[Drama 2012] The Moon that Embraces the Sun 해를 품은 달

Guest yeohweping

For you not to forget an undeserving girl like me for 8 years... I could not ask for any more.

So I'm determined that for the rest of my days, even if Your Majesty forgets me, I'll remember you even more and deeply miss you.

Because I am next to the Sun, I don't need any other light.

My Fav line from YW - Thanks to Darksmurf sub team

hehe the photo and the YW quote is actually to give some SUBSTANCE to my post..... kekekekkekekekek... just some excuse     shhhhhhhhh!!

Yeah Bambiina, I also wanna say something like that to MoonSun and Hwon! ...

For you not to forget a girl like Yeon Woo for 8 years... I could not ask for any more.

So I'm determined that for the rest of my days, even if MoonSun ends & Your Majesty is not real, I'll remember the time I know Your Majesty and deeply miss MoonSun  even more.

Because I have the MoonSun, I don't need any other light from other dramas.

Because with MoonSun, I also have Light, Cloud, Snow, Fire, Flower, Rain... and real brightest stars to be their incarnations, I feel like I have a whole sky, so I don't wanna to find another from any other dramas. 

Because I have a perfect King Hwon and an idealest Prince YM, I don't need any other kings or princes for more. :wub:

Guest pansy

Headline: 김수현-정일우, 갖고 싶은 男-男 커플 1위 ‘등극’

Kim Soo Hyun-Jung Il Woo crowned as the ‘most wanted male couple’ (with 45% of votes!)

Following in 2nd is Kang Dong Won-Won Bin (34%), 3rd is SBS Fashion King’s Yoo Ah In-Lee Je Hoon, in 4th is 2 Days 1 Night’s Lee Seo Jin-Lee Seung Gi.

Reblogged from fyeahilwoo

Cr:sunmoon FB

awe3aq.jpg

Guest toho81

Headline: 김수현-정일우, 갖고 싶은 男-男 커플 1위 ‘등극’

Kim Soo Hyun-Jung Il Woo crowned as the ‘most wanted male couple’ (with 45% of votes!)

Following in 2nd is Kang Dong Won-Won Bin (34%), 3rd is SBS Fashion King’s Yoo Ah In-Lee Je Hoon, in 4th is 2 Days 1 Night’s Lee Seo Jin-Lee Seung Gi.

Reblogged from fyeahilwoo

Cr:sunmoon FB

*quoted image*

I love these brothers!

Guest old soul

I am going to re-post what I wrote on another thread since I realized it was more appropriate for this thread:

The harmonious relationship of the production crew including the actors/actresses off the set contributed to the success of the drama. When I also watched the farewell party for the drama I got a glimpse of the very close working relationship they all had in the course of filming the drama. And to top it off, they had to deal with the challenge of the strike. When they still came out on top and finished with a bang (strike included), it just proved how much greater the drama had become and how much it was really loved by most of Korea. I guess I wasn't the only one who was so attached and affected by the characters in this drama.

We were so blessed with a drama that was very easy on the eyes (so beautiful to look at in fact). We have the production crew to thank for that. I think this is part of what makes the drama so appealing to a lot of people. The way they framed the scenes was an art in itself. It was like a slideshow of beautiful paintings. Even the most violent of scenes like when YM gets killed came out so beautiful in the stills. If only I were more computer literate I would make a collection of those beautiful stills. But I have many of you here who tirelessly post these stills to thank for. So thank you, All!

Confession time:

I was the going through the same withdrawal woes many of you were going through with this drama. I couldn't get myself to finish SUFBB (I'm sure this was my loss since I heard it was a good drama overall.) I also couldn't start watching K2H and RP. I felt it would be unfair to watch the two dramas because I would not be able to avoid comparing them to TMTETS. So I decided to watch a movie Chilling Romance, and I enjoyed it. So now I've decided to take on FOTG because it was totally different from TMTETS. At least I can watch it without the fear of comparisons with this drama.

But I will continue to monitor and appreciate everyone's posts. It's great when everyone can share their enjoyment.

Guest toho81

I am going to re-post what I wrote on another thread since I realized it was more appropriate for this thread:

The harmonious relationship of the production crew including the actors/actresses off the set contributed to the success of the drama. When I also watched the farewell party for the drama I got a glimpse of the very close working relationship they all had in the course of filming the drama. And to top it off, they had to deal with the challenge of the strike. When they still came out on top and finished with a bang (strike included), it just proved how much greater the drama had become and how much it was really loved by most of Korea. I guess I wasn't the only one who was so attached and affected by the characters in this drama.

