Meanwhile, “The Moon that Embraces the Sun” ended its successful three-month run on March 15, ending with a personal high rating of 42.4% (AGB Nielsen). The final episode also set personal record-highs within the real-time ratings, reaching 48.1% at one point during the hour run.

credit: Soompi

That's great because my special ost only had a photo slide show of some deleted scenes, most obvious one was YM wearing unofficial clothes and drinking in the palace with Hwon with his official robe on. I'm disappointed but I love this show to the point where I still will cherish this ost

Guest pansy

Han Ga-in Still Wrestling with Innocent Image

from chosun.com

Han Ga-in is at the height of her career as an actress this year as both a TV drama and a film she stars in have become great hits. The MBC drama "The Sun and the Moon," which recently ended, had viewer ratings of over 40 percent, and her new film "Architecture 101" has attracted over 1 million viewers in only eight days since it was released last Thursday.

read more .... here

When a drama has ended, usually I watched it 2 or 3 times more and I got tired of it. But with TMETS, honestly, the more I watched it, the more I've been fascinated and moved and the more I found it entertaining and good! Even the acting is even getting better and better! I must be insane! lol! :D:D

I used to repeat "old dramas" during the Winter Sonata/Beautiful Days/All In/Full House/IJUKSA era, then my craze sort of going down and TMTETS started it all back....

Like you, the more I watched the more I find it fascinating. The first time I was soooo engrossed in the story, KSH crying and HGI innocent face, I didn't really notice anything else. I was so absorbed, I wanted to know how everything end badly. I was so absorbed thinking how I would like each and every bad character to die (I think BK was the worst way to die - to end ones life - that the most "dirtiest" way to die), I overlook the beauty of TMTETS.

Now I started to notice small details, I started to notice the details in the embroidery, the hair pins (the different of the pin base on rank in the palace – I think)

I love this hairpin the most – The one YW wore in Eps 20 –

themoonthatembracesthes.jpg

themoonthatembracesthese.jpg

2 beautiful blue butterflies.

I love the costumes, the accessory, very detailed and meticulous.

BTW – I think Butterfly is the most beautiful creation (I loveeeeeeeeeeeeee butterfly)

And also I started to notice - Like - OMG my Chonnnnnaaaaa leg is hairy... kikikiki ^_^

themoonthatembracesthes.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fvg8iivUQgk&feature=related

kshhs.jpg

Cap from the above link last scene - last Shot .. HS and KSH - They were so close... they hugged for quite sometime like they didn't want the drama to end.... KSH looked so sad....

The chemistry of the actors was amazing.... I love them so much - Hwon, Woon, HS and Myung..

Miss them :tears:

Haizzz... After 20 days MoonSun coming to the end, The King Lee Hwon now is traveling to London, The Eunuch HS is taking care of his pregnant wife, the Prince YM has just come back from New York, Queen Yeon Woo is with her modern-time husband, The Crown Prince Hwon is back to school, The young Crown Princess Yeon Woo is walking on a runway, and her older brother Huh Yeom becomes a Equator Man! Haizzz... They all leave me here - this fanpage - with a big NOSTALGIA!

I miss them! Still miss them! Pls come back together in one place again once more! Maybe at Baeksang Awards with greatest awards? I am dreaming... :)):wub:

By the way, joioanna, you found the melody played in episode 17 (when Hwon talking to YW in secret room) that monicaaaa asked? i also want to know the name of this! :P:wub:

Koora...

no. apparently that song in Ep 17 is also not in the special edition OST. That is a very nice tune indeed.  Maybe they will come out with another OST edition and hoping this particular tune will be there.

the wedding night after everyone left the room, the tune being played in Ep 20 timing 00:40:50 onwards is just the instrument with no orchestral background. The one in the special edition OST has all the orchestral background.  Thanks...

TVBS: Hwon is the most beautiful King in Hallyu

韓流史上最美「王」

金秀賢旋風來襲

你一定要認識的新韓流偶像──金秀賢!在韓國創下52.59%的瞬間收視紀錄,韓劇《擁抱太陽的月亮》確定四月初在台播出,24歲的男主角金秀賢因此劇暴紅,不但入圍韓國「百想藝術大賞」,代言廣告瞬間破15支,最近更取代玄彬接下三星廣告,讓經紀公司因他股價上升25%,成為老闆裴勇俊的搖錢樹。

http://www.facebook....24410675&type=1

I cannot post the image. Please post if you can to share with our guys! Tks so much!

Now I started to notice small details, I started to notice the details in the embroidery, the hair pins (the different of the pin base on rank in the palace – I think)

I love this hairpin the most – The one YW wore in Eps 20 –

*quoted image*

*quoted image*

2 beautiful blue butterflies.

I love the costumes, the accessory, very detailed and meticulous.

BTW – I think Butterfly is the most beautiful creation (I loveeeeeeeeeeeeee butterfly)

ooooow i just notice that, now .. it is Butterfly :wub: .. i love how this drama paid attention to details such this one .. Butterfly play an important role in YW & Hwon story, rite *thumbs up*

@koora .. here's the pics :D .. what's KSH doing in London ?