We were so blessed with a drama that was very easy on the eyes (so beautiful to look at in fact). We have the production crew to thank for that. I think this is part of what makes the drama so appealing to a lot of people. The way they framed the scenes was an art in itself. It was like a slideshow of beautiful paintings. Even the most violent of scenes like when YM gets killed came out so beautiful in the stills. If only I were more computer literate I would make a collection of those beautiful stills. But I have many of you here who tirelessly post these stills to thank for. So thank you, All!

Confession time:

I was the going through the same withdrawal woes many of you were going through with this drama. I couldn't get myself to finish SUFBB (I'm sure this was my loss since I heard it was a good drama overall.) I also couldn't start watching K2H and RP. I felt it would be unfair to watch the two dramas because I would not be able to avoid comparing them to TMTETS. So I decided to watch a movie Chilling Romance, and I enjoyed it. So now I've decided to take on FOTG because it was totally different from TMTETS. At least I can watch it without the fear of comparisons with this drama.

But I will continue to monitor and appreciate everyone's posts. It's great when everyone can share their enjoyment.

I agree on Feast of Gods. I am also watching that drama without any bias because I can't compare it to TMETS

* sigh * how i wish i can meet KSH in person... I think am gonna jump off to hug and kiss him...the more i listen his voice sings the OST, the more i in love with him...

LOL, y didnt I do that to JIW...hehehe...he has not been found by any fan since Saturday and maybe that's y...LOL

Guest pansy

Confession time:

;) always love how you "worded" your thoughts ... even for the eps preview they made it like (.. i'm borrowing your words..) a slideshow of beautiful paintings .. also those beautiful love lines, how the production team paid attention to details also deserved praise *clap-clap* .. here's one of them :

Secret of The Moon Embracing the Sun Poster Background: Irworobongdo

MBC TV series The Moon Embracing the Sun staring Kim Soo Hyun, Han Ga In, Jung Il Woo and Kim Min Seo has gained popularity that is rarely seen for recent Korean dramas.

There are many reasons that contributed to the popularity of The Moon Embracing in the Sun, other than cliffhanging story plot and excellent acting, the attention the producer paid to the fine details also a main factor.

Recently, the implied meaning of the background design of The Moon Embracing the Sun poster is uncovered.

1492lcn.jpg

The photo is based on Irworobongdo (일월오봉도 / 日月五峯圖), or literally, Painting of the Sun, Moon and the Five Peaks, a highly stylized landscape painting of a sun and moon, five peaks together with lake and waterfalls which in between always was set behind Eojwa, the king’s royal phoenix throne during the Joseon Dynasty. Irworobongdo is also called Irwolgonnyundo (일월곤륜도 / 日月崑崙圖).

The background pattern of The Moon Embracing the Sun poster is actually the similar image with the pattern that appears on the front of banknote of 10,000 South Korean won.

The Irworobongdo painting appears below the wording of 만원 in 10,000 South Korean won banknote.

14depsz.jpg

The Irworobongdo that appears in The Moon Embracing the Sun drama, inside the bedroom of the King Lee Hwon.

11c8dj9.jpg

Irworobongdo at the Geunjeongjeon throne hall of Gyeongbokgung Palace

33wsho8.jpg

Historians suggested that the Sun, Moon and Five Peaks screens were one of the most important elements in the throne hall which been used from mid-seventeenth century, and that this formalized landscape illustrates the Joseon political cosmology. The “almost” red sun represents the king as the yang, the positive male principle, while the white moon represents the queen as the yin, the negative female principle. These two principles make the universe work.

The image in The Moon Embraces the Sun’s poster also includes additional sun and moon in the form of inverted reflection in the water. Nonetheless, the use Sun, Moon and Five Peaks pattern as the background of the official drama poster heightens interestingness and mystery surrounding the drama.

btw, what's SUFBB ? :D

Confession time:

I'm so touch with your post... :) I'm totally agree with it... they really spoiled us with beautiful scenes, wardrobes, even foods... I'm not gonna highlite the flaws because afraid it might trigger another bad aura in here hehehe.. but despite the flaws, these beautiful things was shown in the drama really cover up the flaws.

I also watch FOTG but stuck now, i've been left behind 4 eps...hehehe....the story is too much angst and my little heart can't hold that much..hehehe.... anyway, yes, FOTG is totally different from RF and K2H's story...no King's thing in there, so I can't make the comparison with TMTES.

Guest old soul

;) always love how you "worded" your thoughts ... even for the eps preview they made it like (.. i'm borrowing your words..) a slideshow of beautiful paintings .. also those beautiful love lines, how the production team paid attention to details also deserved praise *clap-clap* .. here's one of them :

If I'm not mistaken, SUFBB is Shut Up: Flower Boy Band.

Guest toho81

The drama poster came with my OST and it is truly beautiful. Its on my wall and I feel I can just stare at it forever. I also love the reflection of the sun and moon shown in the water. Sigh....the drama is like a beautiful painting

Guest Megamissy

I think team work are very important they became so closed due to the fact they battered the winter cold day and night together.Most of the main characters are young adult and they are very playful especially KSH and it bring joyful moments.

We can see later part of the drama when Hwon and Yeonu are united their hugging and kissing are so natural  especially the ending part when the King kisses the Queen HGI slightly tilted her head and KSH look so tender in that sweet and memorable scene.

I hope broadcaster will team TMTETS actors together to produce a modern day drama to save us from TMTETS addiction.

Guest old soul

Thank you to toho81, pansy, peipei78 and the others who shared my views!! Pansy, good of you to re-post that quote---very interesting read :)

Guest maha_love

im still not over this drama yet :tears: especially my boooys im gonna miss drooling over the screen over their hotness! :wub:

Let's keep on sharing more photos about em right? im gonna spread some love here too hehe I got these from here My link

640_1332827090.jpg?1332827090

640_1332827092.jpg?1332827092

640_1332827217.jpg?1332827217

640_1332827219.jpg?1332827218

Guest pansy

The drama poster came with my OST and it is truly beautiful. Its on my wall and I feel I can just stare at it forever. I also love the reflection of the sun and moon shown in the water. Sigh....the drama is like a beautiful painting

did you get your Special OST already ? please, please share the booklet & DVD scenes, if you dont mind :D*begging .. just like YW expression in my avatar* ... *hehehe*

Confession time:

good sense cinggu !!! this drama makes you care about the characters .. a lottt :wub: ..

the script, the cast, the production are just soooo "flower petals-firework-tasty" ... *LOL*

a drama from novel adaptation always have one early advantage .. a solid fan base even before the drama is released .. especially if the novel is a good one, of course ... everyone eagerly waiting .. but after the drama is broadcast ... this can work both ways .. blessing or boomerang .. ratings up or drop .. ? luckily for TMTETS, it's a blessing ... the ratings steadily increasing ... despite all the "insignificant" flaws *sheez* :D .. the fan base keep growing ... result in higher ratings till the end .. *HA!!!* :P

so for me ... TMTETS will forever be carved in my memory :wub:

Chingus,

I love the instrumental Guitar Version of Song Of The Moon (played when Yang Myung talk with Woon)... So touching and I love it!

But cannot find! If you have it, please share the link to me! Thanks so much! :lol:

Guest old soul

good sense cinggu !!! this drama makes you care about the characters .. a lottt :wub: ..

the script, the cast, the production are just soooo "flower petals-firework-tasty" ... *LOL*

a drama from novel adaptation always have one early advantage .. a solid fan base even before the drama is released .. especially if the novel is a good one, of course ... everyone eagerly waiting .. but after the drama is broadcast ... this can work both ways .. blessing or boomerang .. ratings up or drop .. ? luckily for TMTETS, it's a blessing ... the ratings steadily increasing ... despite all the "insignificant" flaws *sheez* :D .. the fan base keep growing ... result in higher ratings till the end .. *HA!!!* :P

so for me ... TMTETS will forever be carved in my memory :wub:

A lot of people (especially those that say that they didn't like TMTETS and stopped watching it) would comment on how they did like the first six episodes with the younger cast and wished that the younger cast could have stayed on longer. What's interesting to note was that even with the younger cast gone, the ratings soared so much higher (30%-40%). I guess what I'm trying to say was that the drama became even more popular when the adult cast stepped in. The adult cast not only helped maintain the ratings, but contributed in making the ratings reach the highest levels. I adore the younger cast, but kudos to the adult cast for the fourteen episodes they stepped up to the plate.