14welgi.jpg

ooooow i just notice that, now .. it is Butterfly  :wub:  .. i love how this drama paid attention to details such this one .. Butterfly play an important role in YW & Hwon story, rite *thumbs up*

@koora .. here's the pics  :D .. what's KSH doing in London ?

*quoted image*

I have heard that he takes photo for a fashion magazine!

Kim Soo Hyun Talks about His Role in "The Moon that Embraces the Sun

source : ohkpop.com

Kim Soo Hyun continued, “Right now, I’m living my life without any regrets. I plan on challenging myself with a variety of roles for the next eight years. I won’t lose focus and always remember to be an actor who works hard. Please look after me.”

Photo : KM46lq97.jpg

Haizzz... After 20 days MoonSun coming to the end, The King Lee Hwon now is traveling to London, The Eunuch HS is taking care of his pregnant wife, the Prince YM has just come back from New York, Queen Yeon Woo is with her modern-time husband, The Crown Prince Hwon is back to school, The young Crown Princess Yeon Woo is walking on a runway, and her older brother Huh Yeom becomes a Equator Man! Haizzz... They all leave me here - this fanpage - with a big NOSTALGIA!

I miss them! Still miss them! Pls come back together in one place again once more! Maybe at Baeksang Awards with greatest awards? I am dreaming... :)):wub:

Koora, you are so humorous... Like what you say... But that's life: Come & goodbye! I hope they all will meet again at Baeksang Awards 48! With highest prizes, of course!

Kim Soo Hyun Talks about His Role in "The Moon that Embraces the Sun

source : ohkpop.com

Kim  Soo Hyun continued, “Right now, I’m living my life without any regrets.  I plan on challenging myself with a variety of roles for the next eight  years. I won’t lose focus and always remember to be an actor who works  hard. Please look after me.”

Photo : http://img.ohkpop.co...05/KM46lq97.jpg

... for the next 8 years...? Is there  some hidden meaning in this sentence? hahha... Oh, don't say our king  wanna wait for his young Yeon Woo to grow up... :)) So happy to see this  come true in real life! I love them both, Soo Huyn & Yoo Jung! :D

ooooow i just notice that, now .. it is Butterfly :wub: .. i love how this drama paid attention to details such this one .. Butterfly play an important role in YW & Hwon story, rite *thumbs up*

@koora .. here's the pics :D .. what's KSH doing in London ?

*quoted image*

AND - YW pin/accessories are always more beautiful than the others.

Koora, you are so humorous... Like what you say... But that's life: Come & goodbye! I hope they all will meet again at Baeksang Awards 48! With highest prizes, of course!

... for the next 8 years...? Is there some hidden meaning in this sentence? hahha... Oh, don't say our king wanna wait for his young Yeon Woo to grow up... :)) So happy to see this come true in real life! I love them both, Soo Huyn & Yoo Jung! :D

May be he is thinking about military? ^_^

Kim Yoo Jung at 2012 F/W Seoul Fashion Week :wub:

Last article about this: http://www.ohkpop.com/33370/kim-yoo-jung-to-debut-on-the-runway

Kim Yoo Jung from “The Moon that Embraces the Sun” will have her runway debut this April. She will be participating in 2012 F/W Seoul Fashion Week, which starts on April 2. Kim Yoo Jung will be opening and closing Designer Gee Chun Hee‘s “Miss GEE collection” as a main model.

Designer Gee Chun Hee commented, “I was mesmerized by Kim Yoo Jung’s performance in ‘The Moon that Embraces the Sun.’ Although she is still young, I think she can be a very charming model on the runway, so I asked her to be my muse.”

Kim Yoo Jung expressed her gratitude and excitement, “It is a big honor to participate in designer Gee Chun Hee’s show, as I understand that she works with the best actresses of the time. I am so thankful. This experience will be an unforgettable one for me.”

The upcoming “Miss GEE collection” will present plaids, flower-patterns, riding pants, vintage outfits with the theme of “British Garden.” Fashion and show-biz industry officials as well as Kim Yoo Jung’s fans are anticipating her runway debut. 2012 F/W Seoul Fashion Week starts on April 2 and will continue until April 7. Kim Yoo Jung’s runway debut at “Miss GEE collection” will be presented on April 4 at 7pm KST. 

Guest umutoni

Just finished re-watching the whole  show (first time i re-watch a drama immediately after  it ended) and i still miss the show !!!

Don't know what to do to get it out of my head.

What's funny is i think i liked it even more the second time around. Like i didn't see the "flaws" anymore.Everything seemed better: the acting, the costumes, the sets...

Will still try to move on, so i can start to watch new dramas but only until the DVD comes out so i can re-watch it a third time  :sweatingbullets:

Just finished re-watching the whole  show (first time i re-watch a drama immediately after  it ended) and i still miss the show !!!

Don't know what to do to get it out of my head.

What's funny is i think i liked it even more the second time around. Like i didn't see the "flaws" anymore.Everything seemed better: the acting, the costumes, the sets...

Will still try to move on, so i can start to watch new dramas but only until the DVD comes out so i can re-watch it a third time  :sweatingbullets:

Yeah, I have watched TMTETS 5 times! My feelings is still great as the first time I saw it. Still crying alot with episode 5! And my mind is still covered by the circle shape (of Moon & Sun)! Show me how to back normal life! I cant watch other dramas until now! hahhahha  :rolleyes: